Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96299 07/03/13 09:18 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments here, please! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#96300 07/04/13 05:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my. Much more to find out and discuss. Wonderful story. Can't wait for the finish.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#96301 07/04/13 08:24 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Love it! Clark keeps saying "nothing" but he should know that Lois will figure it out by the end of it, and whatever else he's trying to keep secret from her is bound to come out... Update again soon!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#96302 07/04/13 08:51 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Clark. mecry He's reading Lois and missing everything she's trying to say, but isn't brave enough to do so. True, Lois isn't being overt, but at least she's trying, which for Lois is saying a lot. Sounds like they both need to say what they want to say and stop hiding behind their fears. Lois needs to admit she hoped for a relationship before Trask arrived, and Clark needs to get over himself. But they wouldn't be themselves if they discovered that right off the bat. wink

I am wondering about Lois wanting to take a cold shower. If the heat isn't on, and the house is cold, chances are the water heater is electrical and cold too. They'd be lucky if the pipes haven't frozen. Of course, if the Kents had a gas propane tank (as I'm sure the natural gas line from town wouldn't leave city limits), then they might have a gas water heater, but then they'd have a gas stove and probably a gas furnace as well to heat their house (which, of course, doesn't work when the power's out). I would've waited until the power had been on for a few hours, before chancing to take a shower, but that's just me. I don't like cold showers in the winter. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96303 07/05/13 07:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
MM,

Just caught up with this story - very nice! Now I'm dying to read the next part smile

Virginia, I was thinking that, too -- cold showers... brr. That's assuming the pipes haven't burst. But that's a minor point.

I have to say, the "you'll be in more danger if you know the secret" argument never really made sense to me. I mean, I can see Clark *thinking* that, but it's nonsense. The only way Lois is going to be in more danger is that she'll go out of her way to try to rescue Superman, if necessary - but this story proves she'll also go out of her way to rescue Clark. So, moot point.

Unless he expects her to be stupid enough to let other people know that she knows *something* about Superman, even if they don't know exactly what. But I don't recommend he use that as an argument on her <g>

Overall, it'll make her safer because she'll better be able to calculate the odds, and it'll be easier to rescue her when he's not trying to keep a secret from her.

But like I said, I don't expect Clark to see it that way. Because lunkhead . :rolleyes:

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#96304 07/06/13 02:11 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hmm... cold showers. Didn't think about that. Let's assume the Kents have a gas water heater. laugh

Though it is getting a sort of nfic kicking around in my mind if Clark has his powers and the shower needs heating up... but I digress! blush

Thanks for reading and I will post the next part in a few minutes! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#96305 07/06/13 04:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like this. The bad guy has been defeated, but there are still several chapters with our heroes dealing with the aftermath of the revelation. Ah, the angst! The drama! The hurt feelings! The miscommunications!

Keep up the good work.

#96306 07/06/13 06:08 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
You bring up Clark's catch-22 problem. The secret is so important to keep, he can't just go telling it to everyone he starts dating or thinks about dating. So he has to wait until a relationship with Lois has some potential to tell her.

Yet, by not telling her, there remains a barrier to the relationship actually developing.

At any point he tells her or she finds out, she will de distraught about it. I guess there is probably one way for her to find out that would not distress her. However I think even the moment he swallows the bomb on the Prometheus-bound shuttle is to late for that. If he was going to avoid distress, he would have told her the moment he broke the bands that Baines had him in, or I guess maybe if he told Lois that he had flown them to avoid the explosion.

John Pack Lambert
#96307 07/06/13 06:31 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say I am surprised that Lois mentions the rock at all in her story. Even if she suggests it is not real, it will spark an idea for enemies of Superman.

frown that Clark is so fearful of Lois.

John Pack Lambert
#96308 07/09/13 01:58 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm partway through this part and decided I didn't want to wait any longer to provide you more feedback.

First, I am thoroughly enjoying this story. It had just enough of an A Plot to move the B plot along nicely. I love how you have captured Lois' thoughts and feelings.

Finally, you had expressed a hesitation about the story's title. I think it is fine as it is, but there was a phrase in part 5 that leaped out at me as a potential title: Snowbound in Smallville.

Now back to my regularly scheduled reading.

Joy,
Lynn

#96309 07/09/13 04:06 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:

Finally, you had expressed a hesitation about the story's title. I think it is fine as it is, but there was a phrase in part 5 that leaped out at me as a potential title: Snowbound in Smallville.

Joy,
Lynn
Too funny!! Actually, the original title WAS 'Snowbound in Smallville,' but I decided to change it so as not to be confused with Deadly Chakram's 'Snowbound.' wink It seems I integrated the original title rather well that you could pick it out like that! goofy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard