Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95890 06/13/13 02:10 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
As you may have noticed, the fic is now seven parts. I had two endings in mind and eventually decided to include both of them ... so you get an extra part.

Sorry about the delay. My son is home now. Thanks so much for the good wishes and prayers. He still has some recuperating to do, but I should get some writing time as I keep him company.

Thanks for reading!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad he's gonna be ok. smile

Thank you for posting this! whinging

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
"I'm going to grind the cashew nuts to a powder," he said, turning from the stove to the counter.

"I'll do it," Lois said, grabbing the club-shaped implement. Was it the mortar? Or the pestle? Either way, she needed to get her mind on the real purpose of this evening, and another display of masculine muscularity wasn't going to be helpful.

"Is your cooking class full?" she asked.

"Yes," he replied, stirring the chicken through the sauce. "Why?"
I wonder if his class is full because all the women want to watch those biceps at work! wink I know I would!!

He pushed his glasses a little way down his nose and peered intently at her finger.
Heat vision works on broken nails? Good to know. Clark is so handy. laugh

Aww! Great update! Hope Claude doesn't show.

And I hope your son is doing better. He is in all our thoughts!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Maybe Claude is allergic to cashews or something?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part. Maybe Claude will cancel and piss Lois off?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by SJH:
Maybe Claude is allergic to cashews or something?
I was thinking about that, too. There are almonds in the dessert as well. When Lucy set this up with Mrs. Whatshername, did she ask about food allergies at all? Does Lois even know Claude well enough that she would know whether he had any allergies?

I have a feeling that the nuts are going to play a part in how the evening goes, but that might be my experience coloring things. The chicken dish and the dessert both sounded delicious until the nuts were mentioned, but now I can't help but feel unsettled about the whole thing.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was thinking the same thing about the nuts. Usually people who have allergies are good about telling hosts and hostesses in advance, but I can't see Claude being that considerate, being he's the type to cancel at the last minute and not offer to make it up to Lois by taking her out.

I was curious about another thing. This line from Part 1:
"I …" Lois's distress dissolved into a plea for understanding. "Claude is a really nice guy," she said. "He could be the one."

"The one?" Lucy gasped. "You really think you've finally found the one?"

"Maybe," Lois said dreamily. "He's suave, he's fashionable, he's charming, he's melt-at-the-knees gorgeous, and his French accent makes my toes curl."
and this description from parts 3 & 4:
He spooned in a few more pieces of chicken. "Mrs Spangher said this meal is important to you."

"It is." Realising she sounded irresolute, Lois declared, "It's really important to me."

Part 4

The silence that followed Lois's statement hung around them like a prickly blanket. She fixed her concentration on the chicken pieces and firmly subdued her mind's inclination to line up Claude and Clark and conduct a thorough comparison.

Last week, she had told Lucy that Claude could be 'the one'.
But what if Lois means "the one" in a totally different way than the man she was meant to spend the rest of her life with. What if Lois is still a virgin and she has picked Claude to be "the one" to lose her virginity with and she wants to seduce him over a meal? (of course, FH would probably be posting this over on the Nfic boards if that were true, right? wink I could totally see Lois not knowing that the only seduction a man like Claude needs is for her to show up.) The way she's acting and reacting to Clark makes me sense that she *feels* more for him than she does Claude, making me think that she's using Claude to get past this lack of experience "flaw" in her life. But, as I said, I'm probably reading more into this than there is. (Hands FH a tissue to wipe up the water she sprayed across her screen upon reading my wild theory. Sets down box on the boards for anyone else who might need it. laugh ).

Poor Clark. He's tugging at my heart strings again. I'm glad he was open and honest with Lois about his desires to be a reporter. I can totally see Lois comparing Claude and Clark and the former coming sadly (or happily) lacking.

And Poor Lois for not getting Clark's phone number so that she can call him and ask him to join her for dinner, once she wises up and kicks Claude out. Of course, sad she thinks that Clark *has* a date. Not surprised his cooking class is full, not that his students are learning more than how to drool.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corinna, this is by far in my mind the best thing you have ever written, that includes Trusting You, Trusting Me, which was fantastic.

All the exotic flavors and blends of their special relationship comes out in their cooking together. Is it too much to hope that Lois starts to like cooking?

Proud of Clark for standing up to Preston Carpenter and walking out after all the 'creative editing' they did to his story. Carpenter must have very deep pockets and good law firms on speed dial with all the slander suits that are bound to surface sooner or later. So why didn't Lois suggest he try interviewing again for the Planet?

In any case, well done. Glad to hear your son is on the mend.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
dance Clark is in love with Lois.

dance for Clark's strong integrity.

frown That Clark had to leave.

I still hope Claude does not show up.

John Pack Lambert
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I'm happy your son is doing good!
Great part , Corrina. I wonder, if Lucy had something to do with Clark showing up instead of Mrs Sprangler. Lucy has to know about a yummy cooking teacher.
When could you post the next part?

KateB
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
I'm loving this story.

So, in canon, Lois really fell for Claude and did think she was in love. Now here, thanks to your alternate reality, she gets a good look at what the real thing looks like when Clark walks through the door, and Claude doesn't measure up.

Also, this Claude isn't as singleminded in his effort to steal the story. He bails on a prior date without considering how it damages his campaign. I see her uncertain response about the importance of the dinner as a sign that maybe she's starting to see through Claude.

So, although love scares her, I think...

Lois is in love with Clark dance but doesn't recognize it yet. And isn't that just so Lois!!

More please!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by KateB:

When could you post the next part?
Progress - Part 5 is ready, I just got Part 6 back from Iolanthe, and Part 7 is half written. I'll post Part 5 the next time I get more than five minutes on my computer - tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Thanks to everyone for the story comments and good wishes for my son, who is continuing to recover. smile

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I hope your son is already healthy!

And about the story....
....nooooooooo!! Don't go, Clark!!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard