Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Feedback here please hyper

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked this story. I like it better when Clark plans his defection with Lois. Still, I am surprised they mentioned it to Jimmy out in the open. I am also surprised that Lois let Clark get in the jeep after that fight.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I like Clark's plan much better when he lets Lois in on it!

I also liked how Lois jumped when Clark put his hand on her thigh. That was a bold move for him. smile I wonder about the aftermath of their argument, though. What they each said reflects the way they feel, even if they exaggerated it for show. Now they'll both wonder how much of the argument was fake and how much the other person is actually mad at them. Hopefully they can get the job done at the doctor's office before they think too much about the argument and get upset and end up in a real argument.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here we go, another 'normal' day at the Daily Planet!

After sending Jimmy on his scavenger hunt, Clark went to Perry’s office to check in and notify him of Jimmy’s whereabouts. He was disappointed when Perry told him that Lois had been assigned to cover the Mayor’s press conference on ‘what the city is doing about corruption in specific police precincts’, and that she would be gone most of the morning. Clark returned to his desk to resume his research on Dr. Goldberg. So far, he had struck out on finding a path to follow.
Clark, don't worry Lois has to work without you sometimes. It keeps life (and work) interesting.

“True, well, I’m definitely better than you at it.”

You don’t normally question my quick thinking, he thought.
What was that little comment all about?

She was right, it did still bother him. The Globe hadn’t answered all the questions he had. It had helped, but in some ways, it just led to more questions that would remain unanswered.
This is interesting, but if it doesn't have anything to do with the story, why start down that path? Perhaps Lois might be upset if/when she finds out the whole truth about Clark? Right now, he's leading her on a wild goose chase which reporters - ESPECIALLY Investigative reporters hate. Talk about wasting time!

He walked back around to the parking lot and surveyed the area. It was full of cars, but vacant of people, so he quickly headed to the Jeep and jumped in. Lois backed out of the space and darted out onto the street, heading towards Dr. Goldberg’s office for what was hopefully going to be a long, but successful, night.
What? No comment from Lois? jawdrop Normally she would have something to say about the 'discussion' they just had at the Press Club. Next part should be great!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like the comment from Mrs Mxy about each will be wondering how much was true in the argument.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard