Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Clark and Lois aren't the only smart cookies in Metropolis. laugh

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 11:50 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
One of my many suggestions for possible reasons why Henderson wanted to talk to Lois was right! laugh I'm glad that Henderson has the watch, and I hope that Luthor's spies in the MPD don't know about it or don't know enough to report it to him. Hmmm... I don't think Clark's that lucky.

It's a pity that Lois doesn't feel like she can tell Henderson where she got the watch. I assume that he would be trustworthy with the knowledge that she's investigating Luthor, but does she know that she can trust him? (Please tell me that Henderson is actually trustworthy. I love that guy! I always picture the version from the old George Reeves Adventures of Superman show.)

I wonder what's going to happen as a result of Luthor having a picture of the Kents. Was the picture labeled? Will he be able to figure out who they are? (Or who their counterparts are?) At least they have a birth certificate for Clark, but how are they going to explain his not growing up in Smallville? They can claim that they raised him, but that won't fly if anyone asks the residents of Smallville about it.

I wonder if there were any other messages on Clark's answering machine tape. They got to the safety deposit box one and stopped.

I'm really enjoying these new developments. smile

This sentence is ambiguous, and I read it wrong at first, but I'm not sure how it could be re-worded:
It must be his nightmare about Luthor killing him and Lois polluting his mind; other than that, the watch still seemed unfamiliar.
I read that as "his nightmare about (Luthor killing him) and (Lois polluting his mind)" instead of "his nightmare about (Luthor killing him and Lois) polluting his mind."

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
grumble No Lois and Clark interacting again in this section. grumble grumble grumble

“Not feeling very pro-good guy at the moment,” she grumbled, stepping into the elevator. Where in the hell had her good guy been all night?
It looks like Lois is mad that Clark did not bail her out sooner.

“Okay, Henderson, you’re being overly friendly,” Lois accused the inspector as she watched him glance through his office window to the street below.
So does he see Luthor's limo waiting?

Lois choked on her donut. It was a photo of her watch.
Why didn't he show this to her sooner?

The Kryptonite watch that Lex had given to her at Christmas.
I guess she is sure it is Kryptonite now.

Henderson pressed his lips together, shut the box of donuts, and moved it out of her reach. Great. He was playing both good cop and bad cop with her… multiple personalities cop.
It is how he deals with the budget cuts.

Lois couldn’t picture Cat as a law and order type,
frown I was hoping this would make Lois suspect that Cat ratted her out for hiding Lauderman.

but then again, her brother-in-law did work for the MPD, so maybe he turned it over to the good inspector.
And maybe he reported that Lois was hiding a fugitive. Suspect Cat, suspect Cat!

“No,” she replied. It wasn’t hers. Lex gave it to her. She refused it and gave it back. He slipped it into her briefcase, and she threw it away. She had never accepted it.
Why does she just not admit it is hers, more or less?

Henderson thought about that for a moment, and then shrugged. “About six weeks ago, a jeweler in the diamond district had his neck broken. His shop was set ablaze to cover up the murder. The fire spread to neighboring shops, decimating a series of historic buildings and businesses.”
This seems like overkill.

Lex had been drunk and upset that she wasn’t wearing the watch.
hyper she thinks Lex was drunk.

No, wait, not drunk, Miranda had sprayed him with her love potion.
I was hoping she would not remember that detail.

The following day, Clark had flaked out of a press conference to cover that fire. Understandable now that she knew the truth, but at the time very annoying. Boring press conferences were much better with Clark’s presence
hyper she likes being with Clark.

She could tie Lex directly to the watch. If Henderson could link the watch to this dead jeweler, did that mean she could tie Lex to this jeweler’s murder?
party she can end her undercover investigation now.

Only… only, it was her word against Lex’s that he gave her the Kryptonite watch. Damn! Moreover, nobody had ever seen her with it, or saw him give it to her. It was all circumstantial evidence, too.
OK, I guess I jumped the gun. Still, wouldn't things go better if she told Henderson that Luthor gave her the watch.

“According to the brother of the dead jeweler, the crystals on this watch were cut in his style,” Henderson said.
Clearly links it to Luthor. Motives are clearly even shown. Still, probably not enough to make charges stick. Still, wouldn't it be better if more people knew what was up?

Superman had worked that fire, but Clark hadn’t gotten sick.
All the kryptonite that jeweler ever saw was at the bottom of the bay by then. If Luthor had more he did not process if through that jeweler.

“No. I don’t. I don’t know anything about it actually, except what Clark wrote in his article,” she said.
Why does she not put forward her theory that Luthor did the dead?

“Well, you may have noticed, Lois, the invisible sign outside my door, which reads ‘Organized Crime Division’,” Henderson said.
Tell him your suspicions of who did the murder, Lois.

“Yeah, if I investigated organized crime, I’d probably not brag about it either,” Lois admitted.
Isn't that what she is doing investigating Luthor?

Or, thirdly, could it all have been a terrible coincidence?
Sadly it is the third case.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Wait. Clark had this watch on his person when you found him?” she sputtered. That would certainly explain his lack of powers.
You know, I should have figured that all along, and expected Simon's diving exercises to come up blank.

She thought he had merely swum over the general vicinity of the watch, which caused him to lose his strength and abilities.
He would not have blacked out in that case, and nearly did, and been in the hospital.

On the other hand, had Henderson sent divers down to search for evidence after they discovered someone had tried to kill Clark there, and just assumed that Clark had the watch on him when they found it?
I guess that might work, but his wording suggests the former.

“I found that watch in my briefcase on Christmas morning,”
I guess this is totally true, yet it is misleading.

“That seems like a strange reaction to receiving a gift,” Henderson said.

She hadn’t said it was a gift. “It was an ugly watch, so I figured I was doing the world a service,” she replied. So much for her good intentions.
On first reading I thought she was being entirely truthful in this response to Henderson's comment. However on further thought I realized that she is not. A big reason why she rejected the gift was the giver, and what it represented both that a-he tried to give it to her, and b-much more, that he refused to accept her initial rejection of it.

“So, you weren’t wearing the watch, and it didn’t just happen to slip off your wrist and fall into the bay while you were there?” he asked, leaning back in his chair and tapping a finger to his lips.

Yeah, that would have been a better story.
If Clark only knew about this rejection of a gift from Luthor, he might be less torn up about the LoLex watch.

Lois shrugged. “I’m not one of those women who drool over expensive rocks,” she said.
Clark:Then why was she so quick to go with Luthor when he offered her something, if she is not obsessed with material things.

Henderson smiled. “You could say that. They’re so rare nobody seems to know what they are.”
We just hope that they keep it that way.

They? Did that mean that the red crystals were red Kryptonite? Superman had never mentioned red Kryptonite.
He does not know there is such a thing.

Then again, he had never mentioned the green type either until she pressed him about it. She felt like slugging Clark. How was she supposed to keep him safe if he kept her out of the loop?
I think he has never considered the importance of Lois keeping him safe. It is a reverse of roles that he has not really considered. He should, but he hasn't.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Save for the part about Lex having tried and failed to give her the watch the night before, and admitting at that luncheon in February that he had slipped it into her briefcase before she had left the Christmas Eve party.
Why is she not telling Henderson that part?

She shook her head. “I accidentally left my briefcase at work on Christmas Eve. Anyone could have slipped it inside,” she said. She now understood how Clark could say one thing, which sounded like another, without truly lying.
We'll the shaking her said makes this really seem like lying to me.

Lois thought for a moment. “Yeah. Later on in the day, he came in. We had been out late the night…”
smile1 she admits they were together.

“What is this? The dating game? Clark and I are friends and partners, nothing more,” she lied.
I am glad it is a lie.

“We hang out sometimes. That night, Cat Grant had invited us to her family’s Christmas party…”
Lois:Well, actually it was more just Clark who was invited, and I came as his plus one, but Henderson does not need to know that.

“Your partner being found in Hob’s Bay with this bauble stuck around his shoe,” he said.
Actually it is a result of narrative efficiency.

Lois’s jaw dropped for a brief moment. “Stuck around his shoe?”
No wonder he nearly died.

“How did it get around his shoe?” she asked.
He was swimming near the bottom of the ocean.

“Was it there all night?” Lois asked. Maybe red Kryptonite does something different to Clark than green does, she thought.
She is thinking very clearly about all this.

Green Kryptonite takes away Clark’s powers, but what if red made him stronger? Nah, if that were the case, Clark wouldn’t have ended up in the hospital with an IV in his arm.
Good point. Although red kryptonite seems to do whatever is called for by the plot. I am still not entirely clear what it did in this encounter.

“Back? But you claimed it wasn’t yours,” Henderson replied.
frown I was hoping she would take this opportunity to explain more in detail her connection to the watch, allowing for possible implicating of Luthor.

“Fine, rare crystals,” Lois corrected, with a roll of her eyes. Last thing she or Clark needed was to have Lex find out that MPD had her watch and steal it back.
That would be bad, very bad.

“It’s a ticket, Ms. Lane, for littering. Please pay it on your way out.”
smile1 he is collaborating Lois's story exactly, even though the inclusion of Lois in the invite is a bit of a stretch.

Clark’s heart skipped a beat as he broke out in a sweat. The watch was real. It was almost as if he could feel the Kryptonite shards pierce his skin as they had in his nightmare.
He should realize that dreams often involve real images, even if you can not fully access them with your conscience mind. Of course, I guess in context it seem to just be a reflection on Lois "bought with a watch" Lane.

Lois:I was not bought with a watch. I took the watch as part of my investigation. Stop harping on it, you are totally misunderstanding it. Lex did not get anything out of giving me the watch.

Reader:Me thinks she doth protest too much.

Lois:You just don't get it.

He tried to take a deep breath, but only managed several shallow ones, before picking up the photo with a shaking hand. He knew his reaction could only be from his nightmare, as Kryptonite couldn’t harm him through a photograph. “Where? I… This… What is this?” he finally asked.
It must be a disturbing nightmare.

Lois: grumble At Herb and his talk of curses.

“I’ll be discreet, Kent,” Henderson promised softly. “It’s possible that your dream has something to do your disappearance.”
I think that should be "do with your".

“I doubt it,” Clark replied, setting the photo back down on the desk.
Not unless Lois came over to his apartment and they were getting really friendly like, at least to the level of good friends as seen in "Lord of the Flies", when the kidnappers came and took Clark.

“Wait. Does this have to do with my abduction?” He pointed at the picture.
I guess Lois has not told him about her theory about the watch at all. frown

“It’s a watch?” Clark exclaimed, picking up the photo again and studying it closer. “Oh, God, it is a watch.” He took a deep breath and exhaled, trembling. “In my dream, Lois was wearing this watch. It had been a gift from Luthor. He shot it off her wrist, and it… it… killed us both.”
Interesting. The watch killed Lois. I guess flying pieces of metal and crystal do that.

“Hmmmm,” Henderson contemplated this answer. “Where were you when this happened?”
At first this seemed a really odd question, until I looked closer and realized that the "midst of rapture" was in Clark's thoughts and he had not said anything directly to admit what he was doing with Lois in the dream. Although his claims about "it's personal" might suggest it was something he would not want to share.

Clark set down the picture upside-down. “At the Daily Planet, in the stairwell.”
I was expecting him to say "in bed". I guess though the stairwell is where they were most recently friendly-like.

“I told you it didn’t have anything to do with my attempted murder.”
Well, since Henderson knew that the watch was not shot, I am not sure why he expected it to have any clear meaning here.

“Probably not,” Henderson replied, and then shot him a grin. “Unless Lois had something to do with your abduction.”

Clark didn’t even dignify that statement with a response.
Well, his abduction occurred because of Lois.

Clark leaned forward. “No, let me hear it.” He caught the policeman’s eyes. “Please.” He was missing so much of that night that he didn’t even remember leaving this message on Lois’s machine, despite Lois having mentioned it to him. He was curious what he had said.
This makes sense.

Clark leaned back in his chair. Telling Lois not to worry about him because he was invulnerable on the very night he was abducted and exposed to Kryptonite seemed quite ironic now,
Or maybe just a sign he was getting too prideful, since his exposure and near death was largely the result of his stupid checking of a glow underwater that he should have realized was Kryptonite.

Minha. That seemed so long ago, and Clark wondered if Lois could ever really be ‘his’.
frown especially since in many ways she already is.

Henderson popped out that tape and taking another one from the file, placed it into the machine. “Any idea on what that story was you were planning on telling your partner, loverboy?”
I half think it would seem more normal for Henderson to say "any idea what that story was". The on seems like an unneeded word.

Clark blushed. No point in denying that he and Lois were a couple to Henderson. Clearly, the man wasn’t buying the whole “just partners” ruse.
The minha kills that.

Clark had been going to tell Lois he was Superman.
grumble at Luthor for messing everything up.

Clark’s brow furrowed and he held up a hand. “Wait. My bank contacted me about my safety deposit box? It shouldn’t be up for renewal yet. I rented it last May. Why would they call me?” He looked at the inspector in confusion.
I thought Lois had told Clark about this call at some point.

Henderson stopped the tape. “Kent, I’m sorry. I thought you knew,” he said. “The National Bank of New Troy was robbed the night before Superman left to deal with Nightfall Major. Your safety deposit box was one of the ones hit.”
I guess Luthor wanted to avoid it being too obvious who his target was.

“Why?... Why didn’t anyone tell me?”
Actually, why didn't they play this tape back to him sooner?

“I’m sorry. Somehow in the confusion of you not having any memories, and then having them again, toss in Nightfall Minor, I thought Ms. Lane had told you, and she must have thought I had done the same. I am terribly sorry,” Henderson said, flipping open a notepad.
Clark:Well, you are the one who drove Lois mad by keeping her away from me all day. You should have debriefed me better, don't go blaming Lois for this problem, you had hours to tell me before she ever showed up.

except some old newspaper clippings
grumble Why doesn't Henderson tell him Henderson tell him Lois dropped the watch in the water on Christmas?

I still hope he sees Lois on his way out. We are seeing a lot of Henderson. So much so this is beginning to remind me of the old "adventures of Superman" TV show. Although I guess we have not let Henderson displace Lois.

Clark:What are you talking about, I only got to talk with Henderson this part, not Lois at all, I feel like he has displaced her. grumble

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Time to catch up with FDK. smile1

mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you taking the time to comment. laugh
One of my many suggestions for possible reasons why Henderson wanted to talk to Lois was right! smile I'm glad that Henderson has the watch, and I hope that Luthor's spies in the MPD don't know about it or don't know enough to report it to him. Hmmm... I don't think Clark's that lucky.
Luckily, Henderson knows enough not to keep it regular evidence lock-up.

It's a pity that Lois doesn't feel like she can tell Henderson where she got the watch. I assume that he would be trustworthy with the knowledge that she's investigating Luthor, but does she know that she can trust him? (Please tell me that Henderson is actually trustworthy. I love that guy! I always picture the version from the old George Reeves Adventures of Superman show.)
Yes, Henderson is trustworthy, otherwise I wouldn't have let him on the secret. Lois, on the other hand, trusts very few people (um... Perry, Clark, and possibly Jimmy). So, trusting a cop, especially after being arrested, isn't up there on her to-do list. I like the Henderson from the old AoS show too, but this one is based on Richard Belzer's portrayal. He was the main reason I watched L&O:SVU because the storylines usually were too graphically horrible for me, but he kept dragging me back. Here, I thought his Henderson would be a great love interest for Cat. Unfortunately, I had already married him off. Sigh. Maybe they would be perfect for one another in another dimension. Hmmmmm. Interesting thought...

I wonder what's going to happen as a result of Luthor having a picture of the Kents. Was the picture labeled? Will he be able to figure out who they are? (Or who their counterparts are?)
What Lex did with the photo is described in this scene from:
Part 84:
Lex set down the phone. He held the small photo retrieved from Kent’s safety deposit box in his hand. A couple thousand dollars worth of gold and an old photo of a couple were all that his team had found. He hated that Kent remained an enigma.

Nigel knocked on his door, and Lex waved him in. “What do you have for me?”

“This is the article from the Daily Planet about Superman retrieving his missing ship from that couple in Kansas,” Nigel explained.

Lex compared the photos. It was the same couple. They were a little bit older now, but the appearance clearly showed the same people. “So, this confirms that he is their son?” he asked.

Nigel shook his head. “There is no record of the Kents having any children.”

Lex tapped his fingers on his desk, turning the photo around in his other hand. “You mentioned that it was thought that Kent was the illegitimate child of this farmer, is that not correct? Any leads on that front?”

“If he was, Jonathan Kent’s name wasn’t on the birth certificate,” Nigel said.

Lois said she had seen Kent’s birth certificate. If so, where was it? Nigel had searched Kent’s apartment personally, and didn’t find it. The safety deposit box, while a good idea, had nothing of real value in it. Lois claimed to know his true identity, but then again Kent already had gained her affections. She could have lied to Lex about it. “Float him,” Lex ordered. He had already spent more than enough time on this man.
Lex then tosses the photo in his fireplace. The Kents, themselves, are useless to him unless he discovers that CK=SM.

At least they have a birth certificate for Clark, but how are they going to explain his not growing up in Smallville? They can claim that they raised him, but that won't fly if anyone asks the residents of Smallville about it.
cool

I wonder if there were any other messages on Clark's answering machine tape. They got to the safety deposit box one and stopped.
The rest of the messages on the tape were from Lois (mostly yelling at Clark) and can also be found in Part 84

I'm really enjoying these new developments.
Thank you. For some reason, great A-plots only come to me when I'm in the middle of an already too long fic. laugh

I read that as "his nightmare about (Luthor killing him) and (Lois polluting his mind)" instead of "his nightmare about (Luthor killing him and Lois) polluting his mind."
I've reworked it, so now Lois isn't polluting his mind. wink Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the comments.
grumble No Lois and Clark interacting again in this section. grumble grumble grumble
hyper

On first reading I thought she was being entirely truthful in this response to Henderson's comment. However on further thought I realized that she is not. A big reason why she rejected the gift was the giver, and what it represented both that a-he tried to give it to her, and b-much more, that he refused to accept her initial rejection of it.
And c) it was ugly. So, semi-truthful. Lois's description of the watch when Lex first showed it to her:
Part 69
Figuring that she would seem rude if she didn’t accept the gift, she opened the box and found an ornate, jeweled watch inside. At least, it was semi-practical, but she had a watch that she loved. This gift from Lex wasn’t at all her taste or style, and she knew on sight that she would never wear it. “Thank you, Lex, but I cannot accept such a lavish gift,” Lois said, trying to hand back the watch, and then added in a teasing tone, “Perry might accuse me of bias.”

“No, no! I insist that you keep it, Lois,” Lex said, refusing to allow her to return it. “I had it made especially for you.”

She took another look at the chunky green and red crystals, which adorned the watch. They seemed to catch the light and appeared almost to glow from within. It was a bit Christmassy, but in a tacky, stomach churning way. Maybe she could re-gift it to her mother, who was apt to despise the scarf Lois had bought her and let Lois know as much. “Thank you, Lex, that was very kind of you,” she said, slipping it into her briefcase.
Then when Lex tries to kiss her, she decides not to accept the watch at all and gives it back.

If Clark only knew about this rejection of a gift from Luthor, he might be less torn up about the LoLex watch.
LOIS: *Or* he could just trust me when I say it means nothing to me.

Clark:Then why was she so quick to go with Luthor when he offered her something, if she is not obsessed with material things.
LOIS: dance Who would've thunk it? Not I!

She is thinking very clearly about all this.
Well, she knows that Green K makes him lose his powers, so how come he didn't die in the cold water? Must've been the red K.

Good point. Although red kryptonite seems to do whatever is called for by the plot. I am still not entirely clear what it did in this encounter.
Red K in the show and in my stories are all about Clark "losing control". Earlier back when he was a teenager it affected Clark's emotions (cough, cough, with Rachel) and here it affected his physical control, which is why one little kick flew him out of the water to hit his head on the dock. According to Lethal Weapon, Green counters Red, so perhaps Red counteracts Green by enhancing Clark's powers.

I was hoping she would take this opportunity to explain more in detail her connection to the watch, allowing for possible implicating of Luthor.
LOIS: Again, don't really want it known that I'm associating with Lex.

What, he ticketed her for dropping the watch into the water? That seems extreme and odd. Or is something else going on.
Why not? She admitted to littering? If she had cooperated more, he probably wouldn't have done this, but he knows she's with-holding information, so he's punishing her for doing so.

What, they had the hearing at 5:30 AM? That seems excessively early.
Night court.

Actually, I got the impression she did not know who bailed her out. sad that this is creating another wedge between her and Clark.
She didn't know.

Why not just tell Perry he loves her?
PERRY: He doesn't need to tell the yodeler anything. I already know.

Lois:For the last time, I don't need protecting.
[Linked Image]

That sentence does not make sense, I would half think Henderson would say "you are several floors off and" since he is not floors late, although it probably is a realistic sentence as written reflecting what someone might say. On the other hand, since at some point in the recent past Lois was in that room, it is also incorrect in saying that Clark is several floors off. He is in the right place, just not the right time.
Thanks. Added the 'off'. Henderson isn't telling that he interviewed Lois, which is why it was included. wink

I am surprised he did not do that sooner than now.
He didn't realize it was missing.

I think that should be "was a crazy".
Ooops. Thanks. Fixed.

<sad> that he is mistrusting Lois. Maybe if he went now he would find her on her way there. I was really hoping that him and Lois would see each other here at the police station.
It isn't that he's mistrusting Lois, he just doesn't want to jump to conclusions as he did earlier with Perry.

I guess hunting her down might make her feel that he is not trusting her. However right now I suspect she would be very, very glad to see him.
Unless, of course, she was with Lex.
LOIS: Then I'd be very, very, very glad to see him but angry at hell that he doesn't trust me.
CLARK: Him! *Him* I don't trust.
LOIS: Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*** Continuation of Response to John's FDK ***

I really don't think Luthor would do anything to hurt Lois right now, but maybe I trust him too much.
You trust Lex? dizzy It would be out of the blue for Lex bail her out to kidnap her, not unbelievable, but a bit out of the blue.

Since he engineered it, that is a good realization. I was starting to hope that Clark would figure that out soon, but Lois is probably not going to tell him about the false cable guy, and definitely not that she thinks the guy is linked to Luthor, so he will have no leads anytime soon.
What will Clark do if Lois tells him about the fake cable guy? Suspect that she's not safe, right? Guard her like a hawk. Notice that the Voyeur is back. Rip out the surveillance and let Lex know that she knows he's (or someone) is back to spying on her.

Clark thought she was going to jump in. It took me two readings to realize why he wanted her away from the docks.
Yes, Clark's worried about Cat's mental health. Henderson put his mind at ease.

he is collaborating Lois's story exactly, even though the inclusion of Lois in the invite is a bit of a stretch.
CLARK: Any invite for me automatically includes Lois, doesn't it?

He should realize that dreams often involve real images, even if you can not fully access them with your conscience mind. Of course, I guess in context it seem to just be a reflection on Lois "bought with a watch" Lane.
He didn't realize that the watch that killed him in his dream came from his abduction.

Lois:I was not bought with a watch. I took the watch as part of my investigation. Stop harping on it, you are totally misunderstanding it. Lex did not get anything out of giving me the watch.

Reader:Me thinks she doth protest too much.

Lois:You just don't get it.
laugh Now, you have my characters yelling at you.

It must be a disturbing nightmare.
Nightmare described in full Part 112

Lois: Clark tell me about it, and I will comfort you.

Clark:It scares me too much, I am afraid it is a sign something bad will happen to you.

Lois:It is just a reflection of the past, not a sign of the future.
Maybe, maybe not.

Not exactly usable in court.

Mayson Drake:If we lined up the right psychologists we could demonstrate that these visions reflect some version of reality.

Henderson:Even then, we could not convince a jury it was a workable vision of reality enough to convict anyone.
CLARK: I'm not telling that dream in court!

Come on Henderson, why do you want to know Clark's nightmares?
Because it might point him in a direction... any direction... for the case.

At Herb and his talk of curses.
LEX: I don't know. If I caught Kent doing it with Lois in the stairwell, I might shoot first and ask questions... what I am I saying? Who cares about questions? I'd shoot 'em.

I think that should be "do with your".
Oh, dear. Strike two. blush Fixed.

Not unless Lois came over to his apartment and they were getting really friendly like, at least to the level of good friends as seen in "Lord of the Flies", when the kidnappers came and took Clark.
For a second there, I thought you meant the book not the episode and I'm like WHAT? eek Minor point, his subconscious ties the ugly watch to Lex, as a watch which could kill him.

I guess Lois has not told him about her theory about the watch at all.
LOIS: After his last reaction to this new watch, why would I mention the hideous one Lex pawned off on me at Christmas?

Interesting. The watch killed Lois. I guess flying pieces of metal and crystal do that.
Lex shot the watch off her wrist. The gun shot to Lois's wrist killed Lois, while the K in the watch killed Clark.

At first this seemed a really odd question, until I looked closer and realized that the "midst of rapture" was in Clark's thoughts and he had not said anything directly to admit what he was doing with Lois in the dream. Although his claims about "it's personal" might suggest it was something he would not want to share.
What if Clark were on a boat in the dream? Or a warehouse? Or Lex's penthouse?

I was expecting him to say "in bed". I guess though the stairwell is where they were most recently friendly-like.
CLARK: I'm not going to tell Henderson what Lois and I were *doing* in the dream! Are you nuts? I'm not going to tell anyone.

DR. FRISKIN: Tell me more about that.

Well, since Henderson knew that the watch was not shot, I am not sure why he expected it to have any clear meaning here.
HENDERSON: Leaving no stone unturned.

Well, his abduction occurred because of Lois.
CLARK: Because I was on my way over to her place? Because instead of going straight to her place, I stopped by my place and took a shower and changed?
LOIS: Those sound good to me.

Or maybe just a sign he was getting too prideful, since his exposure and near death was largely the result of his stupid checking of a glow underwater that he should have realized was Kryptonite.
Why should he have realized it was Kryptonite? Apparently, water, like lead, stops radiation. I couldn't quite believe that when I read it, but just to be sure, I made Clark have contact with the watch.

I half think it would seem more normal for Henderson to say "any idea what that story was". The on seems like an unneeded word.
You're right! wallbash Thanks.

The minha kills that.
Not unless Henderson speaks Portuguese. It was the "I love you".

He knows that. Hopefully this will make him decide to do it now. Please.
Of course, he remembers that. It's mostly just the abduction he doesn't remember. There is a reason, Lois and Clark keep missing each other and keep getting interrupted in this plot arc.

<vexed> at Luthor for messing everything up.
LEX: /adds another point to his score/

I thought Lois had told Clark about this call at some point.
She tried to, but he got distracted by her shiny new watch.

I guess Luthor wanted to avoid it being too obvious who his target was.
Wouldn't that be better?

Clark: Well, you are the one who drove Lois mad by keeping her away from me all day. You should have debriefed me better, don't go blaming Lois for this problem, you had hours to tell me before she ever showed up.
Hours, while Clark had no memory, so what would have been the point of telling Clark then? It wasn't as if Clark knew what was in the safety deposit box when he had amnesia.

I hope Lois finds those, especially any from the future.
Um... "old" as in, the clippings he showed Perry at his failed interview.

Would Luthor bomb his own hotel?
He bombed his own newspaper.

Clark: Boy am I glad that this Henderson was not there to see the cleaning out of our stuff, if he had seen what clothes Lois brought, there would be no hope of claiming our relationship was anything less than he suspects.
Nope, that was his cousin, Detective Henderson of the bomb squad.

But he might still have living collaborators.
Because everyone loved the psychopath?

It seemed to focused to be random.
There were a lot of people on the sidewalk that day.

That's because he and Lois broke up, so he no longer seems a threat. Or maybe because the people wanted to avoid getting caught and figured doing another hit would really establish a pattern.
A little of both.

This explains most of why Henderson has not questioned them about it before. Although until the night before he did not know enough to link it to Lois. By the way, what day is it now? I seem to have lost track.
It's Perry's birthday. March 17th.

I wonder if Henderson suspects the watch would hurt Clark?
HENDERSON: I, too, read the Daily Planet and also read Lois's article from Smallville about the rock deadly to Superman.

He isn't sure?
PERRY: He's just not taking anything as fact that isn't fact. That's the sign of a good reporter.

Why doesn't Henderson tell him Henderson tell him Lois dropped the watch in the water on Christmas?
Why? What would be the point? It was a coincidence.

I still hope he sees Lois on his way out. We are seeing a lot of Henderson. So much so this is beginning to remind me of the old "adventures of Superman" TV show. Although I guess we have not let Henderson displace Lois.
They both were in this part, just not together!

Clark:What are you talking about, I only got to talk with Henderson this part, not Lois at all, I feel like he has displaced her.
PERRY: What am I? Swiss cheese? You talked to me too.

Thanks for your comments. 118 will be more to your liking. wink

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
What Lex did with the photo is described in this scene from: Part 84:

The rest of the messages on the tape were from Lois (mostly yelling at Clark) and can also be found in Part 84
Boy, I totally forgot about that stuff. I'm tempted to go re-read it, but then I might end up staying up all night re-reading everything up to the current chapter. While enjoyable, I would regret it in the morning. wink Maybe I'll just skim it.

I've reworked it, so now Lois isn't polluting his mind. wink Thank you.
Great! It's nice and clear now.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
[Quote]Yes, Henderson is trustworthy, otherwise I wouldn't have let him on the secret. Lois, on the other hand, trusts very few people (um... Perry, Clark, and possibly Jimmy). So, trusting a cop, especially after being arrested, isn't up there on her to-do list. I like the Henderson from the old AoS show too, but this one is based on Richard Belzer's portrayal. He was the main reason I watched L&O:SVU because the storylines usually were too graphically horrible for me, but he kept dragging me back. Here, I thought his Henderson would be a great love interest for Cat. Unfortunately, I had already married him off. Sigh. Maybe they would be perfect for one another in another dimension. Hmmmmm. Interesting thought...
Other writers would just kill off his current wife.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Other writers would just kill off his current wife.
eek Am I going to lose my Evil Writer's badge for not thinking of that? evil

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
[b] Other writers would just kill off his current wife.
eek Am I going to lose my Evil Writer's badge for not thinking of that? evil [/b]
Quite probably, although I attribute it to having read "War and Peace" by Tolstoy. Although to be fair, I only think of that because my mom thought that the killing off of Pierre's wife so he could marry Natasha was an example of convenient removal. I had to point out to her that it was actually a suicide, and anyway if I remember correctly she divorced Pierre first, so it was not even clearly needed to get him married to Natasha, although the Church sustaining Mother Russia might not have view Pierre as truly divorced and allowed to remarry, so the killing off might have been needed.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She reached over and took a donut out of the box on Henderson’s desk. He raised a brow.

“What?” she said with a full mouth. “You practically offered it to me.”
That’s what thieves always say. And Lex to the ‘ladyfriends’ he has ‘invited’ into his bedroom.

Lois choked on her donut. It was a photo of her watch.
Oh boy. And wouldn’t it be ironic if Lois died because of the watch instead of Clark?
TEMPUS: wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Boy, I totally forgot about that stuff. I'm tempted to go re-read it, but then I might end up staying up all night re-reading everything up to the current chapter. While enjoyable, I would regret it in the morning. wink Maybe I'll just skim it.
Hmmm. Let's back in Part 84, oh, yeah, that's when Superman left on his original Nightfall mission. Gosh. My... Really? blush It's now about a month later (timeline wise) and thirty two parts have passed by. thud I really need to speed up the pacing of this story.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] Am I going to lose my Evil Writer's badge for not thinking of that? evil
Quite probably, although I attribute it to having read "War and Peace" by Tolstoy. Although to be fair, I only think of that because my mom thought that the killing off of Pierre's wife so he could marry Natasha was an example of convenient removal. I had to point out to her that it was actually a suicide, and anyway if I remember correctly she divorced Pierre first, so it was not even clearly needed to get him married to Natasha, although the Church sustaining Mother Russia might not have view Pierre as truly divorced and allowed to remarry, so the killing off might have been needed. [/b]
I've actually never read that. I've been too busy torturing characters for the last 30 years.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Finally made it to my quota of one FDK per week. That's just drool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Finally made it to my quota of one FDK per week.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/does math/ that’s four months until catch up to any one post and story finished + four months until all is caught up!
Tries not to look at the math. I've finally caught up on my Michael FDK of FDK, but I've run out of time for more today. wave What? Did you think I was only here to run for Mayor?

Wait, you’re talking about the summer hiatus between S1 and S2, aren’t you?
Uh... no?

Right? Like there’s more than one jeweler in Metropolis. Well, more than one jeweler family with a crooked son.
Laws of statistics say "yes".

Why do they all sound like stripper names?
Because they are named after rocks?

LOIS: Oh, so there's only one protector in town, now?
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Well...
SUPERMAN /glares/
JL: Fine. We stay away from Metropolis.
BATMAN: /glares/
JL: Fine. And Gotham. Stupid Type-A superheros…
rotflol I thought the JL was headquartered in Metropolis. /the one from Super Friends, not the more recent Justice League show/

About his Herpes, Crabs, and assorted other STDs?
HENDERSON: That would be the written warning I'm not allowed to write.

LOIS: - Trust me, if I abducted Clark. You wouldn't have found him half-dead in the bay. You wouldn't have found him at all.
CLARK: I'm game!
ER: So, this Lois really is the great of the two soul mate crushers?
Um... no, it was a joke about Lois making Clark her sex-slave and Clark not being able to escape, because he was super-less.
CLARK: Why would I want to escape again? confused Anyway, she doesn't need to abduct me to... oh, wait, curse, yes, I guess she would.

LEX: What? What? That's wrong. Nigel! Go kill all beefcake in Metropolis.
NIGEL: But, sir, I've already had lunch.
MRS. COX: I'll go! I love beefcake. [Drool]
ER: And no. /points at the ‘new’ in the beefcake/
And here I was making a joke about Nigel misunderstanding "beefcake" for the pasties in England filled with beef.
MRS. COX: New? /heads back out/
CAT: /takes up knitting because of lack of eligible men in Metropolis/ Well, this is boring. Time to move.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tries not to look at the math. I've finally caught up on my Michael FDK of FDK, but I've run out of time for more today. [Sad] Tomorrow!
Oh dear.

So, what? Nigel was too busy to bump Lois off?
Now now. It’s illegal to go around and kill random folk.

quote:Wait. *Why* is he blamed for wearing out his own Lois?

TEMPUS: [Wave] What? Did you think I was only here to run for Mayor?
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
EW: So, what? Nigel was too busy to bump Lois off?
ER: Now now. It’s illegal to go around and kill random folk.
NIGEL: Ooops?

ER: Right? Like there’s more than one jeweler in Metropolis. Well, more than one jeweler family with a crooked son.
EW: Laws of statistics say "yes".

ER: /points at universe with man-sized bats and flying men in tights/ Hmm… /places biiiig bet on Black-33/
But there are more jewelers with sons in the world than super rich angsty dudes with murdered parents and visitors from other planets (that we know about).

EW: I thought the JL was headquartered in Metropolis. /the one from Super Friends, not the more recent Justice League show/
ER: huh
Super Friends, kids tv show from 1970s with purple alien twins with a monkey. Justice League show came out in the 1990s after the animated Batman and Superman shows (more adult oriented), whose base of operations was on a space station funded by Wayne Industries.

[hee-hee] and much funnier to not give in to sex-slave jokes when they’re already spelled out.
Oh. [Linked Image] Totally missed you being obtuse on purpose.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard