Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95740 06/06/13 03:05 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Three days from now is Sunday, my time, but I doubt I will have time to post the next part then. Hopefully, it will be Monday.

Thanks for reading!

Corrina.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I don't cook anything more complicated than spaghetti, and I don't always get that right.

But this story is great! I can see how cooking with the right person would be a physical, even sensual, experience, and Lois can feel it too.

This is my favorite line from this part.

"Much better," she said.

His smile came, garnished with a dash of satisfaction.
Corrina, you are a genius! You not only told us in a very few words what was going on between them, but you did it with a cooking metaphor. Very well done! (Wait, that's steak, and they're cooking chicken, right?)

Doesn't matter. I'm wondering how Lois is going to convince Clark to stay and enjoy the meal and how she plans to gently dismiss poor old put-upon Claude, who I thought was French but who Lois says is Italian:

"How about …" Clark paused. "… your guest?"

"Claude," Lois said. "I'm not sure. He's Italian. Do they eat spicy food in Italy?"
But maybe he'll call and cancel at the last minute, saving Lois the trouble of running him off. Of course, you probably have some other ingenious way of getting these two together, don't you?

Don't you?

Waiting until Monday, simmering with impatience.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I wondering about that Italian / French mistake too, because she mentioned to her sister that Claude was French and was hesitant about making Italian for him. She'd have to be *really* stupid to try to make Italian food for a real Italian. It would be like making French Fries and French Toast and serving them with French Dressing for a French Man, totally [Linked Image]. Is this just Lois being flustered by Clark and not really thinking about Claude? Or a typo? drool over Clark.

I love how Clark makes his own curry mixes. clap So Clark!

Yeah, you want to be careful of those chillies even with no cuts. My hubby (professional chef) used to work in a Mexican restaurant, and had to wear protective gloves when working with chillies because their juice (especially when you work with a lot of them) will burn your hands. They definitely will dry out your skin. Good thing Clark's invulnerable... to everything but Lois, it seems.

Fun part. clap Very delicious!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Don't want to pile on, but pretty sure Claude was French and you had established that earlier...

Anyway, enjoying the repartee and double entendres... You should post Clark's recipe at the end of the story. laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You should post Clark's recipe at the end of the story.
I second that! This story is making me crave for this recipe. drool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part. I assumed Lois was scatterbrained due to Clark's nearness when she called Claude Italian. She spent the entire time wondering if Clark was eager to get to his assumed date.
Very good.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I like how Lois knows absolutely nothing about Clark's personal life, yet she's jealously obsessing over a possible girlfriend. He seems determined not to tell her anything either way, though. From his perspective, why should she care? She's got a date with someone special, so she's unavailable. She doesn't need to know that he's unattached and dateless only to feel sorry for him.

I'm eager to see Clark's reaction when Lois comes out of her room all dolled up for her date.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Wow! They really are cooking now. wink

This was a rare treat that was extremely well done. (Sorry; I couldn't resist. peep )

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
No time to reply fully, because I've finally worked out how to end this fic and I need to get it written. hyper

Re Claude's nationality ... well picked up.

I don't think Lois was concentrating fully on Claude at the time. Just saying ...

Thanks for all the lovely feedback.

Corrina.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have a suspicion that Clark does not have a date. His statements do not suggest that to me, although maybe it is mainly that I don't want him to have a date.

It seems that Lois is much more enamored with Clark than she is with Claude. I really hope that keeps up. I hope Claude ends up cancelling.

John Pack Lambert
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I loved how Lois was obsessing about Clark's love life when she is supposed to be cooking for a low-life like Claude. I can't wait until they get a bit closer. Maybe Clark gets some sauce on his lip that Lois can't resist "helping" him remove. wink
Sarah

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know that a story is good when after reading it you search the internet for a recipe of Butter Chicken and you just have to make it. blush Yes, yesterday I couldn't get this story out of my head so I looked for a recipe, got the ingredients and made it for dinner. drool Hummm... totally worth it! Everybody loved the dish and surely I'm going to make it again. thumbsup But I still want Clark's recipe. The one I used was not the same. It was yummy but I believe Clark's recipe is still better. hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i love this story! food sounds yummy - i'm gonna make a snack now :-)

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Quick update - my son has been in hospital since Friday with a severe infection in his leg. The drs think he'll be OK, but they don't expect he'll be released until mid-week at the earliest. Therefore, there's going to be a delay in posting both of my stories.

Thanks for your patience. smile

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for letting us know, I hope your son recovers quickly!

{Hugs}

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sorry that your son isn't feeling well, FH. I hope he's home and better soon.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Honestly I'm with UltraWoman! I gotta try this recipe!!!!

Wonderful story! Lois is learning how to cook and Clark is the one doing the teaching. Oh, no doubt they will create yummy heat in the kitchen!

Quick! Somebody lock the door so Claude doesn't walk in.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I hope you son is doing well. I will keep him in my prayers. I hope he recovers fully.

John Pack Lambert
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
1. Definitely, I want that recipe! Just reading it, makes my mouth watery. thumbsup
2. Is Lois mind-babbling?? Jajaja! I love that part, when she starts questioning about Clark's romantic life. laugh
3. Is she so stunned with Clark's presence, that she forget Claude's nationality? Well, having THAT "culinary instructor", probably I'll be so distracted that surely I would burn water... shock

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard