Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Sorry for the delay, this one needed more tweaking than I thought it would. I hope you all enjoy smile

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
This is more commentary on the episode than your story, but I doubt that Clark's stint at the Star wouldn't have legal repercussions. He's probably violating his DP contract if he hasn't actually quit, and he would probably be violating a non-disclosure or non-competition agreement with the Star by leaking information from them to the DP. Clark is probably opening himself up to a lawsuit with this undercover stunt. I'm not sure whether Perry would be in a tenuous position, since he's colluding with Clark.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
“Lois? Well, she and I haven’t been getting along all that well lately. She seems to be obsessed over some feud between her and Linda and it’s becoming very difficult to work with her because of it. She’s constantly anxious, on the verge of some embarrassing outburst, continually criticizing my work. Even last night, after I walked Linda to the train station, she blew up at me and stormed off.”
This seems pretty unprofessional of him. I expected Clark to make vague references to his "problems" with Lois, not complain about her. In general, criticizing previous employers and coworkers is considered a big no-no in job interviews. I think it works here because of Carpenter's and Linda's dislike of Lois, and Clark is using that to his advantage.

Now, Linda, I have you scheduled to cover the Orani Jewels presentation for this afternoon.
I hope there's not a cat fight.

“Well, we were trying to put on a show the other night to help insure that Clark could get a job at the Star and we both said some things to each other.”
That's "ensure", not "insure".

I really enjoyed the Superman/Lois banter at the end. If he's not careful, though, she's going to want his phone number so she can get a hold of him as easily as Clark does. wink

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm enjoying the story, especially the Lex and Lois and Linda and Clark at the same event.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
grumble this is one of the Lex free season 1 episodes, we aren't supposed to see Lex in it.

OK, I did like it. I just wish there had been more Lois and Clark dialogue in this part.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK. Everyone on the boards knows I love Lex! What a dreamboat. I have no problem with him being in this episode. The very fact that he offered to have Preston Carpenter removed from the event shows how much power the man had. (Sigh...)

<Morgana shakes herself and remembers where she is and starts writing again.>

Anyhow, this was a good part, but I'm anxious to know what's happening with the athletes.

Love the conversation between Lois and Superman on the roof of the Doctor's office. Talk about mixing business with pleasure! rotflol

Bring on the next part.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I keep on waiting for Lois to find out that CK=SM. That should cause some interesting fireworks.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting story. It is a nice mixed up to have both Carpenter and Luthor in the same town! Nice talk between Superman and Lois - Clark will heard of Lois for sending Supes chamging the tape.
Eager to read the next parts!! : )

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard