Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

evil [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 11:45 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I really thought that Clark was going to admit to one or another of his secrets here.

I'm wondering whether Lois will remember Star when she finds out that Clark's excuse to Perry is that she's been consulting a psychic.

Lois isn't going to end up in the loony bin again, is she? I guess this time she has Clark to vouch for her, and it's more common to see a psychic than to legitimately hear voices.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Two men faced each other on a dusty stretch of town, and not just any town, an old Western town.
I sort of think Lois should notice it is a fake old western town.

They were dressed identically in skintight blue body suits, red capes, red shorts with a yellow belt, and red boots. One’s slicked-back hair style varied slightly from the other one’s, and that was the only discernible physical difference between them. They were twins; although, vocally one of them sounded younger than the other.
OK, I did not expect this to happen. I had however forgotten that happened on Perry's birthday.

“Go ahead,” the second Superman insisted. “Finish me off… Only the strong survive.”
Lois should realize this is a totally un-Supermanish thing to say.

The second Superman leaned against the first trying to keep his balance. “I’m dying,” he replied. “Maybe it’s for the best… there’s nothing left to live for anyway. I have something to do. Will you wait here for me?” Without waiting for an answer, he took to the sky and disappeared.
It is sort of sad that Lois did not hear the "might makes right" line. That would have made her even more sure one was an imposter.

She stumbled down the ramp to the bullpen. It looked slightly different than it normally did, but she couldn’t put her finger on what exactly had changed.
Is this because she is now in the rebuilt newsroom?

Lois glanced at her watch… her watch, the one her grandmother had given her after graduation from Metropolis University.[/Quote

grumble I was so hoping she would see H.G. Wells.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell? How had that happened?
This should be too odd to process as anything but unreal.

In front of her, a man stood in a bright blue jumpsuit and a silver vest, holding a gun and waving it around as if he was looking for something or someone. She stood behind him with a large stick in her hands; she was holding it over her shoulder as if it she were playing baseball.
Having the stick in her hands should make it clear this cannot fit with previous memories.

He got to his feet and aimed the gun at her. “How did you get here?” he demanded.
That is what she wants to know.

Now that he was looking directly at her, Lois recognized him as the ‘Duh’ man from that vision she had when she discovered Clark was Superman.
I wonder if Clark knows enough to know who this person would be. Since he has met Tempus, he should be able to recognize him from a full description, but I guess he was dressed differently so it might be hard.

He seemed to know about as much as she did about where they were and how they had gotten there.
But he only wonders how Lois got there, not how he did.

“Clark! Oh, Clark, what’s happening to you?” she asked.
This has to be the most terrifying vision Lois has ever had.

“Okay, calm down, Lois,” Clark whispered from beside her,
dance Clark is holding her.

Clark! He was alive.
dance Lois is in Clark's arms.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Eyes rolling back in your head and everything. Only I expected you to be out longer, not just a second or two.”
How did she go through all that in a few seconds?

“You’re alive,” she mumbled, looking back at Jimmy. “You’re both here. Alive!
Well, Jimbo being at the planet did not mean this Jimmy was dead.

“Lois fainted, Chief,” Jimmy informed him, extracting himself from Lois’s embrace.
Lois: smile1 they are touching.

“I don’t know,” she murmured.
This should make her understanding of things very confused. Although the fact she did not see the baby and the kryptonite and the space ship probably undermines her ability to understand. I was so hoping she would see that. It would cause her to understand so much more, although probably cause its own set of confusion.

Lois turned around and rested her head on his chest,
smile1 more touching.

Had she seen a vision of the future?
He really does not understand her visions yet.

f him battling her True Clark for her and losing?
I really do not see him and true Clark fighting like that. It really would not make sense. It also does not help that Lois and Clark in canon dimension have apparently not told him about clones.

“I’m so afraid, Clark. I don’t want to lose him… or you. Don’t you see why I need you to stay away from me?”
I think I missed some of Lois' thoughts process here.

“Nope.
grumble not telling him all he knows. Lois was in the past when baby Kal-el vanished.

Would there be a way to stop the past from happening when they crossed the spot in time when Tempus had wiped True Clark from this dimension’s future?
For a given value of "when" maybe, like on the order of many years after that when, maybe, if they could reverse the effects of Tempus removing himself from the time-line.

Without knowing when and where the event occurred it would be nearly impossible to pinpoint the exact moment when True Clark disappeared.
Which is why he needs to press Wells for more information, since Wells knows when True Clark did disappear.

“And it happens today, on Perry’s birthday, or tomorrow,” she went on. “That’s why I need to warn Superman that he has a twin out there somewhere who he’s going to end up fighting.”
Of course that is not related to the other event.

“I was there?” Clark asked. Superman dropped Lois off, and yet Clark was already here?
Clark is so good at almost being two places at once this should not surprise him.

That would do it. He nodded. Another Kryptonian wouldn’t need a gun on Earth.
I wish he had pressed for more description so he would have realized this was Tempus.

“I love you, Clark,”
grumble at Wells.

“Uh-huh.” His boss’s eyes narrowed. “I’m thinking that’s not why she would’ve told you, but…”
Perry:Although this is Lois, so maybe she would want to not tell the father too soon, who knows.

Perry nodded his acceptance of Clark’s vow and waved for him to sit back down, as he himself sat down. “I’ve also got to keep the Daily Planet afloat during this crisis. I’ve got an entire team of people out there relying on me to steer through this storm so that they still have jobs when we get out of these rough seas, so if one of my crew requires extra attention...”
I interested this paragraph to mainly refer to the problem caused by the rise of the Metropolis Star.

Perry whistled. “I know that she loves you, son…”

Clark’s eyes widened. Perry knows?
A lot more than he even suspects.

add on to that getting arrested and facing a probable prison sentence,
Even Laderman being innocent won't be enough to keep her from being prosecuted. Harrison being exposed as the master mind behind "The Ides of Metropolis" and the DA having aided his plan by prosecuting the wrong person and wrong crime might just make the whole thing so embarrassing that they decide to not pursue the matter any more. I wonder if Mayson Drake was on that case.

“Stay out of the woods,” Clark replied with a shrug of his shoulders. And avoid meeting up with Lois’s True Clark.
This is turning into quite an interesting day.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I really thought that Clark was going to admit to one or another of his secrets here.

I'm wondering whether Lois will remember Star when she finds out that Clark's excuse to Perry is that she's been consulting a psychic.

Lois isn't going to end up in the loony bin again, is she? I guess this time she has Clark to vouch for her, and it's more common to see a psychic than to legitimately hear voices.
Well, anyway, Lois is not hearing voices. She is just remembering hearing voices in memories that she thinks are dreams or something.

I can see why Clark did not reveal his secrets. Telling distraught, confused Lois things that would make her more confused would not have helped.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks to all my Readers for their Feedback. I haven't had a chance to finish writing Part 125 to keep up my minimum 5 part buffer zone between where I'm writing and where I'm posting. Due to this, Part 120 will post on Tuesday, instead of tonight. I apologize for the delay.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: Thanks for reading. smile1
*While* Lois is freaking out? If she didn't know, wouldn't it make her freak out more?

Star isn't on the forefront of Lois's current mind. Whether or not she'll be remembered by Lois in the future is something we'll see in time.

LOIS: eek I am certainly not!

Lois isn't hearing voices this time (for the most part), she's seeing visions (not exactly any more sane, though), but at least she does have Clark to deflect her more insane moments. He kind of understands what's happening to her, more than she does and would never let them drag her off to a looney bin, especially one with Luthor's name on it. wink

Thank you for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for such a thorough read through. thumbsup
I sort of think Lois should notice it is a fake old western town.
Since her focus is more on the supermen than her location, she might not.

OK, I did not expect this to happen. I had however forgotten that happened on Perry's birthday.
evil

Lois should realize this is a totally un-Supermanish thing to say.
She is confused by it.

It is sort of sad that Lois did not hear the "might makes right" line. That would have made her even more sure one was an imposter.
Since there is no imposter in this story, it would only have led to more confusion.

Is this because she is now in the rebuilt newsroom?
2 points for John!

Who said anything about heading back.

It is interesting that time is jumping in ways Lois does not recognize.
The injured Superman said he would be right back and for the 1st Superman to wait for him. It was Lois's opinion that the 1st Superman took her to the DP and then returned to the old west town to meet up with the dying Superman.

Faking not dieing is pretty hard.
I don't know. I think Vatman did a pretty good job of it when he returned to his bedroom to get rid of Leek and the hair sample.

Wait, what good is having her watch if she does not look at the time? That is the only way to explain this reaction.
notworthy Okay, I reworked the whole scene, so it now takes into account some of your concerns:
She stumbled down the ramp to the bullpen. It looked slightly different than it normally did, but she couldn’t put her finger on what exactly had changed.

Jimbo rushed up to her with a gift-wrapped package. “Cutting it close,” he said.

Lois glanced at her watch… her watch, the one her grandmother had given her after graduation from Metropolis University. Had her watched stopped? It read only 7:52am and she knew it had to be sometime in the afternoon. She shook her wrist, but the second hand kept ticking. She decided to play along and see what happened, even though it was strange to have Jimbo in the newsroom again. “I’ve still got eight minutes. What did I get him?”

“Checked suspenders. Did you remember the card?” Jimbo asked.

“Oh, no,” she groaned. She always forgot the card.

Jimbo held up a light blue envelope. “Who’s your buddy? Who’s your pal?”

Lois grinned. Jimbo really was the greatest.

“I am, right?” Jimbo gloated some more.

She grabbed the card and hit him gently in the head with it, before heading towards her desk.

Clark set down a wrapped gift on his desk and approached her, as if nothing had happened, as if nothing were wrong, when clearly everything was.

Anyway, how could Clark already be here, when Superman had just dropped her off and was heading back to meet the other Superman? Had the second Superman been her Clark? She had been so sure it had been the first one, because the second one didn’t speak like her Clark, her Superman. He didn’t appear to be ‘dying’ though but, then again, he was good at faking a lot of things.

“Good morning, Lois,” he said in that bright voice of his which made her life worth enjoying.

‘Good morning?’ It must have been in the middle of the afternoon from where the sun had been during the Supermen’s re-inactment of ‘High Noon’. For that to be true, though, the old west town had to have been in Italy. Had it only been a movie set? Well, that made sense. Weren’t all those old Clint Eastwood westerns filmed in Italy? The trip hadn’t seemed to take that long but, then again, when she flew in Superman’s arms, time always seemed to fly by. Could it have been a ‘good first time I’ve seen you today’ type good morning? No, it couldn’t be, since he had just seen her, but he didn’t know that she knew he was Superman. Or, perhaps, this was how their day would have gone if he hadn’t met her in the supply closet. Yes, that must have been it.

“You’re late,” she snapped.

“‘Good morning, Clark,’” he replied for her, but the smile on his face told her that he was only teasing. “So, what did you get him?”

“Checked suspenders,” Lois announced, knowing that Perry was going to love her gift.

A perplexed expression crossed Clark’s face as he pointed at her upheld gift. “Didn’t you get him those last year?”

Had she? No, wait, she hadn’t known Perry’s birthdate last year, or had she? It felt like she had, but the past seemed blurry. Anyway, Clark hadn’t joined the Planet until May, so how would he know what she had given Perry for his birthday? Had Perry bragged about her gift? Had she?

“Yeah,” she admitted reluctantly before defending her choice, “He liked them, didn’t he?”

Clark laughed at her faux pas. Damn his smug self.

She heard a man clear his throat behind her, but when she turned around, she was no longer in the office, but in the woods. What the hell? How had that happened?
I hope that works better for you. laugh

I love their friendly teasing. Although I have to admit that the first Tempus episode totally did not fit in with its two surrounding Dan-infested episodes.
Have to agree with you there.

Had Perry bragged about her gift?
JOHN: About suspenders?
Which is why she tosses aside this guess for the next one.

Had she?
JOHN: Why do I not think this at all likely?
About Perry liking her gift, yes I could see Lois bragging about that (it's all about the win).

I was so hoping she would see H.G. Wells.
Not at this time. Sorry.

This should be too odd to process as anything but unreal.
It's a vision, it's not supposed to make total and complete sense.

I wonder if Clark knows enough to know who this person would be. Since he has met Tempus, he should be able to recognize him from a full description, but I guess he was dressed differently so it might be hard.
The Tempus he met in Tempus Anyone and Lois and Clarks, never dressed in this manner and didn't have a beard. I can't see him recognizing him as Tempus without seeing the person she saw in her vision for himself.

She doesn't know that.

This has to be the most terrifying vision Lois has ever had.
Yes. sad

So is she thinking Tempus is the Superman clone?
She doesn't know about clones.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
How did she go through all that in a few seconds?
Aren't brains amazing organs? Dreams which seem to last forever apparently only take seconds or minutes to create in one's mind.

Well, Jimbo being at the planet did not mean this Jimmy was dead.
That's true. She has had visions (back in the Messenger hangar) about Jimmy dying before, though.

Lois: grumble they were not supposed to tell that to Perry.
Aren't caring friends such a pain? laugh

This is really a cross section of all four or so episodes. I was thinking that with Constance caught, Chow married off and the kidnapped children returned we were passed "Illusions of Grandeur" entirely, but with the "That's Brilliant" line still in place, not fully.
Episode wresting!

"The Rival" seems to have been sidelined, but the "Ides of Metropolis" are still working havoc, though mostly this is coming from "Vatman", although it appears Wrong Clark has again been more right by not getting cloned.
He's less likely to donate a lock of his hair to charity than canon Clark was, since having been outed in his dimension he's a bit more protective of his person.

Only sortof, she was the means to get a fight more than anything.
She missed that part of the flashback.

Well, she is right about everything except that it will happen. At least I hope it won't.
cool

I am sure the clone could have found another way to start a fight if she had not existed.
Clark is more likely to fight someone over Lois's safety than for any other reason. <<MoS aside>>

Perry:He is definitely acting like an over-protective father.
Caring friend.

She needs to stop blaming herself for what others do.
But she's better at giving that advice than taking it.

I guess seeing him vanish like that is very disturbing.
[Linked Image]

Won't that just make her more open to kidnapping by the imposer. Although I have to say it never made sense why Lois, who so quickly figured out the clone was not Superman, was so easily fooled later on.
Because Vatman wasn't acting like himself when he picked her up from the DP, he was acting like Superman.

Clark:Why is Lois so afraid? She must have seen a truly horrible vision.
He knows about her mental institution nightmare.

She is lucky Clark knows about her sense of the past, although he does not understand it fully, partly because of Wells withholding information.
Wells, in his defense, doesn't quite know what's going on with Lois and these visions.

Why is she so opposed to going to the conference room?
Because it was from the conference room that Dr. Carlin took her into her custody at the mental institution.

Why not become Superman, so she will calm down about getting a message to him?
Because he wants her to trust him as himself to tell Clark what's going on instead of repeating the same information to Superman and running off; as Clark he can calm her down more quickly (in his opinion).

Since Lois knows CK=SM, this seems an odd statement.
She too thought he'd change into Superman.

Hmm, I can hope Lois will let that she knows the secret drop while she is so distraught, right?
Hope away.

That makes no sense at all.
Why not? You change one of the variables maybe the outcome will change.

If Clark had any doubt if Lois loved him or Superman more, he would have the answer here.
Currently those aren't his doubts.

Not likely. If it was something Lois had known for a while, she would not have had a nervous breakdown in the newsroom like that. She clearly just learned it.
Maybe all the puzzle pieces had just fallen into place. Maybe she just learned that Clark was going to die as well as Superman. Maybe she just learned that this was the date it was going to happen. It's possible she knew some of this earlier.

I think that should be "gravel so as not".
You're right. Fixed.

I think that should be "with which I need his". Even in this distraught of a state Lois would not make that mistake.
Yep. Fixed. Thanks.

Well she never tells him what information she gets from Luthor, so this should not surprise him at all.
He's more disappointed than surprised.

So he knows he keeps secrets from Lois, but does not think she does it as well. Although at least in the Muldoon case I am not sure "secret" is the best term. It is just he has not brought it up to Lois, but he really has not deliberately kept her in the dark over it.
CLARK: There really isn't much to tell, except that Cat impersonated her once to a source.

Even back during those times when Lois wasn’t talking to him,
JOHN: Like the other day when he made a stink about the watch?
No, here he's referring to way back last summer.

How could he have an opportunity to talk to her if she was not talking to him?
She talked to him as her co-worker, but not any more than that. There wasn't any idle chatter.

This should make her understanding of things very confused. Although the fact she did not see the baby and the kryptonite and the space ship probably undermines her ability to understand. I was so hoping she would see that. It would cause her to understand so much more, although probably cause its own set of confusion.
I'm trying to show her visions in the light we usually hear and see of psychic visions on TV, where the psychic knows something but doesn't have enough detailed information to really know it.

Why not Superman and Luthor fighting? That would have made more sense to what she had said.
He is Superman. Also, Superman doesn't "fight" men like Luthor.

More they were fighting near her. The point of the fight was less clear.
LOIS: Of course they were fighting over me. Why else would I be there?

He really does not understand her visions yet.
Some of her visions show what might happen (or did happen) in the future, usually an alt-future. But he's confused by what she's saying. He can't understand how there would be two supermen in her vision of her previous timeline, so he's just trying to make sense of it all, and this is what he comes up with.

I really do not see him and true Clark fighting like that. It really would not make sense. It also does not help that Lois and Clark in canon dimension have apparently not told him about clones.
No, alt-Clark doesn't know about clones. I believe I came up with a good reason for the supermen to battle like this in 'Missing Lois'. laugh

I think I missed some of Lois' thoughts process here.
You're not alone.

Clark agrees with me, Lois' reasoning makes no sense at all.
Yep.

I was so hoping he would tell her. I guess though he is right, if she did not know that CK=SM, this would be a really bad time to tell her.
CLARK: smile1

This will be tested if Wells comes up with a way to un-break the time-line.
[Linked Image]

My guess is she was about to remind him, but then realized she had to make it look like she actually expected him to show up.
LOIS: Sometimes him not knowing that I know is a pain in the neck.

Clark crossed his arms
JOHN: Won't this make him look more like Superman?
And this would be bad, why? wink

I guess this is a reasonable enough worry, but with the amount of stress Lois went through with the arrest, not the most logical one.
PERRY: But she's acting extra crazy lately.

So his claims of trusting Lois but not Luthor seem a little suspect.
He trusts her but the reassurance of his trust is always a plus.

The only reason I do not suspect Perry is right is because the ER said specifically we would not see any children in this story. Although, without that statement, knowing what Lois is actually going through would make the pregnancy unlikely.
Actualy, I'm the EW (Evil Writer). ER = Evil Reader. goofy

I think that should be "grip the arms".
Yes, thank you. I edited that line shortly before posting for some reason I always add an "e" to grip. It so annoys my Betas. LOL. Fixed.

Interesting on first reading that I thought the "they couldn't" was "get pregnant", I guess I had almost forgotten about the curse. grumble at Wells.
Couldn't have sex or get pregnant, both work since one leads to the other.

Perry:Although this is Lois, so maybe she would want to not tell the father too soon, who knows.
clap

I interested this paragraph to mainly refer to the problem caused by the rise of the Metropolis Star.
It refers to both the current economic problems with the DP and as well as the current problems with the IoM virus.

A lot more than he even suspects.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
PERRY: I don't know anything. Anything at all.

Even Laderman being innocent won't be enough to keep her from being prosecuted. Harrison being exposed as the master mind behind "The Ides of Metropolis" and the DA having aided his plan by prosecuting the wrong person and wrong crime might just make the whole thing so embarrassing that they decide to not pursue the matter any more. I wonder if Mayson Drake was on that case.
Hmmmmm.

This is turning into quite an interesting day.
If I'm going to have an neverending day, might as well make it a bizarre one as well.

Well, anyway, Lois is not hearing voices. She is just remembering hearing voices in memories that she thinks are dreams or something.
Technically, Lois did hear Clark's voice at the EPRAD press conference while Clark was MIA.

I can see why Clark did not reveal his secrets. Telling distraught, confused Lois things that would make her more confused would not have helped.
CLARK: dance

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
2 points for John!
Yeah, I got points.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
hyper That she is actually trying to work out the oddities involved.

I would point out that with SMs apparent speed it might not take that long for him to bring Lois from anywhere. Although I guess we do learn in "Dead Lois Walking" that he can not go as fast with Lois in his arms as otherwise.

I also like the added detail of her thinking he does not know that she knows.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It's a vision, it's not supposed to make total and complete sense.
So why assume it all flows in a nice chronology then?

The Tempus he met in Tempus Anyone and Lois and Clarks, never dressed in this manner and didn't have a beard. I can't see him recognizing him as Tempus without seeing the person she saw in her vision for himself.
Well, from her description it makes sense he did not recognize him. In theory, if she decribed some other things about him, he might have recognized him, but even then it is hard to say. It is not like she really heard enough of Tempus's speech to convey it to Clark. Also, I guess she can't exactly tell him about the "Duh" factor without revealing she knows CK=SM, which she is not about to do, ever, at the rate she is going.

She doesn't know that.
Well, it was what he asked. "How did you get hear".

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He's less likely to donate a lock of his hair to charity than canon Clark was, since having been outed in his dimension he's a bit more protective of his person.
That makes sense. Even without the threat of cloning, donating his hair seemed like the last thing a Superman with a secret identity should do. Although I guess Clark keeps his secret by being insanely open about who he is to make people not suspect there is a secret.

Perry:He is definitely acting like an over-protective father.
Caring friend.
Perry:I still like my theory better.

Because Vatman wasn't acting like himself when he picked her up from the DP, he was acting like Superman.
All the more reason I am glad she has a code word with this Superman. Even though I doubt Lex will manage to clone him.

Wells, in his defense, doesn't quite know what's going on with Lois and these visions.
Still he has told Clark less about the matter than he does know. Specifically he has not told Clark that Lois was in the past at the moment true Clark was eliminated.

Why is she so opposed to going to the conference room?
Because it was from the conference room that Dr. Carlin took her into her custody at the mental institution.
I guess I had forgotten or missed that she had remembered that incident.

Because he wants her to trust him as himself to tell Clark what's going on instead of repeating the same information to Superman and running off; as Clark he can calm her down more quickly (in his opinion).
I think it is that he wants to calm her down as Clark, not that it is easier per se. It would make their relationship a lot easier if he just told her he was SM, but I do understand that from what he knows that looks like the worst possible choice right now.

Since Lois knows CK=SM, this seems an odd statement.
She too thought he'd change into Superman.
See, it was the best plan, both Lois and I thought of it.

If Clark had any doubt if Lois loved him or Superman more, he would have the answer here.
Currently those aren't his doubts.
At least he is not noticing the watch.

CLARK: There really isn't much to tell, except that Cat impersonated her once to a source.
Actually, it is now up to multiple times.

I believe I came up with a good reason for the supermen to battle like this in 'Missing Lois'. laugh
I guess it mainly worked. Still, it was way more complex than anything here.

Actually Wells did tell Clark that Lois was there when it happened in canon dimension, just not in this dimension.
Which is the important clue he needs.

My guess is she was about to remind him, but then realized she had to make it look like she actually expected him to show up.
LOIS: Sometimes him not knowing that I know is a pain in the neck.
Lois just tell him you know already.

Clark crossed his arms
JOHN: Won't this make him look more like Superman?
And this would be bad, why? wink
Well, in theory he does not want to throw Lois realizing this at her right now when she is so worried about other issues.

The only reason I do not suspect Perry is right is because the ER said specifically we would not see any children in this story. Although, without that statement, knowing what Lois is actually going through would make the pregnancy unlikely.
Actualy, I'm the EW (Evil Writer). ER = Evil Reader. goofy
Oh, sorry for my mistake. Maybe I should not have read the warnings, then I would be able to figure out if I thought Lois was pregnant here or not. I think I would have guessed no, even though I think they did more in the hospital than she admits. Her visions explain all her actions without needing additional medical causes.

I think that should be "grip the arms".
Yes, thank you. I edited that line shortly before posting for some reason I always add an "e" to grip. It so annoys my Betas. LOL. Fixed.
That way they have something to gripe about.

Interesting on first reading that I thought the "they couldn't" was "get pregnant", I guess I had almost forgotten about the curse. grumble at Wells.
Couldn't have sex or get pregnant, both work since one leads to the other.
True, they can't get pregnant without having sex. However I was thinking at first he was thinking "Lana is right, I can't impregnate an earth women". Then I realized it was the curse that was preventing him becoming a father, not biology.

Technically, Lois did hear Clark's voice at the EPRAD press conference while Clark was MIA.
I had forgotten about that, it was during last month in story, and posted before Easter. Well, she has not told anyone about that. It is good Clark did not go back to his dimension. I do not think Lois could have survived that, even if he had left after three months.

Of course I think it was always only an academic issue, because I don't think Clark could have survived the return to a Loisless world at any point after meeting this Lois.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Two men faced each other on a dusty stretch of town, and not just any town, an old Western town.
She’s either here
[Linked Image]
or here
[Linked Image]

They were dressed identically in skintight blue body suits, red capes, red shorts with a yellow belt, and red boots.
Oh.
[Linked Image]
Duh!

They were twins; although, vocally one of them sounded younger than the other.
Also, one of them has no performance issues. Although, he might be a bit too fast for her to catch up when the time comes.

“You and I… we have so much in common, we’re linked. We’re… we’re brothers.”
LOIS: I will *not* call frog-face my sister. She tried to sleep with you.
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: :rolleyes: Fine. *You* tried to sleep with *her*. Do you really think this helps your point here?
LUCY: I’m between boyfriends…

No, it couldn’t be, since he had just seen her, but he didn’t know that she knew he was Superman. Or, perhaps, this was how their day would have gone if he hadn’t met her in the supply closet. Yes, that must have been it.
And now she’s going cookoo again.

In front of her, a man stood in a bright blue jumpsuit and a silver vest,
They sure like the blue jumpsuits, huh?
TEMPUS: It’s not *my* fault that that’s the only line of men’s clothing available in the future. *Everyone* looks like that boyscout. If you discount the overweight. Ugh. If the dating-aged women would at least dress up as Ultra Woman instead of Lois Lane, but *noooooo*…

He was somewhat dressed like Superman, except Superman would never have a gun.
SUPERMAN: Hey, I could have come down with a case of green fever and am facing down Luthor. I *could* wield a gun for such a special occasion.

He was transparent and fading, a literal invisible man. Only his clothes seemed to remain.
LOIS: grumble Wrong kind of invisibility spell…

A breeze floated through the trees and with it, she heard Clark’s voice, ~I’ll always love you, Lois.~
Oh boy. So, that’s why she went cookoo?

“Okay, calm down, Lois,” Clark whispered from beside her, and the warm supportive arms, which had been holding her, retracted. “You fainted.”
Maybe she’s pregnant?

“Lois fainted, Chief,” Jimmy informed him, extracting himself from Lois’s embrace.

Their boss two-finger pointed at him and announced, “That’s brilliant, Jimmy!” He shook his head.
laugh

It was all her fault that Clark would die.
Wrong year.

Why don’t you come and lie down? I’ll call upstairs and see if we can’t find a doctor to check you out.”
DOC CARLIN: You rang?

He guessed if she were going to look for Superman, she would try contacting him from the roof.
So, crazy woman, out on the roof…

If staying away from me saves you and Superman, it’s a sacrifice I’ll gladly make.”
Maybe if she fell herself off the roof…?

“Because it is. I was there. If I’m not there, maybe you’ll survive,” she said, and then added as if an afterthought. “Superman, too.”
Yeah, sounds like she’s headed for a 48-hour supervision at the psych ward.

Then again, he never told her about working with Cat on the Brenda Muldoon investigation or his probing into Luthor’s dealings.
Neither does Lois tell Clark about the probing that’s going on between her and Lex.

Her shoulder muscles remained tense, so he began to massage them.
What about the telescope Lex has trained on the DP rooftop?

“Superman and his…” Lois pulled back to look Clark in the eye. “Did you know that Superman has a twin… a twin brother?”
That must mess with this Clark even more than with the other one.
CLARK: He’s back. eek And his majorly ticked off! I was just borrowing her. I wasn’t going to dent her or anything.

Of him battling her True Clark for her and losing?
See?

If he had to defeat her soul mate to ‘win’ her, would she still want him? He guessed not.
Couldn’t they share her? I mean, it’s not like they could consummate anyway, so he shouldn’t feel too icked out. And that way they could more easily establish a 24-hour watch over her while still assisting the world at large.

If True Superman were to return and Lois no longer wanted him, the wrong Clark, he would die of a broken heart, having nothing left to live for, as the man from her dream had said.
Is Clark going to secede when Vatman shows up? Now, that would be evil.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She swallowed. “Anyway, you just disappear.”
NOR: People disappear when I just look at them, too.

His eyes widened with realization. She had witnessed the end of his existence. Was that why she had memories of her other timeline?
hyper Virignia? Oh dear.

Clark raised a hand to his head, trying to wrap his mind around Lois’s “facts” to find reason to them.
Is it really productive to try and find reason in the hallucinogenic ramblings of a madwoman?

when suddenly I found myself in the woods, battling some Superman groupie or something,” Lois said.
Superman, he’s not just for women anymore.

“The gun.”

That would do it. He nodded. Another Kryptonian wouldn’t need a gun on Earth.
CHING: /raises gun to head/

“You were gone. It felt as if my heart was torn from my body.”
TEMPUS: /makes note: Re-enact Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom/

“I love you, Lois. I will always love you. I promise that I will never willingly leave you,” he said, giving her the best he could give. “Unless you send me away.”
Now, that’s a dangerous promise. The number of times Lois gets mad, she might kick him out one too many times. He might not come back.

“Octopus!” she said, pointing at Clark, and then gasped, placing a hand over her mouth. “I didn’t mean it!” she called out into the sky.
wave
CLARK: [Linked Image]

***End of Part 19***
I think you missed a ‘1’ there…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
2 points for John!
Yeah, I got points.
The person with the most points at the end of this story gets a sneak peak at the prologue/Part 1 of Book 3. Although, that's also a perk of being a beta.

[John's excited] That she is actually trying to work out the oddities involved.
LOIS: You mean visions don't mean anything? They're like delusions?

I would point out that with SMs apparent speed it might not take that long for him to bring Lois from anywhere. Although I guess we do learn in "Dead Lois Walking" that he can not go as fast with Lois in his arms as otherwise.
But he can fly her fast enough to take her to Thailand for dinner.

I also like the added detail of her thinking he does not know that she knows.
Well, I've got to keep reminding my Readers in case they've gotten distracted in the last 20 parts or so.

EW: It's a vision, it's not supposed to make total and complete sense.
JOHN: So why assume it all flows in a nice chronology then?
Me or Lois?

Well, from her description it makes sense he did not recognize him. In theory, if she decribed some other things about him, he might have recognized him, but even then it is hard to say. It is not like she really heard enough of Tempus's speech to convey it to Clark. Also, I guess she can't exactly tell him about the "Duh" factor without revealing she knows CK=SM, which she is not about to do, ever, at the rate she is going.
Exactly.

JOHN: But he only wonders how Lois got there, not how he did.
EW: She doesn't know that.
JOHN: Well, it was what he asked. "How did you get hear".
So, she's supposed to catch that nuance right off the bat every time?

That makes sense. Even without the threat of cloning, donating his hair seemed like the last thing a Superman with a secret identity should do. Although I guess Clark keeps his secret by being insanely open about who he is to make people not suspect there is a secret.
Also the early nineties is the beginning of DNA testing, so he might know they can do that.

Still he has told Clark less about the matter than he does know. Specifically he has not told Clark that Lois was in the past at the moment true Clark was eliminated.
True, but Wells doesn't like people to know too much about their future and/or their past.

Maybe I should not have read the warnings, then I would be able to figure out if I thought Lois was pregnant here or not. I think I would have guessed no, even though I think they did more in the hospital than she admits. Her visions explain all her actions without needing additional medical causes.
cool It's a good thing that the EW *never* lies to her readers to throw them off track.

EW: Technically, Lois did hear Clark's voice at the EPRAD press conference while Clark was MIA.
JOHN: I had forgotten about that, it was during last month in story, and posted before Easter. Well, she has not told anyone about that. It is good Clark did not go back to his dimension. I do not think Lois could have survived that, even if he had left after three months.
LOIS: Gee, thanks.

Of course I think it was always only an academic issue, because I don't think Clark could have survived the return to a Loisless world at any point after meeting this Lois.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: hyper

They sure like the blue jumpsuits, huh?
TEMPUS: It’s not *my* fault that that’s the only line of men’s clothing available in the future. *Everyone* looks like that boyscout. If you discount the overweight. Ugh. If the dating-aged women would at least dress up as Ultra Woman instead of Lois Lane, but *noooooo*…
clap Nobody told him that LL=UW, have they?

SUPERMAN: Hey, I could have come down with a case of green fever and am facing down Luthor. I *could* wield a gun for such a special occasion.
LOIS: What happened to "thou shall not kill"?
SUPERMAN: That only applies to good guys, innocent victims, and the woman you love.
CANON CLARK: eek

LOIS: grumble Wrong kind of invisibility spell…
HERMIONE: Yep, the Hogwarts of the America is a total party school. She's even more of a muggle than I am... was.

Oh boy. So, that’s why she went cookoo?
That might have had something to do with it.

Maybe she’s pregnant?
cool

Why don’t you come and lie down? I’ll call upstairs and see if we can’t find a doctor to check you out.”
DOC CARLIN: You rang?
ARI: Wait! That's one of the bimbos my husband is dating.
LOIS: Bimbo?... One of?... Wait. Who's your husband?
LEX: Did I mention that she's bonkers? [Linked Image]
CLARK: Well, she did marry you, didn't she?

So, crazy woman, out on the roof…
But... but... that's like a bat signal for Superman.

Maybe if she fell herself off the roof…?
HAL: I was just passing through this quadrant on the way to check out the Martian colonies.
BATMAN: I had a date.

Yeah, sounds like she’s headed for a 48-hour supervision at the psych ward.
LEX: I'm supervisor.

Neither does Lois tell Clark about the probing that’s going on between her and Lex.
LOIS: I'm probing his *mind*.
CLARK: I know. Otherwise you'd be dead.
LOIS: Are you threatening me, Kent?
CLARK: /holds up hands in self defense/ No, no. I mean, because of the numerous STDs he has.

What about the telescope Lex has trained on the DP rooftop?
LEX: evil

Right. Like she would tell him all about her trysts with Lex.
LEX: She’d better not. I bought her wholesale for the entire night. She has no need to recount the details to her pimp for itemized billing.
CAT: Don't worry, she hasn't told me anything either, so nothing must have happened between her and Lex. Then again, she has refused to tell me about Clark too.

LOIS: I’ll jump off that building before visiting a shrink. I mean it.
Good thing Clark got her off the roof then.

And he’ll keep honoring her on the backseat of her Jeep when they park in the Metropolis Forrest.
CLARK: /scoffs/ We're not teenagers, and we both have apartments with beds.

…and the beancounters upstairs need to know before it’s obvious and they can still take action without becoming liable to a discrimination lawsuit?
PERRY: Like I'd tell those beancounters anything.

LOIS: [trying out her new innocent expression]
CLARK: In my defense, you pseudo daughter is really hot, Mr. White.

“So, what are you going to do to make sure that you don’t die today?” Perry asked.
ER: Avoid the color green like the plague?
DAN: [waves and points at his new green Hawaiian shirt]
CLARK: [tries to avoid hurling over said shirt]
Why would Dan visit Clark if Lois was avoiding him?

***End of Part 19***
I think you missed a ‘1’ there…
Thanks, fixed. Must have been wishful thinking.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Also, one of them has no performance issues. Although, he might be a bit too fast for her to catch up when the time comes.

Canon Clark?
CloneClark with teenage-boy-syndrome :p

CLARK: No, but Lucy just has.
laugh

Nobody told him that LL=UW, have they?
help

CLARK: Living on a completely other planet. How much more 'disappeared' do you want me to get?
Is that a wise question to ask a psychopathic warmonger?

quote: He’s smarter than he looks.

CLARK: Thanks. I have good days. Hey! What do you mean I look stupid?
[Linked Image]

I refuse to mention how long it will be shorter than in hopes of not drawing the fates' attention.
[Linked Image]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Superman, he’s not just for women anymore.

CLARK: /wryly/ Lovely.
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

CLARK: /watches Ching commit suicide/ Really? I was sure he would stop it. Firstly, he's Kryptonian and a bullet wouldn't really kill him. Secondly, he loves Zara. Thirdly, did he really think I'd want to prove myself worthy of ruling another kingdom I don't want to go to?
LOIS: Oooo! /swoons/ Jimmy!

quote: TEMPUS: /makes note: Re-enact Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom/

LOIS: Figuratively.
TEMPUS: But... but... we're in pre-production!
Maybe he should sue?

Her minds on other things. In the grand scheme of things an insult here and there won't break them up or he would have been gone at "lunkhead".
To be fair, he stayed with Lana for years and she’s a frigid ice queen compared to Lois. Or is that Lois is a Cat in heat compared to Lana?

quote: Pregnant.

No comment.
/thinks the narrator is really quite unreliable indeed/

I really need to work on those surprise twists with a little less foreshadowing.
To be fair, when you have a Lois and Clark in any sort of compromising position, people naturally assume that she’s pregnant. It’s like those movies, when the teen girl has had sex, she’s going to die a horrible, bloody death. So, the greater surprise will be if she’s not pregnant. But will you then do a flippety-flip and make her pregnant after all?

quote:See? Let’s hope Lex hasn’t bugged the office.

LEX: Why would I care what Perry White is up to?
Reasons why Lex Luthor ends up as Haggis on the plaza in front of Lex Tower.

There can't be two Loosy Lanes?
Well, usually nicknames aren’t recycled that closely together. Plus, it would cause an awful lot of sibling rivalry and competition.

CLARK: But she swore to me that 'nothing happened!'
LOIS: I didn't swear.
[Linked Image]

CLARK: That isn't what I meant. I was going to say, that you wouldn't have 'let that happen'.
LOIS: uh-huh.
Her getting pregnant?

Yes, Lois his ever-so-honest partner reassured Clark on his birthday that his dream about them boinking every way and sideways in the hospital was a figment of his imagination. /is enjoying herself very much/
help

quote: And he’ll keep honoring her on the backseat of her Jeep when they park in the Metropolis Forrest.

CLARK: /scoffs/ We're not teenagers, and we both have apartments with beds.
Much less fun that way when he’s explaining himself to Perry.

CLARK: In my defense, you pseudo daughter is really hot, Mr. White.
I don’t think he’s helping his point any.

ER: Avoid the color green like the plague?
DAN: [shows up to make mischief]
CLARK: [turns the color of jealousy-green]

Why would Dan visit Clark if Lois was avoiding him?
/points up to quote/

Thanks, fixed. Must have been wishful thinking.
wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
But he can fly her fast enough to take her to Thailand for dinner.
Maybe it was an all day date, and they stopped in Hawaii for lunch and in Los Angeles for a midnight snack on the way back.

It is part of the large body of extra things mentioned briefly in the show, that really have not been fleshed out much in fan-fiction. About all that has been that I can think of is the date after "Individual Responsibility" and the Christmas portion of Season 1. Here in "Wrong Clark" we also got the true story of why Lois went to the Honey-moon suite, not the one she told her colleges.

True, but Wells doesn't like people to know too much about their future and/or their past.
Read- he manipulates people by controlling what they know.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard