Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Feedback here please...

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
It was small, but cute; light yellow siding with a red brick fascia around the covered porch, white shudders and white trim around the windows.
I think you mean shutters, not shudders.

“It was fine. I had to finish prepping for my interview this afternoon, and then at about 10:30 I was sent to cover a Superman rescue.”

“Really?” He got a puzzled look on his face. “I didn’t see you there?”

“You were there?” she asked, surprised that she hadn’t seen him.
Didn't Lois see him at a shooting, not the fire? We're not getting into clone troubles, are we? I wonder at what point they're going to realize that they weren't talking about the same Superman save? Hmmm... I wonder what's going on.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We are getting deeper into this mystery...

Lois awoke the next day feeling more rested then she had in days. The talk with Superman had gone a long way in putting to rest her fear of losing Clark. She knew Clark had tried repeatedly to convince her that she shouldn’t worry, but it was Superman’s reassurance that finally penetrated her subconscious. As a result, Linda King was delightfully absent in her dreams.
Oh dear, it looks like Lois is putting more stock in Superman's thoughts than in Clark's. After all he's her partner!

“Well, I stayed late and ran some preliminary tests last night, a basic blood test or a biopsy test depending on the sample. They don’t take very long. There’s not much, but I can tell you that all the samples are from relatively healthy males. I can send copies of the preliminary blood work and pathology reports when I’m done, which should be sometime this evening.”
These are the preliminary results which always make me wonder what the in-depth results will reveal.

“I started havin’ this weird skin problem near the end of the season. I didn’t think much of it at the time but by Christmas, it had gotten much worse. A month later, I was diagnosed with a rapidly progressing rare autoimmune disorder. He called it Scleroderma. I’d never heard of it, but it fit the symptoms.”
This is a scary disease. Hopefully the good doctor's treatment did not bring it on. You writing of this scene was excellent: Lois did a good job of handling the interview without crying. I couldn't have done it....

“So, it sounds like we have a busy night ahead of us?”

“I hope your schedule’s free.”

Clark flashed his megawatt smile. “For you, it is.”

“Good. Let’s finish up dinner, and then get to work.”
Good to see they patched up their differences and are now ready to get down to work. LOL! Clark is always ready to spend time with his favorite burnette!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am surprised that Lois and Clark manage to talk around each other in a way that they do not realize they are not talking about the same Superman rescue.

I guess I should have realized that this was Vat Man earlier, but Vat Man sneaking into "The Rival" is as unexpected as Luthor being there, so it did surprise me.

I am now thinking Gage's condition was brought on by the doctor.

Clark better step up the investigation of Carpenter soon or the Secretary Wallace will die.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good story, horrible disease. Scleroderma is very serious and not to be taken lightly. If the doctor's treatment is causing this, he's in for a major malpractice charge for experimentation. My heart went into my shoes when I read that. Basically the victim turns to stone, inside and out.
Hope the story has a happy outcome and the doctor stops treatment before Gage is affected totally.
Next chapter soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
mrsMxyzptlk : Thanks for the correction.
Didn't Lois see him at a shooting, not the fire? We're not getting into clone troubles, are we?
We may be getting into clone troubles. Only time will tell.

Morgana :
These are the preliminary results which always make me wonder what the in-depth results will reveal.
The full results will take a little while to get to. Be prepared for a little trek into micro biology.

John :
I guess I should have realized that this was Vat Man earlier, but Vat Man sneaking into "The Rival" is as unexpected as Luthor being there, so it did surprise me.
I'm glad it was a surprise.

Artemis : Scleroderma is the only autoimmune disease I really know anything about. I watched my aunt slowly die from it for almost 20 years. She described the pain as rolling in broken glass every time she moved. She was a very strong stubborn woman who kept a positive attitude through most of it though. It was only the last 5 years where she couldn't push it aside and live how she wanted to. Let's just hope that these kids in the story don't have to go through that.

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi chickberry:
So you really know about it and the consequences. There still is no cure and no known cause. Research is going on, however. There is a great research center at Stanford University in California. I'm part of a group of women that raises money for research into causes and cures. The actor Jason Alexander's sister is one of the victims and he gave us a heartrending description of what she lives through. Unfortunately the victims can live a long time, which is really more cruel than dying of it.
Thanks for bringing it to more attention. I thought I would explain it here to heighten the tragedy of what the kids in your story could be living through.
Good story, anxious for more.
regards
Artemis
P.S. I'm up for some micro biology.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard