Page 1 of 2 1 2
#97158 09/05/13 05:03 PM
Morgana Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Comments. Thoughts. This fic is a little different. peep

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#97159 09/05/13 06:18 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The designer of Lois wedding gown had been flown in from Milan, merely to make sure the bride looked exquisite in his latest frothy creation.
I think you want to say "Lois' wedding gown" or "Lois's wedding gown". I have to admit I have never figured out which form is correct, but you want to make it possessive.

Interesting that Lucy is there. I don't remember them even addressing Lucy not being there in canon. Of course she just vanished starting with "I'm Looking Through You", so I guess her not being there for the wedding being explained would have also created problems.

John Pack Lambert
#97160 09/05/13 06:41 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
party I loved the story. Hmm, so how did Clark escape Lex's trap? Was he just too smart to go and talk to Lex as SM, and did he decide to not give Lex even that much control over him.

Why he actually went and spoke with Lex never really made sense. This makes a lot more sense, and is much more satisfying than canon. Of course, I can see why they did things the way they did. It would have almost been to clean a closure for the season to get another one. Also, it would have deprived them of the triangle-built-for-two aspect of the show much quicker. OK, technically Lois does not know CK=SM yet, but I can't see him keeping her in the dark on that much longer.

Although, even if he does, the love-triangle-of-two dies when Lois tells Clark unequivocably "I love you". The key to its life is Clark thinking Lois only really loves SM.

John Pack Lambert
#97161 09/06/13 01:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A much more satisfying ending to House of Luthor. Sweet and romantic. Love it all! hyper

Interesting that Lucy is there. I don't remember them even addressing Lucy not being there in canon.
It was addressed in the script but it didn't make the final version. I believe it was to save time. From the script:

LOIS: My dad's medical relief mission is in Africa, and Lucy's still trekking in Nepal.

She returned to him freely, letting his strong arms enfold her and all of the uncertainty and sadness vanquished from her once aching heart. The words emerged, joyous and clear, “Clark, I love you!”
See? He should always let her speak first. wink

With a little faltering, a questing finger reached up and caressed her cheek once more wiping away tears, this time of joy. The finger moved down to touch her lips. Lois felt his hesitation; after all, only seconds ago she had been engaged to another man. But for once, prudence and convention were cast aside; as he leaned down and tenderly pressed his lips to hers. The kiss held love and deep, abiding ardor,
Awwwwww.... /me melts. [Linked Image]

He quietly took command of the situation. Firmly taking her hand in his, with the ease of someone who was quite familiar with the Luthor penthouse, Clark navigated through the gathered throng to the private elevator, leading Lois away from the hollow, artificial life Luthor had so carefully constructed to starting a new life with the man who cherished and loved her above all others.
[Linked Image] Nothing could be better than a happy, WAFFy ending. Great rewriting! clap

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#97162 09/06/13 02:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love it! It's a great, satisfying ending to House of Luthor.

“The contest is done. Kent, you have won the prize. I challenge you to prove yourself worthy of her.”
Lois Lane as a "prize." I don't think that would suit her too well, but it's definitely the sort of attitude Lex would have.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#97163 09/06/13 02:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent. I loved the descriptions of Clark coming into the room as a warrior king to claim his woman. Ooooo, yeah. Can he stride into my room like that please?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#97164 09/06/13 05:41 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Oooh, I love this story! It makes me feel all warm and cozy. This is a much more satisfying ending to HoL.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#97165 09/06/13 06:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, yes, Lex's monstrosity of a wedding would be highly orchestrated and timed. I just wanted to slap that wedding planner for telling Lois that she had 10 minutes. Truth is, the bride should ALWAYS be allowed to arrive whenever she feels like it. If you time-pressure some brides to death, they are less likely to arrive at all.

When Clark knocks on Lois's door, I thought it was her mother as per canon. This makes more sense. Of course, he would knock on her door. He just heard her say "Lois Lane-Kent". Nothing would stop him from being at that door. Although, it appears that Clark didn't even hear her.

My one qualm is with this line:
For a moment, a look passed between the three of them as a mosaic of emotions ran across Lex’s face than he said with a touch of the old defiance. “The contest is done. Kent, you have won the prize. I challenge you to prove yourself worthy of her.” With a sense of worn dignity, he looked away.
Even when faced with the reality of the situation, I can never see Lex admitting defeat. NEVER.

hyper for Perry getting a punch of Lex in! No one deserved it more.

This was beautifully done and one of my favorite of your vignettes. clap

Ultra Woman wrote:
It was addressed in the script but it didn't make the final version. I believe it was to save time. From the script:

LOIS: My dad's medical relief mission is in Africa, and Lucy's still trekking in Nepal.
Neither of these excuses make sense with what they did with the characters in S2-S4. If they had left these lines in, I wonder how different Lucy's and Sam's characterizations would have changed?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#97166 09/06/13 10:09 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A brief fight broke out, than a body slammed hard against the door. She heard a woman scream, probably Greta Keith thinking she was going to lose her commission . Lois looked at Clark an expression on her face swathed in questions.
This just made me chuckle. I needed a dose of romance and this story hit the spot.

There were a few than/then mixups that I noticed throughout.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
#97167 09/06/13 07:41 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap Glad to see you posted this. clap
The expanded ending works much better.

Very nice.
Bob

#97168 09/09/13 04:18 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Sorry everyone! Been out of town with limited computer access. Now's the time for making comments and answering!

John

I think you want to say "Lois' wedding gown" or "Lois's wedding gown". I have to admit I have never figured out which form is correct, but you want to make it possessive.

That will be addressed in the archive version.

Why he actually went and spoke with Lex never really made sense. This makes a lot more sense, and is much more satisfying than canon.
Thank you! That makes me feel very happy! Yeah, I always thought visiting Lex as Superman was a huge mistake. I'm so glad you liked the story!

Ultra Woman

A much more satisfying ending to House of Luthor. Sweet and romantic. Love it all!
I wanted this to be almost like a fairytale! Romance was in the air, but not between the Bride and the Groom! The man who truly loved her came at the right time. Thanks again for reading this fic when it was in its original state!

Annie B

Lois Lane as a "prize." I don't think that would suit her too well, but it's definitely the sort of attitude Lex would have.
He considered her a shiny possession or 'prize', just the sort of thing the Third Richest Man in the world would say.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#97169 09/12/13 12:03 AM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Katherine Kent
Excellent. I loved the descriptions of Clark coming into the room as a warrior king to claim his woman. Ooooo, yeah. Can he stride into my room like that please?
Yeah, that was one of my favorite lines. As for him striding into your room like that? You are on your own! (Snicker)

Mrs Mxyzptlk

Oooh, I love this story! It makes me feel all warm and cozy. This is a much more satisfying ending to HoL.
Your fellow commenters agree! I never could understand why Clark chose to answer Lex's summons. It was a definite invitation to disaster! I am sure nightmares about that green cage haunted Clark for the rest of his life. Nightmares which he probably never told Lois about.

Magical
This just made me chuckle. I needed a dose of romance and this story hit the spot.
A dose of romance sometimes is all we need to put a gentle smile on our faces and in our hearts. Thank you for the lovely compliment! It made writing this one-shot fic all the more enjoyable.

Bobbart
The expanded ending works much better.
It does, doesn't it? Guess what? I am still not satisfied! confused Don't be surprised if this story returns with a longer and better ending! wink

Morgana

#97170 09/12/13 03:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't be surprised if this story returns with a longer and better ending!
The longer the better. hyper

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#97171 09/12/13 05:51 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by Morgana:
I never could understand why Clark chose to answer Lex's summons. It was a definite invitation to disaster! I am sure nightmares about that green cage haunted Clark for the rest of his life. Nightmares which he probably never told Lois about.
Yeah, going to see Luthor was a pretty stupid move on Clark's part.

Has anyone written a story where Clark deals with PTSD after getting out of the cage? I'd think he'd be at least a bit twitchy after something like that. Claustrophobic, maybe? Afraid of wine cellars? Or maybe cummerbunds or pouring wine or anything that glows green might give him flashbacks? I guess a story like that would be pretty dark, though.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#97172 09/13/13 12:04 AM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Mrs Mxyzptlk

Has anyone written a story where Clark deals with PTSD after getting out of the cage? I'd think he'd be at least a bit twitchy after something like that. Claustrophobic, maybe? Afraid of wine cellars? Or maybe cummerbunds or pouring wine or anything that glows green might give him flashbacks? I guess a story like that would be pretty dark, though.
I have no doubt it would be. What Clark experienced was horrific and for him not to have PTSD afterwards is unreasonable. But I can't remember reading about any story dealing with the topic.

Still think of this, despite Lex putting him in that cage, if Clark had his powers he would have found a way to save Lex. That my friend is true nobility!

Morgana

#97173 09/13/13 12:07 AM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Ultra Woman
The longer the better.
I am seriously contemplating adding a couple more pages. So tell me gentle readers, should I expand on this story and post on the boards or the archives? wave

Morgana

#97174 09/13/13 05:11 AM
Kerth
Kerth
clap clap Very sweet! If only Clark had actually done this instead of meeting with Lex... so very perfect!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#97175 09/13/13 06:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

Thanks for letting me ba a part of this along with your other betas.

Ready to work on the expansion.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#97176 09/15/13 09:18 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
It has never taken this long for me to write a comment! RL is the culprit... honest!

VirginiaR

Oh, yes, Lex's monstrosity of a wedding would be highly orchestrated and timed. I just wanted to slap that wedding planner for telling Lois that she had 10 minutes. Truth is, the bride should ALWAYS be allowed to arrive whenever she feels like it. If you time-pressure some brides to death, they are less likely to arrive at all.
Very true! Lex wanted everything to be showy and over the top, once again relying on appearance rather than substance. Greta Keith was created from that one line in HoL. In everyone's mind Lex had stamped his last name on Lois. No way would he allow her to be Lois Lane either professionally or in private.

Yes, there is nothing more terrifying than a bride who is pressured beyond what she can bear on her wedding day.

When Clark knocks on Lois's door, I thought it was her mother as per canon. This makes more sense. Of course, he would knock on her door. He just heard her say "Lois Lane-Kent". Nothing would stop him from being at that door. Although, it appears that Clark didn't even hear her.
Ah, now we don't know that for sure do we? wink Clark hadn't let her in on the secret ....yet. But yes, in this version of the story is determined to get Lois to change her mind. He needed to be in complete control of himself, like a warrior king about to go into battle.

Even when faced with the reality of the situation, I can never see Lex admitting defeat. NEVER.
Bravo! No one else said anything about that particular line! Each character is slightly different from what we are used to expecting:

Lois is a stranger to herself, she is indecisive and afraid, she suspects her fiancé will do more than just be angry if she refuses to go through with this marriage.

Although Ellen Lane is never seen I wanted her to be the way Phyllis Coates portrayed her. Strong and calm, not a woman battling with the bottle.

Clark is not a worrier, but a man who wants to be with the woman he loves, even if it means crashing her wedding.

Perry probably always wanted to punch Lex's lights out, especially after 'Chip' made his appearance in the newsroom! thumbsup

Finally, Lex does admit defeat in this story, but at the same time sneeringly tells Clark he is not man enough for Lois. Just a little different!

Agreed, this line did not fit with how the characters were eventually portrayed. I always wondered why Lucy was treated so poorly by the writers in the show,

This was beautifully done and one of my favorite of your vignettes.
Thank you! That means a great deal to me!

Morgana

#97177 09/15/13 09:27 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Mouserocks

Very sweet! If only Clark had actually done this instead of meeting with Lex... so very perfect!
Thanks! As the feedback indicates, HoL had a lot of inconsistencies. After all, Clark should have known Luthor would have some kind of trap waiting for him. So glad to know this one-shot story struck the proper cord.

KenJ

Thanks for letting me be a part of this along with your other betas.

Ready to work on the expansion.
As was written in the outset, you guys are the best! Thanks for all the assistance on this one.

I have some ideas, but two other stories should come first! wave

Morgana

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard