Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Hey, look! They're talking!

peep

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 11:37 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a very aptly named part. I just wish Clark would not be so petty, although I guess he has to pursue to Met Star angle. I hope if he does decided to go there under cover he tells Lois first.

By the time she climbed the stairs of the Daily Planet back to the newsroom, Lois decided it was time for a new set of three rules, and this time she wouldn’t break them or tell them to anyone else.
Not even Clark?

Rule number one: sleep only with Clark.
I guess one way to make sure you can keep the rules is to set ones you already live by.

Lois:You have no proof I have slept with Clark in this story.

Reader:Yes we do. You have slept with himat least twice.

Lois:When?

Reader:Just after you were shot, and during the investigation of the killing of Vincent Winiger.

Lois:That is not what I mean by sleeping.

That one shouldn’t be too difficult to keep,
Considering her only "cheating", in the form of a kiss, was with him, and he was her only really temptation, I think she is right.

It was important to have a rule that would be next to impossible to break.
Much easier then he previous no sleeping with co-workers rule.

Rule number two: never get arrested.
Well, if she didn't harbor criminals.

Working closer with Clark would make this rule easier,
Especially since he will put his foot down at suggestions to break the law.

because she was sure that he didn’t want her to get arrested again as much as she did.
He may have a bigger fear of it.

Rule number three: always get there first.
This seems more difficult than he previous rules, and too dependent on factors beyond her control.

She could have kept ‘never get involved with her stories’, but hey, she was trying to be realistic,
I thought the point of these new rules was she had totally failed at the old.

Thankfully, when Lois reached the newsroom she saw that Clark was also back and hard at work.
Yeah, they will interact.

Lois sat down on top of Clark’s desk, opposite him. “Hi.”
Clark, this is a better view than Luthor got.

“Centennial Gardens is a good restaurant. If we made reservations now, we might be able to get in by our first anniversary,” she said wryly.
OK, the first thing that comes to mind when she says "anniversary" is "when will they get married"?

At Clark’s stunned expression, Lois realized what she said, and how he must’ve interpreted it.
I think that is what he thought.

Quickly she clarified, her face feeling warm. “Partnership anniversary. Anniversary of us becoming partners. Work related. Cyborgs. Me being shot.”
Umm, does she want to celebrate the anniversary of her being shot?

She lowered her voice. “Not our anniversary anniversary. That would be Valentine’s Day and there’s no way we’d be able to get in then.
Well, that is only their anniversary, anniversary in the world that was not disrupted by Wells tells about the curse. OK, maybe we have no proof Lois and Clark married there, but I am taking that view and sticking to it.

Of course, it technically wasn’t Valentine’s Day, was it? Because it was really the day after that when you finally…” She cut herself off, coughing slightly.
Kissing as a cover for the maid? Is that what she is talking about?

“Ah. So, you don’t count the whole Bureau 39 investigation…”
I am surprised he is still on the work partners angle.

He paused to lean towards her. “And our first kiss… to be our true anniversary?”
Oh, he is on a different angle.

Lois:Well, maybe, but to explain that I have to admit I know the Secret.

“Lunch was fine. I told Lex and his lawyer that I wanted to be represented by the Daily Planet in-house attorneys, and this time he actually heard me.”
Hopefully Clark hears her.

“Brava, Lois,” Clark said. “I’m proud of you.” She saw his gaze dart to her wrist to see that the LoLex watch was still there.
grumble at LoLex watch. It is very disruptive.

“You’ve taken the first step in admitting that you have a problem.”
Clark, why are you being so combative.

Lois leaned towards him over his desk,
He is probably enjoying this.

“I want to talk to you, Chuck… and Superman… about that investigation with which I need his help; perhaps the three of us could meet tonight for dinner at…”
grumble why does he do such stupid things?

“Lois,” he murmured. “It was your idea for me and Linda to be seen out on the town… ‘take her dancing’ you said.
Clark, you should realize what Lois says and what she means are two different things.

Anyway, I would like to know more about what’s going on over at the Metropolis Star and…”
He needs to be more upfront about his investigation with her.

“Of course you do!” Lois growled, rising to her feet. “Why wouldn’t you? She’s blonde, and they have readers. What more could a man want? The Metropolis Star seems to have exactly what you want, what everybody wants, so why don’t you go work for them?”
Hopefully he will not take her up on this plan.

I am slightly surprised Lois is so mad though. She needs to realize that no matter how hard Clark tries it does look like she is choosing Luthor over him.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark’s brow furrowed with confusion, which faded as he seemed to decide to ignore the reference he evidently didn’t catch.
I have to admit I did not catch the reference either.

“Yeah. A bit. You know that thing I do when I talk to Lois, where, for no conceivable reason, I stick my foot into my mouth?”
He should have just agreed to the dinner with her. Here he has been complaining over and over again at not getting to date her, and when she gives him a chance he turns it down.

“Well, just a moment ago, she was practically crawling across my desk towards me…”
He really is a lunkhead. He should put her above his investigation of the Met Star.

“The next moment, she’s screaming at me to get a job at the Met Star.”
He should never have gone out with Linda. There is way too much bad blood there.

Cat sat back up. She and Clark were friends, and would only ever be friends, but still it would be nice if he noticed she was female every once in a grand while.
I am glad Clark does so good at resisting Cat at all levels.

So did Cat follow Lois to the restaurant, and get the inside scoop on Luthor spending the weekend in bed?

“Come on, Clark. Do you really believe that she would choose him over her journalistic integrity?
Clark:She did take the watch.

Over you? We both know he’s a…” She paused to drop herself into Clark’s lap as that new mousey researcher passed by Clark’s desk to drop off a file.
Maybe that is why Luthor thinks something is going on between Cat and Calrk.

If Cat was going to be cover for Lois and Clark’s platonic relationship, she might as well reap some of the benefits.
I thought bringing Cat into this was unwise.

“We know that, Cat,” Clark grumbled, not even blinking an eye at her close contact. “Not that we have the proof to convince her of it.”
I wish Cat would point out to Clark that Lois is already convinced. Although I guess she really could not do that without blowing his cover.

“What do you mean ‘job’? If Luthor is such a great source, how come she doesn’t have any articles to show for it?”
Cat:Some stories take time to develop. Do you have any articles from your investigation of Luthor?

He grabbed her wrist. “You ever going to tell me what you spent all night investigating the night Chow eloped? I haven’t seen anything big in your column since then either.”
Cat:Patience Clark, some stories take lots of work.

“Oh. Does it have to do with Dr. Muldoon’s disappearance?” Clark fished.
Yes, but she does not know it yet.

Cat wasn’t his partner… well, except on the Muldoon investigation. She didn’t owe him any explanations.
Clark:Not that my partner really gives me any explanations either.

Reader:And who was it who chose to turn down a chance to spend time with Lois to spend it instead with some blonde bimbo.

Anyway, if Clark searched those great big memory banks of his, he’d realized that they had already discussed this investigation of Lex Luthor’s sex life on several occasions.
And how is he supposed to realize that is what she is doing?

Now, that she had a concrete fact on which to investigate – the LoLex watch with the tracer hidden inside – she was no longer giving Clark anything more to worry about.
Or she could tell Clark the watch has a tracer, and see fireworks fly.

Cat had pulled a few strings to check out the jewelry items before they disappeared. Alas, there weren’t any watches in the estate at all.
Maybe with more cooperative paramours, Luthor bugs other pieces of jewelry.

and the sister guessed Antoinette had been wearing it at the time of her death.
Of course she was, that was how Luthor knew she was in postion to be killed.

she needed to speak with his sixteenth cousin, thrice removed, Detective Henderson of the MPD Bomb Squad Investigation Unit.
Is the other Henderson married?

if Lex really had anything directly to do with Monique’s death, it would be stupid of him to leave a watch he gave her with the body.
He has been known to do stupid things like that.

Next up, Miranda’s estate.
Why do I doubt she will find the watch there either?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
As Clark had been leaving to head home to get ready for his date with Linda, Lois had cornered him to ask if he could set up a short meeting for her with Superman.
I guess she is not totally mad at him any more, just somewhat.

Tempted by her earlier outburst to say ‘no’,
Stop being such a lunkhead Clark.

he recalled Cat’s advice to listen to Lois.
smile1 more touching.

“I haven’t told Perry. The only people who know, besides us, are the computer experts I had look at the data, and they both told me that they wished they didn’t know about it.”
Considering that this whole thing came about because of limiting information to only a few, Clark will have a hard time supporting this course of action.

This must’ve been true. She hadn’t even told Clark,
When had she ever had a chance to tell him?

but now he understood why she didn’t want to tell him about it on the newsroom floor where anyone could have overheard them. He was still amazed that no one overheard them talking about Eugene Laderman staying at her apartment.
Hmm, maybe some time a story where someone does over hear will be in order.

At least, he hoped that why the people were never informed.
I think you meant to say "that was why".

You are blameless, Superman. Please, believe that.”
LNN will never see it that way.

“I’m sorry, Lois, but I cannot fly you,” he replied after a short pause.
Why not?

One of the major pros was the length of uninterrupted time he would be able to spend with Lois in his arms during the trip there and back.
He should do it.

“Lois, you are currently out on bail for a felony crime. You are not allowed to leave Metropolis, let alone the country,” Superman explained his justification for his choice.
I think Superman is holding too close to the law, especially considering how loosely he held to it by using an out-of-dimension drivers license.

“I also hope the charges are dropped, Lois, but until then, I will know and Superman cannot be party even to a brief flouting of the law,” he said.
Lois:So once the charges are dropped you will take me to London?

He could see the anger building up in her eyes at his rejection of her request. “I hope you understand my reasoning and how sorry I am that I cannot help you.”
I have to admit I don't understand his reasoning her at all.

Perhaps Clark could go in her stead. Of course, 'Clark' was getting ready for his date with Linda and didn’t know anything that they were discussing at this meeting,
It is high time Clark told her the truth.

which were two strikes against Lois allowing Clark to take over her British section of this investigation.
Actually, why not just have Superman go?

“It’s probably also best if Superman isn’t directly involved in an investigation for which he played a major role.”
So the bail is not the deciding factor? With that attitude, should his girlfriend do the investigation?

Her hands slid down his arms and into his.
Why can't it be Lois and Clark touching in this manner.

“Oh, no. He had a big date,” Lois scoffed.
Maybe he should not have brought it up at all.

“With a cheap, whore of a reporter from the Metropolis Star… although one could argue that ‘whore’ and ‘reporter for the Met Star’ mean the same thing.”
She takes inter-newspaper rivalry to the extreme.

She leaned her head back against Superman’s chest. “I’ve been so stupid, Superman. It’s all my fault. I should’ve never told him to go ruin his reputation with that… that… woman.”
I am surprised she chose such a dignified word to describe Linda.

so he wouldn’t know how much I really, really hate it, and how jealous I am.”
She is being really sneaky now.

No. He was about to mention Luthor, but thought it best to keep the ‘I told you so’ out of this conversation.
Yes, he is smart to not mention Luthor.

“Is that why you think he arranged a date with Ms. King?” Superman asked instead.
Lois:How could I, when I know CK=SM.

“No. In fact, Clark doesn’t mind at all if we kiss,” she said, glancing up at him with daring expression on her face.
Clark, just kiss her. OK, it only works if he tells her the Truth, but he can do that, forget about Linda.

“Perhaps he didn’t want you to know how extremely jealous he really was,” Superman suggested.
Lois:How can you be jealous of your self, Clark.

“It sounds as if you and Clark need to have a serious conversation.”
Lois:Yes we do, Clark.

Lois bit her bottom lip in that adorable manner, which always made him want to kiss her.
Just do it Clark.

He swallowed a groan. Her plan sounded perfect with the exception of one fatal flaw.
Why does he have to be such a stickler for the law.

“Lois, we discussed this. You cannot leave the city, let alone the state of New Troy. You are not allowed to leave Metropolis without approval from the D.A.’s office or a judge, which you aren’t likely to get.”
Actually, I don't see why a supervised flight with Superman would be turned down.

“But I talked to my new Daily Planet attorney this afternoon,
grumble I was so hoping he would flake out on Linda.

He was disappointed that work pulled him away from talking to her, but if he didn’t get to the bottom of what the Metropolis Star was doing to steal the Daily Planet’s readers, there would no longer be a Daily Planet at which to work. Now, Clark thought with a heavy sigh, off to his ‘date’ with Linda King.
frown that neither sees the others "dates" are part of an undercover operation.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I noticed I am the only person who has responded to the last three sections. I wonder if this is because people have so much else going on during the summer. I think that is the most likely explanation, although maybe some people are more patient than me, and differently patient, and just want to have the whole arc resolves before reading it.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the FDK. I'm going to start with your last note first.

I noticed I am the only person who has responded to the last three sections. I wonder if this is because people have so much else going on during the summer. I think that is the most likely explanation, although maybe some people are more patient than me, and differently patient, and just want to have the whole arc resolves before reading it.
It's probably a mixture of realizing how long my story is going to end up, busy summer activities, and a grumble Maybe I need a new partner.

He may have a bigger fear of it.
CLARK: Actually, my *biggest* fear she that she'll die because of me.

This seems more difficult than he previous rules, and too dependent on factors beyond her control.
LOIS: But much easier when my partner is super powered.

I thought the point of these new rules was she had totally failed at the old.
And the 'never get involved with her stories' was the one she failed at most brilliantly.

LOIS: I knew I was brilliant.

OK, the first thing that comes to mind when she says "anniversary" is "when will they get married"?
They're getting married?

I think that is what he thought.
And you'd be right.

Umm, does she want to celebrate the anniversary of her being shot?
Lois the babbling brook.

Well, that is only their anniversary, anniversary in the world that was not disrupted by Wells tells about the curse. OK, maybe we have no proof Lois and Clark married there, but I am taking that view and sticking to it.
I guess we'll never know, will we?

Kissing as a cover for the maid? Is that what she is talking about?
Yeah. Kind of. Them getting back together. I believe she meant, he "finally... stopped running off."

Clark, why are you being so combative.
He's teasing her about 'admitting to having a problem'.

CLARK: No, I'm not. She definitely has a problem, and I'm giving her a one-on-one intervention.

they are going to finally talk. OK, maybe I should realize nothing is that simple.
clap

Maybe with more cooperative paramours, Luthor bugs other pieces of jewelry.
LEX: That sounds like effort. Anyway, why would anyone ever link me to all these women.

Of course she was, that was how Luthor knew she was in postion to be killed.
LEX: I was nowhere near the detonator with Toni Baines died.

NIGEL: <<whispers in Lex's ear>>

LEX: Sorry, I stand corrected. I was nowhere near the Messenger Hangar at the time.

Is the other Henderson married?
His backstory hasn't been compiled as too minor of a character, but I would assume so.

He has been known to do stupid things like that.
He's not that stupid.

Why do I doubt she will find the watch there either?
No idea. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
I guess she is not totally mad at him any more, just somewhat.
CAT: See, chocolate.
CLARK: Buy stock in Fudge Castle, Inc. and Hershey Chocolate.

Tempted by her earlier outburst to say ‘no’,
JOHN: Stop being such a lunkhead Clark.
He *didn't* say 'no' this time.

he is actually being smart for once.
CLARK: hyper I can still surprise you!

Hey, London, Kentucky is the 3rd largest city named that in the world. Actually, here in Michigan people are almost as likely to mean London, Ontario. OK, maybe not really, but sometimes.
Yes, I was going to just stick London with a random state, then double checked and found London, KY was real and it was much more fun reference to the better known (and my second choice) London, ON.

Is she intentionally drawing his attention to her not having on the watch.
No, subconsciously.

I guess she does not want Luthor to know she is flying off with Superman.
Could be.

The big question is, does she realize how excited he is to not see the watch?
She has no idea.

Am I remembering right that Luthor tried to ruin Superman's breathing system, or is that just another story?
He sabotaged it with CO2, instead of O2, but since Clark didn't use it, it didn't matter. I think the story you're referring to is Bobbart's When the Sky Falls when Lex puts K gas in Clark's tanks.

He's going to clue into the fact that her acting the same way towards both his identities means she knows The Secret. OK, probably not, but I can still hope, right?
There is always hope.

I guess not. A kiss might expose CK=SM, but a touch won't expose that Lois knows.
LOIS: A bat? Will a bat work?

BATMAN: Did someone call? I'm Batman!

LOIS: Wrong kind of bat. [Linked Image]

Which is still at all levels Luthor's fault. If Luthor had not had Clark kipnapped, he never would have been exposed to the Kryptonite and nearly died.
That too.

She hasn't talked to the guy in London yet, how can she make an article.
She can write about finding the computer virus.

Sadly she is right, although the reaction would be illogical. People do many illogical things.
Exactly. People aren't logical in time of crisis.

She is right, they forced his hand. Although there will be those who claim that Superman should have checked the asteroid course as he flew to meet it.
Yep.

Considering that this whole thing came about because of limiting information to only a few, Clark will have a hard time supporting this course of action.
SUPERMAN: The truth is always better.
LOIS: Is *that* so? This a new thing you're working on developing?
SUPERMAN: wave

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong>It's probably a mixture of realizing how long my story is going to end up, busy summer activities, and a help

The last part was censored because it related to thing happening after part 122.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is a very aptly named part. I just wish Clark would not be so petty, although I guess he has to pursue to Met Star angle. I hope if he does decided to go there under cover he tells Lois first.
Well, actually the "Undercover is So Hard To Do" heading applies to both Lois and Clark.
Clark: shock Lois is going undercover too.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Rereading old commentary, back in comments on Part 10 Virginia told us Clark would kiss Lois more than in canon, and then said she recounted and added a "maybe not". I think we have seen Clark and Lois kiss more in this story so far than in canon, clearly than pre-marriage kissing in canon. Of course we may have gotten more kisses than Virginia originally intended.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I've been on vacation, and I haven't had sufficient time near a keyboard lately. I don't think I'll go back and review previous sections, but I'll probably comment on the next one.

I suspect that others are also busy/on vacation, especially given that last week was a holiday (at least in the US).

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
[b] I noticed I am the only person who has responded to the last three sections. I wonder if this is because people have so much else going on during the summer. I think that is the most likely explanation, although maybe some people are more patient than me, and differently patient, and just want to have the whole arc resolves before reading it.
I've been on vacation, and I haven't had sufficient time near a keyboard lately. I don't think I'll go back and review previous sections, but I'll probably comment on the next one.

I suspect that others are also busy/on vacation, especially given that last week was a holiday (at least in the US). [/b]
Yep, I was thinking that might be one factor. Although maybe the amount Lois and Clark are separated is getting to some people. Although, really they are no more separated than help

I had to censor my comments because they related to things that happened after this section.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Tempted by her earlier outburst to say ‘no’,
JOHN: Stop being such a lunkhead Clark.
He *didn't* say 'no' this time.[/b]
OK, stop thinking like a lunkhead Clark.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">he is actually being smart for once.
CLARK: grumble Lex is more responsible for Lois getting arrested than I thought. Not only did he give Reed the lead, but he also was the one who created the thing that kept Clark from being there to save Lois from the arrest, by hiding Eugene where the officers would not find them.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He could say "I need to go try and figure out what shenanigans are going on at the Star", and downplay Linda King entirely.
CLARK: But she *knows* I love only her.
Lois:It doesn't feel that way right now.

He should never have stayed at the Majic of the Night Ball.
CLARK: I was having a guy's night with the Jimmys.
It still was a dumb move, and has caused him nothing but problems.

Please no Scardino.
cool
I am half surprised Miranda's drugs did not draw him out.

or even an accountant.
JOHN: Although he would not be literally worried for Lois's safety in these other cases, so his reactions might be less severe.
Actually, this was a backhanded reference to Love and Capes where the hero's real life identity is an accountant. laugh
The accountant part did cause me to think of Love and Capes, so I guess your reference was transparent enough.

Is this the party that Clark took Lois to in canon?
Yes.
frown that he did not bring Lois. Now he is really being wrong Clark, first he spends most of the "Majic of the Night Ball" without Lois (which in canon he spent entirely with Lois), and now fails to bring Lois to the Journalism party. frown

He maybe should make sure no one is stalking him before he flies off.
CLARK: I can fly really fast.
I was more thinking he did not want anyone to see him fly at all.

He was interested in talking with her co-workers about all their terrific scoops lately. A quick perusal of the last several weeks of the Metropolis Star, as Lois had asked Rita to do, had shown him that Linda wasn’t the only reporter at the Star with amazing luck lately.
JOHN: Maybe he should point out to Lois that he is listening to her advice on finding stories.
SUPERMAN: Good advice. I'll tell Clark to tell Lois that the next time they have time to talk.
grumble at SLV. Although to be fair Clark only decides to tell the truth when realizing that it is the only course that will avoid war. That seems more to be an example of internalizing blame.

SUPERMAN: I don't date.
LOIS: You're rushing off to meet Linda King fast enough.
SUPERMAN: Huh, what? No, *I* don't date, Lois. That's Clark who is meeting with Linda.
LOIS: Oh, so you're on a first name basis with the skank?
SUPERMAN: No, I mean. Oh, forget it, you win. I'm Clark.
LOIS: Duh!
grumble at her stupid investigation.

As long as Clark is not there, things should go good.
CLARK: Why would I go?
He was an accessory to her crime. Maybe he would go to give her moral support.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Superman:ANyway, why do you bring this up with me before you talk about it at all with Clark.

Lois:Because Clark is too focused on going out with that whore Linda to pay any attention to me.
I think the correct answer would have been.
LOIS: I am. Right now.
clap
Superman:Lois, what are you talking about, Clark isn't here.

Lois:Sure, and that is why you kiss me exactly like he does.

I am really, really, really hoping this happenes, but I should know that is too much to expect.
Good things will happen again for this couple. They will go to Smallville again, someday. When... well, cool
frown that it will not be soon enough.

I was so hoping he would flake out on Linda.
Now, that just doesn't sound like Clark Kent, does it? Clark is much nicer than that
Lois:It would be being nice to me if he stood Linda up.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:

I suspect that others are also busy/on vacation, especially given that last week was a holiday (at least in the US).
Thanks for popping in to let me know that you're still reading, Mrs. M. Sorry that my FDK responses aren't as quick as once were. I'm trying to spend most of my free time with writing. I hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. I've heard those are nice. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Undercover is So Hard to Do
LEX: Which is why I do it above the covers.
CAT: [Linked Image] Or not in a bed at all.

Lois decided it was time for a new set of three rules, and this time she wouldn’t break them or tell them to anyone else.
That last one her first rule already? Which she’s going to break.

Rule number one: sleep only with Clark.
clap

“Why wouldn’t you? She’s blonde, and they have readers. What more could a man want?
LEX: A woman who knows how to use her tongue well?
LOIS: I can give you a tongue lashing if you want.
LEX: clap

The Metropolis Star seems to have exactly what you want, what everybody wants, so why don’t you go work for them?” She marched back to her desk and grabbed her briefcase.
Well,…it seems we’re right on schedule.

Then he mumbled to himself, “She’s your cousin. She’s your cousin. She’s your cousin.”
RALPH: It’s not like he’s going to marry her.

“Yeah. A bit. You know that thing I do when I talk to Lois, where, for no conceivable reason, I stick my foot into my mouth?”
Gravitationally challenged? Always slipping up on those low g’s and one leg flipping up to his head?

Cat nodded. It was always entertaining to watch Clark and Lois push each other’s buttons. She was sorry she had missed it.
LEX: I wouldn’t want to watch that. I’d have the guy bound with the tape of their pushing buttons, stick him in the boiler, have a tape made of it and give it to Lois to watch before I push her buttons myself.

“Exactly,” answered Clark as if she were still dressed in a nun’s habit.
laugh
JIMMY: Yes, but when a nun does that in a movie, she’s usually dressed like Cat underneath it and then things get interesting.
LOIS: Jimmy, we don’t call that filth a ‘movie’. It’s got no plot.

He was damaging for a woman’s pride and reputation.
rotflol

Thanks very much to an inadvertent lead given to her by one Mad Dog Lane, for which the Kerth Award winning reporter will probably flay her alive, a nice C-note slipped through the hedges to a busboy, and her handy dandy pocket camera.
Lois ain’t going to be happy about that. And Clark’s going to blow a gasket over Lois getting double-teamed in Lex’s restaurant.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Give her time, Clark. She’s… the winds of change have her riled up,
Oh dear. She didn’t even look that old.
DOC KLEIN: They couldn’t have told me that *before* I did the analysis on Superman’s fertility?

She paused to drop herself into Clark’s lap as that new mousey researcher passed by Clark’s desk to drop off a file. If Cat was going to be cover for Lois and Clark’s platonic relationship, she might as well reap some of the benefits. She wrapped her arms casually around his neck.
Awww… does that mean Lex will now know that Clark’s already otherwise engaged? Or will he know and tell Lois at an opportune moment, e.g. when she already had too much liquor during their Thursday Night dinner and is feeling down.

“She’s just using her feminine wiles to get information from him,” Cat said,
LINDA: I do that, too. I particularly enjoy getting the information out of hot studs.

“Cat, I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t treat me as your personal boy-toy at work,” Clark said, giving her a sharp look.
Why? Lois got an exclusive on that?
CAT: You mean, I get to use you as a boy-toy in private?

“Trust me, Clark. If there were anything worth telling, you’d be the first I’d brag to… Well, second, after Perry.”
Awww…she’s just like a less-dressed version of Lois.

– the LoLex watch with the tracer hidden inside
Lois told Cat about that?

he actually gave Cat a lift, much to the chagrin of the now-Mrs. Chow, as if there could ever be love there.
In case he needed a fallback?

and the only piece of jewelry she would have kept had been her sister’s silver Gucci watch.
/squints eyes/

Of course, if Lex really had anything directly to do with Monique’s death, it would be stupid of him to leave a watch he gave her with the body.
Nah, she could have bought it anywhere and the NIA could have bugged it after Monique had shacked up with Superman.

Next up, Miranda’s estate.
Cat’s going through a lot of dead women.

“Superman and Clark Kent are one and the same”, or whatever better words Superman would say to reveal this truth to Lois, with “now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with Linda King”?
You think Lois would be mad about that and do something rash if she didn’t already know about that?
LOIS: No, why would I. But now that I know, I’d go and retrieve my watch from police evidence lockup and have a talk with Clark. Me, the watch, and a tire iron.

or some federal agent
Maybe we could try that next?
[Linked Image]

, or even an accountant.
blush I totally missed this.
ABBY: You keep your bony fingers off Mark. First that tiara-wearing slut, now a *reporter* (as we’ve learned later in the part, that’s synonymous with ‘whore’). What is it with you people?

Lois sighed and leaned against a large air conditioner unit. “Yes… Well…” She rubbed her bare wrist, and he noted to his delight that the LoLex watch was visibly absent.
Duh. She’s got to travel out of country. But is it possible that Lex coated the wristband with some addictive drug and Lois gets uncomfortable whenever she removes the watch?

“The truth is, Superman,” she said. Her gaze shifted up from the spot on her wrist she had been rubbing to focus on his eyes. “Someone has played you for a fool.”
SUPERMAN: Duh! She’s been fooling around with multiple Luthors.

“Someone wanted me to destroy the Earth?” he finally asked, his voice rough.
LEX: [Linked Image]

“How much time do I have?”

“Pardon?”

“Until your article comes out, Lois,” he pressed on, his shoulders rounding in dread.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I went back and looked at the early parts. Part 2 may have the record with 11 different people (not counting Virginia) posting comments. Although, only 7 of those posted comments within a week of its being posted. So maybe more comments will be forthcoming.
I appreciate any and all comments I receive, John. Not everyone has the time or can think of something to write every week. That's okay. Some people like to lurk and only pop in when I've moved or touched them during a particular part, or move Lois and Clark into the same room and had them touch each other... [Linked Image] I'm sensing a pattern I never noticed before. I wonder what I could do with that information. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] /Throws out outline, snags the one Sue S. dropped when she visited the boards the other day / [Linked Image] (For those of you who don't know, Sue has about 20-40+ of us hanging in the middle of a very steamy Nfic over on the other boards, which she has recently been distracted from) hyper No curse! No dimension hopping! No Luthor! This is the story I want to be in.
LOIS: /points at script/ You're still afraid of sex.
CLARK: What's wrong with me? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
JOHN: I thought he was asleep in her room just after she got shot, but since they were not actually both in bed, maybe that does not count as "sleeping with Clark".

Lois:I think you are still missing the point.
dizzy So, do you like froglegs?
LOIS: /thinks he's going to take her to France/ I'm willing to try anything as long as there's a flight over the Atlantic involved.
LEX: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard