Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was so happy to see two more parts. We are getting somewhere. It should be interesting when Kal has to deal with Ching. I can't wait to see where this goes. I think you posting small chapters more often is a good thing. You are getting the story done in little steps at a time rather then trying to write a big long chapter and posting years in between. I am happy to see your devotion to getting this story finished. Keep it coming! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Obligatory "Yay" for another chapter! Two!

He was sure that part of his exultation came from the stark difference between living daily with the red radiation poisoning and suddenly being free of it.
Yep. I've been sick and I've been well, and being well is a great blessing. When you are well after being sick, you can look back and think how differently you acted and felt while you were sick.

They needed to believe they had all the control, and using his powers, even for harmless fun, would take that feeling away.
Doesn't happen in the canon world except to people like Trask, because Superman has shown himself to be trustworthy. And, of course, that world was never overrun and conquered by the Kryptonians.

“You can't keep blaming yourself for something you did while in stasis,” Lois gently chided him. “You weren't consciously making a connection to me."
I forget. Was Kal also unconsciously sending thoughts to LL, the Lois of his world, in addition to Lois of the "Long Strange Trip" alt-world? Both of those Loises had been captured and tortured by Clone-El.

“I was – wondering about the Lois Lane of this world,” he admitted. “She seems to – trust you two – as best, I suppose as she can ever trust anyone, and I wondered how that happened? She is the obvious leader and if we are to work together, I would appreciate advice on how to interact with her so she does not feel threatened.”
No way. She'll always feel threatened and always have PTSD flashbacks at the sight or thought of Kal-El. frown

But maybe we could convince her that it's her duty to work with Kal-El? That might help, but sheer force of propinquity.

“Can you work with Ching, Kal-El, because you may have to. You have to convince your people who you are. You have to use your right as leader to end this invasion. You have to make peace with Zara and Ching in order for that to happen. You cannot let what he did to Lois get in the way of that.”
Realpolitik.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My sentiments exactly!

Two for the price of one is better than nothing at all. I await the next entry with quiet patience. wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kal-El awoke, thrilled to the energy that coursed his body. He was alive, his body thrummed with the great power that this world's sun gifted him.
Somebody’s go-ot hi-igh.

He couldn't risk upsetting the Earth people.
/insert angry villagers from Frankenstein’s Monster/

Facing Lois would be difficult every time he did it, but if she could steel herself to bear his presence, he could do no less – he couldn't be afraid of her fears.
Fear can be a powerful weapon.

“Want some coffee,” asked Clark. “I made it, so you have nothing to fear.”
Sorry, Clark. But that one’s going to be lost on Kal-El.
Kal-El: I shouldn’t eat what Lois cooks?

“This contains a substance called caffeine that is supposed to help people stay alert,” Clark told Kal conversationally. “It doesn't hurt us any.”
I also helps to keep Lois calm and balanced.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“No,” he got up and started to pace, letting his emotions show somewhat – something that he'd been cautioned against doing by his many advisors all those years ago.
Lois and Lane: Great, now he’s pacing. Let’s hope the upstairs neighbors won’t mind.

“Because you weren't able to predict this would happen,” Kent asked, understanding Kal's feelings. “You think it's your fault because you should have known better?”
/points at Minority Report/ Not instituting a secret thought police in a world filled with telepaths and feudalism seems downright negligent.

“But to kidnap you, clone you and replace you? That sounds a little … unpredictable,” Clark argued. “I mean, who could begin to think something like that would happen to them?”
/Kent and Lane raise their hands/ To be fair, maybe not the first couple of times…

Kal-El flicked a guilty look at Lois. He knew Lane was correct, but he didn't want to admit it in front of Lois. Despite what he knew his duty to be, he could not bear to hurt Lois.
But he could still have him live in Antarctica wearing a kilt after exposing him to the Red Sun.

And two more parts already posted! wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard