Page 1 of 2 1 2
#97284 09/12/13 07:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Look! I got them in the same room and they talked. evil

Comments appreciated!

Many thanks to John and IolantheAlias for Betaing this me. Without your encouragement and assistance, this story would be even more difficult to write.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/06/14 12:03 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois glanced up from her computer at the swooshing breeze that foretold Superman’s arrival into the newsroom.
smile1 Clark and Lois are together.

and he had said that there could never be anything between them.
Lois: drool nothing between me and Superman.

She stared at him. Superman knew Lex Luthor? Sure, she realized that Superman and Lex had been to several of the same charitable functions and had met.
Like at the White Orchid Ball. Oh, she means with him as Superman.

What did Superman know about Lex that he hadn’t shared with her?
Did he share Menken's claims with her?

Did Clark believe that she wouldn’t listen to him if he had given her a warning, but she would listen to Superman?
Well, that is what has happened in the past. And her pursuing Lex does not make it seem likely things have changed.

She and Clark were seriously in need of a conversation… a private conversation.
dance at least she knows it needs to happen.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Standing up, she crossed over to him at the ramp and embraced him.
hyper she admit she loves him.

Clark:Wait, we are you so excited, I thought you wanted her to love me.

Reader:Clark you do fly.

Clark:She doesn't know that yet.

Reader:Um, well ....

“This is huge, Clark!” Lois said, jumping to her feet and turning towards Perry’s office, where the crime scene tape reminded her that her boss wasn’t there. “Bigger than our little hostage robbery event last night. Do you know who all is involved?” She grabbed her notebook instead.
Maybe this could be the story that wins her the Pulitzer. At least her next Kerth.

Clark shook his head. “Henderson and Henderson are shifting through the paperwork and data files trying to find names. Superman spent all night flying through abandoned mine shafts looking for more bombs, but because of all the blind spots due to lead-lining of bomb shelters, lead-based paint, lead-pipes, and such, he came up empty.”
Hope that this mention of lead by Clark keeps us from having to suffer through snide comments about lead-lined robes.

Lois patted his hand.
hyper they are touching.

Jimmy’s phone rang and he ran off to answer it,
hyper now they are alone. And toegether. OK, they probably won't talk.

Clark returned a similar smile. “I promise: this week, Lois.”
Seems a bit bold when he still has to find 3 more bombs. Still, I guess with weeks starting on Sunday, he is giving himself a long time.

“Oh, you want a challenge, Chuck?” Lois said,
party the name is used.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois rose to her feet and pointed at the woman. “I knew it! I knew you were a mole.
But she had the wrong organization in mind.

She wished Clark were here to hear these accusations against his friend, the so-called ‘innocent’ Ms. King.
So much for her not being in on illegal operations.

Luckily, I was able to play on your professional jealousy of Mr. Kent’s lunching with Ms. King to muddy the waters.”
Lois:Linda is no rival of me on professional lines.

Lois put her hands on her hips, knowing full well who had turned her over to Detective Reed, and her initials were L.K.
Maybe Lex's middle name is Kreig. On another note, isn't Lois's goal to become LK? grumble she keeps distracting Clark from spending enough time with me.

“You heard Clark tonight… last night, trying to get me to acknowledge that Cat’s reporting has merits,” Lois mumbled.
He clearly is still a lunkhead.

She was too embarrassed to admit the truth. Cat Grant had seen through Clark’s disguise on day one.
Only because Clark rejected her. And so did Superman. The fact that two men could reject her just did not compute for Cat.

It still rankled Lois that it took a kiss from Superman himself nine months later to clear the fog from her eyes.
At least she gets kisses from Superman. That is more than Cat will ever get from him.

“And you know Clark, darlin’,” Perry said, patting her on the shoulder. “If that man could find goodness in Linda King, he could in just about anyone.”
clap

“Hey, now. You didn’t let yourself be sweet-talked into giving a ‘special contribution’ credit to someone who was working to destroy your best reporter’s career and your newspaper,” he said.
He gave Linda the special contribution line, how could he?

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, I have to ask, any idea when this epic will be concluded?

Just curious! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A situation had developed, he had told Jimmy, and Clark was searching Metropolis with the MPD bomb squad to locate Fuentes’s real bomb.
At first I thought you where referring Superman, but no, it’s really been Clark. Why is *Clark* helping the MPD?

If Superman appeared exhausted, how must she look?
[Linked Image]

It was as if the billionaire with a gunshot wound had faded into thin air, and she didn’t like it.
Don’t divine beings often dissolve into mist when they die? Also, won’t she get suspicious when she’s in bed with Lex and he’s lacking the gunshot scar? And won’t he be annoyed by that scar on her arm? Come to think of it, Lois’s dress from the show during Fly Hard was sleeveless, so her scar would be on prominent display.

She stared at him. Superman knew Lex Luthor?
/hands Lois passage explaining the old-school meaning of ‘knowing someone’/

For starters, did you know that Pino was short for Pinocchio?”
So, he had a long nose?

How shallow did he think she was?
[Linked Image]
About ye deep.

Also, clearly, Clark had trouble trusting anyone, except Cat Grant and a couple of farmers from Kansas.
So, according to Lois a women with low morals and a couple of hicks?

The question was what else was Clark withholding from her?
Umm… sweet lovin’? To use a polite term…

“Did you know that there are abandoned coal mines under Metropolis?” Clark asked.
[Linked Image]

“What?” Jimmy said with a shrug. “I did a paper on it in school. I made this really cool diorama of an opening of the Metropolitan United Coal shaft entrance after visiting the park on a field trip.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Also, won’t she get suspicious when she’s in bed with Lex and he’s lacking the gunshot scar?
Since she won't ever be in bed with Lex this issue will not come up.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: hyper Ooooh. More comments!
Lois: drool nothing between me and Superman.
Oh, dear. /gazes at next morning's Met Star headline/ "Daily Planet Explodes Due to Overheated Passions: Story continued on Page 6. In other news, Superman Was Apparently Combustible When Set Ablaze".

Like at the White Orchid Ball. Oh, she means with him as Superman.
Since they are still dancing this dance. Yes.

Did he share Menken's claims with her?
CLARK: Hmmmm. [Linked Image] Look at the time.

Well, that is what has happened in the past. And her pursuing Lex does not make it seem likely things have changed.
LOIS: The *past*, but not since I found out the truth. Not since I fell in love with the lunkhead, right?

[John happy that] at least she knows it needs to happen.
Lois and Clark knowing they should talk and the [Linked Image] allowing it to happen are two different things entirely.

He should have been there hours ago. At her apartment.
CLARK: She *said* she'd be working on her taxes!

Lois:Well, if it has to blow, at least we get to be at ground zero.
CLARK: /sputtering/ How... How is this a positive?
LOIS: Exclusivity.

she admit she loves him.
She's admitted this before.

Clark:Wait, we are you so excited, I thought you wanted her to love me.

Reader:Clark you do fly.

Clark:She doesn't know that yet.

Reader:Um, well ....
I think :rolleyes: was missing from the Reader's last line of dialogue. laugh

Maybe this could be the story that wins her the Pulitzer. At least her next Kerth.
So, she should drop her investigation into Lex having Kryptonite and work on this instead?

Hope that this mention of lead by Clark keeps us from having to suffer through snide comments about lead-lined robes.
CLARK: I would never... suggest... I like that Lois's clothing is transparent.
LOIS: My clothing isn't transparent!
CLARK: It isn't? [Linked Image]

[excited] now they are alone. And toegether. OK, they probably won't talk.
Just because Jimmy isn't right next to them, they aren't really alone. Lex is right there watching... okay, he's off with Arianna... but his cameras are right there recording... are you SURE you want them to talk, right there?

Seems a bit bold when he still has to find 3 more bombs. Still, I guess with weeks starting on Sunday, he is giving himself a long time.
CLARK: Last time I checked, a week has 7 days.

But she had the wrong organization in mind.
LOIS: Pah! Minor detail.

So much for her not being in on illegal operations.
LINDA: This isn't illegal. This happens all the time in the news business. Just ask LNN.

Lois: Linda is no rival of me on professional lines.
LINDA: We're both reporters.
LOIS: Oh, really. When did you start writing the news off your backside?

Lois put her hands on her hips, knowing full well who had turned her over to Detective Reed, and her initials were L.K.
Maybe Lex's middle name is Kreig. On another note, isn't Lois's goal to become LK? peep
LOIS: No! Why would I change my name?

Lois: grumble she keeps distracting Clark from spending enough time with me.
CAT: Me? Oh, please, girlfriend. You and I both know even with this crazy lifestyle choice you made in investigating Luthor, you still spend more time with Clark than I do.

“You heard Clark tonight… last night, trying to get me to acknowledge that Cat’s reporting has merits,” Lois mumbled.
JOHN: He clearly is still a lunkhead.
CLARK: I promised Cat I would defend her reporting abilities should they ever be questioned. And Cat being a good reporter, still doesn't imply that Lois is less of one.

Only because Clark rejected her. And so did Superman. The fact that two men could reject her just did not compute for Cat.
LOIS: Men rejected me all the time before I met Superman... Yet, I still didn't recognize him as Clark... you know, that didn't come out quite as I expected.

At least she gets kisses from Superman. That is more than Cat will ever get from him.
CAT: Yeah!
PHIL: What?
CAT: Uh... And I get kisses from you, honey. All's fair.

He gave Linda the special contribution line, how could he?
PERRY: She helped bring down Carpenter and save the Planet. How isn't that 'Special Contribution'?

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Also, won’t she get suspicious when she’s in bed with Lex and he’s lacking the gunshot scar?
JOHN: Since she won't ever be in bed with Lex this issue will not come up.
LEX: /checks calender/ But... but... I've already scheduled it!
MRS. COX: Oh, that was an error. It was supposed to read "Hex Lois Lane" not "Sex Lois Lane". My bad.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana: Hi, Morgana. Welcome to my story! wave
Ah, I have to ask, any idea when this epic will be concluded?

Just curious!
When it's done. Sorry. I have no better answer than that at the moment.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
CAT: Me? Oh, please, girlfriend. You and I both know even with this crazy lifestyle choice you made in investigating Luthor, you still spend more time with Clark than I do.
Lois:But that is not the point. I want to spend more time with Clark, and him spending time with you prevents that.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thanks for sticking with me despite my characters tendency for lunkheadedness.
LOIS: Excuse me? CharacterS? I think there's only ONE lunkhead in this story!
CLARK: I beg to differ! There's me, there's True Clark, since we share DNA, he must be infected as well. Which means it's possible that if lunkheadedness attaches to one's soul then Carlos could be infected as well. Then, of course, you can't forget the woman we all love WHO'S DATING LEX LUTHOR! So, I count at least 4 possible characters with lunkheaded syndrome.
LUCY: And don't forget both Jimmys.
MARTHA: And Jonathan.
JONATHAN: Hey!
MARTHA: And I love you despite of it.
LOIS: hyper

I hear Chip, the new paper boy, is ready to step up.
CHIP: hyper
LEX: Patience my young apprentice. By the way, how's your impersonation of me for the LexCorp talent show coming along?

Nah. They’re not materialistic enough for him.
That was my thoughts on the matter.

He’s never satisfied, is he?
MRS. COX: *I* satisfy him.

Run a hot poker through his guts?
LEX: No, no. The other way around with me playing the red hot...
LOIS: /holds up hand/ Just stop right there. Please. I don't want to hear any more.
LEX: dance She likes surprises. Fabulous!

ER: [Not happy that Lex is keeping Kryptonite so easily located in his secret safe in his secret room behind the office. It's too obvious.]
LEX: Yes, by the time Superman bursts through the lead lined safe, it will be too late for him.
LOIS: What if I just have him unlock the safe and then fly away, and I take the pretty rock and wrap it in lead foil?
LEX: um... yeah. That might work. Ooops?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Since she won't ever be in bed with Lex this issue will not come up.
Let's hope. evil

LOIS: That's not funny.
CLARK: I concur.
LEX: I'm going to have to agree with them, John. [Linked Image] That wasn't funny.
LOIS & CLARK: We agreed with John.
LEX: Why would you do that? He's so obviously wrong.
CLARK: Why are you dating this guy again?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois:But that is not the point. I want to spend more time with Clark, and him spending time with you prevents that.
CLARK: So, I'm not allowed to have other friends?
LOIS: No.
CLARK: And you say I'm trying to control YOUR life too much.
LOIS: When did I say that to you?
CLARK: [Linked Image] Um... never mind. We never had that discussion. Nope. Never. No, Sirree bob. Gee, look at the time. I need to fly...er... Run, because of course, I don't fly. How could I fly? I would have to be... [Linked Image]
LOIS: And, yet, he still thinks I don't know. Lunkhead.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: <frustrated with being lobbed in with all the other lunkheads out there>
[Linked Image]

quote: [What Lois looks like on little sleep after date with Lex Luthor]

LOIS: Gee, thanks for the visuals.
You’re welcome.

LOIS: Without witnessing Lex turning to ash, can I just assume he's out there wreaking havoc?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ER: Actually, you wouldn’t put a dirty bomb in a mine shaft.

EW: The Nazis did in SuperMann.

ER: No, that wasn’t a dirty bomb. That was a fully functional fission device.
They CALLED it a 'dirty bomb' though. The only person they wanted to irradiate was Superman, so trapping him in an enclosed space with the bomb and then exploding it, makes sense.

No, I’m saying that if they had nuclear weapons before the end of the war and managed to sneak several of them onto the East Coast, the war would have ended differently. Or, at least, with quite some substantial damage to the East Coast. Since those scenarios aren’t all that happy, they probably smuggled them over there in later years from Argentina via the Mexican drug routes.
Okay, that makes sense.

Hmm… Economic Espionage Act of 1996… Might have been still legal back in 1994
LEX: Potato, Potato. If I'm spying on someone else, totally legal. If someone is spying on me, totally chargeable offense.

ER: He’s never satisfied, is he?

MRS. COX: *I* satisfy him.
ER: Then why is he seeking medical attention on the side?
MRS. COX: He's *WHAT*? sad I wonder what she's going to do instead./
LEX: And *yes* that would be stealing.
LOIS: It would be removal of dangerous substance.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
They CALLED it a 'dirty bomb' though.
/checks script/ Yeah, they called it ‘particularly dirty’. Funny thing, though, that’s not was a dirty bomb is. No, in the case of that nuke, it’s just a bomb that yields in an excessive amount of radioactive particles being sent out during the blast. It comes down to which fissionable material is used and how pure it is and stuff like that. The classic dirty bomb is just a bag full of radioactive material and some high explosives to distribute it over a couple of city blocks. Lots of potential for cancer, no mushroom cloud, rapid decline in real-estate value.

LEX: Potato, Potato. If I'm spying on someone else, totally legal. If someone is spying on me, totally chargeable offense.
He’s referring to the spying person then being tied behind a charging horse, huh?

Also, wouldn't that be called stealing?

Using that plot or taking Lex's Kryptonite?
Taking the Kryptonite.

LOIS: It's *MY* idea and I don't steal stories! /hmmmm. Guess that means EW won't be using my idea either. [Sad] I wonder what she's going to do instead./
Have Arianna steal the Kryptonite instead?

So, when Lex would take possession of a gun shipment or some neurotoxins from within Starlabs, that would also be totally fine?

wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
-> Yaaaaa think?! dizzy

“Nazis? As in World War 2? That kind of Nazi?”
-> Nooooooo! The OTHER kind of Naziss.... laugh

“Don’t other reporters work here besides us?”
-> LOL Right?!

“Preston Carpenter of the Metropolis Star placed me inside the Daily Planet as a spy, to let him know about what stories everyone here was working on, and to report my findings to Ms. King,” she replied.
-> jawdrop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don’t we call it a trifecta and fire Ralph as well?”
-> I like this plan.

That was nothing if not damned inconvenient.
-> But think of all the baked goods your adoring lovers and admirers will send!

Deep inside Lois, Lex knew there was a part of her fighting her good sense to love him.
-> YAAAYY!! LOVE HIM!!!

The inside of the lead-lined safe glowed green.
-> S&M with SM? Yes please!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/checks script/ Yeah, they called it ‘particularly dirty’. Funny thing, though, that’s not was a dirty bomb is. No, in the case of that nuke, it’s just a bomb that yields in an excessive amount of radioactive particles being sent out during the blast. It comes down to which fissionable material is used and how pure it is and stuff like that. The classic dirty bomb is just a bag full of radioactive material and some high explosives to distribute it over a couple of city blocks. Lots of potential for cancer, no mushroom cloud, rapid decline in real-estate value.
I believe they meant the former, not the latter, definition by how it was used in the show.

He’s referring to the spying person then being tied behind a charging horse, huh?
LEX: Only if I get to be the one who yells "Charge!"

Taking the Kryptonite.
LOIS: It legally belongs to the last son of Krypton. Just because he lost it as it scattered over our planet when he arrived, it doesn't make it any less his.
LEX: Possession is 9/10th of the law.
LOIS: When did you ever care about the 'law'?
LEX: When it works in my favor.

Have Arianna steal the Kryptonite instead?
That would be a twist.

ER: So, when Lex would take possession of a gun shipment or some neurotoxins from within Starlabs, that would also be totally fine?
LEX: Sounds reasonable.
FBI: Not to us!
LEX: I hate it when those guys show up. They have no imagination.

/Psst. I know I went out of order, but I had some other FDK to answer here/

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MrsLuthor: hyper Mrs. L! dance They let you out! Thanks for popping in for a visit. Always good to hear from you.
-> Yaaaaa think?! /dizzy/
Maybe. Possibly. A little bit.

“Nazis? As in World War 2? That kind of Nazi?”
-> Nooooooo! The OTHER kind of Naziss....
dizzy

The inside of the lead-lined safe glowed green.
-> S&M with SM? Yes please!
Um... with Lex and SM? Um... no.... well, actually, from a certain POV...
CLARK: *Excuse me*?
EW: Nothing. I didn't say anything. [Linked Image]
...With Lois and SM... Gfic. You'll have to write that story yourself, being all limbered up from your 50 Shades fanfic you've been cheating on us with. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: He’s referring to the spying person then being tied behind a charging horse, huh?

LOIS: What about the women’s right to vote?

Like when Lord Nor institutes Kryptonian Law on Earth, legislating the ownership of concubines?

/Psst. I know I went out of order, but I had some other FDK to answer here/
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

LOIS: What about the women’s right to vote?
CLARK: Criminals don't get the right to vote, Lois, and spying is a criminal offense.
LOIS: Oh, shut up, Clark.

ER: Like when Lord Nor institutes Kryptonian Law on Earth, legislating the ownership of concubines?
LEX: It's so sad that I had died by point and time. I would have so enjoyed that.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard