Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95618 05/30/13 06:03 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm hoping to post about once every three days.

In case it wasn't obvious, this story is AU.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
If Claude had come last week, you would have fed him mushy pasta and charcoal-chip sauce.
Hey! I've made that before! It's my speciality! Unfortunately it makes the sauce a strange gray color and the burnt smell takes forever to leave the house and by the time it's over, it's all inedible and you're left wondering if it wouldn't have been cheaper to spend the gas driving down the hill to McDonalds or something. (It certainly wouldn't have the same amount of carcinogens, that's for sure.)
A man was there. Dark-haired. Young. Wearing glasses.
Ooh. Yummy. Is this one of the ingredients? evil
"Ms Lane?" He smiled tentatively. "My name is Clark Kent. Mrs Spangher has a migraine, so she asked me to come instead."
And so it begins!! Can't wait!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If she doesn't want this class, I'll take it! This ought to be fun laugh

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Kerth
Kerth
YES! Perfect last line for a lot of *good* stuff to follow! I won't miss a part!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This meal looks promising. More so if Claude doesn't appear again. wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Squee! I was hoping Clark would show up to teach her.

By the end I had forgotten that the title said 1/6, and I was going to insist that you can't just leave it there and need to write a sequel. Silly me.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't had time to catch back up with Once Bitten -- though I have a cold and a rainy weekend ahead of me, so maybe I will now wink -- but I had to read your new fic. I was wondering how Clark would step into the picture. Brilliant move! Can't wait to see how it all plays out! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great new alternative universe story!

Her sister's alarm surfaced again. "That's why I called you," Lois said. "Claude will be here tomorrow evening, expecting something exotic, and my cooking skills are limited to boiling pasta without it sticking together - most of the time - and heating up bought pasta sauce in the microwave."
The opening lines were nothing short of vintage Lois, jumping in and ignoring the water level!

That comment earned her a dirty look. "We have twenty-four hours," Lois said. "It can't be that hard. If we stay up all night reading recipe books, surely by tomorrow we will be able to cook something Claude will love.
Dinner with Claude? At her apartment? Quick let me get the insect repellant! Claude is a one number creepy cockroach!

"Can we re-schedule? What about next week?" Lois glanced at the wall calendar, and noting the date, she suggested, "Thursday?"

"Thursday?" He didn't sound pleased, but Lois told herself it was probably due to the difficulties in hearing.

"Yes. It's … it's Valentine's Day."

"You'll cook for us, ma cherie?"
He cancels and then has the nerve to be annoyed with her? mad

"Ms Lane?" He smiled tentatively. "My name is Clark Kent. Mrs Spangher has a migraine, so she asked me to come instead."
Yes! Clark to the rescue! Let the games begin! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Now that I've passed one of the two certification exams I've been driving myself to exhaustion studying for (the other one I hope to take by the end of June, or by mid-July at the latest.), I decided to indulge in a little leisure reading.

I love the setup of this story and can't wait to see what happens.

My mandatory junior high school cooking class was far more advanced than the one Lucy is taking, and even at the time, I had thought most of it pretty basic. (The only things I remember from it were demonstrations on the importance of packing down brown sugar and of reading a measuring cup at eye level. IIRC, those were among the more advanced things taught in the class.) Fruit salad and French toast? That cooking class sounds like it was made for Lois; she might even be able to get a passing grade in that course, with a lot of coaching.

What are the odds that what came up for Claude happened to be another date, possibly one with a feline name?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina,

I have to admit, I was worried. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I was a little worried at first with all this "Claude" talk, but was relieved at the end when Clark shows up. I can't wait to see where this goes. Maybe Lois will come to her senses and tell Claude she had a better offer, if in fact he decides to show up.
Sarah

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good start! smile1 smile1 smile1 goofy
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh yes. Awesome.

I was thinking that maybe you were going to be using the 6 parts to show her progression and we would move onto Clark at some point. Never realised it was going to be so completely AU.

Love it. And I can't wait for the (hopefully) UST cooking lesson. I'm desperately hoping to read about Lois being completely bowled over by the kind, sexy, gorgeous guy that's sharing her kitchen. And then he leaves, Claude turns up, and he just seems to be 'grey' in comparison to Clark's 'bright shining colours' of personality.

Yay! Next part please. Pretty please.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
You cooked a wonderful dish for us, Corrina. thumbsup Please, post the next part sooner, we won't overeat. grovel

KateB
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
party Clark showed up. I was hoping he would, but was beginning to wonder if this was not a Lois and Claude story instead.

I am now really excited for the next part.

John Pack Lambert
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
dance

Sorry to be pithy, but what a great start. I hope Clark is smitten enough to accidentally bump Claude on his way past. Knock him to Detroit, maybe.

B

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the great response!

I'm hoping to get Cooking Class 2 posted soon, which is less likely to happen if I take time to answer all the lovely FDK individually. I hope you all know how much I appreciate you reading and commenting.

A few general comments...

There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for a Lois/Claude waffy story. Surprising! wink

Victoria wants an UST cooking lesson. LOL.

Progress update - I'm working on the last chapter now, however, I have two endings in mind. I'm not sure yet if I'll combine the endings into one or write two endings and post both.

The next part will be up as soon as I can manage,

Corrina.

ETA - oh, and Lynn - my first high school cooking lesson entailed writing out the fifteen steps to washing the dishes! :rolleyes:

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, at first I didn't like the development of the story..... but then...... I read the last sentence and felt butterflies on my stomach!!! smile1 smile1

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard