Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#96781 08/09/13 08:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Just a slightly different take than from canon.

Please leave comments here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/06/14 12:16 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark and Lois rushed to the window.
With them embracing this is much more intimate than in canon.

taking Clark’s hand in hers.
hyper she is pulling away from Luthor.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“You’d be bleeding to death if it weren’t for him,” Perry said.
I wish it had been Lois who had pointed this out.

Luthor stared at him as if he saw Clark in a new light. “Is that true? You saved my life, Kent?”
Lois:Oh no, we don't want to tell Lex this. The less he notices Clark, the better.

“You were dying, and I couldn’t let the bad guys win.
I thought Lex living was letting the bad gauys win.

Clark felt Lois softly touch his stomach with her hand,
hyper Lois is showing real affection.

He returned the gesture,
hyper more touching.

by brushing her hand with his index finger, to let her know that he had received her message.
hyper they have mastered non-verbal communication.

Trask:I knew Superman was telepathic.

“Yeah, me either. I wanted something more like: ‘Here lies James Olsen. He lived a long full life, loved by his friends, his, wife, and his children’,”
Idon't think you need the comma between his and wife.

She lifted their joined hands up and over her head twisting them around until their arms were uncrossed, but now her front faced Clark’s back.
frown they are drawing apart.

“I don’t see this as an improvement unless you’d like me to sit your lap now,” Clark said.
hyper he is flirting with her.

flipping them around as if they were doing some sort of dance move.
Finally Lois and Clark are dancing.

Lois pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and started to work on their handcuffs again.
Well, at least her being all dolled up is useful in some way.

Clark wrapped his arms around her briefly
party voluntary touching.

and murmured in her ear, “Have I told you lately how much I love you?”
party party party expressions of love love

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She paused and glanced up at him. “No, Chuck, you haven’t,” she said,
frown that he did not express love as he brought Lois in on the Linda case.

grumble at never ending interuptions.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Once Mr. Luthor knew that Asabi did as much as he could to rescue the Lex-Clone, he might be more lenient on Asabi for the blunder of letting it and Ms. Lane go to the Daily Planet at all.
Not having gone to the DP would have truly alienated Lois. I would hope. Although considering how Luthor was so dismissive towards Lois's work in canon and she seemed to not really react, it is hard to say.

Although, Asabi wasn’t sure exactly what he could have done otherwise.
He really had no option.

“No,” Lois said abruptly to his stupid question.
Lois:What got into Lex tonight. I guess he is really scared and not thinking straight.

“That guy shot Schumack,” Clark said, nodding towards Fuentes, but didn’t offer any explanation on how he knew this.
Lois:Clark, stop showing off, otherwise Luthor might figure out CK=SM.

The handcuff fell from Clark’s wrist, and Lois’s wide eyes jumped to Clark’s face.
Lois:Oh no. He is going to reveal himself, and then insist that I can't have any relationship with him at all. This is horrible.

Clark took a step forward, straining against the other handcuff,
I'm surprised he didn't break it.

“Put them back in the pen with the others,” Fuentes clarified. “I don’t need the stench of their dead bodies distracting me.”
Interesting line. I still think he is hoping to avoid a murder on his rap sheet.

Clark turned Lois away from the door and wrapped his arms back around her as if they were still in the pretzel position that Remy had cuffed them in.
hyper for Fuentes not being as trigger happy as Remy.

It suddenly made a lot more sense to her than it had done before why Clark or Superman, or whoever was his true self, needed to have that other persona.
hyper sounds like a good idea. Although, this would require convincing Clark the curse is not a threat.

On the other hand, if she and Clark were off making love on a deserted island,
hyper this sounds like a fun story.

Perry and the Jimmys would be dealing with these psychos on their own,
But if Superman is not there to get caught, couldn't he respond better.

and Superman wouldn’t have been around to save Secretary Wallace’s life when Carpenter tried to off him for a headline the previous day.
dance finally a mention of a Superman save. Did Lois manage not to get caught by Carpenter this time. Although I am thinking that getting almost caught in Carpenter's office might be a good time for Lois to reveal she knows.

Lois:Clark, just lift us both up to the ceiling so no one sees us.

Clark: shock

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So much for a complication-free relationship.
But at least they would be actually communicating.

Just as Remy set her hand on the doorknob to the conference room, the phone in Perry’s office began to ring.
How did this happen?

“They are!” Remy retorted. “I knocked out all the phone lines above the first floor.”
Finally, it makes sense that Willie was able to get the firefighters to leave while they had no phone service in the newsroom.

Clark released Lois
frown they are moving apart.

“Yeah, fine, Tuzzo. What do you want?” Fuentes demanded. “I’ve got things to do and people to kill.”
Things are looking bad for them.

Lois squeezed Clark’s hand.
hyper they are still together.

mocking their pretzel position once more,
hyper more touching.

Clark returned a brief smile
Hmm, has he figured out that she knows?

“Since I’ve already declined Mr. Luthor’s offer of sixty million dollars, I doubt there is much you can do to persuade me otherwise,” replied Fuentes.
Tuzzolina:But we aren't back stabbers.

“What does he mean by that?” Lois asked, turning to Clark.
dance she turns to Clark for guidance. Although I am really lost by this reaction.

“My boss says he’d be okay with you releasing Ms. Lane, even though she’ll interfere with our operation here on the ground,”
Lois:Oh, when I get my hands on Henderson's neck.

“Is this guy serious?” Lois hissed. “I’m beginning to think it’s Ralph pulling some sick joke.”
Clark:You're safe with me, Lois.

“Pay him no heed, my dear,” Lex said in a soothing tone.

“He’s using reverse psychology, Lois, to get them to release you,” Clark mumbled in her ear,
dance Clark is giving the intelligent response, Lex the vapid one.

making her feel better about their chances
dance Clark is making Lois feel better.

and Detective Tuzzolino, not that she fully believed Clark.
Clark:Hey, if I was doing it, it would be saying the opposite of what I feel.

“Which one?” Remy asked, gazing over a list she pulled from her pocket.
I have to admit my favorite part of "Dead Lois Walking" was Clark's list of everyone Lois had put away.

“Kyle Griffin? Isn’t he a gunrunner?” she asked.
You do really like the prankster.

“There were. Now, they’re our bargaining chips to freedom,”
I think you want that to be "they were".

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
“For the six billionth time, boys, I belong to nobody but myself. I’m not a prized possession for you to fight over,” Lois said, jerking her hand away
This Luthor (and I dare say the main Luthor) would beg to differ.

Luthor stared at him as if he saw Clark in a new light. “Is that true? You saved my life, Kent?”

The retort ‘Don’t ask me if I’d do it again’ froze on Clark’s lips. In Luthor’s eyes, Clark saw awe and admiration, along with the unasked question: ‘Why?’ Clark cleared his throat. “You were dying, and I couldn’t let the bad guys win. Anyone would have done the same.” The phrase ‘don’t ask me if I’d do it again’ passed through his mind once more, but he kept it at bay.
You don't meet someone that would be willing to save a life even if it would benefit him everyday (at least in Clone-Luthor's eyes).

Clark wrapped his arms around her briefly and murmured in her ear, “Have I told you lately how much I love you?”

She paused and glanced up at him. “No, Chuck, you haven’t,” she said, and then continued working on the cuffs. She lowered her voice to a soft whisper, but didn’t glance his way again. “Minha already knows how much you love her. She…”
D'awwww... Clark probably hadn't even thought of that as a possibility (at least as a way to get out of the cuffs).

Is this the first time he's outright stated his love for her though? If so, I'm sure Lois is glowing internally.

It suddenly made a lot more sense to her than it had done before why Clark or Superman, or whoever was his true self, needed to have that other persona. Still, that didn’t explain why he couldn’t have just told her instead of playing this merry tune and making her dance. If she had known from the beginning… hell, at this point, she would have been happy knowing from the middle!... their lives would’ve been a whole lot less complicated.

Instead of working on taxes and making faux dates with creepy billionaires and whoring reporters from other news outlets, they could have been off on a romantic clothing-optional weekend.
angel-devil

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Be careful,” Jimmy said to his cousin as he lifted up the box. “That’s the Chief’s most prized stuff.”
He knows how to keep a job, huh?

Clark cleared his throat. “She was just checking to see if there was anything in there she wanted to keep for herself. There wasn’t.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
CLARK: But this way, I had a chance of getting her into bed twice a night.
Why is this reminding me of the secret-save fic "Unfaithful"?

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for sticking with me through thick or thin. smile1
With them embracing this is much more intimate than in canon.
Well, in canon Lois was handcuffed to Lex and nobody wants to see intimacy there.

he is ready to give up his chance with Lois.
So, do you really think he'd have a chance with Lois if he let the Jimmys die? Do ya, really? Priorities there, John!

At first she thought there were things of real value.
PERRY: They ARE valuable! That photo of Elvis was autographed.

And I think she really believed it at the time.
She did.

How did Luthor ever get so popular being so condescending?
$$$$$$$$$$ can buy lots of friends.

Clark is protecting Lois.
CLARK: Um... it's what I do.

Clark:But she is attached in more ways than you realize, Luthor.
PERRY: /covering his eyes/ Ewwww. Guys! Not now! (Sorry, that really should have been attributed to the Jimmys but they were out of the room).

Finally someone put Luthor in his place.
CLARK: evil

[getting annoyed] at never ending interuptions.
There's only a few more, I think. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Not having gone to the DP would have truly alienated Lois. I would hope. Although considering how Luthor was so dismissive towards Lois's work in canon and she seemed to not really react, it is hard to say.
Hmmm. Has anyone ever written a fic where neither Lois nor Clark were on the inside during FlyHard?

Lois:What got into Lex tonight. I guess he is really scared and not thinking straight.
PERRY: Times of stress really shine a light on someone's true personality.

Lois:Clark, stop showing off, otherwise Luthor might figure out CK=SM.
But Luthor thinks that SM carries a gun.
LOIS: Why in the world didn't I suspect an imposter?

Lois:Oh no. He is going to reveal himself, and then insist that I can't have any relationship with him at all. This is horrible.
CLARK: What? I don't have to reveal myself to do that. I mean... um... why would I do that?

I'm surprised he didn't break it.
He's restraining himself.

Interesting line. I still think he is hoping to avoid a murder on his rap sheet.
Which is why he shot Lex?

For a second there, Lois had thought Clark was going to enter Perry’s office, damning their future by revealing his secret identity.
JOHN: I was scared too.
EW /checks todo list, marks off "builds tension"./

she is understanding him.
LOIS: See! I don't need to become UW to understand what Clark's going through.
CLARK: But you look so nice in that outfit.
LOIS: True, but... Hey! You're changing the subject.

Still, he really needs to tell her. I never thought this story would go so long with Lois knowing and not telling Clark that she knows.
Neither did I. blush

Well, to be fair he was going to tell her, but then she had the idea of faking a relationship with Clark to cover a real one with Superman, and it just sort of hurt him. Although, I am not sure exactly why he took the hurt to heart so much. I guess the fact he lived 28 years as Clark and only Clark is the key. He really has to tell her about that before she can ever fully forgive him. Also, at some level the fact that Lana hated his SM side but at least pretended to like CK, makes him hypersensitive about people not liking all of him.
grumble damn bullet in my shoulder. *I* could have save her.
LOIS: Still wouldn't make me sleep with you.
LEX: But you told Clark...
LOIS: Not the same thing in the least.

Has Clark figured out that she knows? Or is he just shocked that she is facilitating his escape without knowing.
He's wondering the former and shocked at the latter.

Does he really want to run off like this, and let Luthor know he has a special connection to SM?
Did Lois say he had a special connection with SM?

Well, she is literally being held by SM.
LOIS: I prefer it when he holds me in his arms while flying, but this will do in a pinch.

Hmm, has he figured out that she knows?
Happy that Lois has shown trust in him.

Tuzzolina:But we aren't back stabbers.
Um... MPD... promise anything to robbers to get them to hand over hostages only to reneg, right?

Lois:Oh, when I get my hands on Henderson's neck.
HENDERSON: Who said that *I'm* his boss?

Clark is giving the intelligent response, Lex the vapid one.
Shows you which of them knows Lois better.

Clark:Hey, if I was doing it, it would be saying the opposite of what I feel.
Yeah, probably not a good idea to insult the hostages seriously during a standoff.

I have to admit my favorite part of "Dead Lois Walking" was Clark's list of everyone Lois had put away.
That was funny.

You do really like the prankster.
I had him on my mind earlier.

I think you want that to be "they were".
I did. Fixed. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thank you for the FDK!
This Luthor (and I dare say the main Luthor) would beg to differ.
Lex-C would beg to differ too, but it would be more whiny.

You don't meet someone that would be willing to save a life even if it would benefit him everyday (at least in Clone-Luthor's eyes).
Being that very few people treat him as human, instead of a lab mouse who could easily be replace, so yes, he was impressed by Clark.

D'awwww... Clark probably hadn't even thought of that as a possibility (at least as a way to get out of the cuffs).
Well, Lois had picked the earlier handcuff locks...

Is this the first time he's outright stated his love for her though? If so, I'm sure Lois is glowing internally.
No, but it's been a while.

wave Hope you're doing well!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Hmmm. Has anyone ever written a fic where neither Lois nor Clark were on the inside during FlyHard?
But how would that be Lois and Clark fan-fiction? Oh wait, you mean, they would still appear at some point, just not be caught.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
CLARK: Correction. I *did* tell her and she laughed in my face.
Well, she only knew that Kryptonite was said to be able to kill Superman, no one said it could weaken him. A wounded, bleading Clark definitely did not seem to be Superman.

Although, I have to say Lois's dismissiveness of what Clark said seemed to go beyond his physical weaknesses, almost to saying no one as flawed in so many ways as him could be Superman.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
But how would that be Lois and Clark fan-fiction? Oh wait, you mean, they would still appear at some point, just not be caught.
Where one was caught and the other not.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Happy Saturday! wave
He knows how to keep a job, huh?
[Linked Image]

He’s not doing his master any favors, there.
LEX-C: If I wasn't supposed to be doing Father favors, why am I here?

LEX: Huh, that fits me, too.
CLARK: Maybe if me moved him into the toilettes and reopened his wound, he could die in the crapper, too.
LOIS: [at the realization that Clark, indeed, was telepathic!]
CLARK: What? I polished up on my Elvis.
PERRY: That was just a rumor! Elvis died in the shower.

He also married below his age, didn’t he?
With Ari? No. I'm thinking with Lois he might try though.

LOIS: mad Belong? *Be-long?* [does impersonation of Volcano Valdez]
CLARK: Of course, Lois. You belong to yourself.

See?
LEX: confused huh Get off her, Kent. She is mine.
CLARK: Uh-ugh.
huh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
CLARK: Correction. I *did* tell her and she laughed in my face.
Well, she only knew that Kryptonite was said to be able to kill Superman, no one said it could weaken him. A wounded, bleading Clark definitely did not seem to be Superman.

Although, I have to say Lois's dismissiveness of what Clark said seemed to go beyond his physical weaknesses, almost to saying no one as flawed in so many ways as him could be Superman.
Yes, there was that aspect as well.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, move Lex downstairs into the locker rooms?

quote: LOIS: mad Belong? *Be-long?* [does impersonation of Volcano Valdez]

He really hopes that will stave things off?

quote: Is the clone going to kill Lex during the wedding when he learns that Lex has Clark imprisoned?
<EW likes naughty ideas>
laugh

LOIS: No, that didn't happen, because Clark's not drooling and still talking coherently.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
ER: So, move Lex downstairs into the locker rooms?
LOIS: And exactly what reason would we give for Lex stopping by to shower at the DP before heading to the opera?
CLARK: Why would we want to cover up his death, anyway? It wasn't our fault. Fuentes shot him once, I'm sure we could convince him not to miss his head on the second shot.

LOIS: mad Belong? *Be-long?* [does impersonation of Volcano Valdez]

ER: He really hopes that will stave things off?
What is Clark really without his hopes and dreams?

ER: Ah, sounds like Cmd. Chakotai wasn’t too happy about the foobar.

EW: Foobar?

ER: /jist: bad stuff/ The military reference isn’t too family friendly, though.
So, Fuentes didn't like that his plan went foobar. Nope.
REMY: And you all thought *I* was the trigger happy one in the bunch.

LOIS: If you had told me, you could have stayed all night.
CLARK: [Eek!] Well, I don't want that!
ER: Commitment issues?
Follow through issues.
CLARK: Curse-phobia, actually.

Just means that maybe it will survive a higher fall and still be able to go boom. Although, maybe not. (able to go boom)
Well, for the context of this fictional story, let's just say it works, shall we? laugh

He’s not a very good terrorist, is he?
Terrorist Trainer: Yeah, I failed him in the martyrdom class. Twice. It’s only because his daddy donated half a ton of Mayan gold to the coffers…erm…cause, that I passed him.
LEX: /shakes head/ They really don't make good criminals nowadays. They completely don't understand the concept of 'no pain, no gain'. Minions used to be a dime a dozen too, willingly lay down their lives for the Boss, with little more than a promise of a big payout, but now they want to 'survive' and have 'pensions' and 'vacations' and it's all 'what's in it for me', not 'what can I do to please the Boss more?' /groans/ I'm so lucky to still have you, Mrs. Cox. Are you sure you can still take dictation in that position?
MRS. COX: Don't worry, I'm recording this whole conversation.
LEX: shock Et tu, Brute?
MRS. COX: Again, my name ISN'T Brutus and if you confuse me for a man again, your picture will be next to the definition of 'Foobar' in the Urban Dictionary. Got it?
LEX: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Hmmmm. I see what my problem was. He LIKES women who stand up to him. So, to chase him off I have to be all needy and compliant.
LEX: Ack! She wants me! There must be something wrong with her! [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: Why would we want to cover up his death, anyway? It wasn't our fault. Fuentes shot him once, I'm sure we could convince him not to miss his head on the second shot.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard