Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98201 12/03/13 07:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I wish I could write faster, so I could post this arc faster. Thank you for your continued readership.

Comments appreciated. laugh

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/03/14 12:45 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Just another one of her stories being hijacked. Terrific. She had half a mind to not tell them and let them squirm.
frown she really is forgetting that this story could makes things very bad for Clark.

Had Clark told Perry about her Daitch investigation? No. That didn’t make sense.
Especially since Clark has never been told about it, so without telling the chief that CK=SM, it might be a bit hard to explain how he knows anything.

Payback for Clark saving his life, for being too close to Lois while they had been handcuffed, or for proposing… oh, God! Please tell her that Lex didn’t know about Clark’s proposal.
Of course Lex knows about Clark's proposal.

Wouldn’t it keep until she returned? Especially when Clark wasn’t around to work on it.
She really should have tried harder to make sure all her notes were secure before leaving.

It wasn’t until she produced “Clark’s” birth certificate and school records, the former supplied by the Kents and the latter by Louie, that Eugene did some digging to double-check her facts. Finally, he believed her and agreed to restore Clark’s past.
Sounds like he tried to back out of giving the help he promised.

on Clark’s desk before heading out to meet him and the Met Star skank for some B&E in Preston Carpenter’s office.
So did Lois get any hands on connection with her partner while they were busting Carpenter?

At least, she knew the story would be safe in Clark’s hands.
If only.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He knew this would happen. “I’ve emptied the entire box, sir. Her notebooks aren’t there. I even double-checked her old desk. Nada.”
They really should have made sure to lock them up safely when she stored out.

The Chief snapped his fingers. “Kent! He’s… was her partner. He would know where she keeps her story notes.”
She might let him have her body, but would she reveal the location of her story notes to him?

His boss stared at him out of the corner of his eye for a moment. “And we’re all lucky that Kent’s not litigious. If Lois had done that to…” He froze, stiffening. His voice went cold. “Is Ralph in today?”
smile1 Perry figured out what is happening.

Jimbo shook his head. “Nah. Jimmy told me yesterday when I was looking for him that because weekends are slow time for financial reporting
I think that should be "are a slow time".

Stole a story? How can I steal a story from someone who doesn’t work there anymore?
Sadly for Ralph he is uninformed about Lois's real employment situation.

Ralph drummed his fingers on the cover of the notebooks. Did Kent know about Lois’s investigation of EPRAD?
Of course.

Call the police and report what’s happened. They’ll want to investigate. Inform them that I’ve taken this man to the hospital and will be contact with them to issue my statement,”
I think that should be "will be in contact with".

Lois wasn’t quite sure how she ended up walking into work at LNN on Monday morning. She knew how she got there and why she was there, but a part of her was still unsure if it was the right thing to do.
Probably not, she seems to be making no progress against Lex. I said this was a horrible plan from the start.

She wasn’t jealous of Mrs. Cox, not in the least. Personally, she preferred Lex satisfied by another woman, because even considering what that poor Mrs. Cox must endure made Lois nauseous.
At least she has some sympathy for Mrs. Cox.

He had given Lois some lame excuse about being in Washington D.C. for a fundraiser. Lex didn’t even have the decency to tell her which fundraiser it was.
And he has the audacity to ask her to marry him?

“I worked there for practically ten years, Lex. Of course, I’d care. Do you think so little of my opinion that you never even asked me if you should buy the paper?” Lois said.
Clearly he thinks that little of her opinion.

“Well, this is fortuitous, Lois, because I didn’t want you to work at the New York Times.” His answers were louder now, so he must be alone. “I want you to work for me.”
He is such a manipulative creep.

Lex had chuckled. “I try to keep work and pleasure separate, darling.”
Another set of lies from Luthor.

Lois didn’t know what was wrong with her. She had been so emotional lately.
Sounds like the pregnancy is starting to get to her.

He wished he could have Lois and her reporter’s instinct there to assist him with the monotony of the research,
Oh, I thought it was other things about Lois that cut down on the monotony.

and even had lifted up the receiver to call her, before recalling that she didn’t work for the Daily Planet anymore.
This is so sad.

Now, it was Monday morning again, and Clark would finally have Jimmy or Jimbo to help him narrow down the list further.
At least this story is starting to move, which is about all I can say for it.

“Oh, Chip. Nice to meet you,” Clark said, extending his hand. “Jimmy mentioned you. You’re the new research assistant Luthor hired, aren’t you? Welcome on-board!”
clap I just love this line.

“Oh, so you used to write and edit for the Harvard Crimson, then?” Clark inquired.

“No.”
Good lines.

“The Harvard Business Journal?” Clark pressed again.

“No.”
Another good guess. Although if he just wrote it might not make him qualified to run a newspaper.

“Trying to do research without any support staff, apparently,” Clark responded.
Another good line.

“Well, I’m in charge now. I want you to drop everything and head over to Fort Truman. There’s a press conference scheduled about…”
Go Clark, go.

He had learned recently that people weren’t always they seemed to be.
I think that should be "always what they".

He had no idea on how to run a shoeshine stand, let alone a major newspaper.
I think that should be "idea of how".

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She locked herself in the bathroom stall and unfolded the note.

Part 149

Who sent Prof D. the data?

Lois scowled. What the hell? What kind of note was that?
Not a love letter, apparently.
CLARK: confused But Lois *loves* investigating stuff. I thought… drool
Mrs. COX: Good. Be so kind and hold this box for me, will ya?
RALPH: drool
Mrs. COX: Bye.
RALPH: Wonder what’s in there…
/Ralph’s body parts bounce off the walls all around him/

Unless he found a way to push White, Kent, and Olsen – the bootlicking twerp – into the line of fire.
Wouldn’t it be fun if Ralph got knocked into an oncoming subway by a homeless ex-con he just spurned?

Since Professor Daitch knew that Clark could contact Superman, maybe he would be willing to talk to him and tell him what he told Lois. If that didn’t work, surely Daitch would tell Superman.
Is Superman going to dangle Daitch off a roof, like he did with Dillinger?

One whiff and he knew that the motor was running and filling up the garage with carbon monoxide gases. Another more thorough scan told him that Daitch was passed out inside his car.
So, he knows Mrs. Cox, then?

It had been way too quiet at her apartment that she was beginning to think she could hear the surveillance equipment lurking within her walls.
So, she’s starting to develop superpowers thanks to the growing superfetus inside her? Say, how many months has it now been since Nightfall?

and hoped to work for again once her investigation was over and they found a new non-criminal publisher.
[img]http://tinyurl.com/ovloylq[/img]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Gotham Gazette had lowered their offer to under what Lois had been making at the Daily Planet, and still wanted her to work the city beat in Gotham. She hoped she was never that desperate.
So, Bruce still wants her as his bedbunny, now that he knows she’s available to employers?

Would he spit blood when her fist contacted with his jaw?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the FDK. smile1
/sad/ she really is forgetting that this story could makes things very bad for Clark.
Yes, but only if it gets reported.

Especially since Clark has never been told about it, so without telling the chief that CK=SM, it might be a bit hard to explain how he knows anything.
But being that Clark already admitted that Lois had told him a little about it (okay, while he was dressed as SM), and because Perry doesn't know WHO specifically Lois told, and since Clark knows that Lois knows he's SM, I'm not seeing the problem here.

Of course Lex knows about Clark's proposal.
Of course, WE know that, but how would Lois know that Lex knows? Because she saw his man Mitch in the park that day?

She really should have tried harder to make sure all her notes were secure before leaving.
LOIS: Clearly, there's no sanctity of one's desk anymore. /this, of course, assuming that her desk would have been left a shrine to her until she returned./

Sounds like he tried to back out of giving the help he promised.
Usually when people promise a 'favor' they aren't expecting it to be redeemed with a federally prosecuted crime, especially after one has JUST LEFT PRISON! So, yeah, that might've made Eugene Laderman a bit nervous to help out Lois.

So did Lois get any hands on connection with her partner while they were busting Carpenter?
You mean, did they hide under the desk together? Sadly, no.
CLARK: I did offer to take her to the ceiling with me, but she declined.
LOIS: Not at the Met Star publisher's office, Clark. Really!

At least, she knew the story would be safe in Clark’s hands.
JOHN: If only.
CLARK: Should I feel offended?
EW: I believe, Clark, that John meant 'if only' the story were in your hands.
CLARK: Right. Sorry. blush

They really should have made sure to lock them up safely when she stored out.
JIMMY: I thought they were blank! Why would she keep written in notebooks in her desk?
LOIS: Who would be stupid enough to search my desk?

She might let him have her body, but would she reveal the location of her story notes to him?
help

“Jimmy mentioned you. You’re the new research assistant Luthor hired, aren’t you? Welcome on-board!”
JOHN: I just love this line.
Clark is being sincere.

Another good guess. Although if he just wrote it might not make him qualified to run a newspaper.
'Write and edit' had been in first guess, but even 'write' is better than never have published before.

Go Clark, go.
CLARK: Why would I want to go to Fort Truman? I'm heading to England to find out who sabotaged Daitch's computer at EPRAD, much more important that some DOJ Press Conference.

I think that should be "always what they".
I really should prep these earlier than 11pm. wallbash Thanks. Fixed.

I think that should be "idea of how".
/hangs head in shame/ Thanks. Fixed.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thanks for hanging with me for the long haul. laugh
Not a love letter, apparently.
CLARK: /confused/ But Lois *loves* investigating stuff. I thought… /huh/
Why would she be expecting a love note from Clark delivered by Jimbo?

I thought the Chief Directive was never to get involved with people who are slower than you are?
KIRK: /huh/
SPOCK: /wonders if that applies to Uhura/
PICCARD: [thinks that would be considered politically incorrect]
RIKER: That’s the *Prime Directive*. And it doesn’t forbid you from helping out someone who’s not as great as you. It just tells you not to sleep with women from societies who don’t know about warp drives.
KIRK: But…but…if they *do* know about warp drives, they can come after you and demand alimony.
LOIS: Hello? I think we got off track here.
SUPERMAN: You’re telling me I’m not allowed to do Lois because I’m faster than her?
LOIS: Great, now you’ve done it. /mad/
KIRK: /running for his life/ See, I told you we shouldn't have come back into time. Earth women are the worst non-warp driving species imaginable!/tosses Spock a red shirt/
SPOCK: Sir, is there some reason that you've demoted me and left me with the irate female of your....
LOIS: [Linked Image]
KIRK: Sorry, Spock!

/shows Lois tomorrow’s headline/
LOIS: /so mad she explodes/
LOIS: Why? Why? Why? Would you ever let any of Ralph's writing end up on page 1?

CLARK: Oh no, I’m not touching that.
HENDERSON: I understand that feeling.

She barely had enough time to switch the note from Jonathan, the birth certificate, and packing slip to a fresh overnight envelope and drop it on Clark’s desk
ER: /passes out/
Forgot that I never showed you Lois's POV about the birth certificate story, did you? clap

So, Bruce still wants her as his bedbunny, now that he knows she’s available to employers?
Bruce owned the Gotham Gazette?
LOIS: Who told him I'm 'available to employers'?
CLARK: Well, I did air some personal problems with Batman... [Linked Image] How was I supposed to know that Batman knew Bruce Wayne?

Would he spit blood when her fist contacted with his jaw?
ER: /laugh/ Would he spit blood when her fist contacted with his jaw?
Hey, isn't that what I wrote?

Um…Lois. Lex does not think he ever needs any kind of permission when he deals with the females of his servant species.
LOIS: Then, before I leave him in a pile of goop, I'll teach him a thing or two about underestimating his enemy.
CLARK: Yeah, I've had this lesson, Luthor. You're in for a heap of fun.

So, he still wants her to work under him, then?
LEX: Duh.

RALPH: I bet she was on her knees with the boss before he put her in the editor chair.
EIC LANE: He's fired!

ER: [doesn't see good things in Perry's future]
Oh, dear.

No, I think the word she’s looking for is selling her booty for a shot at the big chair.
LOIS: Who are you calling a whore?

ER: [has an idea. How about a post-baby wedding?]
[Linked Image] No comment.

Umm…
LUCY: Really? No wonder she’s been so prickly all the time.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I think you are mistaken.

Application form:
Name: Mrs. Lois Luthor.
Previous occupation: Paramour.
LEX: *Previous?* Don't you mean 'current'?

Perry had left him a folded and taped note on his desk apologizing that his source had hit a wall.
ER: /guesses/ Cut breaks?
clap No. Meatloaf.
LOIS: mad

Couldn’t Superman put them to the question?
It was one of the things I didn't quite understand with Arrow's interrogation technique. Wouldn't people usually cop to the charge rather than get more arrows into them, even if they were innocent?
/Also, earlier 'Tommy' reference, means I made it to the end of S1 clap what a perfect picture!

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Virginia wrote:
They never mentioned a 'previous owner' of the DP, only a 'board of directors'. I always wondered how this public company went private again with the help of Luthor.
That's a good question. He must have bought controlling shares in the company. I'm not sure how that works, though, since that would mean that a majority of the shareholders would be wanting to sell at the same time. If he only buys what's available at any given moment, that should drive the price up pretty heavily for remaining shares, right? Then some remaining shareholders would be looking to sell because suddenly their shares are worth much more than they paid for them, and others would want to hold on to see how high the stock goes. Or something. I don't see him getting controlling shares all at once. He would probably have to buy them over a period of time.

Lois is still ridiculously delusional. She seems to think that she hasn't actually quit the DP and that she's just on hiatus. She quit. No one can "steal" her stories, since they're not her stories anymore. She has no claim on anything that anyone writes for the DP. Her notes are also likely DP property per her employment agreement. She should have no expectation that when she quits that she has rights to anything that she's been working on as a DP employee. Furthermore, information is information, and just because she knows about it, that doesn't mean that she has exclusive rights to disseminate it. I'm not saying that Ralph's not a sleezeball, but it's not outside of normal practice for an employee to pick up where an ex-employee left off. Though when she left, Perry should have taken what was in her desk and gone through it for anything useful and assigned it to other reporters. He was really remiss in leaving her stuff just sitting there in the storage room without at least going through it first.

Lois really seems to have no grip on reality. The further she goes into her mess of an "investigation", the more I think that she actually does belong in an asylum. She seems to think that the world revolves around her and that certain people should automatically know what she expects them to know and think what she expects them to think. She also seems to think that a method of investigation that has never yielded anything useful but has massive risks is worth pursuing regardless of its detriment to absolutely everyone. I realize that she puts no importance on her personal life relative to her career, so ruining her relationship with Clark is reasonable to her in pursuit of a story, but she's also damaging her reputation and career. Her justification in risking her career is that she's trying to save Clark, but even if she does succeed, he's not going to want to have anything to do with her by the time she's done. Nothing she's done since Nightfall, or maybe earlier, has had any positive effect on anything.

Furthermore, the more she interacts with Luthor, the more he has control over what she does and what she learns. She would have had a much easier time investigating him if she had stayed low on his radar and given him no reason to pay attention to her.

Finally, once she does get evidence of any sort on Luthor's wrongdoings, is anyone going to believe her, and will it be admissible in court? She just might be stepping on the toes of the police in there more effective, prosecutable case against him.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: Wow, I've really made you think. smile1

That's a good question. He must have bought controlling shares in the company. I'm not sure how that works, though, since that would mean that a majority of the shareholders would be wanting to sell at the same time. If he only buys what's available at any given moment, that should drive the price up pretty heavily for remaining shares, right? Then some remaining shareholders would be looking to sell because suddenly their shares are worth much more than they paid for them, and others would want to hold on to see how high the stock goes. Or something. I don't see him getting controlling shares all at once. He would probably have to buy them over a period of time.
Good point. I hope you don't mind but I shared your thoughts about this with the BatP/HoL Episode Discussion thread . I have a tendency to question little details, such as this one, the writers expected the audience take at face value.

Lois is still ridiculously delusional.
help

Lois really seems to have no grip on reality. The further she goes into her mess of an "investigation", the more I think that she actually does belong in an asylum. She seems to think that the world revolves around her and that certain people should automatically know what she expects them to know and think what she expects them to think. She also seems to think that a method of investigation that has never yielded anything useful but has massive risks is worth pursuing regardless of its detriment to absolutely everyone. I realize that she puts no importance on her personal life relative to her career, so ruining her relationship with Clark is reasonable to her in pursuit of a story, but she's also damaging her reputation and career. Her justification in risking her career is that she's trying to save Clark, but even if she does succeed, he's not going to want to have anything to do with her by the time she's done. Nothing she's done since Nightfall, or maybe earlier, has had any positive effect on anything.
So, you're saying that Lois is the type to admit that she's made a mistake, instead of stubbornly continuing to barrel down the wrong road until her car falls off a cliff or until she yields results, whichever comes first?

Furthermore, the more she interacts with Luthor, the more he has control over what she does and what she learns. She would have had a much easier time investigating him if she had stayed low on his radar and given him no reason to pay attention to her.
Yes, hindsight is usually 20/20.

Finally, once she does get evidence of any sort on Luthor's wrongdoings, is anyone going to believe her, and will it be admissible in court? She just might be stepping on the toes of the police in there more effective, prosecutable case against him.
HENDERSON: Tell me about it.

Thank you for your comments and continuing readership, despite wanting to bash in my characters' heads. Yes, Lois's life and investigation is spiraling out of her control. The more tightly she tries to hold on to that control, the more it slips through her fingers. That's on purpose. evil

LOIS: Say, what? mad

The name of this story arc is "Rotten Luck Happens in Threes". The rotten luck isn't all Clark's.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for hanging with me for the long haul.
Next part’s 150! wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Next part’s 150! party
Really? I thought it was Part 155... oh, right. FDK for Part # 149. My bad.

LOIS: Why? Why? Why? Would you ever let any of Ralph's writing end up on page 1?
ER: /channeling Perry/: Because he’s done sound research on the Nightfall-conspiracy. The whole virus-thingy-discovery alone notworthy
LOIS: Perry's so totally eating frogs.

EW: Forgot that I never showed you Lois's POV about the birth certificate story, did you? [Evil]
ER: [Admits to falling into EW's Bait and Switch plot]
It's how I keep things exciting. laugh

PERRY: Oh, sorry. But the 800lbs Gorilla had a previous gig scheduled.
GORILLA: I'm bunking with Kent until he unburdens his soul to Lois.
CLARK: [Embarrassed]
ER: Isn’t that going to start getting costly, what with all the bananas the gorilla is eating?
I'm sure there are wild bananas growing somewhere in the world still, right?

EW: Nightfall was at the end of February, we're about a week into April. Five, Six weeks.
ER: [Time for Lois to receive her Superman Greatest Fan award from the Superman Fan Club]
I never knew a calender break-down could be so exciting.

Stupid Copy&Paste did not work. Need a beta-reader for the FDK…
Still funny. laugh

LOIS: Then, before I leave him in a pile of goop, I'll teach him a thing or two about underestimating his enemy.
CLARK: Yeah, I've had this lesson, Luthor. You're in for a heap of fun.
MONKEY: She going to through her droppings at him?
CLARK: Nope, 800# Gorilla. She's going to drop him off a building.

LOIS: Who are you calling a whore?
ER: [If the glass shoe fits...]
LOIS: eek Cinderella!?! Wow, you're right from a certain point of view, she's a total whore. Interesting interpretation.
CLARK: Thus ends Fairy Tale Theatre, Lane style.

Perry had left him a folded and taped note on his desk apologizing that his source had hit a wall.
ER: /guesses/ Cut breaks?

[Clap] No. Meatloaf.
LOIS: [Mad]
ER: The meatloaf she’s made with Bobby?
That's the one.

EW: /Also, earlier 'Tommy' reference, means I made it to the end of S1 [Mecry] /
ER: Oh, right. Duh! You already started on Season 2?
It's not available on Netflix yet, since it's still airing (I think) or are they on-to S3 already?

EW: They never mentioned a 'previous owner' of the DP, only a 'board of directors'. I always wondered how this public company went private again with the help of Luthor.
ER: By buying all the stock.
Still think that would be something the Exchange Committee would frown upon.

EW: Could be job stress topped with relationship stress? Could also be all the lying?
LOIS: Chocolate deficiency. That's it! Fudge Castle it is!
ER: So she can blame the fudge for the extra weight on the bathroom scale and why her mini-skirts no longer fit?
LEX: Sounds like she needs to go on a diet. No more Fudge Castle for you, young lady.
LOIS: splat

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Really? I thought it was Part 155... oh, right. FDK for Part # 149. My bad.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
LOIS: Perry's so totally eating frogs.
ER: Either that, or he’s got a Chip on his shoulder.
dance She said that I'm right.
LOIS: Um... no, I didn't.
CLARK: dance She implied that I'm right.

ER: [Time for Lois to receive her Superman Greatest Fan award from the Superman Fan Club]
EW: I never knew a calender break-down could be so exciting.
ER: Oh, and look! I found a picture of the award:
/shows picture of thing with two blue lines/
LOIS: /much prefers her glass Kerth awards/
CAT: Oh, wait! I think that's mine.
LOIS: evil /Well, nobody else was doing it!/

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorilla_Grodd
[/url]GROD: I take offense at everything that you just said.
Oh great. There goes the planet…
[Linked Image]

CLARK: [Dance] She said that I'm right.
LOIS: Um... no, I didn't.
CLARK: [Dance] She implied that I'm right.
He appears to be very easy to please.
LOIS: /drops out of her undies/
CLARK: wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard