Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98106 11/19/13 08:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Well, I've bumped up my posting schedule by another day because I've increased my cushion to 7 parts. dance It's good to have a larger cushion heading into the holidays. laugh

Comments appreciated and eaten with hot fudge sauce.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/03/14 12:59 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Wow, I misread that. At first I thought you were eating the comments with hot dog sauce. Like sauce made out of hot dogs, not sauce for hot dogs. Hot fudge sounds much yummier.

I'm glad to see Lois standing up to Lex and calling him on some of his BS, even if she's being somewhat subtle about it.

I wonder about Bobby's motives. He must have some reason to believe that Lois is worth warning. Why is he interested in giving Lois information to begin with? I can understand him becoming her informant if she realized that he knows stuff and approaches him with food or whatever in exchange for information. It's less clear why he is interested in seeking her out. Even if he's not following her, as he said, and happened to bump into her at random in front of the NY Times, he's still pretty adamant that she listen to him. He doesn't say anything to suggest that he thinks she is anything other than Lex's latest conquest, but maybe he has some intel or some hope that she is actually trying to work against him.

I enjoyed seeing Clark's thought process as he tried to figure out what Cat meant when she questioned Lois's motives. I also liked that he questioned whether he is actually interested in this Lois or just infatuated with the idea of the relationship the other Lois had with her Clark. He's going to need to have that fully reasoned out if he ever gets around to telling Lois about the whole alternate universe thing. I suppose he could leave out the part that cannon Lois played, but that would be difficult to do without leaving holes in his story.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
she was okay with what he ordered or she would have changed it.
Or does she just tell herself this to avoid feeling like a total pushover?

Lois took a sip of her water and, knowing that this topic would be brought up, merely said, “Too bad.”
smile1 you tell him Lois.

Lex paused, focused his attention on her, and waited for her to explain herself.

She refused to cater to his whim and, therefore, ignored his change in attitude.
smile1 someone is finally putting the arrogant jerk know as Lex Luthor in his place.

Not any more dangerous than being embedded with the U.S. Army.”
smile1 we get a mention of how she got her first Kerth Award.

“Perhaps we can compromise,”
Why should they compromise. Any compromise will involve Lex controlling more of her life. She is not I nsisting he not go to unsafe places. It is an unequal bargain, and he has no invulnerability to justify it.

Lex set his hand over hers. “No, darling. One word and you’d never need to work another day in your life.”
Showing just how much Lex does not understand Lois.

“Then my answer is ‘no’,” Lois said, pulling her hand out from under his.
party party she said no to Lex.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I go exploring. I dig and dig and dig until I unearth something shiny and then I share it with the world,” Lois replied, taking a bite of her bread. “It’s very fulfilling.”
Hopefully Luthor does not suspect too much from Lois's threat.

he asked, leaning towards her and running his hand down her arm.
Gag.

Was that the allure? That he had paid for her and yet never had been able to possess her? Lois had some front-page news for him. He never would.
clap dance

She looked up from her salad, almost feeling sorry for the creep. Did he truly not know what it took to have a woman love him without paying for her?
He probably really had no clue.

A part of her knew that she wouldn’t see Superman, but it didn’t stop her from looking. She had seen him fly overhead heading north just after she had stepped out of the cab ten minutes before.
dance Lois saw Clark.

“Okay,” he continued. “So, are you saying that you’re low in funds because you’re unemployed? Everyone knows that you’ve been warming Luthor’s sheets…”
dance all the children were saved.

Lois had demonstrated this subconscious fear of becoming broke on occasion. She checked payphones, vending machines, and under his couch cushions for left change, not to mention being stingy with tips.
None of these are a sign of loving wealth and opulence.

John Pack Lambert
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
blush I know, I know...it's been awhile...

“I don’t want you going to the Fifth Street Mission anymore, Lois,” Lex said after the waiter departed to place their order.
Yeah, that’ll stop her.

Lois took a sip of her water and, knowing that this topic would be brought up, merely said, “Too bad.”
laugh
He sputtered in a most un-Lex like manner. “You’ve been arrested before?”
How did he manage to miss that?

An agreeing smile uncurled upon Lex’s lips. “Is that so?” He leaned towards her and whispered, “Me, too.”
Ooh…maybe she should have kept that to herself…
Stop trying to buy me, Lex. I’m not for sale
Uh oh, he make take that as a challenge Lois!
“Just say the word, and you’ll have a guaranteed job for life with me. I always need someone with your fire and expertise,” he insisted.
She didn’t get the job at LNN, what are you going to, buy the Daily Planet?
“I didn’t know you even were interviewing with LNN, my dear,” Lex replied.
Suuure you didn’t
“I like that you like me for me.”
HA!
This is Dave Robertson, News Director at LNN, and I apologize for not calling you sooner.” He sniffled and coughed. “I’ve been home with a terrible cold.” He sounded like he should still be at home. “Apparently, in the confusion my assistant forgot to contact you.
That’s suspicious…
“If you want to walk into a job interview where you’ll probably be ambushed into answering why they should hire you being that you’re the mole who allowed Lex Luthor to acquire the Daily Planet, that’s your business. No skin off my nose.”
I take it back! I take it back! Don’t buy the Planet!!
“Then why did he just sign the papers to buy it after lunch today?”
frown
Lex had proposed as well, but Lois hadn’t rejected him. Why? Had Luthor’s prosposal been more romantic?
*bangs head against wall*

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: Thanks for reading. I'm glad I got you thinking.
MRS. M: Wow, I misread that. At first I thought you were eating the comments with hot dog sauce. Like sauce made out of hot dogs, not sauce for hot dogs. Hot fudge sounds much yummier.
drool I'll take me some chocolate ice cream.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I have no idea why that makes me blush every time she says that.

I'm glad to see Lois standing up to Lex and calling him on some of his BS, even if she's being somewhat subtle about it.
Probably isn't good if she's too blatant about it.

I wonder about Bobby's motives. He must have some reason to believe that Lois is worth warning. Why is he interested in giving Lois information to begin with? I can understand him becoming her informant if she realized that he knows stuff and approaches him with food or whatever in exchange for information. It's less clear why he is interested in seeking her out. Even if he's not following her, as he said, and happened to bump into her at random in front of the NY Times, he's still pretty adamant that she listen to him. He doesn't say anything to suggest that he thinks she is anything other than Lex's latest conquest, but maybe he has some intel or some hope that she is actually trying to work against him.
Well, they met and talked a few times at the Fifth Street Mission. When he saw her outside of the NY Times offices, he realized what would probably happen and thought he'd warn her, common courtesy thing. Plus, she intrigues him. He hears one thing about her, and then something completely different. He's trying to figure her out, in order to get his facts straight (at least in his mind). He likes to know the truth, but with Lois, he doesn't know what that truth is.
CLARK: Join the club.

I enjoyed seeing Clark's thought process as he tried to figure out what Cat meant when she questioned Lois's motives. I also liked that he questioned whether he is actually interested in this Lois or just infatuated with the idea of the relationship the other Lois had with her Clark. He's going to need to have that fully reasoned out if he ever gets around to telling Lois about the whole alternate universe thing. I suppose he could leave out the part that cannon Lois played, but that would be difficult to do without leaving holes in his story.
Yes, that's one of things he needs to figure out, and why he really proposed too soon.
CLARK: Really? Again. Anyone else out there who hasn't bashed me over the head about this?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: wave
she was okay with what he ordered or she would have changed it.
JOHN: Or does she just tell herself this to avoid feeling like a total pushover?
She's picking her battles.

someone is finally putting the arrogant jerk know as Lex Luthor in his place.
LEX: I don't know whether to kiss her or kill her.
LOIS: Neither, please.

Why should they compromise. Any compromise will involve Lex controlling more of her life. She is not insisting he not go to unsafe places. It is an unequal bargain, and he has no invulnerability to justify it.
She realizes this. Lex say 'compromise' but he means 'change Lois's stance so she does what he wants'.

JOHN: /throws 'no' party/ she said no to Lex.
And you think Lex believed her... Why?

“I go exploring. I dig and dig and dig until I unearth something shiny and then I share it with the world,” Lois replied, taking a bite of her bread. “It’s very fulfilling.”
JOHN: Hopefully Luthor does not suspect too much from Lois's threat.
Actually, Lois wanted him to know exactly what she was saying. She said, 'if I don't have something else to investigate, I'll end up investigating you'. It implies she isn't already and it also warns Lex not to piss her off. It does show her hand a bit, but it also tells him that she's not going to roll over easily.

He probably really had no clue.
Lex hasn't taken the time to get to know the female of his species to understand them more than what it takes to have conquest over them.

Everyone knows that you’ve been warming Luthor’s sheets…”
JOHN: I am surprised he would say such a thing.
Yeah, that was kind of crass, but he was poking her with a stick to see what her reaction would be. Sometimes you learn more from a reaction than from words.

Lois had demonstrated this subconscious fear of becoming broke on occasion. She checked payphones, vending machines, and under his couch cushions for left change, not to mention being stingy with tips.
JOHN: None of these are a sign of loving wealth and opulence.
No, but they could show an underlying fear (even if it is an irrational or subconscious fear) of becoming broke and penniless, which could explain her attraction to the billionaire. Yes, Clark is grasping at straws.

Thanks for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
X Phile: Wow! smile1 Bolt of out the blue!
I know, I know...it's been awhile...
Glad to see that you're still reading. Lurkers always welcome. laugh

“I don’t want you going to the Fifth Street Mission anymore, Lois,” Lex said after the waiter departed to place their order.
X: Yeah, that’ll stop her.
wave

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Despite being annoyed by how he had ordered, she was okay with what he ordered or she would have changed it.
LEX: see, told you I’d teach her to compromise.

ELLEN: eek

Not any more dangerous than sitting here with you. “Actually, Lex, visiting Suicide Slum is a bit droll.”
clap

Lois shrugged. “I am an investigative reporter, Lex. I often have to bend rules to get what I want.”

An agreeing smile uncurled upon Lex’s lips. “Is that so?” He leaned towards her and whispered, “Me, too.”

She wanted to ask ‘how?’ but didn’t like that expression on his face.
Awww..aren’t they adorable in their mating dance?

From what she could see of them, she was already tempted to yell “Octopus” and dive out the window.
clap

She sighed. Either subtlety was lost on all men
huh What does she mean by ‘all men’?
CLARK: huh When has she ever been subtle?

I don’t want priceless artifacts or pieces of art. I don’t want you to give me anything,” she said. Although, I will take your Kryptonite.
AKA a priceless artifact.

“I am only interested in your mind. I want to take it apart and see what makes you tick.” Literally, and preferably with heat vision.
I don’t think her urges are entirely healthy.
CLARK: Or legal.
LOIS: Let’s go storm chasing?
CLARK: jawdrop You want to have a threesome with Ororo ?

“Lex, I enjoy our friendship. Why ruin it with marriage?”
CLARK: Funny, she said the same thing to me.

His smile turned genuine as if he enjoyed her turning him down, as if this were a game.
LEX: :rolleyes:

“I, on the other hand, would like to get to know you better.”

“Again, Lex. We have such a delightful time now. Why ruin it with marriage?” she repeated.
LEX: We don’t need an arch bishop for that.

Not that she needed marriage to ruin a relationship as she discovered earlier this week.
It’s her superpower? – her parents. Her sister. Her sister’s boyfriends. Her Brazilian loverboy from highschool. Linda. Paul. Claude. Mitchell. Clark. Perry.

Lois took a bite of her salad and couldn’t stop herself from moaning. “Then again, to eat like this every day…” She bounced her eyebrows at him with laughter, hoping he understood that she was joking.
LEX: Score!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex continued to smile at her. She knew she was wonderful, but what was it about her that allured Lex? All she ever did was tell him ‘no’.
[Linked Image]

“I could buy you a chocolate factory,” he suggested.

“You’re right. I’d be deliriously happy owning a chocolate factory, but then you wouldn’t want to marry me,” she said, laughing. “Because I wouldn’t fit through your front door.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: I apologize for the delay in responding. It was a long noisy weekend. I'm happy for the quiet of another school day. laugh
So, picking her battles is considered 'compromising'?

Although, in Suicide Slum, someone might still care if one were to carry Lois off into a dark alley to consummate. (There’s an nfic where Clark drags Lois into a dark alley to consummate). In the restaurant, the staff would not care if Lex invited her into his private room for some dessert.
They're paid not to care. wink Wait. Clark had to DRAG Lois off to an alley to consummate? Did she have amnesia or something and he was trying to reverse psychology her brains back?

Does this mean she’s also going to [help Lex find himself] and [give him what he truly deserves] and [teach him her favorite taekwondoe move] and finally [let Clark teach him about being a handy man]?
Perhaps those are all included in the Lois Investigation special?

Awww..aren’t they adorable in their mating dance?
LOIS: No. No. No. *This* has nothing to do with mating.
LEX: Adorable, isn't she?

Umm…there’s an extra punctuation mark in there…
Possibly. blush Recovering Comma Slut... I guess it's like alcoholism, once a comma slut, always a comma slut. Thanks. Fixed.

Plus, shouldn’t she be grateful that she’s able to turn on at least one guy in Metropolis?
RALPH: Ahm…?
LOIS: ER said ‘guy’ not eunuch.
RALPH: [Decides not to fight Lois on her definition due to what happened last time]
LOIS: There's only one man in Metropolis I want to turn on.
CLARK: Well, that counts me out, because I'm always 'on'.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

I don’t think that’s very diplomatic of her.
ELLEN: She’s always had a flare for the dramatic, ever since she announced that she’d just raise her child at Sam’s if I was so against her keeping the brat that that Brazilian exchange student put in her belly during junior prom.
You mean, since Sam wasn't likely to notice? So, what happened to the kid?

What does she mean by ‘all men’?
LOIS: All men of my acquaintance. Well, except for Ralph.
RALPH: hyper Lois thinks I'm a man!

CLARK: /huh/ When has she ever been subtle?
/pssst./ Notes. Information about her investigation. Her entire life since finding out Clark's secret.

AKA a priceless artifact.
Technically, I feel that Kryptonite would fall under priceless gem rather than artifact, since usually 'artifact' means made by man.

I don’t think her urges are entirely healthy.
LOIS: Gee, Michael, can't a girl fantasize.

LOIS: Let’s go storm chasing?
CLARK: /jawdrop/ You want to have a threesome with Ororo?
LOIS: We'll discuss it after you take me to see the lightning show.
afterwards...
CLARK: So....
UW: No. Excuse me, I have a long standing date with Lex's brain.

“Lex, I enjoy our friendship. Why ruin it with marriage?”
CLARK: Funny, she said the same thing to me.
CAT: Told you.

LEX: We don’t need an arch bishop for that.
LOIS: Don't need an arch bishop for what?
LEX: To consummate our relationship.
LOIS: But... but... /thinks 'octopus'/ I'm saving myself for marriage. That way I know that the man isn't just pretending to be interested in me for my body.
LEX: Arch bishop it is then. /sighs/ Why are all the women I'm truly interested in such sticklers for this detail?
MRS. COX: hyper It's not just me!

It’s her superpower? – her parents. Her sister. Her sister’s boyfriends. Her Brazilian loverboy from highschool. Linda. Paul. Claude. Mitchell. Clark. Perry.
Yep. Anger and ruining relationships.
LOIS: Gee, aren't I a lucky duck?

The path to a woman's heart is through keeping her out of the kitchen.

LEX: Duh! Diamonds.
LOIS: He doesn't listen, does he? Not diamonds. I like green stones.
LEX: Emeralds?
LOIS: :rolleyes:

LOIS: [thinking about a man with horns]
LOIS: I have no idea to what you could be referring, Lex.

He didn’t actually say that he thought that it was important.
No, he didn't.

She’s certainly gotten used to living in the Big Brother house.
She's in too big of a rush to be modest.

Maybe Lex just told him to make up an excuse? Or maybe, someone had made him sick and then had Patty disappear Lois’s job application as the new weather girl in the late night show?
Those are good possibilities.

New tail?
Nah. He's been following her for a while. Just joking. wink

Everyone knows that you’ve been warming Luthor’s sheets…”
ER: [thinks that Bobby is about to end up handcuffed and shot in Hob's Bay]
So, too blunt, huh?

Yes, but what lesson can he take away from seeing his heart in Lois’s had after she’s pulled it out via his throat? Or from the heel that’s still lodged in there between his 3rd and 4th rib?
Hmmmm. So, you think I should tone it down?

LEX: What did *I* do? It’s not *my* fault she didn’t get the job.
ROBERTSON: So, this note saying, 'don't hire Lois Lane until I say so' wasn't from Mr. Luthor?
MRS. COX: [Linked Image]

Had Luthor’s prosposal been more romantic?
LOIS: /can't believe he thought either proposal was romantic/
Well, Lois, at least he has a nice body.

Maybe she’s just a really big slut?
CLARK: According to Cat, she isn't. And Cat would know.
CAT: Hey!
CLARK: Because you're the queen of gossip.
CAT: Oh. Right. laugh

Maybe she’s just a neat freak and since she’s also an investigative reporter…?
clap

Or maybe he’s getting green-slipped.
Green-slipped?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooops. Double post. blush

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I apologize for the delay in responding. It was a long noisy weekend. I'm happy for the quiet of another school day.
There there.

quote: LEX: see, told you I’d teach her to compromise.

So, picking her battles is considered 'compromising'?
From his POV, it is. After all, he’s never going to see her actually take up battle.

Wait. Clark had to DRAG Lois off to an alley to consummate?
Yes. I think he applied suction to her mouth.

Did she have amnesia or something and he was trying to reverse psychology her brains back?
[Linked Image]

quote:Does this mean she’s also going to [help Lex find himself] and [give him what he truly deserves] and [teach him her favorite taekwondoe move] and finally [let Clark teach him about being a handy man]?

Perhaps those are all included in the Lois Investigation special?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:

EW: So, picking her battles is considered 'compromising'?

ER: From his POV, it is. After all, he’s never going to see her actually take up battle.
Because the ax would fall before he felt it?

EW: Wait. Clark had to DRAG Lois off to an alley to consummate?
ER: Yes. I think he applied suction to her mouth.
Right. He cheated.

EW: You mean, since Sam wasn't likely to notice? So, what happened to the kid?
ER: Details? Maybe Sam sold him to a fledgling millionaire from Gotham to raise as a ward. You really focus on the kid instead of the Brazillian exchange student, same age as Lois (a year younger than Clark)?
A Robin with better skills than Batman. That WOULD be funny. Oh, wait, he's powerless. Never mind that thought, but I have to say, still a funny premise.

No, idea was that since her subtly is lost on Clark, he has no idea that she’s ever been subtle so he doesn’t get it
[Linked Image]

ER: I don’t think her urges are entirely healthy.

LOIS: Gee, Michael, can't a girl fantasize.
ER: Only about Clark. And then it should be over yonder.
LOIS: /in a husky tone/ Oh, so you want details about my Clark fantasies?
CLARK: wave
LOIS: [Linked Image]
CLARK: thud
/wait. Isn't that exactly what happened during his birthday dinner? Before she proposed the ruse?/

He just never seemed so…crass from what I remember from the show…Hmm…actually LnC is going to come up in a couple of months on my old-shows rotation, I think. Unless I look up some other as yet unwatched show to fill the TV-hiatus times…
Yeah, it was a bit crass. I'll have to think of a way Bobby could say basically the same thing and where Lois wouldn't slug him.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because the ax would fall before he felt it?
Oooh! She’s going to stab him in the back! That’s naughty!

A Robin with better skills than Batman. That WOULD be funny.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
EW: A Robin with better skills than Batman. That WOULD be funny. /If Clark had been Batman's Robin/
ER: Because he’s got both morals and lockpicking skills? Plus, knows how to put two and two together to get three? On the downside, he’d never be able to pick out the Joker in a likeup of clowns.
CLARK: Hey! I take offense to that. I don’t look like a clown.
Because their bone structure is all the same under their "masks"?

LOIS: /in a husky tone/ Oh, so you want details about my Clark fantasies?
ER: /please/
Patience.
LOIS: Patience? I'm really starting to hate her.

EW: /wait. Isn't that exactly what happened during his birthday dinner? Before she proposed the ruse?/
ER: /scratches head/ That was sometime last year, wasn’t it?
Our time, yes. In the story, February 28th.

Oh boy. Good luck with that. /peep/ I guess Bobby congratulating her and Lex on their baby (which he notices due to her eating habits) won’t work, huh?
Probably not, because even a non-pregnant Lois is known for stealing his food.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because their bone structure is all the same under their "masks"?
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard