Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was inspired by a holiday mishap which happened to me last year and a misunderstanding my husband had when he caught me in mid-panicked melt-down.

Comments appreciated and nibbled on with hot mocha with whipped cream.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/28/14 11:49 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, lookee here... I haven't been on the boards in forever and I am the first to reply! laugh

Very fun vignette! I thought for sure the Kent house was in ruins! Thank goodness it was just the (un)edible kind! rotflol

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Yup. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I couldn't figure out how the house could be on fire and Martha not know about it. You had me the whole way through.

Thanks for the chuckles.

Shallowford
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVED it! Did not see the end coming at all....

Lois smiled sheepishly, reminding the older woman of her son.
Could totally picture both of these expressions...liked this detail you added smile

“It’s just as much my fault as it is yours. Clark warned me not to leave you unsupervised in my kitchen.”

"He did what?” Lois growled. “How dare…”

“Sweetie, this really isn’t the time for a ‘how dare Clark’ moment, now is it?” Martha said, giving her a stern look.

Lois held up a finger. “Just because he was right, doesn’t mean he should ever have said it,” she insisted.
This was great! So like Clark to worry ahead of time, and so like Lois to be annoyed by it, and hold her ground clap .

A snow twister came down the drive and stopped in front of the women.
Cool way to describe a super-charged Clark in the snow...loved it!

“Thanks, Martha,” Lois said with a grateful smile. “I only wish I hadn’t ruined Clark’s surprise.”

“Trust me,” Clark called from behind them. “I was plenty surprised.”
Really liked the ending of this...seemed totally like a 'Clark' thing to say--and really fit with how he was feeling at that moment. Awesome!

Now I'm in the mood to read about Lois and Clark building the gingerbread house together--sure all sorts of funny issues could come up with the construction--with Lois trying to take over, and Clark trying to plan it all out perfectly...

I love a fun holiday story--thanks for a great read!

Laura smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
clap

I didn't see that coming at all! I was a little confused at first by Martha's lack of overreaction. And then Martha asking about "their" house, I was like clap Great little twist! I can see that happening!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Ha! That was fun. I *did* think that Martha seemed a bit too calm for Lois to have actually burned the house down... I particularly enjoyed this line:

“It was just your house that burned, right? Not mine?” Martha asked as they continued through the door.
Oh, and I agree; Clark's reaction was utterly priceless! What a fantastic way to start the holiday season! clap

Ultra Lucille
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL There totally wasn't enought time for the HOUSE house to burn down - and come on Clark, you think you'd miss seeing a huge plume of smoke coming from the farm?

*smh & lol*

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story TOTALLY caught me off guard! But as I read, I wondered how Martha of all people could have missed smelling smoke!

After that, all I could do was read and chuckle as the fic unfolded. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Burning Down the House
Oooh! Virginia Christmas Cheer! /checks length/ wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mozartmaid: Thanks for stopping by within the first ten minutes. laugh /it's easy to be first when you read it as soon as I post/

Very fun vignette! I thought for sure the Kent house was in ruins! Thank goodness it was just the (un)edible kind!
I'm glad you enjoyed the subtle twist ending. Poor Lois gets such a bad rap for being danger prone.

Shallowford: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Yup. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I couldn't figure out how the house could be on fire and Martha not know about it. You had me the whole way through.
I figured in this story the barn isn't right next to the house but down the drive a good 100+ yards. It's possible to ruin a house with smoke damage (and an inside fire) without burning it down. Luckily Lois did neither.

Thanks for the chuckles.
You're Welcome.

Laura (LMA): Thank you for reading and commenting.
LOVED it! Did not see the end coming at all....
smile1

Lois smiled sheepishly, reminding the older woman of her son.
Could totally picture both of these expressions...liked this detail you added.
Thanks. While opposite may attract, they also rub off on one another.

This was great! So like Clark to worry ahead of time, and so like Lois to be annoyed by it, and hold her ground.
I can't have her admit she's wrong, even when she is. wink

A snow twister came down the drive and stopped in front of the women.
Cool way to describe a super-charged Clark in the snow...loved it!
I'm glad you liked this image. I wasn't sure about it, since Clark would technically have to be spinning down the drive to create it.

Really liked the ending of this...seemed totally like a 'Clark' thing to say--and really fit with how he was feeling at that moment. Awesome!
Well, he is our resident smart aleck.

Now I'm in the mood to read about Lois and Clark building the gingerbread house together--sure all sorts of funny issues could come up with the construction--with Lois trying to take over, and Clark trying to plan it all out perfectly...
I know Mozartmaid wrote a story recently which had them baking cookies together, but I have no plans for a sequel.

I love a fun holiday story--thanks for a great read!
Thanks, and you're welcome. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouserocks: Glad to have you rolling in the aisles. laugh

I didn't see that coming at all! I was a little confused at first by Martha's lack of overreaction.
Yes, I was worried about that, too. Maybe I'll crank it up a bit for the Archive version; although, since Martha speaks woman, and knew what Lois was up to, she correctly assumed 'gingerbread' house.
And then Martha asking about "their" house, I was like /dizzy/ did they move to Kansas?!
When you marry a Kansan...

Great little twist! I can see that happening!
Uh... 'cause it did kind of happen to me? blush You'd think my family would've learned not to disturb me while I'm in the midst of trying to bake something new. Ha! My hubby made the mistake of calling while I was smoke detector deep in burning gingerbread house. /This is when I discovered that cake mix boxes have shrunk, but my recipe called for the old box size./

Thanks for stopping by. hyper Caught another one!
This story TOTALLY caught me off guard! But as I read, I wondered how Martha of all people could have missed smelling smoke!
Does smoke smell worse than manure? huh She *was* mucking out a stall. wink

After that, all I could do was read and chuckle as the fic unfolded.
I'm glad you were entertained. Thanks for reading.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: hyper Yup.

Oh no. Who let Lois into the kitchen? [waits impatiently for an answer]
MARTHA: blush

And where was Clark during all this?
In town with Jonathan buying feed.

She got distracted again! And she’s fallen back into her traditional gender role. Wait, does that mean she’s also drunk while Clark ... visits the Sherriff?
LOIS: *MY* mother wasn't traditional!

MICHAEL: /guesses Lois has been baking and not leaving anything for her hubby/
LOIS: Well, he *can* eat it if he *wants to*.

No nookie for him tonight?
CLARK: shock We're at my *folks!*

/checks rule book/
Ooops. Did we miss that one?

One thing I don’t get – Martha is really calm with Lois announcing the house has burnt down.
Technically, Lois didn't say "burned down", she said "ruined", but... you're probably right.

And Clark flew in he would have seen the house is still standing.
He and Jonathan drove back to the farm in the truck. He only flew from the other side of the barn.

That’s about how long it takes to burn down a wooden house.
JONATHAN: [Linked Image] I guess we shouldn't have insulated the thing with wood shavings and old newspapers dipped in turpentine.

/She got me!/ A *gingerbread* house! [Of course!] But why is Clark so concerned about his parent’s house? A baking competition, mayhaps?
Because he didn't know Lois had been baking.

Yeah, I guess Lois must be pretty well versed by now with the fire extinguisher.
LUCY: I still prefer getting the fireman to extinguish my fire instead of using some dead household appliance.
LOIS: Lucy! /calls Monica and Rachel and insists that they let Lucy move in with them/

Anyway, I thought since they’re both thick and sticky…”
MICHAEL: /expects such mistakes from a rookie in the kitchen/
Yeah, I made the same mistake. I figured since we weren't going to eat it, how it tasted didn't really matter... My hubby, the Chef, had the same reaction you did. laugh

The true reason Lois never got any Christmas presents from Santa
Her cookies gave him indigestion?

What a fun Christmas story! You are evil.
Thank you. I try to keep you on your toes.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
And we ALL know if I had incorporated it in there, it would have been at least 3 parts long.
hyper

quote:Lois Lane Kent?

CLARK: [Hyper] Yup.
WRONG CLARK: Oh, will you just shut up!
Yes, WC looks a lot like a green Tempus in a Santa outfit.

LOIS: *MY* mother wasn't traditional!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
EW: I've given up being brief for Long... er... Wrong Clark.
What Lois reads: Clark doesn’t wear briefs.
lol Actually, when I typed that out, I accidentally... Feudenily, typed out "Long" instead of "Wrong".
CLARK: And, technically, Lois, I like to call 'em 'shorts'.

WRONG CLARK: Oh, will you just shut up!
Yes, WC looks a lot like a green Tempus in a Santa outfit.
Hey, canon Lois turned down canon Clark the first time he asked too.

LOIS: Well, he *can* eat it if he *wants to*.
ER: He’ll have to if he wants to get nookie?
LOIS: No, no. I meant with his jaw and cast iron stomach, he could *try* to eat my first batch...

No nookie for him tonight?

CLARK: [Shock] We're at my *folks!*
LOIS: /points at Labrat’s Epiphany/ Aaaaand?
Hmmmm. I'll have to add that one to my list... or as a suggestion for the FanFiction Reader\'s Club list. /hint, hint, nudge, nudge/

Because he didn't know Lois had been baking.
LOIS: I’m *not* danger prone *or* a menace to society outside the kitchen. /mad/
CLARK: She's not?

ER: The true reason Lois never got any Christmas presents from Santa

EW: Her cookies gave him indigestion?
ER: [Yup!] No wonder she doesn’t like cookies. Or men.
LOIS: I like Kryptonian men... well, man really, just the one though.
ZARA: You can't have him. Ching's mine!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: And, technically, Lois, I like to call 'em 'shorts'.
So, he’s Short Clark? Wonder if that’s better than Brief Clark.

CLARK: She's not?
LOIS: So, next you want to say that my butt looks big in those jeans? mad

LOIS: I like Kryptonian men... well, man really, just the one though.
ZARA: You can't have him. Ching's mine!
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard