Next Thread
Print Thread
#96647 07/30/13 03:53 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Just a quick note on the Career tributes and districts:

Districts 1, 2, and 4 are favorites of Capitol. Kids in them train for the Games from a very young age, and a large proportion of the winners are from the Career districts. It's a way the Capitol keeps the districts divided -- those whose children are able to train have far more survivors, and it creates resentment from those whose children don't train.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#96648 07/30/13 04:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm guessing that the brunette from District 3 is Lois Lane.

#96649 07/31/13 01:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I'm guessing that the brunette from District 3 is Lois Lane.
Me, too. wink

I have no knowledge about Hunger Games, but I'm following the story and getting the gist of it. They have a scary prospect ahead of them. And Clark has the additional possibility of stumbling upon kryptonite. shock What does he intend to do? He can't be killed (unless there's kryptonite involved) and he doesn't kill. Can there be more than one winner or do they have to fight until there's just one left?

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#96650 07/31/13 02:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Andreia,

The idea is that there is supposed to be a single survivor.

In the movie the Capitol's hand was forced when the two finalists, who had been promised that they would both be allowed to live, had the promise withdrawn so they threatened to commit suiside leaving no winner. Capitol backed down allowing both to live.

That is where the ultimate quandry will come in. Clark wants to protect Becky and now Lois is involved. With Kryptonite in the picture even his survival can be in question. Also, don't forget about Trask. He could also stick his ugly nose in.

There are so many ways Anne can go with this story it is mind boggling.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#96651 07/31/13 08:11 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't know if you've read the books, but it's the same in the books. Snow was very unhappy with them and that led to a lot of the events in book 2 with Snow actively looking for a reason to get rid of them. Fun. I'll bet that with the addition of Lois and Clark, things are going to go very differently in this one. smile1

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#96652 08/02/13 01:32 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh! Sorry I finally got around to writing this comment.

“Leave the girl alone.” Matilda came to Becky’s defense. “She’s probably never had a decent meal in her life. Besides, what does it matter? She’ll be dead in a week anyway.”

At this, Becky went white. She choked on her mouthful of food for a moment, then dropped her spoon and ran from the table.
Poor thing! Imagine knowing that you are too weak and sickly to compete in the games. Knowing your life is ticking away. This child should be in school, not fighting for her life in the games. What a revolting government the Capitolites are!

Clark’s attention was drawn for a moment to the female tribute from District 3, a pretty brunette who faced the audience with her chin raised proudly, her eyes defiant. That girl isn’t going down without a fight, he thought to himself.
Lois!

In the end, he tucked himself tightly into bed so he wouldn’t float when he fell asleep.

Sleep never came to him, though. Clark lay awake the whole night, staring at the ceiling and dreading the days to come.
With valid reason....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard