Print Thread
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Yvonne!!! clap

That was hilarious. Every time you (er, sorry, Mary Sue) had some thought/dialogue-that-you-didn't-say about ravishing you (er, Mary Sue), I just about died. And the talking buzzer and door... <giggle>

I love how y-Mary Sue recognizes that he's in love with Lois right away. And still wants to be ravished. :p

I love it!

MORE!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, heavens. clap clap

Yvonne, this was hilarious!!!! I'm still coughing up coffee from laughing so hard.

The title is absolutely perfect - this truly is The Ultimate Mary Sue. I'm not sure what my favorite part is cause there are so many...

There was this:
He'd changed. Black jeans. White t-shirt. Chest. Lots of chest. Also biceps. Dark brown eyes. Glasses. Yup, still lots of chest...don’t go down any further...
and then when she starts to ramble - ROTFL.

And...
I couldn't resist. When he came back and closed up his apartment, I said - ever so casually, of course, "I hate ironing, don't you? Those modern fabrics are the worst - you know, materials like spandex where you have to keep the heat low and everything puckers up when you try to draw the iron across."
So true!!

And I'm so glad...
Okay, red alert, red alert! You’re letting him get away! Stop him! You’re not finished with him yet!
Because he hasn't ravished her yet.

Oh, I love this. Thank you - for every inch of angst you gave us in Addicted, you've recovered with a laugh.

Lynn

BTW - can you add a roomate - um, her name is uhh...Lynn-ette. Yeah Lynette. That's it. And she uh...came late because, um...the movers lost her stuff...

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

I just about died when I saw the title alone. This was insanely funny.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
laugh laugh rotflol

Julia

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess this was well-written from a certain point of view. Some of these stories should have warning labels on them, labeling them "chick fics". smile Guys be forewarned that this fic is chock full of gawking at male chests and so forth and so on, something we simply can't understand. Now maybe if it was some other intrepid, Kerth-winning reporter we may be able to particip...er...appreciate it better. <g>

I, never being one to interfere with or to offer suggestions to someone else's Mary Sue story, wonder if I should hold out hope that Clark's wife/girlfriend/best friend may walk in on him ravishing Mary Sue and her roommates, making her available for others.

Of course, I would never write a Mary Sue/Gary Stu story myself, preferring to keep my fantas...er...private story ideas to myself, but I do hear that Lex may be available for Lois. wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Kerth
Kerth
LOL!!! laugh

Jose laugh

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That’s great, I just can’t stop laughing. Love it. rotflol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my, Yvonne, this story is a scream!!! I just had to pick a few quotes of the lines that made me laugh the most, but I had to hold back from including every single line in this post. laugh Just imagining you with Minnie's ears, Yvonne! That'd be... cute. /me ducks and runs quickly.

Hey, said the door. Why didn't you buzz him? Clark Kent is just the other side of this beautiful piece of finely-grained wood and you didn't even buzz the buzzer? What kind of fan are you? Don't you want to meet the guy who opens this gorgeous door every single day? Grasps this shiny, high-quality door-knob, inserts his key into this state-of-the-art lock? Leaves his fingerprints on this tasteful paintwork?

The door seemed to have a very high opinion of itself.
ROTFLMAO! All right, I'm laughing, but I probably wouldn't be able to listen to the door if Clark Kent was on the other side. Actually I think I'd have been petrified and stayed in my apartment instead of coming up to the door in question. Heck, I might have talked to my own door. The *inside* side of it. [g]

Oh, boy. How did you fix the lives of two popular twentieth century icons?
Ask good old HG Wells! He would know. wink

“Looks like we’re all done here. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

“Well, there is this insane desire I have to be held in your arms and possibly be ravished by you. You could help me with that.”
rotflol Now the question is whether you will tell him by the end of the fic. wink

Okay, red alert, red alert! You’re letting him get away! Stop him! You’re not finished with him yet!
Exactly! And also red alert because you're not finished with the fic and the post stops here even though I've been trying to scroll down like crazy, at the risk of driving the keyboard nuts! eek

MORE!!!!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yvonne, you're really trying to kill me. This was completely hilarious! Can't wait for the second part!

But reading this at work isn't such a good idea. I was lucky few people were around, but have you ever tried explaining you're laughing because you're reading a fic in which the author is meeting Clark Kent, you know, that guy who's also Superman? And saying the messages from the press agency are funny doesn't really work too. wink

But I had fun, so I don't care what my collegues think. I just want more so I can laugh more! And enjoy a nicely written story, of course.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wait just a second while I wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes...

There, much better. That was wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had that surreal feel of a dream, where Clark is both a television character and a very real next-door neighbor. I fell on the floor laughing as "Mary Sue" wracks her brain to try to figure out just where in the show this is.

Don’t want him thinking I’m some sort of sooth-sayer in a few weeks’ time.
And I was ROTFL as she works out how she is going to explain to Clark why switching the bedroom and the living makes perfect sense.

Well, because if I had guests sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room, then they were conveniently close to the bathroom, of course! While, at the same time, I’d be able to fetch my breakfast without disturbing them.
But I think my favorite was part this:

Clark would get shot, he’d pretend he was dead, and Lois would be devastated. Then she’d find it almost impossible to forgive him for putting her through all that when he finally admitted to her that he was Superman.

Well, if you were to believe all the fanfic I’d ever read, that would be the case. She hadn’t seemed the slightest bit bothered by the issue in the TV show.
Thank you for writing this, and thank Wendy and KathyB for reassuring you that this was most definitely worth finishing and posting!! thumbsup

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Vicki said it first, but I absolutely loved her very sound reasoning for switching the bed room and living areas.

So wonderfully clever and definitely the other side of the Y.Connell coin.

Heads, it's angst to the point of torture. Tails, it's hilarious to the point of...hey, I'm sensing a theme.

Part 2?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm not really sure, but I think I detected a subtle subtext playing through this cute little fic. It may just be my imagination but I couldn't help but get the impression that our narrator/lead character had some 'activity' which she wished to share with Clark running through her mind from time to time.

Call me crazy but I think Mary Sue might just be a tad bit attracted to Clark.

Tank (who says since Roger decided to foolishly take the high road he will voluteer to take Lois off Clark's hands so 'Mary Sue' can be ravished by Clark)

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Call me crazy but I think Mary Sue might just be a tad bit attracted to Clark.
Why would you think so, Tank? I think you're exaggerating.

laugh

Great story, Yvonne! Hysterically LOLly. rotflol rotflol

Post the next part soon.
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome!! thumbsup

Hysterical!! laugh

MORE PLEASE! notworthy

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Just a thought. Wasn't Clark's place a ground floor apartment?

Tank (who wonders what Mary Sue's apartment looked like if Clark's place was above hers?)

Top Banana
Top Banana
[Before I say anything else, let me say that I'm extremely tired, having spent all day rehearsing and taking part in two concerts. If my comments make no sense, that's my excuse wink ]

Okay, going in reverse order - tell me, do all men on these boards think that Clark lived on the ground floor??? Roger said the same on IRC, Tank, yet it's never, ever occurred to me that he lived anywhere but on the top of his apartment block. He has a balcony, for heaven's sake! laugh

But that was clever of you to pick up on my subtle sub-text regarding Mary Sue's attraction to Clark, Tank. I knew someone would spot that, no matter how hard I tried to conceal it. wink

CC, they do say that pain and pleasure are very closely related. wink

LOL, Saskia! It's always dangerous to read fanfic at work, in my experience. Either you get totally absorbed and forget to do any real work, or you make a fool of yourself by laughing out loud and then having to explain things to the (very) uninitiated.

Kaethel, I think I'd rather you imagined me as a sex goddess than as Minnie Mouse...but only marginally <g>. And ask Wells? Not on your life - I wouldn't do that to my favourite two characters!

Roger, you could always pretend that you're Clark Kent and Mary Sue is...well, the woman of your choice. <g>

Lynn, you nearly had me considering a sequel with your suggestion for a roommate, but as you know, I don't do sequels. wink Barb also gave me food for thought - should I undress him? Hmmm...

Thank you all for picking out your favourite parts. What's really great is that you chose a wide variety of sections that tickled your particular funny bone - some of them bits that I'd thought might be funny just to me. smile

Yvonne

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
First off I'll say that's it's not really important. They story is funny and that's all that really matters. But since my memory was challenged... (and yes I know that I'm getting older and the memory has had habit of failing me more and more).

In several episodes we see characters coming up the couple steps to Clark's front door, and then entering directly into his apartment. When Lois bursts in during Neverending Battle while Clark is talking with his new prospective landlord we can see the outside directly behind her. Also later in that same episode when the landlord comes over to bring Clark his extra keys there is a scene out on the exterior front stoop where Clark, leaving, passes the man by on his way out to the street. The landlord calls after him, then trys the key and is able to look directly down into the apartment while still standing on the exterior steps.

Also, in Top Copy, Diana and Rolf see Superman changing back into Clark by looking through his window from their hiding place in the shrubbery outside the building.

I realize that in All Shook Up we saw Clark get pushed off his balcony by Martha, so I guess the only conclusion we can come to is that, like Lois' changing apartment number, the particulars of the apartment changed to suit the storyline.

So, to suit this particular storyline, Clark has an upper floor apartment. But for me I always have retained the image of a direct walk up apartment.

Tank (who found it amusing that the writers and producers of the show had such trouble with the continuity of such things)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard