Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#97350 09/19/13 08:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Oh, Look! It's a bird! A plane! No, an Evil Writer has finally made time jump forward a week in time within one part (and without a time machine or HG Wells)! peep My apologies on the slow pace of this story. This might happen on occasion for the foreseeable future.

Comments welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/03/14 01:32 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Lex entered wearing immaculate silk pajamas and a robe set. ... Lois was a bit surprised to see him up and about, even if still in his pajamas.
Is his arm in a sling? I'd expect that at the least. And it's not just the damage to his shoulder that would give him problems; it's also the blood loss. I feel woozy enough after giving blood, and that is without the system-wide shock and localized trauma.

She paused, wondering how Lex knew what was in the liquid Clark had her pour over his wounds. She had thought that Lex was passed out during that time. How had he recalled Clark’s rushed instructions about the tannin mixture?
He's messing up. Sooner or later this will come back to bite him, I hope, but it's still not enough by itself to lead to the idea of a clone.

The reason Lex hadn’t needed surgery was because Clark had already completed it.
I can see why Lois might think this, but it doesn't really make sense. If Lex needed surgery, it would likely be to stitch things back together, not just cauterize the wound to stop the bleeding.

Lois sure is telling him a lot about the investigation, which doesn't seem wise, but I guess it's all bound to become public knowledge soon, anyway.

I do apologize for not contacting you about my condition this morning, but I was resting on doctor’s orders.
Sure. And you had no one you could have asked to call her with an update.

What kind of medicine did his doctors have him on? Miranda’s Revenge?
Second-hand exposure?

On the other hand, perhaps Lois was going about this investigation in the wrong manner.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I like Lois's reasoning on why cozying up to Lex is useless. Now if she will actually extricate herself from dating him, then maybe she can actually do her job and investigate him properly. I hope she doesn't decide that she can continue dating him and end up at the alter not seeing any way out. That gets a bit tiresome, especially when she knows he's dirty.

The one problem with that approach would be that she wouldn’t be in control of the Kryptonite once government agents seized his assets.
This seems like the only solid argument for her investigating him herself. If she plays her cards right, though, she might be able to work with Henderson and get the kryptonite secured. I'm sure they wouldn't give it to her, but it would probably end up at S.T.A.R. Labs instead of in the main evidence lockup where apparently any villain can walk in and waltz out with evidence.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Would Henderson give it to her even if she changed her statement to tell him that it was hers after all, especially when the watch was part of his investigation of someone attempting to murder Clark?
If she changes her statement, would that be perjury? Or at least revealing that she perjured herself the first time around?

“I’m not friends with you for the benefits.”
Lois, you're an idiot.

So Lois has her watch back. Are there any bugs in it? She needs to have Superman scan it for her. Leave the bug in her apartment, then go to the roof and call for him. Tell him that Lex gave her her missing watch back, but since she knows he's dirty, she's afraid it might be bugged, so will he please scan it for anything unusual? Then he flies in her window and takes a look. This not only gets the watch thoroughly scanned without dismantling it, it also lets Clark know why she's acting like such a tool.

It made her feel slimy and dirty. That, sometimes, was the price one paid to get the scoop.
I understand that she needs to work hard for her scoops, but she shouldn't sacrifice her morals or her self-respect to do so.

she’d have the peace of mind of knowing that Cat or Clark could have her location traced should she ever disappear.
That only works if she tells Clark that the watch has a tracker in it!

the mayor’s speech from this morning press conference about hidden Nazis and the bombs found in Metropolis over the weekend.
Can they arrest the mayor for inciting a riot for this? I imagine that the city would go nuts to find out they'd been sitting in a couple of nukes and that there was no guarantee that there weren't more around.

Red is for love. Orange is for passion.
All these flower colors only mean anything if everyone knows what they're supposed to mean. There are so many social "conventions" and "rules" that are obscure and only exist because Ms. Manners' grandmother wrote them in a book fifty years ago and wedding planners and the like need to justify their existence. I'm more of the mindset that you should choose flowers based on what you think the receiver would like.

Sorry. I think I'm in a ranting mood at the moment.

Everyone knows that, Lois. It’s common knowledge. Red for love, yellow for friendship, orange for desire, and white is for purity.
Is this really common knowledge? And in what circles? I've only ever heard that yellow roses are for friendship in that one episode and in L&C fics.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Thankfully, Fuentes admitted that his bomb was only a ruse. Clark only hoped the man was telling the truth.
How can they believe him? But if they keep looking anyway, how long should they keep at it before they decide he's telling the truth? I suppose they would also look into possible ways that Fuentes could have obtained a nuke, and if it's sufficiently unreasonable then there's a good reason to believe him.

Clark went himself to cover Superman’s actions around the country, on his own dime. Perry had told him to ‘screw the expenses’ and that he would find a way to cover Clark’s costs.
This could become problematic, but I guess Perry could find a way to smooth it over without letting Clark know that he knows. I imagine that Clark's travel costs are nonexistent if he's going "on his own dime", so he would have no receipts to give Perry to be reimbursed. Perry needs to offer for show, though.

‘A woman should never have to call a man, unless it’s an emergency,’ she would say. ‘If he doesn’t call, he clearly isn’t interested enough to care.’
What a whiny !@#$.

Something is happening in one of my investigations that I need your input on, urgently.
Is she actually going to tell him about her Luthor investigation? I hope so.

He had promised her that he would talk to her this week, although he never said it would be over a squid dinner.
Could she mean "octopus"?

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He's messing up. Sooner or later this will come back to bite him, I hope, but it's still not enough by itself to lead to the idea of a clone.
For what it is worth, Lex being more aware of what happened then he seemed to be would not lead to a conclusion of "Lex was not there". It might lead to a thought of "Lex had this taped". Actually, most likely it leads Lois to think "Lex has the DP bugged", but doesn't she already know that?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
‘Upstairs?’ Lois thought, glancing down to the living room where the White Orchid Ball had taken place and where she usually met Lex before following Nigel. This would be new territory.
Her undercover operation is finally paying off.

Lois felt like pulling her hand free and slapping his face for rubbing her nose in his positive medical forecast, but she refrained herself.
dance she still rates Superman #1.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lex let go of her hands and stood up. “No, it’s true, Lois. Kent seems to have this unreasonable hostility towards me.
What is unreasonable about it, the other guy has tried to kill him multiple times. Tries to steal his girl friend. What has he to not be hostile about?

I don’t know why. I have nothing but respect for him, especially now.
Which he shows by speaking ill of the other man.

“No,” he interrupted, setting his hand on her shoulder. “You deserved to be thanked properly, and no one can do that as well as I can. Say you’ll come.”
Lois:No, Clark is much better at thanking.

It was just dinner,
Famous last words.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
On the other hand, perhaps Lois was going about this investigation in the wrong manner.
I have to agree with that assessment.

That line had made him smile. If he had only known she was friends with him to bring him down for trying to kill Clark, she was sure the smile wouldn’t have been as big or smug.
But if he knew what she wanted, he would have no fear, because he could be on full guard.

In the end, she decided to keep it for one reason only… well, two reasons. Firstly, it was the only physical evidence she had that tied Lex directly to the person who was spying on her.
So she does have evidence against him.

Actually, he hadn’t spent any time with her in person.
frown

She would angry as hell at him, but she would understand his absences.
It think that should be "would be angry." peep that I missed it before.

would that be hombre y amiga, being that I’m a woman?
If she wants equivalency it needs to be hombre y mujer.

About all I can say in the messages is that I hope Clark saved them so that he can listen to them again and maybe catch some important details he missed the first time.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by John Lambert:
For what it is worth, Lex being more aware of what happened then he seemed to be would not lead to a conclusion of "Lex was not there". It might lead to a thought of "Lex had this taped". Actually, most likely it leads Lois to think "Lex has the DP bugged", but doesn't she already know that?
I agree, but it's just one more instance of Lex acting inconsistently to signal that something's off.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
If she changes her statement, would that be perjury? Or at least revealing that she perjured herself the first time around?
Perjury only applies under oath. Since Henderson did not swear her to an oath, she can't be guilty of perjury. Obstruction of justice maybe, but not perjury. But I doubt he would want to press charges, and if Lois can be at all key in bringing down Luthor, neither will the DA office, unless Drake gets too close to the case.

That only works if she tells Clark that the watch has a tracker in it!
Lois is assuming Cat will tell Clark if she disappears. I know, assumptions are bad, but she hopes this one works.

Can they arrest the mayor for inciting a riot for this? I imagine that the city would go nuts to find out they'd been sitting in a couple of nukes and that there was no guarantee that there weren't more around.
The first amendment, applied to the states through the 14th, makes inciting a riot a hard charge. A government official detailing the results of an important investigation will not result in an arrest. Even if a riot does result.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois was finally able to reach Mrs. Cox on the phone later that morning.
Why would she want to do that? Isn’t that right up there with touching Ralph?

Lex’s personal assistant
[Linked Image] I think that should read ‘mistress’…

told her that Mr. Luthor was recovering nicely from his ordeal at home in his penthouse
Taking in lots of fluids to recover from the night of sex with Ari? Good thing Lois will never be this eager and willing or Lex would have himself an unholy Trifecta of mistresses.

and that she would let him know that Lois had called.
Sometime later…
LEX: Mrs. Cox, Ms. Lane said that she called after I had been shot.
Mrs. Cox: Sir, I am afraid Ms. Lane is showing more and more signs of delusional behavior.

True, he had shot her, and she hadn’t shot him, but he had been at the Daily Planet because of her.
So, some flowers dusted with an assortment of bio-agents ranging from diarrhea to hemorrhagic fevers?

Additionally, a bouquet of ‘get well soon’ flowers was one way to get her foot in his door.
Nah, he’d also accept if she sent him her underwear and a note that she’s currently outside, no longer wearing any.

Not red for desire or love or paid for sex,
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: A super long FDK! evil

Thank you for your comments and continued readership, despite the lunkheaded beliefs of my characters.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Oh, boy! More FDK. hyper
JOHN: For what it is worth, Lex being more aware of what happened then he seemed to be would not lead to a conclusion of "Lex was not there". It might lead to a thought of "Lex had this taped". Actually, most likely it leads Lois to think "Lex has the DP bugged", but doesn't she already know that?
She already assumes that her desk is bugged again.

Her undercover operation is finally paying off.
CLARK: eek How is heading into Lex's private quarters "paying off"?

party she wants to slap Luthor.
Okay. I added that one in for you. laugh

Fortunantely nothing, since the one who was shot still has a bleeding shoulder.
LEEK: So, my frog DNA antiserum isn't going to work? clap

But if he knew what she wanted, he would have no fear, because he could be on full guard.
LOIS: Yeah. Okay. You got me there.

So she does have evidence against him.
LEX: I have no idea how that tracer got into the watch. Miss Lane must have planted it there to incriminate me.
MAYSON: Sadly, Ms. Lane, Mr. Luthor has a point. You've had means and opportunity to tamper with the watch. It won't count as evidence.
LOIS: But... but... I've written proof from STAR Labs that the day he gave me the watch, it had the tracer.
MAYSON: And you didn't have the opportunity between he gave you the watch and arriving at STAR Labs to have one of your associates plant the tracer in the watch. Did you not hand over the information on how to track the watch to your co-worker Ms. Grant?

It think that should be "would be angry."
Fixed. Thanks.

would that be hombre y amiga, being that I’m a woman?
JOHN: If she wants equivalency it needs to be hombre y mujer.
Yes, but that would be accurate. I'm implying that even though Spanish was Lois's language in school, it's been long enough ago that she doesn't have Clark's ability for languages, even in this one.

About all I can say in the messages is that I hope Clark saved them so that he can listen to them again and maybe catch some important details he missed the first time.
CLARK: But my tape was almost full!

Perjury only applies under oath. Since Henderson did not swear her to an oath, she can't be guilty of perjury. Obstruction of justice maybe, but not perjury. But I doubt he would want to press charges, and if Lois can be at all key in bringing down Luthor, neither will the DA office, unless Drake gets too close to the case.
HENDERSON: Also, as a member of the press, Ms. Lane is constantly obstructing justice.
LOIS: Hey! I've closed more cases this year than you!

Lois is assuming Cat will tell Clark if she disappears. I know, assumptions are bad, but she hopes this one works.
Well, as long as Cat isn't distracted by... Oh, Hi Phil!

The first amendment, applied to the states through the 14th, makes inciting a riot a hard charge. A government official detailing the results of an important investigation will not result in an arrest. Even if a riot does result.
Anyway, the DP has already reported on the findings of Superman, so this isn't exactly "new" information he's imparting to the masses. More of him acknowledging that there's an ongoing investigation.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
How is this different than canon Lois cozying up with Stoke in WoS?
Well, she does not pretend to get engaged to Stoke, or to be dating him long term. Clark does seem to think she really has lost it when he meets her at the Stoke Club, but he wisely does not try to force her out.

I guess the main difference is the time involved.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Would Lois be able to investigate him properly without being on the inside?
Well, it doesn't seem like "being on the inside" has gotten her much so far. I think she would be much more effective if she wasn't spending her time and effort cozying up to Lex.

I understand that she needs to work hard for her scoops, but she shouldn't sacrifice her morals or her self-respect to do so.
It's similar, but she wasn't carrying on a very public and extended relationship with Stoke. She just made doe eyes at him for an hour or two, and she actually got good information out of it. Maybe she should have felt gross afterward. Lois needs to decide just where to draw the line. What is she willing to do to get a story? Dress up like a tart? Flirt with a criminal? Date a criminal? Get engaged to one? Sleep with one? At what point is she being a dedicated journalist, and at what point is she being a slut, like she accused Linda of?

So, the mayor shouldn't have told the general public about this? Since it was already reported in the DP, he isn't disclosing the information for the first time.
I wasn't being serious about the mayor being in legal trouble; I was trying to make a point about the people's likely reaction. Obviously I failed to communicate properly. :p

Thank you for your comments and continued readership, despite the lunkheaded beliefs of my characters.
Thank you for your continued authorship, despite my not always commenting. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: I'm less than a month behind. hyper /looks at calender, hurries to finish today's FDK response/

Lois was finally able to reach Mrs. Cox on the phone later that morning.
ER: Why would she want to do that? Isn’t that right up there with touching Ralph?
Technically...
LOIS: Yes.
EW: No, what I meant to say was that no matter how much Lois may dislike Mrs. Cox, she's still Lex's assistant and if he's in a medical facility somewhere, and nobody is answering Lex's home/private line, she may be the only way for Lois to find Lex.
LOIS: :rolleyes: Whatever. I still agree with Michael that it's up there with touching Ralph.

I think that should read ‘mistress’…
LOIS: Potato. Tomato.

Taking in lots of fluids to recover from the night of sex with Ari? Good thing Lois will never be this eager and willing or Lex would have himself an unholy Trifecta of mistresses.
LEX: [Linked Image] Foursome!
ARI: That's not what he said.
LEX: Foursome!
Dr. M: Mr. Luthor, you can't handle a foursome.
LOIS: Better make it just a threesome because I'm not coming.

Sometime later…
LEX: Mrs. Cox, Ms. Lane said that she called after I had been shot.
Mrs. Cox: Sir, I am afraid Ms. Lane is showing more and more signs of delusional behavior.
Yes, that sounds about accurate.

So, some flowers dusted with an assortment of bio-agents ranging from diarrhea to hemorrhagic fevers?
CLARK: hyper
SUPERMAN: /returns with neck to ankles flannel nightgown with matching PJ bottoms/

CARLOS: I’d recommend some more pre-marital counseling for those two. The groom clearly isn’t ready for a committed relationship.
But Clark and Lana have broken up.

although he never said it would be over a squid dinner.
ER: [thinks it means that Clark will get a clue][then remembers this is Clark] Nice one.
Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, she does not pretend to get engaged to Stoke, or to be dating him long term. Clark does seem to think she really has lost it when he meets her at the Stoke Club, but he wisely does not try to force her out.

I guess the main difference is the time involved.
Well, also, Stoke isn't as big a baddie as Lex is.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Well, it doesn't seem like "being on the inside" has gotten her much so far. I think she would be much more effective if she wasn't spending her time and effort cozying up to Lex.
[Linked Image]

It's similar, but she wasn't carrying on a very public and extended relationship with Stoke. She just made doe eyes at him for an hour or two, and she actually got good information out of it. Maybe she should have felt gross afterward. Lois needs to decide just where to draw the line. What is she willing to do to get a story? Dress up like a tart? Flirt with a criminal? Date a criminal? Get engaged to one? Sleep with one? At what point is she being a dedicated journalist, and at what point is she being a slut, like she accused Linda of?
Yes, those are all things Lois will have to think about.

I wasn't being serious about the mayor being in legal trouble; I was trying to make a point about the people's likely reaction. Obviously I failed to communicate properly. :p
laugh Yeah, my sarcasm doesn't always translate through the lines too.

Thank you for your continued authorship, despite my not always commenting.
I appreciate any and all comments. They just make inspire me to work faster and...
LOIS: Yes, work faster. Get me out of this mess!
EW: You want out? My bad.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm less than a month behind. [Hyper] /looks at calender, hurries to finish today's FDK response/
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
LEX: - Foursome!
ARI: That's not what he said.
LEX: Foursome!
Dr. M: Mr. Luthor, you can't handle a foursome.
LOIS: Better make it just a threesome because I'm not coming.

LEX: Umm…Lois, that’s not a stipulation. Besides, I have a medical attest that I can satisfy a woman.
Dr. M: I attested that he’s biologically able to father children.
LEX: See? I can transform women into happy mothers.
LOIS: [No, please, don't make me look!]
Dr. LEIT: I can blind you. For a small fee if you like.

ER: Yes, but this time, Lex needs time to prepare himself. You know, get all bondaged up and stuff.

LEX: Don't be ridiculous. I don't get dressed up. She does.
ER: Oops, funny how little bondage and bandage differ.
Did you mean the latter? Because the former was funnier. laugh

ER: He died and went to Heaven?

EW: Well, that's just screwed up.
ER: Lex getting into Heaven?
St. Peter: What? He paid the fine.
GOD: [Linked Image]

ER: She could have gotten him Ricinus-filled chocolates instead?

LOIS: I don't want him dead, just in a lot of pain and the center of my pulitzer prize winning series of articles about the Fall of LexCorp.
ER: Ricinus not Ricin. When consumed, it tastes bitter and causes prolonged sessions in an isolated room that only fitted with cameras when you name is Lois Lane.
CLARK: Soooooo, her bedroom?

MRS. COX: He has *other* people for that. I work the other side. Thank you very much.
LEX: No, thank *you* very much. /except I can't ever picture Lex saying that/
ER: ’thank you’?
Yes. 'Thank You'.
LEX: Isn't a large bill 'thank you' enough?

LOIS: Who do you think I am? Linda King?
ER: At least she got a date with Clark?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: *I* went on a date with Clark, too... um... Right. He took me out for my birthday. Date. /fist pump/

ER: Funny thing with their relationship on people trying to worm their way in…

EW: They usually get bitten in half when someone eats the apple?
ER: /Sees 'apple' reads... something else/
Well, that would be really bad if it had worms. eek

LEX: No, I’m not so sure. /nixes ‘suicide’ from his to-do list/

EW: Why would he want to do that? He's at the top of his game.
ER: Don’t criminals always plan on this contingency? Or is it just that their last-ditch effort to avoid jail time usually is not very well thought out?
LEX: Plan on loosing? Ha! Never! Okay, I *may* have a panic button if the police come with warrants which wipes the hard drive of my computer and sets fire to my filing cabinet, and I may have to distract them so they don't know I'm doing that... but why would I kill myself?

The true reason why the crooks flee Metropolis right before Valentine’s Day.
LOIS: Gee, Lex, another pile of blood corpses for Valentine's Day. How lovely.

SUPERMAN: Lois, you're going to catch your death of cold in that outfit. Here let me cover you up.
LOIS: [Hyper]
SUPERMAN: /returns with neck to ankles flannel nightgown with matching PJ bottoms/
LOIS: /steaming mad/
Well, she WAS hoping to be covered by something in Spandex.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image] /flies off returns with UW uniform/
LOIS: I meant a man in Spandex.
/many males of the Justice League raise their hands/
SUPERMAN: No.
LOIS: :rolleyes:

CARLOS: I’d recommend some more pre-marital counseling for those two. The groom clearly isn’t ready for a committed relationship.

EW: But Clark and Lana have broken up.
ER: Yes, after Clark cheated on her just before the wedding. He’s clearly not ready for marriage. And Lois…Well, don’t get me started on her and her menagerie of guys… One Lois even left her husband-to-be at the altar. Actually, this Lois left *two* of her future husbands right at the altar. *And* asked for a divorce not even a year after she did finally get married.
LOIS: I didn't 'leave' my second fiancee at the altar, was forcibly removed. And I rescinded my divorce request within two minutes, so it doesn't count.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard