Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Please leave any and all feedback for Well, That\'s the Breaks! here! I hoped you enjoyed it, or at least chuckled once or twice! smile

Ultra Lucille
Kerth
Kerth
Aw!

Sad outcome, but well done. smile Comment more lateer when theres no squirming puppy on my lap. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
whinging No! Say it isn't so! They were so perfect for one another. laugh

What a great recap of their history. So familiar a story. It does make you wonder, what exactly was that young man up to, sneaking away in the middle of the night. Was it the alcohol? Was it drugs? Was it some other dark need that called him away in the middle of something else? Was he in the Green Lantern corps? clap I'm glad our couple had a happy ending, because so many of the times it ends like this.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, Perry mentioned Norcross and Judd, but I forgot what he said happened to them.

And, well done on the story!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm going to have to go back and review. I remember some passing mentions of this reporting couple, but no details. This was a good 'fill in the blanks' kind of story.

Thanks!

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Mouserocks: I sure hope you're enjoying that puppy! Thanks for the feedback.
Sad outcome, but well done. smile
blush I'm glad you thought it was an okay story. I'll admit, I was initially a bit worried about posting it!

Ultra Lucille
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
VirginiaR: Thanks so much for leaving feedback!

It does make you wonder, what exactly was that young man up to, sneaking away in the middle of the night. Was it the alcohol?
That's what I figured. Since Perry said in the episode that Norcross went on to drink every bottle in the Tri-State area, I started wondering if maybe that's what broke them up.

Was he in the Green Lantern corps?
Ooh! Good one! I never even thought of that possibility!

...as it progressed I wondered if Lex was the reporter and Clark would show up as something else, the billionaire philanthropist. (Clark still being good, and Lex some kind of serial killer, who had a need to suddenly go out to kill someone).
rotflol That would have been a great story.

Lastly, I thought that it must have been Lois and Claude before Clark had even arrived on the scene. A different kind of relationship that we'd seen between them before, but definitely explaining why Lois didn't date co-workers (let alone sleep with them).
So true!

So, you fooled me to the end. (Although, I must admit when you mentioned Anchorage...).

Great story!
Thanks!! laugh I'm so glad it (mostly) worked! My goal was to make it seem like it *could* have been Lois and Clark, but then turn out not to be.

Ultra Lucille
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
IolantheAlias: Thank you for leaving feedback!

You know, Perry mentioned Norcross and Judd, but I forgot what he said happened to them
Yes, I was in the same place when I initially thought of the idea for this fic. Apparently, Serena Judd ended up going to Anchorage to teach yoga to oil workers and Billy Judd became a drunk before starting his own cable TV ministry. It seemed like too good a story to pass up!

well done on the story!
smile1 Thanks!

Ultra Lucille
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
KenJ: Thanks for the response!

I remember some passing mentions of this reporting couple, but no details. This was a good 'fill in the blanks' kind of story.
Thank you! Yes, I've never come across a 'Norcross and Judd' fic yet, so I thought it would be fun to write one (juxtaposing them as much as possible with Lois and Clark, of course!).

Ultra Lucille
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From the way Perry spoke about them both as a couple and individuals Norcross and Judd must have been very special.

Thank you for allowing us a glimpse into this couple. Also, welcome to the boards! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Morgana: Thank you for your feedback.

From the way Perry spoke about them both as a couple and individuals Norcross and Judd must have been very special.
Yes, I thought that from the way he compared them to Lois and Clark on the show, they definitely must have had something special.

Ultra Lucille
Kerth
Kerth
Nicely done - really had me fooled right to the end.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Marcus: Thank you for leaving feedback!

Nicely done - really had me fooled right to the end.
hyper WOOHOO!!!! I'm so glad it worked!

Ultra Lucille
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I just thought I'd pop by and see what was happening on the boards and I'm glad I did now. That was a great little fic, and you totally had me fooled. Well done!

- Alisha

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear! I missed FDK on this one blush
Well, That's the Breaks!

Summary: Sometimes love just isn't enough… WHAM warning with a twist.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Alisha: Sorry for taking so long to respond; I only just saw your comment! hyper

That was a great little fic, and you totally had me fooled. Well done!
blush Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Ultra Lucille
U
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Michael: Thanks for the comments!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Summary: Sometimes love just isn't enough… WHAM warning with a twist.
evil I try.

Wait, is this Batman?
lol

He talking about downing copious amounts of fermented grain?
Yup. Lots of ingestion of fermentation byproducts going on.

Unless he takes it as ‘Serena has been kidnapped’.
thud Ha! I never thought of that! Very Lois-like.

I’m still not sure if Norcross was a drunk or a superhero, and if so, which one. And why did he start drinking after they got together?
Well, in my head he was a drunk. In the show, Perry said that Norcross drank all of the bottles in the Tri-State area (or something of the variety; I don't remember verbatim at this moment), so I thought that his drinking problem (and refusal to acknowledge the aforesaid problem either to himself or to Judd) might have been what broke them up. Whether he started drinking before or after he and Judd started dating -- well, that's for you to decide. (Personally, I picture 'before')

Ultra Lucille
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, and I was trying so *hard* to make them seem like Lois and Clark...and you've already figured it out! [Wink]
[Linked Image] Lois’s hair from a couple of paragraphs earlier didn’t fit with Season 2.

so I thought that his drinking problem (and refusal to acknowledge the aforesaid problem either to himself or to Judd) might have been what broke them up.
Yeah. What confused me was why Serena didn’t pick up on that before they had started dating. With them hanging out so much, their dating shouldn’t have increased their togetherness all that much that it wouldn’t have been the same before. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard