Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
YAY! another part! It's been way to long, but I'm glad you're back!

LL emerged from the room hastily.

Clark and Lois regarded her worriedly. LL was pale and shaking, she wasn't even trying to hide her reaction. Her breath was coming in hard gasps.
Of course LL would have PTSD flashbacks. It's sad, though. This is the Clark (or Kal-El) that she should be soulmates with. But she's been ruined, broken by Clone-El. It's even worse than the situation with alt-Clark and alt-Lois. At least alt-Lois came back to a world where alt-Clark was raised by humans and became Superman. LL has to deal with a soulmate who is alien not only by blood but by upbringing.

“My tormenter and my ...champions – wear the same faces.”
A fact that causes major angst - but a darn good story! smile

“I saw him. I saw who he's been... who he is, what he stands for... what he's gone through. I felt his terror – and his anger, and his own suffering... and it humbled me. I've been blaming him, but he's as much a victim as I am, or you are, Lois... he was raped too – in a different way, true, but nonetheless – he was violated. His life was stolen, he was rendered insensate... he was forced to endure his clone's life through telepathic sendings... he's felt the other's sick pleasure at hurting people. At hurting women. And his own moral code has processed what feel to be his own memories. And it's left him soul-sick at the very deepest level of his being. I felt this. Lois, I felt it. Did you?”
Wow. Damn. Wow.

OK, after that, maybe the shared suffering will give LL and Kal-El some sort of common bond they can talk about. Of course, talking about such traumatic events is probably the last thing in the world either of them want to do. But they need to. But they probably won't. LL doesn't want to be anywhere near Kal-El, and Kal-El would certainly never force her to do so.

I can't help but want to look ahead, though - perhaps it's like "Long Strange Trip" where circumstances will force LL and Kal-El to be together? Won't they have to work together to overthrow the reign of the evil Clone-El?

“Are you willing to trust him?”

“Yes. I mean no. But yes. I'm done. I … vote we – stop poisoning him, and move forward."
Yay! This is a huge step for LL. It makes sense that it took telepathic contact for her to get this far; I'm sure Kal-El was not able to lie telepathically (and he had no desire to tell an untruth, not in this situation.)

“They are choosing to trust you. You will no longer be poisoned. You will be allowed to gain strength and you will be part of strategizing meetings to consider our plan of attack.”

He exhaled, feeling immensely grateful to LL for deciding in his favor. He knew she was the leader.
See? See? Kal-El is the leader of the Kryptonians, and LL is the leader of the Earthlings. They'll have to talk together, and deal with each other. Perhaps they can find some common ground. (Don't mind me... I'm always looking for the romance and for L&C to get together. smile )

“I am your -”

“No. You are not. I dissolve our union. It is my right as Lord.”

She flushed.

“You must be with Ching. We both know this to be true. And when this is over and we have won, I will name him a brother. And pass on the rulership to you both.”
OK, it's the royal divorce. So Kal-El is going to be a free agent, romantically speaking. This bodes well. laugh

She felt the stirrings of the old pleasure in his company and smiled gratefully for his praise. His clone had never once said a kind word to her.
And one of the reasons why Clone-El is going to be faced with a coup d'etat in the near future. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally! These two parts were great too read! Please don't leave us hanging, this is a great story, please finish it! wave

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am thinking it might be helpful to give us a quick recap of what names refer to which Lois and which Clark. I am thinking LL is the Lois from this invaded world, but I can't remember if Lois and Clark mean the ones from canon or alt-Clark and the Lois who was held captive in the crazy world by the Kal-el clone.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This was still a tough read. I am glad LL decided in Kal-el's favor, but I am somewhat surprised she has.

I guess in theory for their revolution to succeed they need the help of Kal-el. Still, there are clearly Kryptonians who benefit from the current arrangement. the evil clone may have alientated many, but he still has many supporters.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I thought you forgot about us! I am glad you are back and I hope you can finish this story sequel to LST. I am looking forward to the rest. Love what you have so far. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
MOS reinvigorated the muse! Thanks for still reading.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
LL did surprisingly agree to let Kal help... but i needed it to happen and i figured telepathy was so intimate that she might trust her own choice a bit more. I think in many ways she thinks she has no choice - trust him or die.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Is there an updated TOC somewhere? I think I had read up to about part 19 and would like to catch up. Thanks! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Thankyou for the note at the start of the next part, it really adds clarity. I think I had mainly figured it out, but I mainly remembered that LST had been overly confusing on this point.

John Pack Lambert
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the TOC! I've finally been able to catch up! Interesting developments, though LL's suffering is difficult to read at times. I think it was smart to use telepathy to get LL to trust Kal a bit more. Glad your muse is back -- mine is too! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She sank down onto the floor, sitting with her knees pulled in, and she wrapped her arms around them self protectively.
[Linked Image]

She looked so lost. But at least she was making eye contact – that was a good sign. He'd learned long ago to read the signs.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And Ching – he enslaved women -”

“To protect you?”

“Yes. To protect me. To keep him from hurting me -”
Aaaaand her point is? Ching’s not fit to rule. He can be prince consort. But he should always sit two steps below her on the dais.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard