Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97039 08/27/13 06:09 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

Despite the slow progress, I'm committed to finishing this story. I've been writing an original-character story, which has been taking a lot of my writing time.

Thanks to everyone who is still reading. smile

Corrina.

#97040 08/28/13 12:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another good chapter! This story has me eagerly awaiting each post, I have so many questions and I can't wait to see how they play out...

Will Clark's powers return?
If so, will he fly back to the States and divorce Lana (or find his marriage has already ended somehow)?
Will he EVER tell Lois his full name?
Will Lois EVER confess her full name and previous occupation?
Will Tempus make another appearance?
Will they stay in Africa or go back to the US?

So many questions!!! LOL

Please keep the posts coming, you having me hanging out for more each time!

Cheers
Elizabeth

#97041 08/28/13 04:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Still on-board!
Like Elizabeth I have many questions:
- Is Clark getting divorced? Because if Clark came back to Metropolis, Tempus might try (again) to kill him! eek
- Will Didi discover Clark's powers? And discover that he is, indeed, an "space-man"?? smile1
- What about Romaric hunting invitation? Is he jealous or sincere with Clark? wildguy
-The kryptonite in the river.... it didn't contaminate the water, did it?????

I hope you can understand my poor English.... frown

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#97042 08/29/13 04:46 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I'm glad everything went well with Rolle's baby.

I can understand Clark's questioning of what his own actions would have been had he met Lois when he and Lana were still together, but I really don't think he would have actually cheated on her. Maybe that doesn't matter, though, because at least he has some insight into what Lana might have been thinking.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#97043 08/29/13 08:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice chapter. Glad to see you back here. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#97044 08/29/13 03:55 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was not expecting the suggestion that Kent forgive Lana. It really works for who he is, though. Here in the comments we've all been assuming she's evil and vindictive, and maybe she is, but maybe she isn't. Maybe she tried, but she just really wasn't happy with Clark, and didn't know how to end it in a better way. Can we know that? I don't know. But it's much more in character for Kent to see the good side of her, to understand and forgive her in order to move on, than to hate and disregard her as unworthy.

#97045 08/29/13 04:27 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say that although at some level it is good to forgive. Still, I have to say I still think that Lana's approach was all wrong, and Clark is off base if he thinks he would have acted the same way. I am sure he would have divorced Lana before he started anything with Lois.

John Pack Lambert
#97046 08/29/13 07:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AmyPrime:
I was not expecting the suggestion that Kent forgive Lana. It really works for who he is, though. Here in the comments we've all been assuming she's evil and vindictive, and maybe she is, but maybe she isn't. Maybe she tried, but she just really wasn't happy with Clark, and didn't know how to end it in a better way. Can we know that? I don't know. But it's much more in character for Kent to see the good side of her, to understand and forgive her in order to move on, than to hate and disregard her as unworthy.
Well, Lana did lie and accuse Clark of physical abuse while she was pregnant. That sounds pretty evil to me. He might be able to forgive her for cheating but turning him into a wife-beater and selling that story to the papers is pretty unforgivable. If he returns to the Metropolis to get the divorce, he still has those criminal charges and a running from prosecution charge to deal with in the meantime. I vote Kent stays with the Bangala, but knowing Clark, he'll want to go clear his name someday.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#97047 08/30/13 02:27 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hm, yeah, that's bad. When the story's done, I want to go back an reread everything, so I can remember all the details.

They clearly have to stay with the Bangala. It's Lois's home now, and it's becoming Kent's. There's nothing to stop him from helping the world with, say, large-scale disasters if he gets his powers back, though. smile

#97048 08/30/13 05:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He has to clear his name.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#97049 09/01/13 06:11 AM
H
Blogger
Blogger
H
Female Hawk, I came to this after reading Aussie Rules and loving it, despite knowing nothing about football. Have been reading this one slowly over a couple of weeks, since I saw it was a work in progress. (Thought about stopping all together when I realized it, but was already too invested.) Now I am caught up and am itching to find out what happens next!

I go back and forth on Lois and Clark revealing their past lives. On the one hand, it doesn't matter now; on the other hand, it's a part of who they are. I do want to know what Lois's secret is, so I hope *we* eventually find out, even if Clark doesn't.

Great job with this! Now, what other stories of yours can I supplement with until your next post? Suggestions, anyone? smile

#97050 09/01/13 06:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can check out many of Corrina's stories here on the Fanfic Archive. Have fun. laugh

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#97051 09/25/13 01:00 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
First of all - MORE STORY!

Sorry, my impatient muses want more. Actually, so do I.

If Lois has confessed - or even thought hard about - the thing she was running from when the Bangala found her, I don't remember it. Whatever it is, it's a secret to rival Clark's origin secret, so we still have some major angst to work through. Can't wait to find out what it is.

Is Lana evil? She's done some pretty nasty things to Clark, and I wonder whether her baby is actually his and she just didn't want an alien to help her raise the child, or if Tempus is the baby daddy and he clobbered her with a bunch of "invaders from Krypton" garbage and that's why she turned against Clark. Either way, Clark will never again trust her with his heart.

I wonder what Diddi will think when Lois and Kent start acting all weird around each other like they're mad at each other. Will he try to talk to them, try to understand why they're angry when they seemed to like each other so much? And is Lois' deep dark secret really hidden from her tribe? They strike me as fairly intelligent people, capable of cutting through the cloud of obfuscation Lois has thrown up around her past. Maybe she was delirious when they first found her and doesn't remember everything she spilled?

They're also capable of seeing the truth a man (or woman) is hiding. They know that Lois is a good person at heart, and they've had time to figure out that Kent isn't going to hurt them and would probably be an asset to the tribe, even without his powers (which should be coming back very soon, I would think). This is the ideal place for him to rest and heal from his heart wounds, and Lois is just about ready to take that final step to full healing herself. She's a valuable asset to the tribe too, but she needs to fight injustice and evil on a larger scale. Her healing experience would translate well should she decide to return to Metropolis and the Daily Planet.

So, Corrina, when did you say the next chapter would be posted? That soon? I'm looking forward to it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#97052 09/25/13 05:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ditto. What Terry said.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#97053 09/25/13 06:11 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a wonderful story. I really appreciate all we have seen so far. I really like how Lois and Clark are growing closer together.

John Pack Lambert
#97054 10/05/13 07:20 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
hope you are doing well - can't wait for more!

#97055 10/14/13 01:04 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Progress report - the end is in sight (for me, anyway wink ) I'm writing Part 34, and my current estimate is that the story should be done in less than 40 parts. I'm planning a sequel, but I intend to take a break - have to travel to Canada for my son's wedding - and I also want to dabble in a couple of shorter LnC stories that have been waiting patiently on my hard drive.

I'm hesitant to make too many predictions, but I'm hoping this story will be posted in full by early next year and the sequel will begin about the middle of next year.

Elizabeth

I always enjoy the readers' questions because they tell me if my future plans line up with expectations.

Some of your questions have been answered in parts I've already written, others I'm about to address.

chelo

More questions smile

One question is particularly apt. I have known the answer from the beginning and never wavered, but I admit that a couple of previous comments/questions have caused me to write in such a way to seem to hint at a different scenario altogether.

I guess you're more confused than ever now laugh

Your English is perfectly understandable. Thanks for making the effort.

mrsM Good point. When Clark found out about Lana's affair, he only saw his own side, which is perfectly natural. Time and meeting Lois has given him the chance to review things.

Laura Thanks for continuing to read, Laura.

Amy Taking feelings of unforgiveness and bitterness into a new relationship isn't a great foundation. Clark's progress might seem slow, but I think all these steps are necessary.

John Regarding Lana, you've only had access to Clark's side. On the surface, what she did was wrong, but perhaps there is more to it.

Virginia All true.

Amy

When the story's done, I want to go back an reread everything, so I can remember all the details.
Me, too!

Morgana

Maybe.

hewsonaly

Hi. You read Aussie Rules? I'm continually staggered at how many non-Australians have read and enjoyed that fic. I remember when I was writing it, I was constantly worried that I was getting the footy/LnC balance all wrong.

You will know Lois's secret. So will Clark. In fact, it's the next scene waiting to be written.

LabRat Thanks for providing the link, Labby.

Terry How nice to hear from you, Terry.

Lois hasn't confessed or thought much about her secret.

About the tribe - yes, they're intelligent people, but remember early in the story (I know that was a loooooooong time ago), Lois talked about how they are very trusting, how it's difficult for them to conceive of deceit and corruption? They usual take people at face value.

John Thanks for the comment, John.

Sarah Thanks for the good wishes, Sarah.

Again, a huge thanks to everyone continuing to read this very drawn-out story.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard