Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

Corrina.

#96491 07/18/13 07:53 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another awesome chapter. Each time I see you have posted another part of this story I can't wait to read it. The almost revelation to Lois was perfect, can't wait for the next chapter!

#96492 07/19/13 06:24 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
When Clark asked about Lois's surname and took a drink, I was expecting that to be a setup for him to choke and spit his drink everywhere when he recognized her name. I'm conflicted between being disappointed that she didn't tell him and glad that she stayed in character by not telling him. She has every reason to expect that he wouldn't recognize her name, so him knowing it doesn't help anything, but not telling him helps her keep that part of her life in the past.

I was also wondering whether she'd mention Perry's name. Even just his first name should, along with her description of him, make Clark think it could be Perry White. Since Clark mentioned his parents' names, it didn't seem far-fetched that she would name Perry.

I assume that sooner or later Clark will figure out who she is. You're just teasing us by letting them get so close to a reveal without going through with it. smile

I wonder whether Clark would ever "feel" divorced without going through it legally in America. He's feeling more disconnected from Lana in this chapter, but would there be a nagging guilt in the back of his mind if he got involved with Lois without ever legally divorcing Lana? Assuming he gets his powers back, he could fly back and deal with it so that he can marry Lois with a clear conscience (also assuming that he tells her he's an alien and she's fine with it). I guess he might not want to do that, though, because he'd be afraid of Tempus attacking him again or getting arrested for beating Lana. He knows that he never hurt her, but it's probably difficult to prove that, especially if she can get some friends to lie for her about having seen bruises. It's simpler for him all around to just stay in Africa and never go back and deal with Lana.

Or maybe he can be declared divorced by Bangala law or tradition and that would satisfy his conscience.

Speaking of Lana, I've wondered this whole time whether her baby-daddy is Tempus, just because he'd want to mess with Clark like that. I can also see Tempus wanting her to wait to tell Clark that the baby isn't his so that Clark can get so excited about being a dad and have that ripped away from him. I've also wondered whether she actually knows that the baby isn't Clark's, or whether she just assumes that, or whether she thinks it might be his (or knows that it is) and just wants to have nothing to do with him anymore.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96493 07/19/13 06:27 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
It double-posted.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96494 07/19/13 07:29 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a great chapter, even if I wish Lois and Clark would start really telling eachother things.

smile at Lois's interesting definition of "I can't have a baby". It does take a little bit of thought twisting to make it work, but I guess it is technically true.

dance that Lois said she loves him. dance that he is forgetting Lana. frown that Diddi interrupted, again.

John Pack Lambert
#96495 07/20/13 04:04 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
It's great, that Clark is starting to understand, that his marriage to Lana is in the past, and Lois with Diddi are his future.
Looking forward to the next part.

KateB
#96496 07/20/13 10:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had to laugh at the Diddi Interruptus. Argh! lol

Looking forward to the next post!!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#96497 08/04/13 01:52 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
hope you're ok - looking forward to more :-)

#96498 08/27/13 02:59 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lovely to hear from you, Elizabeth. Glad you're enjoying.

MrsM Good points. Perhaps the revelation in this story won't be the standard CK=S revelation wink Interesting speculation about Lana.

John Sometimes the simple way (just blurting out everything) doesn't make for the best story. It might be frustrating now, but hopefully, the wait will seem worth it in the end.

Kate That's a big step for Clark. He always figured marriage was forever.

Kismatt Some things don't change, even if there is no Jimmy!

Sarah Thanks for your concern. Life has been really busy - family wedding coming - and I've been working on my original character story.

Thanks for the FDK, everyone. I appreciate your input. clap

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard