Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98141 11/23/13 01:16 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I leave for Canada next week. I'm hoping to get this story finished during the flight. I don't know how much internet access I'll have for the next month - not to mention that I'll be busy in the lead-up to my son's wedding.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this part.

Corrina.

#98142 11/23/13 02:55 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Clark was able x-ray Lioli? Hmmm... Either his powers were coming back the whole time and Clark was just suppressing them or there's stuff in the village to prevent them from returning. He might be able to explain away the hippo by saying it was an adrenaline rush (which it sounds like it might have been) but not his reassuring Lois that Lioli would be fine.

So he's going to tell her all? Good. Regardless of what happens next, this secret will no longer be between them.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#98143 11/23/13 10:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
NIce now we are getting somewhere.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#98144 11/23/13 10:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with Christina that Clark must have x-rayed Matty's daughter to discover the lack of broken bones. Other than the boys and Lois witnessing Clark and the hippo (and no, Clark, nobody is going to believe you could knock over a hippo on an adrenaline rush nudge. Sorry.), he was also witnessed super speeding through the jungle by Romaric.

Once again I'm guilty of putting western attitude onto the Bangala, as Romaric shows he's really a good guy. A village of all-trusting Clarks. It sounds like paradise. I could see why Lois wants to stay and Clark wants to leave. It's hard when you're usually the best guy out there, and suddenly, you aren't. Not that THIS Clark has ever felt as if he were the 'best guy' out there, or canon Clark would ever admit to being the 'best guy'. (Just joking, I know that's not why Clark feels the need to return to Metropolis.)

Clark examined his hand, not quite able to believe the snake hadn't connected. "Ah … thanks," he said.
Maybe he did. Did Kent check the ground for shattered snake fangs? No.

Yes. She has always worried that the run-away man would tell others what happened. She was worried they would come looking for me and take me away.
The third man. I knew she wasn't talking about Romaric.

Kent has certainly cemented Diddi's admiration for him. First he can fly (or close to it in Diddi's estimation), and now he's super fast and super strong. No way Diddi's ever going to let this guy go. He's such Lois's son, taking Clark hand to make sure that Clark can't run off. clap

And Clark had pushed one of them aside as if it had been a kitten.
Having a house full of kittens at the moment, I must say getting a hippo to move is much easier. If the kitten wants to climb up your arm and stick his nose in your ear and purr until your eyes cross, there's no way you're going to dissuade him, no matter how many times you set him on the floor. Just trust me on this.

That had been before she'd known he was a monster.
mecry Oh, no, Clark, don't believe that. A monster tells her husband she's pregnant with his child when she's not and then tells the press that her husband beat her when he didn't. A monster is someone who fills you full of green rock and drops you from a plane. A monster picks up a hippo and drops it on a little girl, instead of saving the girl. YOU are not a monster.

Eventually, a man had to stop running.

The gate swung open, and Clark entered the quarantine area to await his sentence.
So moving. I don't know about having Lois being your judge, jury, and executioner, but this Lois might do all right at the job.

Have a fun trip!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#98145 11/23/13 03:58 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 Clark's powers are coming back. Or maybe they just were there, and he needed to feel like using them.

So far no one has had a negative response to Clark. However I can see why with Lana being the only one he has ever opened up to he has major fear.

John Pack Lambert
#98146 11/24/13 07:21 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Have a good flight Corrina. I'm sure you will be very busy with the wedding, so we will wait patiently for the next part.
Great part. Maybe Clark will finally be able to face his fears. I hope so.

KateB
#98147 11/25/13 02:23 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
eek

Great part!!

Oh, Corrina, remember that there are free wifi spots all over the place. Lots of restaurants have it available for their customers (not that I want you to sit and post while on vacation, I'm just sayin' laugh )

Have a safe and happy time in Canada and California!!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#98148 11/26/13 07:40 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
LOL, Kismatt. I'm currently using free wi-fi at LAX. Two more flights to go!!

I'm also able to charge my computer, so I can continue writing. smile

#98149 11/29/13 10:54 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Corrina,

First, congratulations for your son's wedding! I'm sure you must be quite happy and excited!
Second, thank you for having posting so soon this part.
And third ; ) if despite all the things you have to do, you succeed to finish the next part, don't hesitate, send it, I'm waiting and I'm sure not the only one eager to know how Clark will handle the situation.

Have a great time in Canada,
Hannah.

#98150 11/29/13 11:38 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was awesome! I can see why Lois has been terrified of that loose end. I love how Romaric treats it so matter-of-factly.

Not only did Clark push aside a hippo, he also beat Romaric on his home turf by at least a minute.

And I love how he realizes that he needs to stop running. Something tells me he's going to be surprised. smile

#98151 12/04/13 08:40 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aaaaah! His powers are back! And everybody saw him.... Humm... I'm pretty sure that bangala people won't reject him, neither Lois of course!!!

Definitely agree with Kissmatt! Please! Find some Starbucks!! Or some other place with free WiFi!!!

Enjoy your vacations and the wedding smile1

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#98152 01/01/14 11:52 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm ready for this charming tale to reappear. I tend to agree with others that Clark has been suppressing - or at least not using - his powers, probably because of his shattered heart. Now that he knows he has them back again, will he sit in mid-air for Lois to prove that he can fly? (I doubt he wants to reveal that aspect of himself to everyone right now.) Or will he take a knife and show her that his skin is impenetrable? Will he light a fire just by looking?

And now that he knows Lois' huge secret, how will she deal with that? How will she approach him now? Maybe she'll be ashamed of her snap response and ask his forgiveness. Maybe she'll be angry that he kept that side of himself from her. Maybe she'll ask him if he can take care of the boar that's been roaming around outside the village.

And will they join forces, go back to Metropolis, and take Tempus down so hard he'll bounce into next week? Will they agree to separate forever because Lois can't leave her life with the Bangala? Or will Clark decide he can't leave Lois and stay with the tribe?

Or will Tempus somehow hear about the white woman healer and the strong white man living with the Bangala and come to visit with malice aforethought?

So many questions yet to be resolved. Hurry, Corrina! Get back home from your son's wedding (which I'm sure was wonderful) and let us know what happens next! Because all the best stories, according to Sam Gamgee, leave us wanting to know what happens next.

And he's right.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#98153 01/11/14 10:59 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So hanging out for another instalment of this story! smile

#98154 01/18/14 07:45 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Hope everything's ok and you're just having too much fun to finish this, but here's hoping you come back soon!

#98155 01/20/14 01:38 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks so much for the fdk and prompts. I had a wonderful time; the wedding was an incredibly special day.

When I got home, I decided I didn't want to post any more parts of this story until it was finished so there would be no further long breaks. I am currently working on the final chapter. I will finish writing it, send it off to the BRs, do a final edit, and then begin posting again. And this time, you should get a new part every few days.

Thanks again for your patience.

Corrina. wave

#98156 01/20/14 02:48 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good news all around!

#98157 01/20/14 07:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great news Corrina! smile1

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#98158 01/20/14 10:42 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, eager to read the continuation of your story! : )

#98159 01/20/14 01:30 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow, I really have missed a lot. Congratulations! clap

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#98160 01/20/14 02:52 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
[Linked Image]

Welcome back, Corrina!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard