Next Thread
Print Thread
#98124 11/22/13 02:36 PM
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Please post any comments for A Recipe for Trouble here. I hope you enjoyed the story! smile

Ultra Lucille
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Quite entertaining.

Finally, a new take on the 'Lois can't cook' theme that runs through so many fics.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was hilarious! It gives us an idea of some of the duties Perry has besides watching over our favorite duo!

Hmmm one wonders why M. Bouchard would have a subscription to his former newspaper.

Still this story has all the earmarks of 'more to come'

Any possibility of that happening? wink

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for a good laugh!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by KenJ:
Quite entertaining.

Finally, a new take on the 'Lois can't cook' theme that runs through so many fics.
It's not just the stories though, Lois in the series herself states she can't in "Chip off the old Clark" in season three and it was a running issue in "Ghosts" from season four (culminating in her being ABLE to cook only breakfast after the ghost leaves her body for good.)

I do wonder if she experimented with her heat vision when she had Clark's powers. She might have been sighing over that if she knew how to work that right. Remember Clark with his over-easy eggs? I'm betting that was one of the exercises he did with her (I get the feeling that it was one Martha had him do to learn to control it.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee hee! I guess Perry got tired of having his threats taken for granted, and decided to show Lois once and for all that she can't cross the line! smile

U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Thank you for leaving feedback!

KenJ:

I just thought it would be fun to explore why on Earth Perry would have threatened Lois with writing for the Food Section of the newspaper (of all things) in Fly Hard.

Morgana:

Hmmm one wonders why M. Bouchard would have a subscription to his former newspaper.
I thought M. Bouchard was just the French Chef Lois asks for cooking lessons in Ghosts! What other episode is he in? I totally missed it!

Still this story has all the earmarks of 'more to come'

Any possibility of that happening? wink
Umm…not at the moment. I *do* have an idea for Perry sending Lois on a dog-show-esque story as punishment (where of course Lois comes back with a Pulitzer-worthy story, naturally), but that idea is still in its embryonic stages.

Annie:

Thanks for a good laugh!
Glad you enjoyed it!

Christina:

It's not just the stories though, Lois in the series herself states she can't in "Chip off the old Clark" in season three and it was a running issue in "Ghosts" from season four (culminating in her being ABLE to cook only breakfast after the ghost leaves her body for good.)
You know, I actually personally think that Lois cooked the London Broil to perfection in 'Ghosts.' The quickest way to get me to lose my appetite is to show me some still-pink meat! Ah, the perils of taking microbiology while I was still young and tender…(and a wee bit pink in the middle myself!)

I do wonder if she experimented with her heat vision when she had Clark's powers. She might have been sighing over that if she knew how to work that right. Remember Clark with his over-easy eggs? I'm betting that was one of the exercises he did with her (I get the feeling that it was one Martha had him do to learn to control it.)
You're right; that would be a great way to help navigate the powers! No wonder Clark is such a great cook!

IolantheAlias:

Hee hee! I guess Perry got tired of having his threats taken for granted, and decided to show Lois once and for all that she can't cross the line! smile
Yup! Now the question is, can it EVER work?

Ultra Lucille
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, all. wave Yes, I still exist! wink

Cute fic! I think Lois getting relegated to ANYTHING other than investigative journalism would have disastrous consequences.... would be interesting to see what would happen if she got stuck writing Cat's column (and what if Clark had to work with Cat?!) or working with Carl, in Travel...

Plot bunnies hopping everywhere! Perhaps there could be a sequel? laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
mozartmaid: Thanks for the feedback!

I think Lois getting relegated to ANYTHING other than investigative journalism would have disastrous consequences....
So true. So very, very true.

would be interesting to see what would happen if she got stuck writing Cat's column (and what if Clark had to work with Cat?!) or working with Carl, in Travel...
rotflol Yup! I can totally see it!

Plot bunnies hopping everywhere! Perhaps there could be a sequel?
Hopefully someday. Right now, all of the bunnies in my head keep hopping out of their pens and frolicking off (by leaps and bounds, one might say wink ) in *completely* unexpected directions!

Ultra Lucille
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lucille!

How on Earth had she done it? He would never have guessed that any reporter -- even one so talented -- could have such an effect on the newspaper’s readership in less than a week.
So, Lois’s first week as an investigative reporter?

According to this report, circulation was down by over 10% compared to last week.
Wait what?

The reason was almost universally the paper’s new food columnist.
/scratches head/

transferred Lois Lane from the Planet’s city section to its food section,
smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Michael: Thanks for the comments!

How on Earth had she done it? He would never have guessed that any reporter -- even one so talented -- could have such an effect on the newspaper’s readership in less than a week.
So, Lois’s first week as an investigative reporter?
LOIS: Ah, now THAT would have been a story. Perry had no idea what hit him! wink

According to this report, circulation was down by over 10% compared to last week.
Wait what?
laugh

He would just have to come up with a more intimidating ultimatum.
Have her marry Clark?
lol Oh yeah. We all know how well that kept her out of trouble!

Ultra Lucille
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

A number of writers in this fandom have given the infamous Claude the last name of Bouchard. So when I read that I immediately thought you were aware of it. Totally forgot about the "Ghosts" episode. huh I have only seen that one once.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Oh! Whoops! blush Thanks for letting me know! I had totally forgotten that in some stories, Claude has the last name 'Bouchard.'

Ultra Lucille
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Maybe as page-3 girl?

Uh huh. If Perry gave Lois a page 3 story, she'd just find a way to turn it into a page one expose! /points at article on fruit fly spraying in Pheromone, My Lovely/
/points at Wikipedia: Page 3 /

[Lol] Oh yeah. We all know how well that kept her out of trouble!
Perry wouldn’t know that beforehand.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Originally Posted by Darth Michael:

/points at Wikipedia: Page 3/
Oh my goodness! Shows my ignorance (and hey, ignorance is bliss!)--I've never read a tabloid in my life! Lois would be proud. Then again, I've never read the Daily Planet either, so that probably takes away all of my brownie points. frown

Hmm. I think that Lois' union rep would have something to say about Lois being a page-3 girl. mad Assuming, of course, that Perry is still alive after making that threat.

Ultra Lucille
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard