Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98425 12/17/13 08:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Don't blame Lois too badly. She was just trying to get out from between a rock and hard place ( [Linked Image] That's not what I meant, Michael!) and save her friends. [Linked Image] Okay, maybe I meant it a little bit. laugh

Comments appreciated and read between shopping, standing in line at the post office, baking cookies, pulling kittens out of the Christmas tree, and penciling in writing time in between 10pm and sleep.

Thank you for continuing to read through these dark days. I know how hard it is to read such depressing stories at this time of year. /psst. It's even harder to write them. Okay, maybe not, because I know where this is headed. evil /

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/30/14 01:27 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Oh Lois, Lois, Lois. Sounds like you got backed into a corner. Hope you can play this to win (I mean with Clark and not Luthor.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello,

Christmas gift: a feedback ... kidding, just wanting to tell you there are still people reading, like me ; )
I really hope this disastrous situation will soon come to an end. I can't bear Luthor. Lois and Clark should really talk face to face.
Waiting for your next parts : )

Merry Christmas.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
and it had taken Clark several hours to discover that he died days before the email had been sent.
[Linked Image]

“Hey, Mum! Who’s at the door?” Ms. Gilbert’s son asked as he jumped down the stairs, bouncing a soccer ball from knee to knee.

“Just a man, and, Dylan, how many times have I told you not to play football in the house?” Ms. Gilbert called back.
Oh. Duh!

There’s been some kind of cock-up. You must want my uncle: Theodore Dylan Gilbert,
Oooh!

Clark knew the answer before he asked the question. “Where might I reach your uncle, Ms. Gilbert?”

“In heaven. He died before Nightfall, Mr. Kent.
Oops? Unless…

In the ensuing chaos, I had difficulty gathering his friends and colleagues for the memorial service,” Ms. Gilbert said. “It’s sad really. Uncle Dylan would have been one of the few who would have loved Nightfall. I’m sorry he missed it.”
Yeah, sounds like he got knocked off just in time.

“I can introduce Dylan to Superman.”

The words slipped out of his mouth before he could stop them.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for the surprise FDK gift(s)! hyper I'll answer you more personally in a day or two... but, for now, I present you with an unexpected twist. evil <<See Part 152, posting momentarily.>>

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for reading and responding and on Christmas Eve as well! notworthy Thank you.

Christina: I was worried that everyone had thought Lois had compromised herself too much in this part. Phew. wink
Oh Lois, Lois, Lois. Sounds like you got backed into a corner. Hope you can play this to win (I mean with Clark and not Luthor.)
LEX: Win? No, no! /stomps foot/ I'm the only winner in this story!
EW: Would like to remind readers that Lex doesn't have access to the full outline.
LEX: Say, what?

Annalina19: Thank you so much for your comments!

Christmas gift: a feedback ... kidding, just wanting to tell you there are still people reading, like me
Always good to hear. And FDK is very much like chocolate to this writer. laugh So, a very good gift indeed.
I really hope this disastrous situation will soon come to an end. I can't bear Luthor. Lois and Clark should really talk face to face.
Waiting for your next parts
Yes, it wouldn't seem to take as long if RL would allow to me write faster and post more quickly. wallbash

Merry Christmas.
Thank you. It was. I hope you had a merry holiday as well. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thank you for sack full of comments!

“In heaven. He died before Nightfall, Mr. Kent.
Oops? Unless…
Not? Hmmm. That is the question. Did Great Uncle Dylan die naturally of old age or unnaturally in his old age. wink

Yeah, sounds like he got knocked off just in time.
Or a pretty sound 'oops'.

“I can introduce Dylan to Superman.”
ER: Hey, it could be worse. He could use that phrase to pick up women.
LOIS: Clark used to use that one all the time on me, until I realized I could contact him myself by dangling from a roof and screaming 'help!'

SUPERMAN (as quoted by LNN, please ignore the jarring cuts): Establish a home for. My people. The people of Earth. Will come. To accept. My help. Women. Will be. Made. (different voice) Concubines.
dance

Maybe he upgraded the Zircon?
laugh Maybe it just appears bigger due to what she's giving up in exchange?

Lex can still blow it up.
LEX: That hasn't been taken off the table.

BATMAN: He’s Kryptonian under a yellow sun. What are you afraid of?
MARTHA: And he calls himself the greatest detective? Ha! Doesn't he know that Kryptonite isn't Superman's only weakness?

Lois really needs to make up her mind. Or is it just that once she accepts multi-million dollar charges she won’t be making much business in the future?
Well, you see, she never expected to go through with the marriage /wedding, so she figured that accepting the engagement only in exchange for keeping her friends' livelihoods was just a delaying technique. Him actually offering her the Daily Planet business seems a bit more tangible a price... er... exchange.

Merry Christmas!
It was. Thank you. I hope you had a happy holiday as well. Hey, look! They have a smilie representing what my hubby gave me for Christmas! [Linked Image] Thankfully, Santa stepped up to the plate with my 'Man of Steel' DVD and chocolates! /my hubby better watch out/ Thank you for my holiday FDK!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thank you for sack full of comments!
You’re welcome. Hope it didn’t block you chimney.

LOIS: Clark used to use that one all the time on me, until I realized I could contact him myself by dangling from a roof and screaming 'help!'
laugh

LEX: I don't lie! I speak the truth with creativity.
LOIS: So do I.
LEX: [Linked Image]

Oh, dear. He's in for a rude shock. /also, so much for Lois's chances of winning 'nicest person in Metropolis' award this year./
I thought she already ruined those by Jan. 3rd.

CANON LOIS: Can I claim that she shot Superman with a Kryptonite bullet as well?
But that was Ari!

quote: That can’t be ethical.

And?
I was just saying…

LOIS: Pishaw! When one has his wealth, one isn't allowed to do what one likes or wants. Everything must concern his public image.
So, Lex is not allowed to do Lois any way he wants to?

ER: AKA controlling Lois.

Is more difficult than controlling the planet?
CLARK: /Thinks it’s a job for Superman!/
laugh

MARTHA: And he calls himself the greatest detective? Ha! Doesn't he know that Kryptonite isn't Superman's only weakness?
BATMAN: <- Billionaire Playboy.

They have a smilie representing what my hubby gave me for Christmas! [Stockings filled with stockings]
There there.

Thankfully, Santa stepped up to the plate with my 'Man of Steel' DVD and chocolates! /my hubby better watch out/ Thank you for my holiday FDK!
[Linked Image] Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
and whom Luthor had hired.
I'm surprised this was not the first objection.

Ms. Gilbert scowled at Clark. “Why would I want my son to meet Superman, Mr. Kent? He almost destroyed the Earth.”
frown Things are bad.

She had explained everything in the note she had slipped between the issues of Daily Planets stacked on his doorstep while he was Brazil, and she knew Clark always read the newspaper.
I think that should be "he was in Brazil".

Lois would have to try harder to contact Clark, through his Superman persona if need be. Surely, Lex wouldn’t jump to conclusions if a reporter from LNN spoke with Superman, right?
If the reporter is Lois he will.

he told her that was terrific and to get him a copy of virus so that they could have independent experts verify Laderman’s hypothesis,
Independent = in Lex's pocket any willing to lie to discredit Superman.

She didn’t trust herself to stay in control should the debate become heated, as she was sure it would, and keep all of Clark’s secrets.
Evil anti-SM reporter:Superman will violently force himself on the women of theearth.

Lois:That is a total lie, I had to try really hard to get him to sleep with me.

They had dismissed her as if she were the ‘little lady’ with no head for business.
Chip: She does not have an MBA, how could she understand these important things?

and the micromanaging of the Man of Steel.
Good thing they do not know that is what they are doing.

“The Luthor name cannot be synonymous with Goode.”
I just love that she is able to get in this dig without him knowing she means "The Luthor name cannot be synonymous with good."

“Even controlling the planet isn’t enough, I need a bigger challenge. Marry me, Lois.”
Should planet be capitalized?

“Superman doesn’t trust me any more than you do,” she said.
Sadly, right now, this is very close to the truth.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
You’re welcome. Hope it didn’t block you chimney.
Not at all. laugh

EW: /also, so much for Lois's chances of winning 'nicest person in Metropolis' award this year./
ER: I thought she already ruined those by Jan. 3rd.
She only started upon joining LNN.

CANON LOIS: Can I claim that she shot Superman with a Kryptonite bullet as well?
ER: But that was Ari!
CANON LOIS: [Linked Image] Sure. Right. Of course it was. Let's go with that.

So, Lex is not allowed to do Lois any way he wants to?
LOIS: Duh!

ER: AKA controlling Lois.

Is more difficult than controlling the planet?
CLARK: /Thinks it’s a job for Superman!/
rotflol

BATMAN: <- Billionaire Playboy.
MARTHA: So, he doesn't understand affairs of the heart?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Hey! wave
and whom Luthor had hired.
JOHN: I'm surprised this was not the first objection.
So, the last one on his list doesn't get the most emphasis?

Things are bad.
clap Pretty much.

Good thing they do not know that is what they are doing.
So, you think the micromanaging of CK would stop if they knew he was SM?

I just love that she is able to get in this dig without him knowing she means "The Luthor name cannot be synonymous with good."
You'll notice that many things that Lois says during this investigation have double meanings.

“Even controlling the planet isn’t enough, I need a bigger challenge. Marry me, Lois.”
JOHN: Should planet be capitalized?
When Lois talking about Luthor "controlling the Planet", she was speaking about the Daily Planet newspaper (hence the capitalization). When Lex (as quoted above) is speaking about "controlling the planet", he means "Earth", so 'no', capitalization is not required. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:EW: /also, so much for Lois's chances of winning 'nicest person in Metropolis' award this year./

She only started upon joining LNN.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
EW: /also, so much for Lois's chances of winning 'nicest person in Metropolis' award this year./

EW: She only started upon joining LNN.

ER: /faints from surprise/ She was still in the running before then?
Oh, no. Not in the least. She was just trying a new tactic at LNN... starting out as the 'not a chance in hell' candidate.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard