Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

And so, the pieces start to come together... evil

Comments welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/06/14 12:26 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness. I can't tell you how much I loved this part.

I'm so looking forward to seeing how you handle this episode. Cat knows, Lois knows ... will Clark be able to do more this time than last time.

And Cat might be about to break open the LexClone situation.

And Cat's soul mate ... *awwww* I hope Clark can do something about this for her ... please.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay for Cat and Philled. hyper

thanks!

rkn
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
This chapter was awesome. I had suspected that Phil wasn't actually married - that his "family" that he went on vacation with was his parents and siblings rather than a wife and children. I hope that he and Cat can get back together. smile

Cat is going to see that Lois is with "Lex", but I'm not sure whether she will make the leap from that to Clone. Having an adult clone that is passable as the real thing is pretty far-fetched. I'm wondering whether it would be considered quite as far-fetched in a world with an alien flying around town. She might think that he's got a twin brother that no-one knows about.

I wonder how clone Lex (I forget his designation... is it Lex C?) is going to behave that will seem off to Lois. He's already acted a bit out of character.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So far I like this part, I am glad to see Lois finally investigating Luthor for real.

What was it was about Lex which first set Clark’s teeth on edge about the man?
I think you want to drop the second was from that line.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
OK I am mainly party about this part, but still a little frown that we do not technically get Lois and Clark together, although since he hears her heart beat at the end things are going well.

I guess we learned a little more about the Lois/Clark reconciliation.

I am really worried about the next scene though. Lois told Clark she would do her taxes this weekend, and now she is spending time with Luthor. That is going to really be a blow to him.

Opening the door to Lex’s office, Lois went directly to his desk.
Finally she is investigating for real.

She knew she had only a couple of minutes before Lex returned;
Probably right there, although it won't be the same Lex. Will she get a hint of the change?

even less for Nigel, who she was surprised hadn’t remained in the room to keep a watchful eye on her.
Luthor had become too arrogant for his own good.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He did have a habit of scooping up failing companies, which were usually faltering for no apparent reason.
Maybe that is a new angle for you to investigate Ms. Lane.

Did he really have a conference call on a Saturday night?
At least she is scrutinizing his actions. This is something she seemed to do too little of in canon.

She was amazed that she hadn’t questioned the integrity of a man who collected weapons when she had first entered this room during the White Orchid Ball.
Well, it isn't like he has a stock-pile of uzzies here.

She scowled, turning back to his desk, as she bet that Clark had.
To be fair, Clark was not getting distracted by over-the-top praise.

They meant nothing. Right?
Me thinks she doth protest too much.

What had he picked up upon that Lois hadn’t seen?
The self-absorbed man who names everything after himself. Maybe it is just that he has more experience detecting bad guys, he is older than her after all.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Was it Lex’s obvious interest in her, or was it something more nefarious?
I have to admit I think Luthor taking an interest in Lois was the key to Clark being distrustful of him.

She would have to ask Clark about it, when they finally could get together privately to have that long overdue talk.
I want that scene now.

There was nothing outwardly personal on Lex’s desk, no photographs – not that Lex had loved ones anyway.
So he has not told her about any of his children.

Lex:And those would be "loved ones" how?

The sturdy locks on his desk drawers required her lock-picking set, which she hadn’t thought to bring with her. Idiot!
Clark:So much for her claims to be investigating the guy.

As her eyes coasted over his desk again, she noticed that none of the lines on his phone was lit up.
I would think his private and business lines would be separate, so this is not too surprising.

Had he lied to her about the call?
Finally she has a correct thought about Luthor's actions.

Was Mrs. Cox aware of Lex’s illegal activities?
Most likely, he has to have some high-level confederates.

Lois’s hand froze as her heart began to race in fear.
She is remembering her past, horrible life in that place.

Why would Lex want to finance a mental institution?
Is the perfect way to get rid of opponants.

Then again, why would he want to help homeless children?
It is a good front for starting them early as operatives in his criminal enterprise.

Her fingernail stopped at the name Dr. Arianna Carlin.
Hopefully she follows up on this lead.

Again, a wave of recognition washed over her like the foul stench of a paper processing plant.
smile1 she is remembering the past.

Whoever that woman was, Lois didn’t want to have anything to do with her. She pocketed the name into her memory banks and continued.
Finally she is making progress in her investigation.

Wasn’t there a Truesdale on the board of directors at the Daily Planet?
I'm actually somewhat surprised Lois knows this. The Board of Directors is not often a known set of people to employees.

Why would Lex be in contact with someone who controlled the Daily Planet?
To try and take it over of course, why else does he ever contact boards of directors.

Could she and Clark have been wrong? Could the Daily Planet's current financial problems be linked to something other than Preston Carpenter’s unethical news-creating and scooping techniques?
Luthor:Of course they are wrong, I always am two steps ahead of everyone else.

smile1 at the "she and Clark", both with the same set of thoughts line. frown that we did not learn more of the climx of that investigation.

It was locked, but luckily, Lois’s semi up-do came equipped with bobby pins.
Clark:I am glad she doesn't just look pretty for Luthor's enjoyment. I wish I could spend more time with her.

Reader:If you were not such an inconsistent stickler for following rules, you could be spending all your time with her in Smallville.

There, third file in, was a large one on the Daily Planet.
frown that she did not bring her mini-cam to photograph all the documents.

The file contained financial projections on the newspaper, lists of assets versus expenditures, lists of the largest advertisers, some of whom had abandoned the paper over the recent months after years of mutual satisfaction,
You know, the more I think about it, the more this explantion makes more sense than just the Met Star driving things down. Papers rely more on advertiser dollars, and especially before the recent rise of Craig's list, on classifieds. Circulation is more important for getting advertiser dollars than direct money from sales, but a few incidents of getting scooped should not make or break the paper.

personnel lists, a history of the Daily Planet building,
This is getting suspicios.

including a copy a structural analysis and a layout of the different offices and departments,[/Quotes]

Sounds like he already plans to bomb the place.

[Quote]personal information on each of the board members.
I really wish she had that mini-cam.

Why would Lex be researching the Daily Planet so thoroughly?
She underestimates how obsessed with her he is.

She wondered as she returned the file to the cabinet. Two files back, she found a thinner one on the Metropolis Star, which made her feel better.
She should not expect Luthor to make his plans too obvious.

Perhaps he was just researching the competition to LNN.
And I own a bridge in Brooklyn.

She flipped through the file but didn’t see anything near to the detail as in the Daily Planet folder.
Hopefully her suspicions will remain properly heightened. Hopefully they can avoid the bombing here.

Mostly, it was personal background on the Met Star’s newly arrested publisher.
frown that we did not get to actually see that happen.

Other than the obvious answer: the Metropolis Star wasn’t competition for either Luthor News Network or the Daily Planet.
Does it have any credibility now that Lois and Clark have taken it down?

From what Clark and Linda had told her of Preston Carpenter,
I'm still shocked she talked to Linda.

she doubted he would ever sell to Lex Luthor, even from jail, and she knew in the pit of her stomach Lex wasn’t interested in Carpenter’s paper anyway.
smile1 she actually has some sense about her.

Did Lex not route his personal calls through the LexCorp line?
Makes sense, he would not want his office staff to know about his private calls.

What kind of conference call would be ‘personal’ enough to take on his home line though?
A call with one or more of his mistresses.

A quick glance to the clock on the mantel showed that Lex and Nigel had left Lois alone for five minutes.
Luthor has clearly gotten cocky, if he thinks it is safe to leave Lois where she can so easily find his DP investigation folder.

She hadn’t worn her LoLex watch tonight.
grumble grumble

“Asabi will be driving us to the Luthor Conservatory of Music in the Daimler Limousine,”
So much for my theory that Asabi is permanently in the arc, but I am guessing that is where he has mainly been, and even think such was stated earlier.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She knew, just knew, Lex had a way to sneak all his paramours in and out of Lex Tower without anyone being the wiser.
Lois:How many times do I have to tell cat there is nothing going on between me and Lex?

It only made sense that he wasn’t using the same parking garage as everyone else who came to Lex Tower,
Luthor:And have to compete with the peoons, never.

but she never figured the entrance was a block away from the building.
Makes sense, he needs a spacious garage for all his cars.

Even though Cat had insisted that Lois tell her the next time Lex picked her up in his limousine, so she could tail them on her Moped, Lois had done nothing of the sort.
Lois:What did she expect after she put that photo of me and Lex in the paper, and drove another wedge between me and Clark.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Fortunately, Cat had overheard Lois agree to let Lex pick her up in his limousine for their date at the opera.
Lois:This is not a date. It is just two friends going to enjoy art.

Clark:It's a date. You won't even stick with me at the magic of the night ball.

Lois:I meant to. It's just that I have to further my investigation of Luthor.

Clark:Why?

She watched as Lex Luthor, dressed in a different suit and tie than he had worn earlier that evening when he had picked up Lois,
I guess he switched clothes with the clone. Although, why not just have two identical suits, so the clone can wear the exact same clothes. This change does not make sense to me. Unless Lois kissed his collar. Shudder at the horror of it. Shudder at Lois letting Lex kiss her ever, in any way, anywhere.

exited the elevator and went over to a side door, slipping inside. Cat was curious what Lex was doing down here without Lois.
He starts two-timing women before the wedding.

In her black leggings, black turtleneck, black knit cap, and black sneakers, Cat blended into the shadows
She could be a cat burglar.

and could move silently through the echoing garage, but she decided to err on the side of caution and stay put.
Too bad she does not have a gun to shot the crook.

She pulled out a pair of binoculars
Hopefully these are black.

from her satchel and pointed them at the door Lex had entered. A few minutes later, he exited carrying a dusty bottle of wine. Cat’s brow furrowed, and glanced down at the watch on her wrist. It was a little late for Lex to be retrieving wine for his date with Lois.
Lex:Why? We can drink wine in the limo, and at the opera? I under-estimated her enthusiasm and how much she would have already drunk.

The opera started in just under an hour.
So wait, is this almost 15 minutes earlier then the last scene?

She wondered as Lex drove out of the garage,
smile1 grumble at Superman not getting to save Lois enough in this story. grumble at no save from Harrison, or the tidal wave.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois wasn’t alone in the back of the car.
Maybe it is Lois who is two-timing Lex.

and Cat might need to make a call to her best friend.
Lois: smile1 at least some people are properly suspicious of Luthor.

This wasn’t the most direct route to the Luthor Conservatory of Music.
And why would they go there is they have ditched Luthor?

The car stopped to the side of the Daily Planet building, and Cat wondered if her initial hunch about the opera date having been broken was right and Lois was returning to the work.
Nah, she is not "returning to work", she is going to meet up with her true-love, Clark, who just happens to be at work. OK, I don't think that, but it would make sense for Cat to think such.

The chauffeur stepped out and walked around to let Lois and someone who looked an awful lot like Lex out of the car.
Theorizing this is Luthor's twin is probably the most likely theory for Cat to come up with at this point. Although maybe he did a switch up the car and come back, but even if that was allowed by the time, it makes no sense.

Had Lex driven the bottle of wine somewhere nearby in the Jaguar, and then doubled back on foot to go to the opera with Lois in the limousine?
Makes no sense at all. Why move the jaguar at all if you will not use it?

She would need figure out a way to discover the truth and she probably had less than five minutes before Lois and whoever accompanied her returned to the limo.
Two points. I think you need to have another to in the sentence. Also, why does Cat assume a short stay at the planet? If it isn't Luthor, then why assume she is going to the opera still at all.

Inside she dropped her helmet and black knit hat inside.
You probably only need one of the uses of inside.

She fished around inside her compartment and pulled out a pair of black wedge high-heels.
I was wondering if Cat would show up at the office, and if she did how that would fit with what had happened so far.

the blonde equivalent of Clark Kent.
He still does not have Superman powers, so my man is better.

He was tall and gorgeous and wore both a sport jacket and glasses, and no wedding ring.
Many married men don't.

The man continued to stare at her chest, and then gulped. “George. George Filmonterton,” he said, shaking her hand.
So that is where George came from.

Clark glanced up from the pile of papers on his desk as the elevator dinged, and Jimbo walked out.
I guess it makes sense to have Jimbo instead of Jack.

Jimbo tagged Jimmy’s arm with his rolled up magazine. “So, I’m guessing movie night’s off?”
This seems much smarter on Clark's part, his doing the taxes in canon when he had promised a movie night seemed a bit rude.

“Hey, listen to this, CK,” Jimbo said, folding over the front half of the magazine to read. “‘Dear Love Fortress International’…”
I guess we do already know that Jimmy likes LFI, but still.

“James,” Clark attempted again.
He is reverting to the old dimension.

“‘There I had the most amazing twenty-four hours of my life.
24 hours, shock

I won’t go into details, beyond saying it wasn’t just a meeting of bodies, but a meeting of souls.
I am shocked Spencer Spencer printed this letter with the main details ignored.

“Mr. Olsen!” Clark repeated louder,
He really has reverted to his other dimension.

“No, wait. Did you say ‘auburn-haired beauty’ and ‘copier’?” Clark asked, rubbing his forehead. That would be too much of a coincidence.
I expected it. Narrative efficiency says this detail has to relate. If you did not have that, this story would be truly unmanageable.

‘Dear Filled in Metropolis...’ I’ve got to say, CK, that’s an awful tag line.”

“‘Filled’ as in ‘Phil’? P-H-I-L?” Clark guessed.
Oh, I thought Spencer Spencer was just going for the potential double entendre with the name.

Jimbo pointed at him. “You know, I bet you’re right. Genius!”
Clark:It helps when you know before hand.

“You can’t stop there, Jimbo.
If it stops Jimbo's reading of LFI, the world might be a better place.

It couldn’t be the same Phil, Cat’s Phil.
Of course it is, otherwise narrative convention would be too heavily destroyed.

she wrecked the machine again, just to have her way with me one more time.
Only once more?

I swear she was insatiable.’ That’s funny. You’d think he was talking about Cat Grant with that description.”
Who else, anywhere?

I read that her office had been sprayed by a love-potion,
Any question that it was the DP is now gone.

and that everyone had gone crazy in love, doing things they normally wouldn’t during the time I made my service call.’ Gee, CK, do you think he’s talking about the Daily Planet?”
Now we know why Phil did not call. party I was right that Cat misinterpreted his family.

should I risk losing out on my soul mate and spending my life alone to keep from ruining my one perfect encounter?
Sounds like a really stupid plan to me. He really does not loose anything if he talks to her again, and the potential gain is worth the embarrassment.

On the other hand, I’ll be moving back to Houston this summer,
So he is going back to NASA. Hmm, is that what happened to Cat?

and if I don’t call, and she feels the same way I do, I may never get a second chance.
See, he really has nothing to lose. If she rejects him, he ends up alone, but he is alone anyway, so there is no real loss.

This should be your next investigation. Find this woman and make a love match! True love wins out! Mr. White would totally go for that story.”
Clark:He didn't even go for such stories with Mr. Olsen on his back trying to get him to. Hard news all the way he would always say.

Clark sighed. Cat had said she was over Phil, but was she really?
She may say she is, but I don't believe her.

Should he butt in and tell her about Phil’s letter to Love Fortress International or keep out of it?
He should tell her. Give people options.

Apparently, Phil wasn’t married after all. It had all been a huge misunderstanding.
I always thought Cat rushed to that conclusion with too little evidence. Family does not have to include a wife, at any age, ever. Among other things, wives die.

“Now, you’re talking! Fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and olives,” Jimmy said, sticking his head out the door.
I have to say I like the sound of that pizza, although I have only rarely had tomatoes on pizza.

“Cuz, if it goes on a salad, it doesn’t belong on a pizza,” Jimbo hollered back. “How about Canadian bacon and pineapple instead?”
Jimmy:I put pineapple and Canadian bacon on my salads.

The elevators dinged again. This time, Clark heard a familiar heartbeat approaching.
What? What? you end here, so actually letting Clark see Lois. frown

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My apologies for being so far behind on answering FDK. blush I'm just trying to keep up with my writing.

KatherineKent: Thank you for the comments.
Oh my goodness. I can't tell you how much I loved this part.
dance No, it's okay. You can tell me. laugh

I'm so looking forward to seeing how you handle this episode. Cat knows, Lois knows ... will Clark be able to do more this time than last time.
He will? Um... okay. Sure. Luckily, one of my Betas has FlyHard as her favorite episode. So, I had to really go to bat.

And Cat might be about to break open the LexClone situation.
[Linked Image]

And Cat's soul mate ... *awwww* I hope Clark can do something about this for her ... please.
We'll see, if he doesn't get too... er... tied up.

rkn: Hey! Thanks for dropping in.

Yay for Cat and Philled.
Good thing Cat won't get distracted by any tall, blond, and hunky men around. evil

mrsMxyzptlk: Gee, I should let Lois and Lex go on dates more often. laugh What? That's not the part you liked? Hmmmm. wink I'm glad you enjoyed it.

This chapter was awesome. I had suspected that Phil wasn't actually married - that his "family" that he went on vacation with was his parents and siblings rather than a wife and children. I hope that he and Cat can get back together.
Gee, you don't think I'd put so much effort into a character just to kill them off, do you? [Linked Image]

Cat is going to see that Lois is with "Lex", but I'm not sure whether she will make the leap from that to Clone. Having an adult clone that is passable as the real thing is pretty far-fetched. I'm wondering whether it would be considered quite as far-fetched in a world with an alien flying around town. She might think that he's got a twin brother that no-one knows about.
We'll have to see, but I have to agree, I doubt someone's first leap of logic would be to "clone" even if one had met one before... which these characters haven't.

I wonder how clone Lex (I forget his designation... is it Lex C?) is going to behave that will seem off to Lois. He's already acted a bit out of character.
Lex-C. It's a mix of Lex-Clone, the third (C) Lex Clone, and I love how it sounds like "Lexy". Good thing he won't be going through a stressful situation which might make babies out of grown men. Thanks for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: I'm glad you like it. laugh

So far I like this part, I am glad to see Lois finally investigating Luthor for real.
It's hard to sneak through his files, because usually between him and Nigel, she's never left alone with anything sensitive (unless they WANT her to find it).

I think you want to drop the second was from that line.
I think I changed around the phrasing of that line right before posting. Thanks for the catch. Fixed.

OK I am mainly [partying] about this part, but still a little sad that we do not technically get Lois and Clark together, although since he hears her heart beat at the end things are going well.
Yes, the fun is just about to begin. drool so I should be more obvious? /Note to self: make Lois Clone./

Hopefully her suspicions will remain properly heightened. Hopefully they can avoid the bombing here.
LOIS: eek bombing! No, I don't like those in the least.
PERRY: None of us do, honey.

Does it have any credibility now that Lois and Clark have taken it down?
PERRY: It had credibility before that?

From what Clark and Linda had told her of Preston Carpenter,
JOHN: I'm still shocked she talked to Linda.
LOIS: Better to be in the loop than not included. /Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer/ Linda! Lex!
CLARK: huh

Makes sense, he would not want his office staff to know about his private calls.
But if Lex IS LexCorp, there really isn't anything one wouldn't do for the other, so does Lex even have a private life? Since everyone he dates is for business reasons of some sort or another.

LEX: I don't let LexCorp into my bedroom, if that's what you're asking.

MRS. COX: Good thing company funds are never used for personal expenditures... or for paying for guests... or their services.

LEX: Why? Look at the time? I have an opera to head of to. Tally-o!

A call with one or more of his mistresses.
LEX: Head's up, Hos! I'm firing all of you because I'm in love with Lois and will only be boinking her from now on. Tootles!

Luthor has clearly gotten cocky, if he thinks it is safe to leave Lois where she can so easily find his DP investigation folder.
Locked drawer. Assistant's office. Lois wouldn't dare...

LEX: She'll see how much I care.

NIGEL: [Linked Image]

[double parties at John's] she is not wearing the watch. Although I have to admit I am a little afraid, because that means if Lex does kidnap her, Clark will have no tracking system to find her.
Hmmmm. I didn't think about that aspect. Kind of negates the reason for giving Cat the code, doesn't it?

LOIS: Come on, guys! It's giving me a rash and doesn't go with my dress. Plus, Clark really hates it. Can't I leave it at home this one time? Please!

Now he rushing to the office makes sense. I guess this is basically what they explained in canon, just with more detail.
Trying to explain what her excuse was.

I wonder if Luthor is engineering this as well.
LEX: I have no idea what you could be suggesting. <<rubs hands together with glee>>

The clone is already exposed.
LOIS: Oh, he better not be thinking of exposing himself!

Although I guess seeing new behavior and understanding the cause are not the same thing.
Exactly.

This makes her stopping by the planet make even more sense.
LOIS: Thank you. See, I'm not an idiot.

Perry:Maybe it is time that I had Lois and Clark actually work together on their investigations of Luthor. They might start making real progress that way.
[Linked Image]

Lois:What, you expected me to just look pretty in your dinning room for five minutes. I have a life beyond you.
LEX: Yes. <<and>> You do?

So how long until she decides this is not really Lex at all?
Why would she think that? Because he's acting strange?

How long is the drive to the Luthor conservatory?
Well, nobody likes to arrive after the curtain opens, because then you can't be seated. Plus, need to navigate Metropolis traffic.

dance she is now showing proper fear of Lex's actions.
Suspicions, not fear.

sad that she did not sneak on the elevator and discover the people trapped in the arc while Lex was away.
She doesn't have the code, and it would have taken too long.

So much for her investigating Luthor, if she gets so distracted by him feeding her useless plot points on the opera. It is almost like she is really dating him.
So, she should ignore him completely?

So much for my theory that Asabi is permanently in the arc, but I am guessing that is where he has mainly been, and even think such was stated earlier.
He's liaison between Lex and the L.U.C., since Lex usually isn't there (i.e. available to the ark-ites). Lex-C lives down there too, so Asabi is also in charge of his care and training.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Lois:How many times do I have to tell cat there is nothing going on between me and Lex?
CAT: Sounds to me like she's protesting too much.

LOIS: clap
LEX: But I've been waiting in this line for 45 minutes! What do you mean it's now closed?

she is going to go find the arc.
My! That would be a surprise, wouldn't it? Something happening quickly in my story. laugh

she did not explore the wine cellar.
Why would she?

If the exit is watched, wouldn't they have seen her come in?
Do security personnel get paid above minimum wage?

Maybe it was not nearly 15 minutes, maybe she was generously rounding.
Maybe her clock and Lex's aren't lined up.

Clark: party She gave him back that stupid watch and told him what she really things. Oh happy day.
LOIS: I don't date men who don't do their own taxes!
LEX: You're kidding me, right?

Clark:What is the point of being a hero if there is no Lois?
Because it's better than being a villain?
TEMPUS: Villain pay is better.
LEX: More freedom to do whatever you want.

Hmm, come to think of it, has Superman rescued her since the earth was saved from Nightfall-lite? This is another reason why we want to know what happened with the end of the Carpenter situation, did Superman save Lois or not? grumble at Superman not getting to save Lois enough in this story. grumble at no save from Harrison, or the tidal wave.
No freezer scene, so no save. I guess I'll explain what happened when I bring Linda back. SM doesn't save Lois from Harrison in canon either. Don't worry, there will be plenty of other times he'll save her... if she's still around to save.
LOIS: What?
EW: What? What?
LOIS: What did you just say to Clark? He's crying again.
EW: Who me? No idea. Got to go run. Look more FDK! [Linked Image]

Maybe it is Lois who is two-timing Lex.
CLARK: Great. Now, she's three-timing me!

And why would they go there is they have ditched Luthor?
Because that was where they were supposed to go?

Theorizing this is Luthor's twin is probably the most likely theory for Cat to come up with at this point. Although maybe he did a switch up the car and come back, but even if that was allowed by the time, it makes no sense.
But she's confused because for a very rich powerful man, nobody has ever heard of this twin.

Makes no sense at all. Why move the jaguar at all if you will not use it?
LEX: I was bored with it. So, I parked it on the street to be stolen and recoup the insurance money?

Two points. I think you need to have another to in the sentence. Also, why does Cat assume a short stay at the planet? If it isn't Luthor, then why assume she is going to the opera still at all.
1) Fixed. Thanks. 2) Why would Luthor allow Lois to bring his twin back to the Planet for an interview?

You probably only need one of the uses of inside.
clap

What? What? you end here, so actually letting Clark see Lois.
Do you really want to see what happens AFTER I open the elevators and THEN cut it off due to length?

Thanks, as always, for your comments! notworthy

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So, if Lex had lavished Clark with praise, it would have made him trust Lex more?
Maybe if it was Lexa.

Now I am thinking they should have had Mayson Drake be a full blown villain, totally in cahoots with Intergang, and Clark be too smitten by her to see this.

If he didn't tell canon Lois he had been married, why would he mention the kids?
Although he did tell canon Lois he had an illegitimate child, that he claimed had died. Thus, they were not that surprised to learn that Jaxon was Lex's child.

Although this leads to another issue. Was the relationship of Lex with Lex, Jr.'s mother ever clear. Maybe Lois would have been his third wife.

Possibly. But who has personal conference calls.
It actually is a good way to connect the whole family if you have children in multiple cities. For someone like Lex it does not seem that unlikely. OK, his wanting to talk to his children, maybe, but not anything else.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Now I am thinking they should have had Mayson Drake be a full blown villain, totally in cahoots with Intergang, and Clark be too smitten by her to see this.
Yes, why couldn't Clark fall for the villain every once in a while? :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Now I am thinking they should have had Mayson Drake be a full blown villain, totally in cahoots with Intergang, and Clark be too smitten by her to see this.
Yes, why couldn't Clark fall for the villain every once in a while? :rolleyes: [/b]
Well, he does let Diana Stride kiss him. Although that did not seem to really make any sense to me.

At least Lois sees through the Bill Church faster than anyone else. In fact, in "Individual Responsibility" I am surprised she does not push back against Perry more with stuff like "well, we all, except Clark, thought Luthor was a good man too" when Perry tries to defend Bill Church Jr. with mention of him being a philanthropist.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So, skip past FlyHard?
Well, since we get help later on, I can't say I want to skip it. Lois and Clark help is always fun.

So, she should ignore him completely?
I have to admit I liked the scene where she does that in "Fall of the House of Luthor". Although I think I "watched" it at least 3 times before I was willing to not skip that scene. Luthor's line about "Othello was really written by Dr. Seuss" was funny, although I am still shock he encouraged her to call Clark.

Why would she think that? Because he's acting strange?
This is Lois Lane, she can find the solution to any problem with virtually no evidence.

Well, Cat takes Phil into the copier room when the models are there and is still there for Clark to see via x-ray the next day.
Actually when he sees her and Phil via x-ray is later that day, about when he gets Lois to give him a minute, which she holds him to rigorously, getting him back as soon as possible.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
even less for Nigel, who she was surprised hadn’t remained in the room to keep a watchful eye on her.
Well, Mini-Lex hasn’t yet learned how to tie his shoes.

He did have a habit of scooping up failing companies, which were usually faltering for no apparent reason.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois sat down at his neat desk, drumming her fingers on its solid wood surface.
Is a secret door going to pop open?

She looked at the items on the desk: a lamp, a cigar box,
Oooh! She should have brought some cuare with her.

His collection of ancient weapons drew her gaze.
Is she going to find Mrs. Cox’s panties stuck in the door?
Mrs. Cox: Doubtful. I don’t wear any to the office.

Was it Lex’s obvious interest in her, or was it something more nefarious?
CLARK: I fail to see the difference…

Had he lied to her about the call?
Why would he lie? confused

Mrs. Cox was but a minnow in Lex’s pond; he was the grouper.
Groper. wink

Was Mrs. Cox aware of Lex’s illegal activities?
Someone has to keep track of his appointments.

Whoever that woman was, Lois didn’t want to have anything to do with her.
And yet, she did plan on boinking her ex-husband on their wedding day.

Could she and Clark have been wrong? Could the Daily Planet's current financial problems be linked to something other than Preston Carpenter’s unethical news-creating and scooping techniques?
Can’t be.

She gulped, jumped to her feet, and headed directly to Mrs. Cox’s filing cabinet. It was locked, but luckily, Lois’s semi up-do came equipped with bobby pins.
So, those are less sturdy than Lex’s desk?

Other than the obvious answer: the Metropolis Star wasn’t competition for either Luthor News Network or the Daily Planet.
The other is that one employs Linda King, the other Superman’s main squeeze.

She groaned. “But… but… Fine. Thanks for the heads up, Ricky,” she said. Duncan was supposed to be her infallible link to the stock trading scandal that she wrote about for tomorrow’s morning edition.
Right. Forgot about that blush

She could feel his gaze slowly travel down her body and then back up, pausing at her chest on the way to her face. A beaming, yet sly, smile burst across his face fleetingly before he buried it.

Okay. That was new.
Maybe Lois should invest in some carry-on mace and a chastity belt.

but Lex’s reaction still surprised her. It wasn’t like him at all.
Seems almost like a fratboy, huh?

Lex thought about this answer, and then nodded. “Okay, but next time: ask.”

“You and Nigel had gone upstairs, Lex. Who was I supposed to have asked?” she shot back.
He does sound less refined.
NIGEL: Sir, maybe we should have the clone perform the mob-duties in the future.
LEX: But I *like* shooting people. Oh…maaaaan. When I catch that quack Mambo…

“Never better,” he replied with a smile, holding the elevator door open for her to exit. “Shall we?”
Is he going to ‘faint’ from the bullet wound?

She watched as Lex Luthor, dressed in a different suit and tie than he had worn earlier that evening when he had picked up Lois,
Rich men change multiple times a day, so the women don’t smell each other on his clothes. Also, he needed the clone to wear his other suit.

It was a little late for Lex to be retrieving wine for his date with Lois. The opera started in just under an hour.
Yes, but he still has the drive to the opera to work with. And sociable billionaires always show up to the opera with their dates being smashed.

BRUCE: Wrong billionaire.

Cat shrugged. Men and cars.
LEX: What? It’s a fabulous piece of compensation. /holds up whole peanut/ confused Why are you looking at me like that?

As long as Lois made it out of Lex Tower alive, Cat wouldn’t have to try to stop Clark from retaliating against the billionaire and ruining Superman’s heroic reputation.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, since we get [the latter S1 episodes to cover] later on, I can't say I want to skip it. Lois and Clark [unable to help] is always fun.
I hope so. wink

I have to admit I liked the scene where she does that in "Fall of the House of Luthor". Although I think I "watched" it at least 3 times before I was willing to not skip that scene. Luthor's line about "Othello was really written by Dr. Seuss" was funny, although I am still shock he encouraged her to call Clark.
His overconfidence was his downfall.

This is Lois Lane, she can find the solution to any problem with virtually no evidence.
LOIS: [Linked Image] You're just saying that. Tell me you aren't just saying that, because -- you can't be -- because it's true.

Actually when he sees her and Phil via x-ray is later that day, about when he gets Lois to give him a minute, which she holds him to rigorously, getting him back as soon as possible.
Also, Cat's clothing hasn't changed when Lois is in the white dress. That the detail which led me to believe she and Phil were in the copier room overnight.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard