Next Thread
Print Thread
#96334 07/06/13 10:36 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, there you have it! Hope there was satisfactory WAFF! laugh

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#96335 07/07/13 03:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy ending, yay! <waffy sigh>

I love that he expected her to snoop around his room <g> And the comment about them making new Christmas memories was very well-done. Yes, Lois, this "love" thing is gonna be available for more than a few months :p Not surprising that she doubts it, though, so I'm glad he spelled it out for her.

More seriously, Lois hasn't really known how to react to Clark in previous parts, but when he really needs her, she knows it, and knows she needs to be his support. I also liked how the "whatever you can do is enough" line is what she tells *herself* about her job as a reporter. I can't remember seeing it put that way before, but it fits really well.

Love that she can articulate that Clark gives her hope, not just as Superman, but as (what he thinks of as) his true self. It took her a while to work it out, but she's not nearly as shallow as he's feared. Good to see him recognize that.

Thanks! Really enjoyed this, and it was fun reading about all the snow in July goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#96336 07/07/13 11:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Totally sweet and wonderful. Christmas on the hottest days of summer!!! Yay!!!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#96337 07/07/13 02:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, The visual of Clark and Lois dancing on air on a starry night. It is the harbinger of many dances to come. Sheer romance! Lois is probably picking out the dress she'll wear for New Year's Eve.

Lovely story, great way to end a really warm weekend! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#96338 07/08/13 12:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I enjoyed following this one, thanks for sharing. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#96339 07/08/13 06:22 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
This was a sweet ending. It felt very organic. I was afraid that Clark would have a harder time believing that Lois was really interested in him, but you had them work it out beautifully. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#96340 07/08/13 07:02 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This was a fun story. I was glad that Lois was able to make Clark see how much she cared about him by comforting him in a time of crisis. It also was touching that she told him she loved him before he told her that.

John Pack Lambert
#96341 07/08/13 07:23 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale, great fun.

Framework4
#96342 07/09/13 08:12 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks everyone!! I have WAFFS from all your kind words! wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#96343 07/10/13 09:11 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Clark. That must have been a very difficult rescue for him at the orphanage. [Linked Image] Naughty administrators going out for lunch and leaving the children to die. When he first returned, I thought it was the Kents. I should have known better when they were so quiet. Just like Clark to blame himself, when it wasn't his fault.

I sighed. It was now or never. “Clark, you give me hope that maybe there really are still journalists out there who want the truth as much as I do,” I said, taking his hand on my cheek and holding it in my own. “You give me hope that there are still nice guys out there in the world… that maybe everyone doesn’t have a hidden agenda,” I said, my words becoming softer as my throat tightened with inexplicable tears. “Clark, somewhere along the way… I think I fell in love with you.”
hyper Yea! Lois finally said it all in this one paragraph. She said that she loved *him*, Clark him, and that's all he needed to hear. laugh
There was that frisson again, making my stomach flip. “Does that mean you might want to spend more than one Christmas with me?”
Just like Lois. Can't enjoy the moment without seeing where it will lead.
We fell asleep on the sofa, wrapped in each other’s embrace. We had kissed and talked into the early hours of the morning, neither of us wanting to part the other’s company to head upstairs to bed.
Awwww. There's the WAFF.
“Lois, I know you pretty well. I actually expected you go snooping in my room…” he answered wryly, the melancholy look of a moment ago all but vanished. “Thank you for reminding me about this… and for cleaning it up. Perhaps we can have a look at the stars together sometime?”
Of course, he expected her to go through his stuff. clap

“Well, the snow is melting, and we got an early flight back from Wichita,” said Mrs. Kent. “Hello, Lois. I guess you survived a few days out here after all? Clark take good care of you?” she said, glancing between the two of us. I swore she could tell something had shifted between me and Clark, but we just stood there, unsure of where to begin.
Flight? From Wichita? Smallville has an airport? Just a little FYI. Most of us, who live West of the Mississippi River, drive if we're heading somewhere within a 5-10 hour drive. I live at one corner of my state and my mother lives kiddy-corner at the very other side. It often takes longer, due to changing planes in the major city, to fly than drive to get where she lives and a whole lot more expensive. Everything is VERY spread out. The passenger trains are a bit random out here, and so are the airports. The Wichita airport is probably the closest airport to Smallville anyway. wink

Martha and Jonathan headed into the kitchen to clean up, leaving Clark and I to our own devices in the living room.
Lois! Clark! Martha fixes you this terrific Christmas meal, even though she's been stuck in Wichita for days and only just arrived that morning and *neither* of you offered to help clean up? Shame on you!

“Both,” he smiled back. “Libra means balance… I know it’s your star sign, and I think it makes a whole lot of sense… because you—you bring balance to my life, Lois.”
I like this.

And they lived happily ever after dancing in the stars. Awww. Let's hope they can keep up the romance once they return to hectic hustle and bustle of Metropolis.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard