Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#95590 05/30/13 10:33 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Whoops! Weird re-post thingy... so now this is the comments thread! Sorry for any confusion... Unbetaed, so let me know of any mistakes, as always! blush

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#95591 05/30/13 11:05 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Wow. Just wow. The perfect start for the Adventures of (not so) little Kallie and whoever her soulmate is. laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#95592 05/30/13 01:16 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Until I saw the kid's name I was expecting the ship to go through some sort of time warp and end up in the distant past, in a town called Smallville.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#95593 05/30/13 01:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Until I saw the kid's name I was expecting the ship to go through some sort of time warp and end up in the distant past, in a town called Smallville.
clap Me, too. (The daughter threw me a little, too.)

What a great history lesson. Thank you, Mouse, for reminding us to remain vigilant about our environment.

I am curious how the bad guys got stronger, or is this only because the good guys got weaker?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#95594 05/30/13 01:44 PM
Kerth
Kerth
No, it's because everybody's powers are going haywire.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#95595 05/30/13 03:38 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
No, it's because everybody's powers are going haywire.
^ What she said. Some days are better than others, for everyone. Until now of course, when they're pretty much all powerless. Because our sun is yellow, when it dies (predicted to be in approximately 5 billion years) it will start out by cooling down and becoming a Red Giant. Red sun= no superpowers.

--Mark Twain
#95596 05/30/13 03:42 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
rotflol Didn't even think about that! I've thought about it before, but for some reason it didn't even cross my mind this afternoon...

Glad everyone's liking it so far!

--Mark Twain
#95597 05/30/13 10:21 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Until I saw the kid's name I was expecting the ship to go through some sort of time warp and end up in the distant past, in a town called Smallville.
clap Me, too.[/b]
Me three. That happened in an Elseworlds comic, actually. Um, I was going to tell which one, but I guess that would be spoilers.

Cute story. I like the way you used other DC planets, races, and technology. I also like how you incorporated the science related to the stars themselves. I studied astronomy in college, so it's fun to see stellar evolution used as a plot device. smile

The whole thing left me a bit melancholy, though. I can only hope that Kallie finds new parents as great as the Kents.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#95598 05/31/13 07:23 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Cute story. I like the way you used other DC planets, races, and technology.
clap You caught that! Cookies for you! Yeah, I've been on a bit of a comic (and old school cartoon shows wink ) kick lately, probably 'cause I've been trying to figure out how to make it to LV Comic Con this year...
I also like how you incorporated the science related to the stars themselves. I studied astronomy in college, so it's fun to see stellar evolution used as a plot device. smile
Thanks! I'm glad it made sense to you. I took an astronomy course about two quarters ago and it really fascinated me, so I like to work it into some places now and then.
The whole thing left me a bit melancholy, though. I can only hope that Kallie finds new parents as great as the Kents.
Yeah. Me too. :p I actually wasn't sure what sort of mood/genre this would be, because when I was writing it, I found it mostly sad, though I suppose you could look at it as a new beginning and therefore positive, but I'm a pessimist at heart. That's why I chose to write it *not* as Lara and Jor-El sending baby Kal away-- since they're already dead in canon, it's not such a big loss. This felt sadder to me. So if you're feeling melancholy, I guess that means job well done on my part. So thank you. laugh

--Mark Twain
#95599 06/01/13 08:16 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
mecry mecry

Must post warnings for new mamas.

/holds dd tighter.

B

#95600 06/01/13 08:37 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Very sad, yet moving and well written...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#95601 06/07/13 05:05 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Surely it was just a bit of Kryptonite we'd run across.
Super-descendants I see.

People who had once had more ability found themselves capable of less, on more of an equal footing with those who have what one might consider to be shallower powers.
I'm channeling The Incredibles here: "And when everyone is super...no one will be."

Our star was changing.
Clark Kent voice: "Oh boy."

Why we can't fly anymore, jump as high, lift as much.
frown

That is why, dear little one, I have sent you away.
Oh dear. Earth is going the way of Krypton.

That is why, dear little one, I have sent you away.
hyper

Oh. Oh, this is the hardest part. There's this intense pain in my chest that won't go away, my heart beating faster than a speeding bullet. And oh! I hate that I have to do this, have to let go now. I can't let you go. I can't ever let you go. I won't.
mecry

I'm crying, because I can't find it in my heart to take your strong little grip off my finger.
Seriously, you made me cry. Can I blame pregnancy hormones?

Wow, I thought this was going to be some kind of time-loop thing about Clark. But geez, what a fantastic story - painful (in a good way) and a great reminder to care for our world.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#95602 06/22/13 01:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#95603 09/29/13 03:53 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Summary: Four billion years into the future comes a shocking revelation, one that changes the future course of history.
/intrigued…/

After all, there weren't all that many people in the world who didn't have a trace amount of Kryptonian DNA inside them.
Somebody’s been buzzzzzyyyyy! Also, 4bil years down the road our sun’s going to be a tad redder and a tad bigger. Some say. Although, recent observations lead to the theory that our sun actually has a life-cycle of 12bil years instead of just 8bil years.

And they fluctuated constantly. It was quite a burden.
Pooor supes…

Even having the history we have as a people, even coming from the stars ourselves, we didn't notice.
/scratches head/

And what's more, there was life on a few of the planets in the system there-- humanoid life! -- but they were for the most part unaware of the living universe around them.
Sounds familiar.

You will be different. You will be as we were, before our sun started expanding and cooling and vaporized Mercury.
Yeah, I’m sure they couldn’t cover that one up to the general public.

You will know what it is to grow up on a foreign planet, hopefully with the aid of kind parental figures and you will grow up into a powerful, beautiful young woman.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard