Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Corrina. wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MMMMmmmmm. Yummy. Tasty. drool

Thank goodness that Clark is blessed with infinite patience.

It's probably best if Clark cooks the rice. After 15+ years of marriage (and countless lessons), my hubby (a professional chef) still can't believe my ability to always make rice sticky. laugh

It sounds like Lois has already completely forgotten about Claude.

LOIS: <<to reader>> Who? <<to culinary instructor Clark>> So, do you know how to make anything chocolate?

I wonder if this is where Clark would have ended up if he had showed up at the DP before Claude had been summarily sacked (or shifted DP offices).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is looking to be an interesting tale! Are you cooking up lots of Lois and Clark waff? smile

Can't wait for more!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
A delight from first the word to the last.

I especially liked the rescuing banter at the end.

I'd write more, but there is an incoming thunderstorm, and I want to unplug my computer now. (That last clap of thunder sounded pretty near.)

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Delicious chapter! drool I want more! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. Looking forward to more.
BTW I do hope this tale will include a dreadful event for Claude.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely. Glad to see the usual friction, flirting, friendship, banter and attraction all present already.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Delicious! How about they forget about the meal for Claude and get right down to their own repast?
What, only a 3 part story then? Well, maybe that would work. Is that one of the endings? If so, I vote for that one!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mmmmm, delicious! laugh I hope Claude doesn't get to taste a bite of it.

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
thumbsup

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
"How is chicken romantic?" she demanded.
lol That's not something you expect to hear every day.

I like how Lois tries to steamroller him, and he just isn't having it. He's going to make her help cook and enjoy it whether she likes it or not.

I'm wondering whether Clark is still going to be there when Claude arrives, thereby driving a wedge between them, or if Clark will leave in time but treat her so well that Lois recognizes what a jerk Claude is in comparison. Or maybe both.

I'm guessing that his plans that didn't work out were that he tried to get a job at a newspaper but failed. I like that he recognizes Lois and knows her by reputation, and I wonder if it's going to come up that he's also an aspiring journalist. I imagine that if she were to find that out, she would be instantly suspicious of his being there instead of Mrs. Spangler. He could be trying to get into her good graces to weasel his way into a job, after all. (Not that he would do that, of course, but Lois would assume that.)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It seemed a bit odd that Lois kept on thinking of and calling her "Mr. Kent". I was really hyper that by the end they were Lois and Clark. They are making good progress. I especially liked all the touching.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Artemis:
Delicious! How about they forget about the meal for Claude and get right down to their own repast?
What, only a 3 part story then? Well, maybe that would work. Is that one of the endings? If so, I vote for that one!
cool
Artemis
If I counted right there should be 4 more parts. This was only 2, so there should be 3, 4, 5 and 6 left.

I really hope we do not see Claude actually show up.

John Pack Lambert
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
The only fly in the ointment is Claude. razz I hope that he'll call and cancel again, and Lois'll ask Clark to stay and eat with her. :rolleyes: That would be a perfect way to spend a Valentine evening jump
More soon, please. grovel

KateB
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute so far!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi John:
How about they forget about the meal for Claude and get right down to their own repast?
That was meant as a joke. Skip the whole plot thing and get right to the romance was what I was implying. Although 4 more parts of romance would suit me too.
smile1
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yummy! smile

So now let's just hope Claude doesn't show up... or if he does, he quickly realizes he has stiff competition. wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When I read part one, my heart was in my throat. Just the mention of Claude is enough to raise my hackles!

Now that 'Mr. Kent has arrived, the story is taking a decidedly yummy turn. thumbsup

Guidance? Lois studied Mr Kent for a moment as an idea curled through her mind. He looked blandly nice. Innocent. Gullible. Lois made a sweeping gesture around her kitchen. "I'll leave you to it." She picked up the folders of story notes and headed for her bedroom.

With a quick movement, the cooking teacher stepped in front of her, blocking her path.

"What?" she barked.

"Mrs Spangher said I was to cook with you, not for you."
Sooo glad Mr. Kent stood up to her rather than cook the meal for her. It has always bothered me that Lois was so helpless in the kitchen. All it takes is a little time, patience and a willingness to learn. It does not hurt to have a super cute instructor either!

When are you serving up the third course?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OMG!! I'm so sorry!! I posted my comments in the worg place!!!! Help!! frown

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard