Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Thank you all for your continued readership. smile1

Let the banter wars begin!

Comments will feed my muse.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 12:01 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great as always. Still very frustrating though. Ugh. Clark is getting more and more paranoid about Lois and her actions. Lois is getting herself too deep into far to many investigations and having no time to spend with Clark. Time which would, hopefully soothe his fears, if they could ever manage to connect.

I hope they do get some private time together soon, I hope Clark attempts to tell her again soon.

And it's been too long since we've see a kiss. I need a kiss.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This was a very emotionally tough instalment.

Clark seems to understand Lex speak better than Lois. He knew when Lex told her "I got something for you", he really meant a thing, not inforamtion. The watch clearly presents them in a dating relationship.

To me accepting Luthor's watch seems a step too far. Lois may try to say "it is not big deal to LEx", but the key to understanding inapropriate compromising gifts is not the giver but the receiver. For Lois that watch is worth a very substantial amount of money, so it is a big deal.

I also totally see Clark's view that it is disturbing that Lois is telling important things to Luthor before telling them to him, like the history of her watch. Especially since she chose to go to the brunch with Luthor.

It did seem a little unfair that he was so hard on her about not calling. However since he does not know she knows his lines made sense. It is also disturbing how he worries so much about her not being mad about his running off.

His turning down Lois's request to meet with Superman seems a bit much. He has taken self-jealousy to a new extreme. However I do have to say Lois' description of the matter as being "private" did not do much to make that more likely, especially since the last time she saw SM she kissed him profusely. In fact in light of how Clark is likely to understand that incident, it totally makes sense he is jealous.

On the other hand, I think Clark should have made sure to tell Lois upfront about the Muldoon investigation and Cat's involvement. I just have a feeling that his failure to tell Lois about it is going to come back to bite him.

I have to swecond the view that we have gone too long without Clark and Lois kissing. Lois kissing Superman does not count, even if she knows that it counts he does not know that it counts, and for now it is driving a wedge between them.

I am glad that Clark seems to have moved beyond the view that Lois is cheating on him. They really need to talk.

John Pack Lambert
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
LoLex? Cute smile1 Love the Elvis references too.

Joan

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I wonder whether Lois is going to call Clark on his Elvis blunder. And what would he say if she did? "Well, where I come from, Elvis is still around and is a former US president." That wouldn't really fly unless he's feeling like explaining a lot more than that.

When Clark noticed Lois's new watch, I was thinking that it probably has a bug in it. I'm glad she had it checked for kryptonite and that they took the tracking device out, but bugs weren't mentioned. Can we assume that if there was a bug that Star Labs would have found it? Or do I need to worry about everything that Lois says potentially being overheard?

I third the request for more kissing. sloppy And for less fraternizing with the enemy and more fraternizing with the pseudo-non-semi-boyfriend. love

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I wonder whether Lois is going to call Clark on his Elvis blunder. And what would he say if she did? "Well, where I come from, Elvis is still around and is a former US president." That wouldn't really fly unless he's feeling like explaining a lot more than that.

When Clark noticed Lois's new watch, I was thinking that it probably has a bug in it. I'm glad she had it checked for kryptonite and that they took the tracking device out, but bugs weren't mentioned. Can we assume that if there was a bug that Star Labs would have found it? Or do I need to worry about everything that Lois says potentially being overheard?

I third the request for more kissing. sloppy And for less fraternizing with the enemy and more fraternizing with the pseudo-non-semi-boyfriend. love
I have to agree with the last two requests.

However my reading of the STAR labs investigation is just that they "recorded the signal" not that they disabled it. I would not think that Lois would have then disable the signal. She is putting on a face of trusting Lex, so disabeling the signal might clue him into the fact that she knows more than she is letting on.

On the issue of LoLex, I have to say I mainly find it disturbing, since it looks like a contraction of Lois and Lex.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for chiming in and letting me know you're still reading. First, I want to clarify a few misnomers: Clark didn't decline to pass on Lois's meeting request to Superman. Lois said it was 'private' because they were standing in the newsroom and she didn't want to discuss the topic there, and Clark misunderstood. Then she postponed it (because of Eugene), so Clark reassured her that he hadn't told Superman her request yet. Secondly, just because Clark thinks Rolex when he sees the "LoLex" watch, doesn't mean that it's the same thing. It's not (see disclaimer thingy wink ). Thirdly, Lois *didn't* have S.T.A.R. Labs remove the tracking device.

KatherineKent: Thank you.
Still very frustrating though. Ugh. Clark is getting more and more paranoid about Lois and her actions. Lois is getting herself too deep into far to many investigations and having no time to spend with Clark. Time which would, hopefully soothe his fears, if they could ever manage to connect.
I get your frustration and understand it. My apologies.
I hope they do get some private time together soon, I hope Clark attempts to tell her again soon.
cool
And it's been too long since we've see a kiss. I need a kiss.
Hmmmm. Kissing? Huh. I'll look into that.

John: Thank you for the comments.
This was a very emotionally tough instalment.
Was it? I thought it was quite funny with the Elvis scene, but I've got a dark sense of humor... and I know what the future will bring... smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Doesn't Clark always understand Lex's motivations better than Lois?
LOIS: So, sue me. I was being hopeful.
Hopeful? More like blindly naive.

"Lois" didn't accept the watch. Her Lois undercover character did.
I guess this makes sense, so I guess I will say that at one level her accepting the watch works. Still, it in no way lessens the hurt it causes Clark, or the fact that he distruts her now because of it.

My Betas totally agreed with you so we had a big discussion about the Rolex/LoLex dilemma. It will come up again.
it still seems a bit far for undercover Lois to go unless she wants to be actually seen to be in a relationship with Lex and also maybe be seen as for sale to the highest bidder.

Yeah, that was a mistake.
Clark:And she knew I was about to have a very important conversation with her, but no, she choses to go off with Lex instead.

Yep. If she hadn't known about CK=SM, she probably would have called,
Although I really see no way for her to have avoided learning CK=SM this long, so that is a super-counter factual situation.

He's not "worried", just mildly surprised.
He should be more worried, and try to figure out what it means.

Hmmm. So, Lois needs to reassure Clark more... even though she already told him that she wasn't going to do that, because he needed to trust her?
And since then she has chosen Luthor over him, one time specifically because he "had something for her". That is not the actions of love, at least not unless you know what is really going on, and she has not told him at all that she does not trust Luthor.

Clark never thought Lois had cheated on him with Superman, although he is being suspect her relationship with Lex is more than she's telling.
It seemed for a bit he was convinced she had cheated with Luthor, when she first mentioned the line "it's OK to cheat on your husband".

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark glanced up at her approach and leaned back in his chair. “Hi, Lois. I see you closed the kidnappings investigation without me. Thanks for letting me know.”
He’s not happy. And Lois is currently under cover, so she can’t make it up to him in a marital kind of way.

“I thought we were partners, Lois. Would a telephone call have been too much of an inconvenience?” he replied.
Yes.

and by time I returned home
/whispers/ ‘the’ is missing.

“You really had no idea it was missing?” Lois said, speaking her thoughts aloud.
Oh my. He doesn’t know about his safety deposit box, does he?

She had S.T.A.R. Labs double check to make sure it lacked Kryptonite after Lex had given it to her the previous day at brunch.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
EW: "Lois" didn't accept the watch. Her Lois undercover character did.
JOHN: I guess this makes sense, so I guess I will say that at one level her accepting the watch works. Still, it in no way lessens the hurt it causes Clark, or the fact that he distruts her now because of it.
LOIS: And what he did to me by not telling me about his secret and breaking my heart and then comforting me with his alter-ego wasn't at all something which would make me distrust him and wasn't at all hurtful.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

EW: Hmmm. So, Lois needs to reassure Clark more... even though she already told him that she wasn't going to do that, because he needed to trust her?
JOHN: And since then she has chosen Luthor over him, one time specifically because he "had something for her". That is not the actions of love, at least not unless you know what is really going on, and she has not told him at all that she does not trust Luthor.
LOIS: And Clark hasn't told me all his little secrets either!

It seemed for a bit he was convinced she had cheated with Luthor, when she first mentioned the line "it's OK to cheat on your husband".
CLARK: Well, at first, but then I realized she hadn't done that. She's just playing us off one another for some reason. I think she's trying to make me jealous.

LOIS: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: You're catching up! smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're catching up! <excited about more stuff in fridge> You're catching up! <scared she’ll feel too full after eating all the chocolate> <<must find more time in the day to work on FDK>>
blush

CLARK: She couldn't anyway, due to the curse.
She could. But he doesn’t want her too. Or is he referring to the fact that he requires a 48-hour love-fest to make up for it and since she’d be dead within 24 hours, she’s not be able to make it up to him?
LOIS: Well, if he’s that petty and discriminating, I wouldn’t want to make it up to him, anyway.

LEX: I resent that statement. *I'll* tell Superman.
LEX: See, Superman? /points at television/ She’s bound on the bed in my room in the Swiss Alps.
SUPERMAN: What’s that green shimmer in the room.
LEX: Umm… The Aurora Borealis.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image] LOIS! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

quote: Considering that he’s two-timing her with Cat, that’s an awfully high horse, there,

Only as a writing partner. Oh.
laugh

CLARK: No. I didn't just say that. Hey! Look at the time. Don't kill Lois! Bye now!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
LOIS: And what he did to me by not telling me about his secret and breaking my heart and then comforting me with his alter-ego wasn't at all something which would make me distrust him and wasn't at all hurtful.
To be fair, he stopped you from having sex with his alter-ego. If he had not done that, this would be a much different story. Although, I think he would be in much bigger trouble.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
CLARK: She couldn't anyway, due to the curse.
ER: She could. But he doesn’t want her too. Or is he referring to the fact that he requires a 48-hour love-fest to make up for it and since she’d be dead within 24 hours, she’s not be able to make it up to him?
LOIS: Well, if he’s that petty and discriminating, I wouldn’t want to make it up to him, anyway.
A little bit of both.
LOIS: What? Only 48 hours? No, he needs at least a week to make up to me.
CLARK: Okay, but it has to be on a deserted island because I'll need to recharge at some point.

LEX: I resent that statement. *I'll* tell Superman.
LEX: See, Superman? /points at television/ She’s bound on the bed in my room in the Swiss Alps.
SUPERMAN: What’s that green shimmer in the room.
LEX: Umm… The Aurora Borealis.
SUPERMAN: [Thinks Lois looks sexy bound up like that. "Hey, no interruptions!"] LOIS! [Flies off to have his way with her in a non-super way]
LOIS: Um... okay. Much rather be rescued first. But I guess if he unties these binds, I *could* rescue him.
CLARK: Untie? Why would I want to do that? drool
LOIS: /realizes that Clark is color blind and thinks that green looks like red and vice-versa, so he thought he was exposed to green kryptonite and instead was exposed to red./ Well, at least shut off the camera first, so Lex can't see us.
LEX: Don't worry, I'd gouge my eyes out first... well, afterwards.

Well, the company was like a big family and him offing his boss to boink the boss’s wife is like Oedipus all over.
In all seriousness though, the mentioned outcome would have tied a nice bow around things for Lena, so what makes you think that that wouldn’t be what the police discovered after a thorough investigation?
So, if Eugene killed Harrison AFTER he was found alive, could he not be charged with the crime under Double Jeopardy rules, even if he was cleared of all charges, because he had once been found guilty of all charges?

Or she could put on a long wig, and just say she's Lucy?
LUCY: Hey! I never charge money for those services.
JIMMYS: What? Seriously? You think WE could afford her?

Yeah, but I figured stuff that’s not available on the open market. Lex would just have had to rearrange several truckloads of LexPharm supplies. The amount a single person can pilfer from the hospital supply closet shouldn’t make a dent.
Good point. But she didn't know in advance who the benefactor was.

You’re welcome! /wonders if the treats will last till Thanksgiving (to stress a classical reference)/
At this rate, probably.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To be fair, he stopped you from having sex with his alter-ego. If he had not done that, this would be a much different story. Although, I think he would be in much bigger trouble.
Yes, it might.
CLARK: mecry Yeah, cause Lois would be dead and I'd be in jail for boinking her to death.
LOIS: I don't think that's what John meant.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
Yes, it might.
CLARK: mecry Yeah, cause Lois would be dead and I'd be in jail for boinking her to death.
LOIS: I don't think that's what John meant. [/b]
No, I don't believe either of those would have happened. Although Lois might be in prison for killing Clark. Although, I doubt that, but it would be a much higher angst story (as hard as that is to believe).

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: Okay, but it has to be on a deserted island because I'll need to recharge at some point.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: [crying] Yeah, cause Lois would be dead and I'd be in jail for boinking her to death.
LOIS: I don't think that's what John meant.

JOHN: No, I don't believe either of those would have happened. Although Lois might be in prison for killing Clark. Although, I doubt that, but it would be a much higher angst story (as hard as that is to believe).
Just so as you all realize that I could have been much more cruel to my characters.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
ER: /imagines how distraught Lois will be after they’ve been locked in a dark cave for a week/
Well, you could always read Sue S's story about Las Vegas again.
CLARK: No, no, no! I said nothing about a cave. DESERTED Island. Palm trees. Beach. Sunshine. Clothing optional.

JIMMYS: What? Seriously? You think WE could afford her?
LUCYs: [Lane mad]
JIMMYS: Um... that was a compliment.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: No, no, no! I said nothing about a cave. DESERTED Island. Palm trees. Beach. Sunshine. Clothing optional.
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard