Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
It's not much, but please tell me what you think. smile

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think I'm hooked already! This has the makings of a fabulous story! I want it to continue as I just have to know what happens next, and what happened previously!! Please, please keep writing the story!! smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto! smile1

I know its hard to push the Muse along, but honestly, this time you have gotta try!

This news was a great relief, but there was still something about his expression. Lois frowned. “Perry? What's wrong?”

He looked down, tapping a finger against the top of his desk. “Lois, Honey,” he said, “I'm not Dr. Spock, but your son seems to be close to about...four years old?”

Lois shrugged. She didn't know how to convert the time measurements, but four Earth years sounded about right for Zal. “And...?” she asked.

“Honey,” Perry said, cautiously, “you've been gone for *three* years.
A little confused on this part. Care to clarify?

This story has tremendous potential!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
*offers Queen of the Capes' muse a cookie*

This story has me hooked already. Tell your muse to get going! smile1

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
smile1 That muse better get to work!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. What a teaser. You've set up a fabulous story and there are so many questions that need answering, although you may choose to only answer a few of them.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very interesting premise. I must say I was thrown through a loop at first, thinking that Zal was Zod's child ( shock ) Of course, then I had to remember, no Zod in LnC, only Nor. I love how she casually drops "abducted by aliens". Oh, if *these* were the aliens abducting people, boy would that make all those "I was an alien sex slave" stories in the Nat. Inquirer more interesting. LOL. At first, I thought she was abducted by Nor's men and she'll bump into Alt-Clark and somehow recognize him as a Kryptonian as well. Or part of the conditions of her release was to spy on the Kryptonian Kal-El at the Daily Planet. That Kal was one of the ones who abducted her (I'm guessing saved her from who actually abducted her) puts a different twist on things. So, Krypton hadn't gone boom-boom yet?

Perry's worries about Lois having a 4 year old son, when she technically shouldn't have one older than 2.5 (counting for 9 months pregnancy) makes sense.

I could see a story with Lois acclimating herself to missing three years (in alt-dimension, I'm guessing?) with flashbacks on what happened to her, while she waits for Kal to join her on Earth. Perhaps a series of vignettes with some flashbacks, so it doesn't seem as such a huge story to tackle (I wish I had thought of that). Take it one day at a time, and don't worry, wherever or whatever QoC writes, Readers will come.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for the show of interest, guys. smile

Morgana: Like Virginia mentioned, Lois has only been gone long enough to have a two-year-old. The question of how 4+ years passed for her when she was only missing for 3 years is yet to be addressed.

Virginia: Lois and Zod?!!!! eek Not even on my evilest day! (Actually, I got Zal's name from a Silver Age story where Batman and Superman decide to ask a computer what Superman's life would have been like if he'd grown up on Krypton, and they're shown that he would've had a younger brother. How the computer calculated all this based on a photo of Kal-El's family is anyone's guess, but that's the Silver Age for you. laugh ) Also, thanks for the suggestion *and* the vote of confidence. smile Breaking it down like that might just be the way to go.

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hm, that's the wrong time dilation direction for near-light-speed travel, isn't it? So I guess something more sinister has been going on....

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
clap about the ending. Still, frown that Kal-el seems to be permanently gone from Lois. I really hope they get back together at some point. I hope he is still alive. Still, with him not there, I can not be quite as happy about the ending as I wish.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Morgana:
Ditto! smile1

I know its hard to push the Muse along, but honestly, this time you have gotta try!

This news was a great relief, but there was still something about his expression. Lois frowned. “Perry? What's wrong?”

He looked down, tapping a finger against the top of his desk. “Lois, Honey,” he said, “I'm not Dr. Spock, but your son seems to be close to about...four years old?”

Lois shrugged. She didn't know how to convert the time measurements, but four Earth years sounded about right for Zal. “And...?” she asked.

A little confused on this part. Care to clarify?

This story has tremendous potential!
My guess is either 1-Kryptonians age faster than earthlings. Well, that would make sense, except Lois is not prepared for this problem. So my second guess is somewhere Lois experience some time travel.

John Pack Lambert
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love the premise. I hope you continue.

My first thought is that with her continuing mental health issue, the Planet would only hire her part-time or temporarily. Lois would then have to write the non-fiction account of her experience to make ends meet. Only every publisher rejects it until she submits as science fiction.

Best seller material - twice. Once Kal arrives on earth, everyone would have to acknowledge that Lois was telling the truth. smile

Regardless, please add me to the group asking for more back story and front story.

B

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Hi, Perry,” she said, softly.

“Lois?”
Alt-Lois with a kid? confused help

Lois leaned back in her chair and took a deep breath. “Would you believe me if I said 'alien abduction'?”
wave

Oh my. So, with a 1:2 dilation, they had a year of courtship, nine months of her being pregnant, and then four years with Zal, which means she thinks she’s been gone for 5-6 years.

You better track down that muse of yours, Mary! [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard