Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

Corrina.

#95547 05/26/13 10:17 PM
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol I love this chapter! Sylva is hilarious! Perfect, and also a perfect way to end it. Perhaps Clark will start to feel more comfortable in opening up knowing Lois has her own set of secrets? Oh wait, this is Clark we're talking about... wallbash He's going to scare her off by saying something stupid isn't he? Or run off when she says something off hand? U'm expecting an answer in the form of another chapter ASAP. I'm not a patient person you know...

Again, great chapter!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#95548 05/27/13 04:31 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was great! Sylva and Martha would have gotten along fabulously. And is there something with Romaric and Gislane? We seem to be on the cusp of a whole new adventure, where secrets will be shared and connections will run much deeper.

#95549 05/27/13 05:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"He still feels married."

"Gingko."

"He'd feel guilty afterwards."

"More gingko," Sylva said with a wink.
evil

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#95550 05/28/13 03:56 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was hoping that we would see some direct interation of Lois and Clark this part, but it meakes sense that they each had interactions with others.

I wish Clark would be less afraid of how Lois will react. Still, I geuss Lana has hurt him very deeply in a lot of ways. It probably also does not help she was the only person he ever told.

I wonder how learning that Lois has a secret will effect him.

I guess this was a needed moving forward part.

John Pack Lambert
#95551 05/29/13 03:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm still reading and loving the story...will post more later after I finish grading all my papers.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#95552 05/29/13 08:30 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I really want to know what Lois's secret is! What does Romaric know that she's even afraid to tell Matymbou?

It's interesting to see the way the Bangala culture is different from American culture. Here, two people are married until one dies or they get divorced, no matter whether one of them cheats or leaves. Sylva, on the other hand, says that because Lana is having some other guy's baby, Clark isn't married to her anymore. It's a much less formal dissolution of the marriage. But I suppose the Bangala wouldn't have the same reasons to have a formal legal procedure for divorce.

I don't know how much the Bangala are based on any real culture, but I like how different they are from Western culture, yet how realistic it still seems.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#95553 06/01/13 05:15 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I love Silva clap She has some good ideas. laugh . I hope that Romaric is finally moving on.
More soon, please. grovel

KateB
#95554 06/02/13 01:18 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Mouse Sorry, patience is kind of the required for this story grumble Thanks for sticking with me, though.

Amy Uhmm - the 'whole new adventure' part - we are moving into the final parts of the story. I hadn't thought about it, but Sylva and Martha would have gotten along wonderfully.

Andreia The 'spilling of the beans' will come - one, probably quite expectedly, one, perhaps not!

John

I wish Clark would be less afraid of how Lois will react.
Even canon-Clark struggled with being an alien in a human world. This Clark lost M&J when he was 10, and the one person he trusted implicitly, proved unworthy of that trust.

QofA Thanks for dropping by. Good luck with the grading.

MrsM

It's interesting to see the way the Bangala culture is different from American culture. Here, two people are married until one dies or they get divorced, no matter whether one of them cheats or leaves. Sylva, on the other hand, says that because Lana is having some other guy's baby, Clark isn't married to her anymore. It's a much less formal dissolution of the marriage. But I suppose the Bangala wouldn't have the same reasons to have a formal legal procedure for divorce.
Certainly, there are cultural differences, but this was mostly pragmatism from Sylva. The Bangala are very isolated. Lois came and never returned. In Sylva's mind, Kent will never go back, so in every practical sense, his marriage is over. The fact that his wife is pregnant with another man's child makes this less of a tragedy.

Kate More on Romaric to come!

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate everyone who is continuing to read this fic.

Corrina.

#95555 06/04/13 02:19 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah, well. frown We might be near the end of their adventures, but they certainly aren't! Will Kent be a carpenter, or find some other calling? Will Diddi be a hunter or an astronaut? Will Matymbou find bomoi-love again? When will George kiss Nelda? Will they seek out Perry and tell him they're alive? Will the whole Bangala find out about Kent's heritage? These are fun to wonder about, and it's okay if you don't get around to writing them.

#95556 07/03/13 02:11 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Amy

I have answers to most of those questions. However, it's going to take awhile, so enjoy wondering!

Corrina.

#95557 07/04/13 02:48 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I thought from the first response to Amy's question we were very near the end of the story, but I guess not. As long as there are still question marks after the number I figure we have a little ways to go.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard