L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Once again MLT hits it out of the ballpark! notworthy

It was an interesting development on the whole 'waiting for marriage' dilemma crossed with another psycho ex-boyfriend. Cross that again with a magician and Superman being susceptible to magic spells and you've got a bone-chiller of a thriller.

Patrick always gave me the creeps. It probably had lots to do with the fact that his 'love' for Lois was more about his obsession with power, than for Lois herself. How is that love? That, my friend, is the line that changes magical power into evil power.

I don't have time to full get into my thoughts on this story now. But it was a good read! I enjoyed it. Now, only a thousand more MLT stories to go! laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Overall, this was a really entertaining story. It was definitely as spooky as promised! Patrick was a great antagonist since his magic obviously gave him a leg up against Superman.

I liked the way ML Thompson weaved all of the different people who tried to kill Lois over the years into the story. There sure were a lot of them! lol

I felt sorry for Lois being stuck wearing a Princess Leia costume at the party, though I must admit that it was a little humorous at the same time. Clark in the Zorro costume was appropriate, and it also reminded me of the fact that the Clark on "Smallville" once dressed as Zorro during a Halloween episode.

U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
This was really fun! I think I read it before a couple of years ago, but I really enjoyed 'rediscovering' it! Thanks for suggesting it, Lois_Lane_Fan!!

I agree, Patrick made a really great (and creepy) bad guy in this. There were times when you could almost sorta kinda sympathize with him, in his twisted kind of way. I do like villains that have *some* redeeming qualities -- and he did prevent his father from killing Lois at the end!

Speaking of the end, it was great that Jennifer (who was so integral in helping Lois and Clark combat Patrick's spells through their love) turned out to be a druid priestess. I also liked how ML Thompson used the fertility ceremony story to make it possible for Lois and Clark to have children, despite Dr. Klein's pronouncement to the contrary. hyper

Finally, this line really hit my funny bone.

"That's because you don't have to watch it every day," Jimmy said. "Lip lock in the conference room. Lip lock when the elevator doors open. Lip lock when they realize there's no paper in the copy machine."
I really loved it because it's so true! (and yet so wonderful) love

Ultra Lucille

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard