Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Things remain dark for both Lois and Clark.

I have to thank IolantheAlias and Morgana for their wonderful beta support through this dark path.

Also, as always, I have to also thank Beverly for her support and help. She does the final pre-post read-through-check for every word I have ever posted here. I have no idea how many typos she has found over the years, but there are a lot of them.

Comments here please.

Bob

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Interesting. What drug are they giving Lois?

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'll elaborate on Patrick's question: What drug are they giving her and what brainwashing techniques are they using? How could they effect such a huge change in her in so short a time? I wonder if the fact that lady's-made-Martha has the same name as Lois' mother-in-law will help snap Lois out of her mental state, or whether it's a fake name that Lex had told the woman to assume as part of his mind-games with Lois.

And I thought things looked bleak for the two of them in the last part.

The one ray of hope is that the are located near each other. If Lois can get through the dumbwaiter, overcome everyone, disable the panic button, free Cla...OK, this is looking less feasible by the minute. Hmmm... Could Clark still have enough control of his body to tweak his vital stats into appearing worse than they actually are? No?

Maybe Perry will have figured out that CK=S, and that his star reporters direly need his help, and he and Henderson will rescue them somehow?

Any chance of your tightening your posting schedule, Bob? This is an awful place to leave your gentle readers (not to mention Lois and Clark)! I'll tell you what I tell my son: You made the mess. You clean it up! (Please? I take heart in the fact that there hadn't been any WHAM or deathfic warning when you started posting the story.)

I agree with Ken's earlier post. This is really looking more and more like the Kobayashi Maru. I just hope there's a James T. Kirk in the bushes somewhere.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., You've captured John Shea's rendition of Lex perfectly.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My first thought was that Lex was using some kind of subliminal messages playing while Lois was asleep. Yes, there is definitely something wrong if Lois thinks that Clark is off having a better time than her and that her life would have been better with Lex. I don't think she would have thought that about Lex if someone wasn't programming her to do so. Also, I doubt there is some "drug" which would make her think more favorably about Lex (in particular). Her captors told her that she was being held to get Superman do something he wouldn't do otherwise, so she knew that Clark was also being controlled.

Poor Clark. He's going to lose his powers and mind if Lex keeps this up. Knowing that Lois is being held only several (hundred) meters from where he is should help... him feel even more helpless.

Was that speech between Lex and his scientific guy Zee real or scripted, I wonder. Lex could have just said it in front of Clark without it being true. (The part about the hallways being lined with Kryptonite.)

I'm glad that the Kents thought to put Clark in an "undisclosed" location so that whomever (Lex) had captured Lois and SM couldn't use CK against SM as well. It helps keep up his secret identity more than anything.

I'm sure Perry and Henderson (hopefully with Dr. Klein's help) are working their tails off looking for Lois and SM.

You really do have us on the edge of our seats here.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia, I beta'd this fic, and I assure you that I literally laid awake in bed thinking about it, worrying about our heroes, wondering how they were going to get out of it (if at all). You know it's a good fic when it keeps your beta reader up at night.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
What is going on with Lois. Her being so prideful makes no sense at all.

On the other hand, I am glad to learn Lois and Clark are very near. I had almsot given up hope, but now I have a little.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob,

Now that Lois has knocked some sense into her head with that blow, Luthor will encounter a less than compliant woman when he goes to her in person.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I admit to bing a bit disappointed that Clark fell into lex's obvious trap so easily. But now that he is there, you have me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out how he will escape and if he will have any powers left when he does. And what subliminals are being used on Lois. I can see how this gets resolved in two more chapters. Can't wait for the next posting.

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Sorry for the delay. I had been hoping that I might be able to post both parts 11 and 12 today, but my beta team stepped in and said, "Not so fast," on chapter 12. I've been scrambling today to correct the issues and consequently chapter 12 is not ready. However, chapter 11 will be appearing shortly.

Framework4
Interesting. What drug are they giving Lois?
That would be some drug! However, you may be on the right track. laugh

Lynn
What drug are they giving her and what brainwashing techniques are they using? How could they effect such a huge change in her in so short a time? I wonder if the fact that lady's-made-Martha has the same name as Lois' mother-in-law will help snap Lois out of her mental state, or whether it's a fake name that Lex had told the woman to assume as part of his mind-games with Lois.
Hmmm. How to reply. Chapter 11, chapter 11 and chapter 11. wink
Any chance of your tightening your posting schedule, Bob? This is an awful place to leave your gentle readers (not to mention Lois and Clark)! I'll tell you what I tell my son: You made the mess. You clean it up!
I tried. I really did. Unfortunately, chapter 12 was not ready for prime time. frown .
I take heart in the fact that there hadn't been any WHAM or deathfic warning when you started posting the story.
I promise that I will never leave a story there without proper warning.
I agree with Ken's earlier post. This is really looking more and more like the Kobayashi Maru. I just hope there's a James T. Kirk in the bushes somewhere.
That was another casualty of chapter 12. Bev and I were going to see Star Trek today, but now it will be next week.
Have I ever shared that I am one of the few people I've ever met that watched the original premier of the original Star Trek live back in September of 1966? I was 7 years old and convinced my family to watch this new space TV show. I've been a fan ever since. smile1

VirginiaR.
My first thought was that Lex was using some kind of subliminal messages playing while Lois was asleep. Yes, there is definitely something wrong if Lois thinks that Clark is off having a better time than her and that her life would have been better with Lex. I don't think she would have thought that about Lex if someone wasn't programming her to do so. Also, I doubt there is some "drug" which would make her think more favorably about Lex
Interesting thoughts. What was that phrase??? Oh, yeah! Chapter 11. smile
Was that speech between Lex and his scientific guy Zee real or scripted, I wonder. Lex could have just said it in front of Clark without it being true. (The part about the hallways being lined with Kryptonite.)
It was true. At this point Lex is utterly contemptuous of Superman and speaking openly in front of him is just another way to show that contempt.
I'm trying to get you the rest. Really!

IolantheAlias
Virginia, I beta'd this fic, and I assure you that I literally laid awake in bed thinking about it, worrying about our heroes, wondering how they were going to get out of it (if at all). You know it's a good fic when it keeps your beta reader up at night.
Really, then I'm sorry.
No, wait, I'm glad.
But not about the sleep thing. Sorry.
But I'm glad that it was that engaging.
Oh, heck. I'm sorry and glad. wave
Thanks for dropping in.
ut now that he is there, you have me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out how he will escape and if he will have any powers left when he does.
Well, to be honest I hope no one has figured out how this resolves yet. evil
And what subliminals are being used on Lois. I can see how this gets resolved in two more chapters.
In this respect I like the approach of the film makers from the 30's and 40's. Once you reveal the murderer, don't dilly-dally. Roll the credits.
Can't wait for the next posting.
What a perfect way to end this posting. Chapter 11 will be up momentarily.

Thank you all so much. I really do hope you find the trip worthwhile.
Bob

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Have I ever shared that I am one of the few people I've ever met that watched the original premier of the original Star Trek live back in September of 1966? I was 7 years old and convinced my family to watch this new space TV show. I've been a fan ever since.
How cool! I have my own Star trek first, but it wasn't as positive as yours.

The first television show I ever remember watching was Star Trek. I'm a few years younger than you are. When I was about three or so, I remember my older brother and sister were about to watch the first airing of a Star Trek episode (not the pilot). At the time, I was even less into sad endings than I am now, and I asked them whether Star Trek had happy endings. They said it did, so I sat down to watch the show with them. It turned out the episode was "Charlie X" -- a very poignant (especially for a three-or-so-year-old) episode. I was traumatized not only by the ending, but also by the "fact" that my siblings had lied to me. (Keep in mind that I was only three and that I probably have Asperger's syndrome -- my theory of mind back then was pretty much non-existent. I had had no understanding whatsoever that they were telling the truth to the best of their knowledge.) I didn't watch the show again until I was in junior high. At that time, I fell in love with the show; I even enjoyed re-watching Charlie X.

Live long and prosper,
Lynn

p.s., I am taking the last workday of the month off in part so that I can watch a matinee of the new Star Trek movie. Because I have no one to watch my son and because he isn't able to sit through a movie, taking a vacation day is the only way I can see a movie in the theater. I don't watch very many movies there.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bob!

Hmm…three parts left. Enough time for Lex to get Lois with child and then vanish into the underworld. Not The Underworld, just the general seedy underbelly of civilization, only to emerge in the next sequel of this trilogy to try and claim his child.

“...in front of him?”

The voice startled Clark awake.
For a moment there, I thought, given your Martha-remark in the previous FDK thread and the fact that he has the video of Lois and Martha, I thought he would play that for Lois to make Clark think his mother’s under his control, too. But that would mean Lex knows about Superman’s secret fetish to dress up as a human, which he hasn’t given any indication of. So, no, that’s not it.

He seemed to be strapped in a chair that seemed to be deliberately designed to be too low. His ankles were chained to the legs of the chair with ankle cuffs. His arms were chained to his side.
Oh, did you ever watch that one Daniel Craig Bond movie where he starts out tied to a chair?

“Yes, sir. You were fortunate to find that impact site east of Dodge City. If not for that find, we wouldn't have enough Kryptonite to create a chamber like this.”
Huh, interesting location they’ve given. It does mean they’ve not tied Superman to Smallville, at least. Also, did they find the Kryptonite before or after the hit during Nightfall?

It was during that test that he lost control of himself.”
Oh boy. I wonder if they have recorded it on video and will be releasing it to the general public.

My plan is to keep this room brightly lit and see how his system reacts. If that works, and he is able to survive on only the light, then once any food or water works its way out of his system, there will be no way for that unpleasantness to repeat itself.”
Huh, but won’t the sweating dehydrate him?

“Good. In the meantime keep him clean. I want to see his blood, but not his bodily waste.”
Yes, can you imagine if they allowed Superman to opportunity to go full-on chimpanzee on Lex?

The scientist looked up for a moment as if surveying the amount of Kryptonite. “With this much he would be completely overwhelmed. He would be unable to move and I'd estimate that he would be dead in less than a minute.”
That doesn’t sound good.

The library was of stunning diversity, and when she'd asked about a new bestseller that she'd wanted to read, it was delivered in the dumbwaiter in less than an hour. And the food! Lois had always appreciated good food. One of the reasons that she'd never cooked, was that she knew that she couldn't do as good as a restaurant. Clark was a good cook, but the food here made his best seem like eating from a dirty can.
So, some drugs in the food, huh?

Even then, it would probably be from someone with insurance. Whatever it was, she wished he'd get on with it. She did miss him and wanted to go home.
Yep, so totally drugged. And with Martha being named Martha, Lois is going to think that’s her mother-in-law. Oh boy.

“I guess that is one of the things that's bothering me the most. Without some sense of time I don’t know what to do about eating. Are you hungry?”
What about reading to measure time. It wouldn’t be perfect, but should be close enough to 1 hour in 6 or so. And the exercise room, the ergometer should have a timer on it.

As she picked up her book, she had a fleeting thought that Clark really didn't have to hurry that much.
Do they have barbells in the exercise room? Not that Lois would consider slugging Lex with one in her drugged-out-of-her-mind state.

I don't know any other way to interpret this data than to say that it's killing him.”
So, will he end up human when this is all said and done?

Then Lex turned and walked away. Yes, this had been much more enjoyable than just another physical beating.
I wonder what Lex will do when he eats one of those barbells.

Lois rang the bell again. Where was that stupid woman? It seemed that every day the old hag put less effort into her work. She'd been serving Lois for eight days now, and Lois was reaching the end of her patience.
What *exactly* is Lex feeding her?

“You were asleep? I told you two days ago that you may rest more during the day, but you must be ready for me when I wake up. I suppose that means you haven't placed my breakfast order yet?”
*rotflol* I think Lex hasn’t been keeping tabs on Lois and will be quite shocked with her being a bit of an entitled shrew. He might even decide to hightail it out of there and look for greener pastures.

Lois watched Martha turn and start through the door. Just as the door closed, Lois heard Martha's voice from the other side of the door. “Evil bitch.”
shock

If only someone else would have been behind the attack on Superman. If things had gone differently, then maybe she could have married Lex instead of that stupid **** -kicking husband of hers.
Oh boy. So, some kind of hypnosis? I’m still thinking it will backfire.

Unfortunately she'd not waited and the water was still cold. She jumped back out of the shower and, in her haste, slipped. As she fell her head bumped the counter and saw saw stars for a moment.
Oh boy. Now we have amnesiac Lois with a strong dislike of men, servants, and general humanity at large. Either that, or she gets a clear head. Also, duplicate ‘saw’ in there.

Then she felt a wave of despair. Where was Clark, she thought. She was lonely and needed him to get through this.
So, hypnosis and gotten her head set straight again, huh?

You know, it’s kind of a good thing this story is already complete. Much less angst that way in waiting for the next part hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard