Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#95453 05/21/13 09:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Look! evil

Thank you all for reading. It's been a while so I thought I'd send another notworthy

Comments accepted here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 11:59 AM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois stiffened, and dropped back into her chair. Why was Cat impersonating her?
I did not expect Lois to learn of this so soon, from Cat.

Clark! Lois wrote next. What were Clark and Cat working on together?
Clark:It was Cat's idea to insinuate she was you, not mine.

Lois drummed her fingers on her desk. It was nice of Clark to inform her that he was shopping around for a new partner.
One story is not shopping around for a new partner, especially when she is till going by Lois Lane.

she had specifically told him that their partnership would go on as usual.
That was before she took on the Laderman case, focused huge amounts of resources into the Luthor investigation that she refuses to tell him anything about, and neglected to call him about closing the Moskal story.

Clearly, he must be thinking that for her safety he needed even more distance between them.
Actually the whole Cat inpersonate Lois plan was not his idea at all. Anyway Cat inpersonating Lois to work on an investigation does not really create perceived distance.

She knew that Clark would be loyal.
smile1 she really does trust Clark.

If the superhero was terrified of making love to her, there was no way he would become intimately involved with Cat and her wild ways.
Actually since the curse applies only to her, maybe there is in theory. In practice I do not see that happening, but for reasons other than what Lois thinks.

On the other hand, Lois had gone out with Lex twice – that Clark knew about, actually three times – since Nightfall and their supposed break-up… but only as friends, associates really.
Lex is not acting like an only associate.

She knew that Clark and Cat would never be more than friends. No, she could trust Clark to be romantically faithful.
What if he thinks she really has broken up with him?

Still, it irked her that Clark would partner up with someone else professionally. Clark Kent was hers, and she didn’t want to share.
Then she should stop hiding so much of her professional life from him.

Maybe she had been petty, and should have called Clark in the middle of the night after Superman caught the kidnapper.
Or at least not gone out with Luthor again the next day. I would say she has gone on four dates with Luthor. There is no way to not count his driving her home from the Majic Club. I mean, they were drinking champaign together.

Perhaps that was why Clark had edged in on her interview with Lena. He missed working with her and needed some kind of reassurance that Lois still needed him.
I think she is underestimating how much it hurt him to have his secret date with Lois cut in on by Luthor.

Lois would have to tell Clark about Eugene Laderman. It would prove to him that she needed and trusted Clark without any danger to him or Superman’s reputation.
I guess this will help, a little.

“Oh, like you wouldn’t have done the same thing to me about Superman last summer?” Lois returned.
It would not have been quite the same since Lois was not presenting a false front to Superman.

Actually, now that she thought about it, Cat had.
I seem to have forgotten that.

“Paranoid much?” Cat inquired, leaning up against the restroom vanity and waiting.
It's not paranoia if you really are being watched.

She had obtained a small lead lined bag from Dr. Klein to put it in to neutralize the radiation.
smile1 Dr. Klein is here. They really should have introduced him much earlier in the show.

“More than ever,” Lois grumbled. “So much so, I think he was behind Clark’s abduction. He was afraid we were getting too close and wanted to eliminate the competition.”
She begans to admit the truth.

“I’m not… dating Lex; I’m undercover.
That only works if Clark knows it. If he doesn't, it still tears him up a lot.

“Honey,” Cat said, shifting her weight so her hips rocked. “If he’s giving you Kryptonite jewelry to wear, and you’re Superman’s favorite rescue toy, he’ll end up killing you both with one stone.”
Interesting view. Probably because Luthor figured that Superman seeing Lois die would cut him up so much he would stop being Superman.

“The frequency to the tracking bug in my new watch,” Lois replied.
Why not just send it to Clark?

From what Clark could tell from his research, the medicines his anonymous source said Dr. Muldoon had stolen from the hospital dealt with lowering high blood pressure, inducing labor, reducing blood clots or anemia, and other severe pregnancy related conditions.
So Dr. Muldoon figured that she needed to be the one to bring the resources to keep people alive through pregnancies in the New Dawn. OK, that was Smiley's line, but it works with Luthor's arc too.

Lois bounded up and grabbed his arm, dragging him over to a secluded section of the bullpen. “Tell me the biggest secret you have,” she demanded.
hyper He is going to tell her The Secret.

but after what happened yesterday at Lois’s apartment and at this morning’s meeting,
Wait, I though we were two days past the apartment incident?

He couldn't undo telling the secret. Once she knew, she knew.
But if he tells her, then as Superman he can warn her against Luthor. Come on Clark, trust Lois.

It wasn't as if he could erase her memory with a kiss, if he wanted to, so until he knew what exactly was going on between Lois and Luthor, he had decided to wait. He wanted to trust her, but what if Luthor had hoodwinked her somehow?
If you tell her the Secret you can unhoodwink her, right Clark?

Her eyes widened. “Okay, not the biggest secret you have. I know we can’t talk about that, but how about the next biggest. Something you’ve never revealed to another soul,” she insisted.
So now she has told him she knows, without making it clear.

“Because I already know what it is, and this isn’t the time or place to discuss it,” she said. “Now, tell me!”
Interesting that she tells him this.

“You… already… know?” he gulped on a suddenly dry throat. How did she know? Anyway, if she knew his biggest secret, then how did she expect him to keep it from Superman?
Maybe she thinks he has multiple personalities?

“Yes! I figured it out,” she said, lowering her voice once more. “Hello? Psychotic ex-fiancée, irrational fear of intimacy…any of that ringing a bell?”
Does she really think these facts relate to him being Superman? Although, actually she might be right.

What did that have to do with him being Superman? Then Clark realized she was talking about something else entirely, and blushed.
I think I am now confused? Is Clark right that she was not talking about Superman, or has she just managed to misdirect him because she is off base in her idea of why he came to earth.

“It’s not as if I would ever use that against you, which is why I want you to tell me your next biggest secret.
So did she just promise to not use Ck=SM against him, or is she talking about something else?

Clark stiffened; it annoyed him that she would call him ‘Chuck’ after going on who knew how many dates with Luthor.
But they are fake dates. Although without Lois making it clear what her goals are this is not really evident.

It was time to tell her the truth. “I have been keeping something from you, Lois,” he said, and then paused glancing around. Nobody was standing within ten feet of them. “I’m going to lunch with Linda King tomorrow.”
huh This makes no sense.

“Is it lunch lunch or a date lunch? Please tell me it’s a lunch date,” she pleaded.
huh

“That’s fantastic, Clark! Oh, you’re so brilliant!”
huh

“No woman deserves to be beaten up more than Linda. I’ve never received such an unexpected and thoughtful gift, Clark. Thank you.”
Now it makes sense. Although, without her in the picture does she really expect an attack from Lex's goons? Is she trying to misdirect Clark even more. shock

“Of course you are, Chuck,” Lois whispered, her voice tender. “We would finally know if it’s safe to come out of hiding.”
Now it makes sense.

“Like an expensive watch,” Clark returned.
Now that was a low blow.

“If you think I’m the sort of woman who’s interested in a man because of his earning potential, you’re sorely mistaken.”
Clark:Then why were you so quick to run off with him when he said he had something for you?

“You haven’t earned the right to hear my secret. Your secret, though vile and disgusting, wasn’t important enough to earn knowledge of my secret,” Lois announced haughtily.
She does have a good point. Clark really had to tell Lois he was going with Linda for the jealousy plan to work at all.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Eugene Laderman is hiding out at my apartment,” she whispered.
smile1 she told him. Although I was so, so hoping he would tell her The Secret. I am very frown he didn't.

“On the lives of our future grandchildren,” Lois insisted.
smile1 touching.

He knew she was doing it on purpose.
Even better.

The way she said ‘partner’, he could tell she meant in a romantic sense.
Now if he would only believe her.

“When it’s convenient for you, yes,” he replied, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrow.
Lois:I'm not the one who is working with someone posing as my partner.

“Come to my apartment,” Lois said in her pleading voice.
dance he will go to her place. Hmm, will he find that the voyer has returned?

He hated it when she used this voice against him. It reminded him of when Lana tried to wheedle him into doing things he didn’t want to do.
He still has issues.

looking up at him in that ‘I really want to kiss you’
Have them kiss! Have them kiss!

“Thanks, Clark,” she replied crinkling of her nose with that quick grin she used whenever she won. “You’re the greatest.” She gave his chest a quick pat and then turned to head back to her desk.
dance more touching.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Lois only knows Clark's second biggest secret; she just doesn't know that he has a bigger one.

I like this twist on their conversation. There's so much that they're trying to convey but not say. I was confused here, though:

He was still wracking his brain, trying to figure out to what she was referring. A month ago, they were investigating Rourke at the Lexor… Oh, no.
I can't remember what was going on when they were at the Lexor. That's not when they broke up, is it? And I'm not sure which chapter it would be in to go re-read. I'm sure once someone points it out to me, I'll remember what Clark's referring to.

“Swear you won’t repeat it,” she said.

“No!”

Clark stared at her. Did she say just what he thought she had said?
Lois totally has no idea that she just totally slipped up. Or else it was completely intentional to throw Clark off-balance to make him more compliant. I'm not sure which. Probably the former.

He hated it when she used this voice against him. It reminded him of when Lana tried to wheedle him into doing things he didn’t want to do.

“Lois,” he said coolly. “Don’t talk to me like that.”

She stopped and cocked her head off to the side. “Don’t talk to you like what?”

“As if I would do anything you ask because I…” He cleared his throat. “Because you ask it. This…” He waved his index finger between them. “— is a choice that I’ve made of my own free will. I’m not powerless to act against it.”

“Of course you aren’t, Clark,” she said, and they both knew she was placating him. “I know that.”
Boo for Lois acting manipulative like Lana. I wonder if Clark's protesting will make her more or less likely to repeat it. Cannon Clark seemed to like Lois acting like this, but experience can sure make us react differently to the same things.

Good chapter. I like all the Lois-Clark interaction. I was a bit disappointed, though, that Lois didn't follow Clark out to corner him in some secluded corner of wherever he was going to look up those drugs in order to get some... quality time. Oh, well. At least they're talking. And if all their positive interactions are physical, that's a pretty shallow relationship. Still, smoochies are nice. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by John Lambert:
He still has issues.
I don't think this is "issues" so much as hating being manipulated by high-maintenance, self-centered girlfriends. He doesn't want Lois to think that she can just bat her eyelashes at him to get him to do whatever she wants. She keeps demanding that he always defer to her and believe whatever she tells him, no matter how much it contradicts appearances, without giving him any reason whatsoever to trust her. She can't just keep claiming "trust me" indefinitely without showing him that she's trustworthy. On the other hand, there's a fine line between demonstrating that you won't be manipulated and just being belligerent. I don't think he crossed that line here, but if she keeps pushing his buttons, that's the way this would go.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love this line from Cat:

It’s what people expect when you have a body and face like mine. If they think I’m too stupid to figure them out, they’re more likely to make mistakes.”
It's always fun to see Cat and Lois sparring.

And leave it to Lois to be ready to throw Linda King under the bus!

Joan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, fav lines from this episode of As the Cape Flaps:

Clark was having doubts on whether or not it was the right decision. He couldn't undo telling the secret. Once she knew, she knew. It wasn't as if he could erase her memory with a kiss, if he wanted to, so until he knew what exactly was going on between Lois and Luthor, he had decided to wait.
thumbsup

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for the comments. clap
LOIS: Well, that would explain a lot.

Does she really think these facts relate to him being Superman? Although, actually she might be right.
evil

Now it makes sense. Although, without her in the picture does she really expect an attack from Lex's goons? Is she trying to misdirect Clark even more.
Lois is just showing a different side of her anger. She knows the only reason Clark would ask Linda out would be to make her jealous, so she gave the opposite reaction to freak him out.

Now that was a low blow.
[Linked Image]

Clark: Then why were you so quick to run off with him when he said he had something for you?
LOIS: Because he's my SOURCE! I thought he had INFORMATION for me!
CLARK: :rolleyes:

She does have a good point. Clark really had to tell Lois he was going with Linda for the jealousy plan to work at all.
CLARK: Well, she didn't tell me about her 'dates' with Luthor, and I was still pretty jealous when I found out about them after the fact.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
she told him. Although I was so, so hoping he would tell her The Secret. I am very sad he didn't.
Maybe someone should tell him to read between the lines?

I love her inclusion of the word "our".
Freudian typo that worked beautifully. laugh

yes she did. See Clark, she is not really after Luthor, she wants you.
How Lois keeps Clark confused during her investigation.

Hmm, he did agree to the terms.
So did canon Clark.

she dropped the our.
His future grandchildren doesn't mean they aren't hers.

That line always seems to get to him.
CLARK: smile1 I just love it when she calls me "partner".

Lois: I'm not the one who is working with someone posing as my partner.
LOIS: Exactly!

he will go to her place. Hmm, will he find that the voyeur has returned?
Has the Voyeur returned?

He still has issues.
See Mrs. M's note about this. She's spot on! clap He still has issues but it's more about the manipulation.

evil The lack of a kiss will be explained in Part 114. <<that and they're standing in the bullpen>>

Thanks for your FDK! jump

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: smile1
I like all the Lois-Clark interaction. I was a bit disappointed, though, that Lois didn't follow Clark out to corner him in some secluded corner of wherever he was going to look up those drugs in order to get some... quality time. Oh, well. At least they're talking. And if all their positive interactions are physical, that's a pretty shallow relationship. Still, smoochies are nice.
Sadly, this arc isn't about the smoochies; it's more about the A-Plot and how hard this undercover assignment and the non-relationship relationship ruse are.
LEX: <<clears throat>> Again, I'd be more than willing to do... /looks at the word 'smoochies' and absolutely refuses to say that word in reference to himself as it would be out-of-character/... *kissing* with Lois. I know in our contracts it says "Lois is only to kiss Clark" but my lawyer has been looking at the wording and since she has already broken the contract by kissing Superman, we feel that there is room for negotiation.
CLARK: No.
LOIS: razz
LEX: So... that's a maybe?

I don't think this is "issues" so much as hating being manipulated by high-maintenance, self-centered girlfriends. He doesn't want Lois to think that she can just bat her eyelashes at him to get him to do whatever she wants. She keeps demanding that he always defer to her and believe whatever she tells him, no matter how much it contradicts appearances, without giving him any reason whatsoever to trust her. She can't just keep claiming "trust me" indefinitely without showing him that she's trustworthy. On the other hand, there's a fine line between demonstrating that you won't be manipulated and just being belligerent. I don't think he crossed that line here, but if she keeps pushing his buttons, that's the way this would go.
Spot on! clap

Thank you for your FDK.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thank you for the comments. I'm glad some of my readers appreciate Cat, even if only for her verbal sparring with Lois. smile1
And leave it to Lois to be ready to throw Linda King under the bus!
LOIS: Beaten up, thrown under a bus, whichever. Linda deserves it. <<wanders over to the Nfic board to spout some political non-correct terms about her former friend>>
CLARK: <<wryly>> At least Lois isn't jealous or upset because I'm acting like she is.

Thanks for reading.

Kismatt: Okay, it looks like we have a winner! hyper I love your subtitle for "Wrong Clark":
As the Cape Flaps
[Linked Image] I'm sooooooo stealing that! wave

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I put in an explanation, then took it out again because I figured it was obvious. Clearly, not. blush It now reads:
“Why?” he asked slowly. He was still wracking his brain, trying to figure out to what she was referring. A month ago, they were investigating Rourke at the Lexor… Oh, no. Their kiss on the bed had led Lois to officially forgiving him for his previous faults and non-officially jump started their relationship once more. And he had asked another woman out on a date on their one month anniversary. He might as well dive back into Hob’s Bay, because he was now marked as a dead man.
I hope that makes things less subtle.
Spiffy! I was wracking my brain trying to figure it out, but your change clarifies it perfectly.

Sadly, this arc isn't about the smoochies; it's more about the A-Plot and how hard this undercover assignment and the non-relationship relationship ruse are.
Sigh. I guess I'll have to slog through your interesting A-plots then. wink

LEX: <<clears throat>> Again, I'd be more than willing to do... /looks at the word 'smoochies' and absolutely refuses to say that word in reference to himself as it would be out-of-character/... *kissing* with Lois. I know in our contracts it says "Lois is only to kiss Clark" but my lawyer has been looking at the wording and since she has already broken the contract by kissing Superman, we feel that there is room for negotiation.
CLARK: No.
LOIS: razz
LEX: So... that's a maybe?
clap </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:D

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
John: Thank you for reading and caring so much about my characters. I just don't think there's a way to make you like Cat or Herb, is there? grumble Lex and his interuptions. He is worse than Jimmy.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, the teasing that XYZ was there, when actually he wasn't. False front or no.
Although, if Cat had done it, Superman would probably have been there, just not in a form that Lois would recognize him.

Well, they brought in Dr. Hamilton during S2.
He really should have gone to jail for the gangster incident. He always seemed to be wrongly specialized to be useful.

I introduced Dr. Klein back with Superman did his demonstration for the press with the wrecking ball. (Okay, it was more of a cameo).
Well, he was always just a guest character in the show or so they claimed, although by the end he was more of a fake guest star. He got more screen time than Lucy Lane, whose actress was listed as one of the leads in the pilot.

LOIS: But I told Cat! So, she can remind him that the breakup is just a ruse.
But will Cat do that? I have my doubts.

[QUOTE]He is going to tell her The Secret.
You really hate that I'm dragging this out, don't you?
Well, this is the furthest into a story before he tells her, ever, so I do have grounds to complain. He has chickened out more times than I can count.

But if he tells her, then as Superman he can warn her against Luthor. Come on Clark, trust Lois.
CLARK: um... right here? In the middle of the Daily Planet?... Thanks. I'll wait.
frown that he is still not fully trusting her.

If you tell her the Secret you can unhoodwink her, right Clark?
And yet, canon Clark doesn't use that excuse to tell Lois either.
But canon Lois had amended loving him with "like a brother".

She's not referring to his being Superman, more of him having a sexual dysfunction.
So does she think this is a bigger secret than that SM=CK, or is she just trying to make sure he does not guess that she knows CK=SM?

So did she just promise to not use Ck=SM against him, or is she talking about something else?
That and his sexual dysfunction.
So she actually promised to notuse either against him.

Lois is just showing a different side of her anger. She knows the only reason Clark would ask Linda out would be to make her jealous, so she gave the opposite reaction to freak him out.
I guess in theory this will get him to stop trying to make her jealous.

Clark:He said "something" not "some information". In this one case Luthor was being absolutely truthful.

CLARK: Well, she didn't tell me about her 'dates' with Luthor, and I was still pretty jealous when I found out about them after the fact.
OK, so maybe Clark did not have to tell her, but she had to find out. If it remained a secret it would be a waste of jealousy building activities, and just horrendous, because then Clark would get nothing out of suffering through an evening with Linda.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I love her inclusion of the word "our".
Freudian typo that worked beautifully. laugh
I was re-watching the New Krypton arc and noticed that at one point near the end of "Through a Glass Datrkly", Zara is talking to Ching and says something about "our children".

Hmm, he did agree to the terms.
So did canon Clark.
But canon Clark did not have Lois going out with Luthor at the time, or have her tell him his secret was not worth her telling him.

she dropped the our.
His future grandchildren doesn't mean they aren't hers.
True, but I still liked the our so much better.

CLARK: smile1 I just love it when she calls me "partner".
It is definately a more friendly term than "college". It also has enough possible meanings that telling an amnesiac Clark that "Lois Lane is your partner" can give him the totally wrong idea (or maybe it is the totally right idea).

evil The lack of a kiss will be explained in Part 114. <<that and they're standing in the bullpen>>
Well, I am hoping they kiss soon.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois stiffened, and dropped back into her chair. Why was Cat impersonating her?
CAT: Because Clark only does Lois. Duh!
LOIS: Actually, apparently he does everyone *but* me.

Clark! Lois wrote next. What were Clark and Cat working on together? She underlined his name several times, causing a hole to develop in her scratch paper.
She doesn’t sound angry at all.

Student Loans? What was this case? Why hadn’t Clark brought Lois in on it?
It’s about an aspiring doctor who was so in student dept, she had to turning tricks to keep her credit rating at a sustainable level. And now she’s gone missing. Good thing journalism school’s much cheaper than studying to become a doctor.
LINDA: Only if you don’t try to sustain a drug habit.

Then she pressed her lips together, remembering that Cat was impersonating her. Apparently, Lois had been brought in.
laugh See? All Lois does is looking good in a mini-skirt propped on the hood of Clark’s car while he’s out solving cases.

Apparently, Cat and Clark were working on that missing person’s case investigation together. Why?
Pulitzer.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Where?

Clearly, he must be thinking that for her safety he needed even more distance between them.
Oh, this will be fun if EW manages to sustain this until Clark leaves for the Met Star. Lois will be so ticked off, she’ll jump right into bed with the devil.
LEX: clap ‘rescue toy’ rotflol And yeah, that’s my favorite pet peeve. Why not have blackmail a guy into jumping out of a plane without a chute and when Superman comes to rescue him, he gets the Kryptonite out?
LEX: Why would Lois need resucing? It’s much more likely that Superman would collapse on her living room floor.

“No,” Lois said, her brow wrinkling in confusion. “No… um… just give it to Superman if I go missing.”

“What is it?”

“The frequency to the tracking bug in my new watch,” Lois replied.
rotflol
I do wonder though, why would Lex leave the watch on Lois when he has her kidnapped himself instead of Church doing it? Unless she just ends up a floater, and then Superman can use the homing signal to get her out before she’s too much chewed up by the fish.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Are you telling me that you, not Clark, sent me to the Sewage Reclamation Facility?” Lois hollered at Cat as that piece finally fit into her puzzle.
Ooooh!

Lois didn’t know for sure that she was working for Lex, but she kept popping up wherever Lois was, so she wasn’t going to take any chances.
Hmm… I did wonder that when she walked in. But since Lois now thinks so too, nah, she’s just Ralph bait.

Cat shrugged. “Well, you stole Clark’s story, and then started in on Jimmy’s idea, you needed to be taken down a peg,” she replied, following Lois out of the restroom.
Did Cat just paint a target on her chest for Lex to aim at?

“Although, I can’t guarantee you that your hair wouldn’t be Superman blue and about half an inch long.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Herb, probably not in this set of stories, and I do not think I like Cat every, in any story, I have ever read.
Oh, the, I still have time to change your mind. Good. laugh How about the Cat in Louis and Clara. I liked her.

OK, I will give Lois that, but the Luthor and Moskal issues really make it seem she is trying to not partner at all with Clark on anything, at least from his perspective of what he thinks she is thinking.
LOIS: I've found it difficult to make Clark think anything other than what Clark wants to think.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

So why is it so bad if one of his stories is with Cat?
LOIS: Because "separate" stories doesn't mean stories with other people!

Clark:Let's keep it that way a bit longer, otherwise she might really worry when I talk to Linda.
LOIS: Say, WHAT?
CLARK: Nothing, Minha.

He really should have gone to jail for the gangster incident. He always seemed to be wrongly specialized to be useful.
Doc Hamiliton came from the comics canon, but I agree with you that he was culpable in TOGOM.

Well, he was always just a guest character in the show or so they claimed, although by the end he was more of a fake guest star. He got more screen time than Lucy Lane, whose actress was listed as one of the leads in the pilot.
I'm sure that if there had been a S5 Dr. Klein would have been a series regular.

LOIS: But I told Cat! So, she can remind him that the breakup is just a ruse.
JOHN: But will Cat do that? I have my doubts.
CAT: Depends on the circumstances.

Well, this is the furthest into a story before he tells her, ever, so I do have grounds to complain. He has chickened out more times than I can count.
Well, by the time this story is finished it will be longer than any story on the Archives (save Nan's Home, had it been one story instead of a series), so I grant you that, but it never was meant to be. Because I fleshed out some of these episodes more than gloss over them, I've had to make Clark and Lois be interrupted more than I meant to originally. Now, it's fun just to try and find new ways to interrupt their conversations. evil But, alas, this cannot go on forever.

So does she think this is a bigger secret than that SM=CK, or is she just trying to make sure he does not guess that she knows CK=SM?
Out of the two, which secret would Clark want to tell LESS people that CK=SM or that he can't complete the sexual act? I'm thinking the latter. wink Nah, you were right, she's telling him the truth and then covering it up with subterfuge.

Clark:He said "something" not "some information". In this one case Luthor was being absolutely truthful.
LOIS: Why would he tell me he has INFORMATION for me in front of Superman? Really!

I was re-watching the New Krypton arc and noticed that at one point near the end of "Through a Glass Datrkly", Zara is talking to Ching and says something about "our children".
Oh, I don't think I've ever noticed that, but then again, it's been a while since I watched that arc.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thank you for your entertaining comments. smile1
CAT: Because Clark only does Lois. Duh!
LOIS: Actually, apparently he does everyone *but* me.
Actually, Lois doesn't know that, but otherwise clap

She doesn’t sound angry at all.
Cheating on her body was one thing, but cheating on his partner! That's worse than cheating on one's wife!
CLARK: Uh... no.

It’s about an aspiring doctor who was so in student dept, she had to turning tricks to keep her credit rating at a sustainable level. And now she’s gone missing. Good thing journalism school’s much cheaper than studying to become a doctor.
LINDA: Only if you don’t try to sustain a drug habit.
LOIS: Or a chocolate habit. [Linked Image]

See? All Lois does is looking good in a mini-skirt propped on the hood of Clark’s car while he’s out solving cases.
LOIS: Who does Clark think he is? Remington Steele?
CLARK: Uh... no. Man of Steel.
<<ba.dum.dump.>>
/Crickets chirp/

Pulitzer.
LOIS: <<looks hard>> Where?
LOIS: (cont.) There's no Pulitzer on *my* desk!

Oh, this will be fun if EW manages to sustain this until Clark leaves for the Met Star. Lois will be so ticked off, she’ll jump right into bed with the devil.
LEX: <<smiles innocently, yet all the Readers can see is his true devilish self>>
LOIS: I'm not *that* hard up. I'd jump into bed with Jimmy first.
JIMMY: Uh... Sorry, Lois, but I'm kind of dating your sister, long distance relationship and all, so... no.
LEX: clap

She could tell Clark and tell him not to tell Superman until it’s secured. He surely wouldn’t be so stupid as to go all macho and help Lois find it, right? Right?
CLARK: Who are you people?
That would be a "no". And, Clark, we're the "evil" people.

LEX: I’ve got some grease…
What's that for? Her hair?

It definitely wasn't skintight or revealing, but at least it was professional.
PROFESSIONAL: No, it’s not.
Okay, not "Cat" or "Linda" professional, but businesswoman professional.

She’s a hoarder, isn’t she? And how does she know the gun’s stolen? He could have borrowed it from a cop while the law keeper was taking a power-out-nap.
Apparently, Eugene stole it from an evidence room or something? Can't remember off the top of my head where it got it, definitely at the courthouse. She's just waiting for the appropriate way to depose of it.
CLARK: <<hands on hips>> This sounds like a job for Superman!

Cat’s going to have to pack up and move once Lois and Clark get it on for real.
CAT: Don't be ridiculous! I love Metropolis and the Daily Planet. I'd never leave. Unless it was bombed and I was out of a job or something.

“While you’re warming Lex’s bed.”

Lois felt sick to her stomach. It really was a horrible metaphor.

LEX: Metaphor? confused
Poor Lex. He thought it meant that they'd both be there.

LEX: That’s what drugs and chains are for.
Only as a last resort.

RALPH: Hmm…Two chiccas spending the day in the restroom. What do I write down… ‘Nothing happened today with Subject L’.
laugh

‘rescue toy’ <<ER Titters with glee>>
Glad you enjoyed.

And yeah, that’s my favorite pet peeve. Why not have blackmail a guy into jumping out of a plane without a chute and when Superman comes to rescue him, he gets the Kryptonite out?
LEX: Why would Lois need resucing? It’s much more likely that Superman would collapse on her living room floor.
Well, if one were to calculate how much time Superman spent rescuing Lois vs. how much time he spent in her living room...
LEX: Too much math. As long as he doesn't die in her bedroom.

I do wonder though, why would Lex leave the watch on Lois when he has her kidnapped himself instead of Church doing it? Unless she just ends up a floater, and then Superman can use the homing signal to get her out before she’s too much chewed up by the fish.
Perhaps he's too distracted by her beauty to remember it's a homing device on her wrist. Or that she's too stupid to have it checked out and the signal recorded.
LOIS: And this is why he'll always fail.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to Michael's FDK --
Hmm… I did wonder that when she walked in. But since Lois now thinks so too, nah, she’s just Ralph bait.
RITA: Re-write over here! Re-write! I don't want to be Ralph bait!

Did Cat just paint a target on her chest for Lex to aim at?
LEX: /glances up from co-ed/ Huh? What was that?
EW: Nope, she slipped on past.

Awwwwww. And that’s from Casablanca, isn’t it?
[Linked Image]

Hmm…sounds like she really did steal them. Lex’s goon would have been told to go for the morpheme stuff.
See! Cat's not so bad a reporter.

He could kill her?
Kind of defeats the purpose to moving here though, doesn't it?

It wasn't as if he could erase her memory with a kiss, if he wanted to,
H.G.Wells: /blushes before admitting/ Well, not in this dimension, at least.
CAT: He can kiss me and wipe my memory clean. /Oh, wait that was an LLF story/

He was having… control issues while sleeping in his bed?
CLARK: eek I do *not* wet the bed!

Clark crossed his arms. “Do you really feel the need to blackmail me, Lois, to keep silent? Don’t you trust me?”
ER: <<checks list>> Male. Reporter. She’s hot for him. So, no. Duh!
LOIS: In other words, "no".

Because the newsroom really isn’t the right place to talk about the fact that he can’t make it happen.
CLARK: Nowhere. Nowhere is that appropriate!

“Because I already know what it is, and this isn’t the time or place to discuss it,” she said. “Now, tell me!”
ER: <<passes out because EW went there>>
[Linked Image]

By not telling himself. /points at security chief Michael Garibaldi/ Less paperwork that way.
CLARK: I guess that could work as long as I don't talk to myself in the third person. Oooooh! But that's so hard!

Oh, *that* secret. I was right! [devilishly happy] She’s evil
Would that be me or Lois?
LOIS: You! You're the one always putting words into my mouth.

So Lois won’t hurt anyone during her Rumpelstilzchen moment?
Yes.

<<50MT of fun>>
No, I'm saving that for later.

Sounds like he made a booboo…
Better kiss it better.
LOIS: Not on the newsroom floor, he doesn't. <<grabs Clark's arm>> Into the supply closet.

CLARK: Guys? Uuuuhh…guys with the white jacket. Over here. Yes. No, don’t think she’s too dangerous. I mean, she’s not got a gun in her bag or anything like that.
Are you *sure* about that?

RALPH: Oooh! Oooh! I can help.
Beat up Linda King?

She glared at him. “You know exactly what I’m doing, Clark,”
CLARK: Lex?
/Place image of Lois exploding like a nuclear bomb here, please/

“For your information, it’s just a watch; something I use to tell the time and make sure I’m not late.
ER: So, it’s a bit like a condom?
LOIS: Exactly! It prevents me from having sex.
CLARK: /considers this/ So, it means it wouldn't trigger the curse that way? Okay! Let's go! Deserted Island Time, but the watch stays here.
LOIS: huh

ER: What grandchildren?
*FUTURE* Grandchildren. Not any that they have now.

So was Lois Lane. And Kal-El. Okay, Lois Lane did hold the gun that killed her source. And Kal-El did conspire against the line of succession of Krypton.
So, in other words, Eugene Laderman is toast?

Yes, but Lois will also use it to get him to *do* umm…well…Lois.
CLARK: No, no, no. *That* voice doesn't lead to sex. Trust me on this.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Oh, the, I still have time to change your mind. Good. [Big Grin] How about the Cat in Louis and Clara. I liked her.
Actually, I have to admit that Cat here in this story is probably not as bad as I make her out to be. If it was not for her fighting Lois for her proper place as Clark's best friend I might not dislike her as much as I do. That was one thing I liked about L&C, Lois was always Clark's best friend.

Actually though, that is why on thinking about it, Clark proposing before telling her he was SM was so distressing to her.

I think the discussions that we have had on "should Clark propose before telling Lois he is SM" miss a big point. If Lois was primarily Clark's love interest, that would work. However, the fact that Lois can still want to be friends with Clark when she is engaged to Luthor, show that the relationship is more than just love.

So there is another question. At what point does a friend become so close that Clark should tell them. If Clark had told Jimmy before Lois, it would have made Lois really mad. True, here Clark did not tell Cat, she just figured it out, but I understand why Lois finds this disturbing, and I feel for her.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard