Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks again for your patience. smile

Corrina.

#96285 07/03/13 05:00 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Aw! Poor Diddi. Interesting twist having Lois unable to have a child, that should lift some burden from his conscience... but they definitely need to talk. I'm glad you came back to it, even though it's been a little while (though I'm not one to talk blush ). Can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#96286 07/03/13 09:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome back! Sometimes a writer needs a break from one project, so he or she embarks on another.

Once the second story is written, the batteries are recharged to tackle the first. As in this case here.

Hope all is well and your son is on the mend.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#96287 07/04/13 09:11 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Diddi. razz

thumbsup I'm glad Kent could feel Diddi's pain and took the time to explain what Lois hadn't.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96288 07/04/13 12:25 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
frown That Lois and Clark did not have any private time alone together in this part.

Interesting that Lois claims she can not have a child. What happened to her? Is it a result of something that happened on her way to Bangala land, or is it from earlier?

frown For Diddi. This has to all be confusing him with how fast things go. So when will Clark decide he can move on to Lois?

I hope they talk more soon.

John Pack Lambert
#96289 07/04/13 02:39 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I do have to say that I thought Kent did a really good job of explaining the issues to Diddi. This will make it even easier for him to be Diddi's father.

I guess we should not be rushing Clark, it has barely been a week since Lana abandoned him, even if it has been months for us.

John Pack Lambert
#96290 07/05/13 03:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois can have a child. She said she can't because she thinks it will make Clark feels better, as she believes he can't have a child. From part 26:

Perhaps Kent and Lana had tried for a child for a long time.

Perhaps Lana had given up.

Perhaps that was why she'd gone to someone else.

Poor Kent.

It explained so much. His lack of self-confidence. His veiled comments about not being what she needed. His desperate wish that he could be different. His unwillingness to give details about the time between Lana leaving him and Lois finding him.

The swell of Lois's sympathy birthed another overwhelming surge of love.

She wanted to give Kent everything he desired. A wife. A child. A family. Somewhere to belong.

It didn't matter that they would never have a child of their own. They would have Diddi, and they would have each other.

[...]

How could she tell him that his inability to father a child didn't diminish him one jot in her eyes? That she longed for his touch? Longed to join with him? Longed to be his lover?

Perhaps Sylva had been right. Perhaps gingko was the answer.

Lois huffed out a sigh of frustration. Gingko wasn't the answer. Time wasn't, either. Communication was her only option. Perhaps she could steer the conversation to Diddi and from there, slip in an assertion that she didn't want another child.

Perhaps that would make Kent realise that she wanted him, not a sperm donor.

If she'd desperately wanted another child, she would have married Romaric years ago.
So, we can see a baby Kent in the future... wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#96291 07/05/13 10:40 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Andreia, interesting theory. So, Lois "can't" become with child because Kent can't ( wink , wink ) get her pregnant. Like Martha and Jonathan, if one can't make a baby, then they *both* can't. I love that. clap It's so sweet of Lois to say that.

And Lois, two birds, one stone.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#96292 07/05/13 10:46 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, a long part!

It feels like Kent might approach Lois soon, to start a conversation or whatever, rather than her always being the initiator. Progress!

Now that we're in the village, my questions about it are bubbling to the surface. Maybe you addressed these at the beginning, but I' forgotten. How many people are there? Lois's inner circle seems small, but I have the impression it's much larger. What are the huts made of? What is Tsumbu's job?

And yup to UltraWoman's quote about infertility. It'll be an interesting conversation, someday down the line, when she says "Yeah, about that...."

#96293 07/10/13 01:07 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just found this story yesterday, and I am really enjoying it!

I had to put my two cents in on Diddi. Lois DID explain to him about what was going on. Quote from Chapter 26:
"Have you told Diddi? About Matymbou?"

"No. That's my next task. I wanted you to know first." Her hand drifted across his bare shoulder as she stood from the rock. "Diddi!"

Diddi picked up his truck and ran over to the fire.

"I'll give you some privacy," Clark said. He rose and walked away before she could protest.
Diddi may not have understood all that Lois said. He's only 5. In chapter 27, it sounded like he had two issues with Zephyrin. One: He wants a sibling. Two: He's afraid Zephrin will take his place with Kent. Lois didn't realize either of these problems. She explained about the sibling issue, and Kent reassured him that he liked Diddi and Lois the best.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
#96294 07/16/13 01:20 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Mouse I didn't actually stop working on this story - just output is ridiculously slow grumble

Morgana Thanks for the good wishes re my son. He's almost fully recovered.

Virginia

Yes, it's very hard when the only parents you know split with no warning.
The Bangala people don't have the concept of step-parents, so Matymbou has never been Diddi's father.

As lcfan says, Lois did explain to Diddi. I chose not to include it as a scene because I thought it would get repetitive. Diddi's main reason for being upset was that he thought it would mean Lois wouldn't have a child. Until now, Lois had no idea he felt that way.

John Obviously, I'm trying to build a relationship between Lois and Clark, but the relationship between Clark and Diddi is also important. I'm glad you liked Clark's attempt to help Diddi understand.

Andreia Nice pick up!

Amy Good questions. I gave some description the first time Clark entered the village, but not much because his thoughts were fixated on having been summoned to see Matymbou.

lcfan Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad it makes sense when read as a whole.

Thanks to everyone for your continuing interest in this story.

Corrina.

#96295 07/19/13 02:40 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Clark is so great with Diddi. Both Lois and Diddi need a man in their lives. wink

KateB
#96296 07/20/13 06:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Haven't been on myself too much.I've been checking in once in a blue. Glad to see another chapter. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#96297 08/27/13 02:15 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for continuing to read, Kate and Laura. smile

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard