Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#95019 05/03/13 08:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

As you see, there's more than just a missing Dr. Brenda Muldoon who has departed from Metropolis recently.

Comments welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 12:23 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It figures that Lana would sue Superman. And I guessed Linda King! Do I get a star?

Wow, we're got a lot of stories going on at once here.

Joan

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
You've sure got a lot of things going on all at once. I wonder why the kidnappers took both boys? Presumably the only difference between this universe and cannon is Clark. What difference could he have made that would affect the kidnappers? I guess there could be some butterfly effect going on, since alt-cannon-Clark's absence, alt-Clark's presence, Superman being different, and Lois behaving differently based on her flashbacks have admittedly had pretty wide effects.

I'm not surprised that Clark turned out to have spied on Lois's dinner with Lex. He's concerned about not showing her proper trust, but I don't think she's really earned his trust to the point that he shouldn't check out what's going on. She has been very secretive and vague about what she's up to, and her behavior has been circumspect. If Lois wants Clark to trust her implicitly, she needs to be implicitly trustworthy.

I like Clark's instant dislike for Linda. I'm interested to see how that plays out. Will he pretend to defect to the Star? Would he let Lois in on his plans if he did? Will he flirt with Linda to get information?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Once Superman was floating in space on the far side of the Earth from the sun, was he finally able to release his breath and relax.
I think that should be "he was". The other possibility might be to start with "only", but you might need to do some other changes to, so it would be less of a stright forward fix.

grumble I was hoping to learn who Lois saw in the mirror.

He balled his hands into fists and screamed. Good thing only he could hear him voice his frustration.
grumble I was just about to go undercover again as Lois Lane.

When Lana had been abducted back in October 1996,
I love "back in" followed by the a future time statements.

before Clark had gone to that other dimension to help that Lois and Clark out with their John Doe / Tempus problem,
So are we assuming that canon was out of order?

Moskal and his wife Mary Frances apparently had snubbed Lana at some charity function she had gone to, and Clark had to hear a tirade about the Moskals for a week afterwards as she tried to convince him to write some scathing article about them. He had great sympathy for them built in, especially since he later discovered that it wasn’t the Moskals at all who had snubbed Lana but a different couple altogether.
I dislike Lana more every time she is mentioned.

“No. He took both boys,” she said, and then swallowed down some tears.
Now how is this change from canon explained? Well, other than the EW wanting to make things different and more intense.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Really?” Lois retorted not able to hold back her glee at Linda handing her such a gift. “I would think this establishment would have more sense than to hire a thief with no morals.”
Well, in the 1990s with the economy booming, coffee shops had to take whoever they could get.

“Oh. Do you deliver papers now too?”
whinging for Lois being forgotten.

“Crap!” It was later than she expected. Stepping to the curb, she waved at a passing cab. “Thanks. I really appreciate your help,” she said to Jimmy before jumping in the cab. She shut the door and told the driver, “The Courthouse, and don’t take Mertz Avenue or Edge Boulevard, because I’m already running late.”
And we have to sait to learn what Jimmy has discovered.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I sort of wish they had done these multiple stories running at one in the TV show, but I guess I know why they didn't. They were always trying to expand viewership, and that does not work well when stories build on eachother too much.

Stll, I think it would have made more sense to have had Linda King and the Star be recurring antagonists.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Two points each to all my Readers who commented on 107. wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the FDK. I know I'm behind in responding to lots of your other FDK, but I'm trying to keep in front of cushion. I almost delayed posting 108, because I didn't think 114 was quite there yet, but then decided it would as is. Please be patient with me. blush I haven't forgotten.

I think that should be "he was". The other possibility might be to start with "only", but you might need to do some other changes to, so it would be less of a stright forward fix.
Thanks. I believe in one of the drafts I had started this sentence with "Only". Fixed.

I was hoping to learn who Lois saw in the mirror.
We'll get there. Be patient. But I have a requirement to my Readers to show both LnC in each part. wink

<<dance>> a writer who understands sound does not travel in outer space.
blush Um... Thanks. I didn't know that. I meant that there wasn't anyone up there to hear him. Why don't sound waves travel in space?

I am wondering if you want to say "his ardor", if it is what he is sensing in her.
Yes, you're absolutely correct. It was a poorly constructed sentence. I mean "His ardor" which reflected the ardor he sensed in her. I'll fix... somehow. <<in need a 'how will I do that?' smilie>> Fixed! (I hope. I used the above description.)

I knew this was a key to what he could tell.
It always seems to be.

Lois knows he is SM, but I do not think she has internalized what it means for their interactions.
Sometimes one makes sounds one doesn't realize one is making.

He is just hearing this, not peeking to see it, right?
Hearing and seeing (although not with x-ray vision). She's standing and has her back to him, so he can see her shift her stance and hear the ever so lightly contact of flesh to flesh.

With his hearing even looking away will not save him.
Did I mention his self-control isn't the same as canon Clark's?

Clark:Who needs to read minds when you can tell the outsard signs?
CLARK: Still, I would find it helpful.

I really, really hope Lois lied about the hospital.
smile1 Thank you. This Clark doesn't sugar coat things... obviously.

So probably not before Wells returns.
He thought "proper couple" not "intimate couple".

I would say it was because she had a Clark she had built a deep, long-standing, committed relationship with through a lot of struggle.
You say tomato, Clark reads potato. wink

Maybe he should have stolen a time machine and gone and rescued her.
But Herb convinced him that this was a better option... There's no way, you'll ever forgive Herb is there?

Even if he could convince her the curse is real, which I doubt he could, I do not think she would agree to leave him, nor do I think she could survive the hurt that would cause.
First they have to survive this investigation.

I doubt he will. He could not even bring himself to break up with her for her own good. He is not a good enough lunkhead to go through with this lunkheaded plan.
Yep, he's pretty bad with follow through. He knows what's "right", but he doesn't always go there.

Lois:Clark, I can see how maybe this story about you being from another dimension might be right. I mean, if you say you can't remember Superman, and such, maybe it works. Maybe I even time traveled back, it might explain the odd images I have. Still, this guy who claims to be Wells never gave you any proof that I would die. I see no reason we should accept this "curse" as real.
Yep, that's far out there.

This will not work, even if the impiossible happens and Lois agrees to this lunkheaded plan.
LOIS: SM = CK = LH laugh

I love "back in" followed by the a future time statements.
Well, it works for Clark.

It never made sense to me why the presidential election was in Feb? Please! I always shift it to Nov where it belongs. Civics! Hollywood writers. Did anyone of them graduate high school?

I dislike Lana more every time she is mentioned.
LANA: Well, Clark's memory of me is quite biased, if you must know.

CLARK: :rolleyes:

Now how is this change from canon explained? Well, other than the EW wanting to make things different and more intense.
Who me? cool See above explanation.

Well, in the 1990s with the economy booming, coffee shops had to take whoever they could get.
LOL

Love the Lois lines.
Thanks. I figure this Lois is a bit more sure of herself and her position in life than canon Lois was at this point. She knows that Clark's Superman, and he adores her. It gives her strength.

That alone shows which one is the more important journalist.
See, in canon she just assumed Linda didn't know this.

Lois:And keeping an eye on me, since he cares about me, I am special to him.
Plus, he doesn't need much sleep.

It is what Perry says he wants.
That still doesn't make it the truth.

Lois:I guess Linda sees such as not good, since she is still trying to get a story on the front page, but when you have had the lead story as many times as I have, it is ok to share on occasion.
Partners. They stick up for one another.

I think that should be "what to do".
Thanks. Fixed.

The only way it would be worth telling the information is if she could link it to a broader, nefarious plan.
LOIS: Exactly what I was thinking.

Would LNN and the Star ever tell that part though?
They might, but only in passing.

Lois:But I did call for Superman. CK=SM.
Nods.

I guess she can't explain this without revealing The Secret. Especially since SM has never told her about kryptonite being real.
Actually, I believe he said that he wasn't sure if it would kill him on their flight out to show SM the spaceship. (or on the flight back to Metropolis afterwards.)

Lois:Maybe I should have worn it, then I would have learned that CK=SM much earlier, or not. He would have made up some belivable excuse for being ill.
But, boy, that would have been some sad Christmas at the orphanage.

Lois:No wonder Clark was there. I guess maybe I should actually call it "Clarkie bear".
Clark Bear fans united against Clausy bear.

<<crying>> for Lois being forgotten.
That mall scene was based on a real life event.

And we have to sait to learn what Jimmy has discovered.
But if I don't leaving you wanting more, what makes you keep coming back? wink BTW: Thanks for continued readership. laugh

EDIT: And here are your two points.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I sort of wish they had done these multiple stories running at one in the TV show, but I guess I know why they didn't. They were always trying to expand viewership, and that does not work well when stories build on eachother too much.

Stll, I think it would have made more sense to have had Linda King and the Star be recurring antagonists.
I agree. Plus, it makes sense when they keep telling us about stories they've been working on for months, which we're just now hearing about for the first time. :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<<dance>> a writer who understands sound does not travel in outer space.

[Embarrassed] Um... Thanks. I didn't know that. I meant that there wasn't anyone up there to hear him. Why don't sound waves travel in space?
Sound is vibration waves traveling through a medium, like air or water or walls. Since there is no air in space, there is nothing to vibrate, so there are no sound waves.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
We'll get there. Be patient. But I have a requirement to my Readers to show both LnC in each part. wink
I don;t think we have had that requirement meant consistently, although it seems to have been done fairly well of late.

Jimmy:I want to be uped to being in each part.

Readers:This is not Lois and Jimmy, no allowance for that, you got your time to shine in "Another Lois".

Jimmy:No, that was Jimbo.

blush Um... Thanks. I didn't know that. I meant that there wasn't anyone up there to hear him. Why don't sound waves travel in space?
Because sound is a disturbance of matter, it only travels through mediums. In the vacum of space there are no molecule for it to disturbe. Sound waves are not a thing like light waves, just the disturbance of other things, and in space there are no other things to disturb.

I am wondering if you want to say "his ardor", if it is what he is sensing in her.
Yes, you're absolutely correct. It was a poorly constructed sentence. I mean "His ardor" which reflected the ardor he sensed in her. I'll fix... somehow. <<in need a 'how will I do that?' smilie>> Fixed! (I hope. I used the above description.)
Now I will have to re-read this part to make sure it now works. Oh the horror (now really).

Lois knows he is SM, but I do not think she has internalized what it means for their interactions.
Sometimes one makes sounds one doesn't realize one is making.
I guess that is true. Also, who wants to have to worry about sub-vocal sounds?

Did I mention his self-control isn't the same as canon Clark's?
Probably, although canon Clark never had to pretend not to be dating Lois when he really was.

I really, really hope Lois lied about the hospital.
smile1 Thank you. This Clark doesn't sugar coat things... obviously.
frown he has his sweet aversion back.

Lois:If that was the only aversion he had back, I would be happy. But no, he has to have his much more disruptive to our hapiness aversion back as well. grumble

He thought "proper couple" not "intimate couple".
I guess you have a point. Although maybe I was thinking it would take that long for Lois to take down Luthor.

But Herb convinced him that this was a better option... There's no way, you'll ever forgive Herb is there?
After he sent Clark into such deep despair, probably not.

Yep, he's pretty bad with follow through. He knows what's "right", but he doesn't always go there.
Considering how far he ever got with his complexed reveal to Lois campaign, yep, I doubt we will see follow through on this plan.

It never made sense to me why the presidential election was in Feb? Please! I always shift it to Nov where it belongs. Civics! Hollywood writers. Did anyone of them graduate high school?
If it was not for the Christmas episode I would just argue that the time the episodes are set in and the time they are shown do not mesh. That is also in my mind the best way to make the Wedding Arc/Read wedding time work. The failed wedding was not in February 1996 but in August 1996. Then everything works. At least it works a lot more.

Love the Lois lines.
Thanks. I figure this Lois is a bit more sure of herself and her position in life than canon Lois was at this point. She knows that Clark's Superman, and he adores her. It gives her strength.
But canon Lois knew Clark adored her.

Lois:And keeping an eye on me, since he cares about me, I am special to him.
Plus, he doesn't need much sleep.
Lois:Which gives him lots of time to do things with me.

Actually, I believe he said that he wasn't sure if it would kill him on their flight out to show SM the spaceship. (or on the flight back to Metropolis afterwards.)
Maybe I need to re-read that part.

Lois:Maybe I should have worn it, then I would have learned that CK=SM much earlier, or not. He would have made up some belivable excuse for being ill.
But, boy, that would have been some sad Christmas at the orphanage.
Superman gets sick with Lois showing up. Hmm, that would have prevented her from learning the truth at all.

Lois:No wonder Clark was there. I guess maybe I should actually call it "Clarkie bear".
Clark Bear fans united against Clausy bear.
We want Clarkie Bear! We want Clarkie Bear!

EDIT: And here are your two points.
I don't really deserve them. I read other FDK to figure it out.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He balled his hands into fists and screamed. Good thing only he could hear him voice his frustration.
That’s ‘em good ears of his. After all, he can pick out Lois’s voice from across the city if she is really scared, why not pick up on a couple of gas atoms he manages to shake around. But he might think about flying back down now to take another gulp of air, otherwise, we get amnesiac Clark again.

What Lois reads: Useless yadda-di-yadda. We get amorous Clark again. clap Ears. Nose. What ever.

Her heart rate quickening, the ever-so-slight guttural moan, the way her thighs brushed against one another, the licking of her lips, and then when she turned to face him, the rosy color to her cheeks, and the dilation of her eyes.
LOIS: I suddenly feel creeped out.

It was quiet and still as he hovered in the below frigid nothingness, and it made Clark miss Lois’s warmth all the more.
When it happens, he’ll never want to get out of…the bed again.

dinner with the rehashing of what was going on in the Laderman trial and some rather boring mention of Luthor’s day.
LEX: My regaling her about how I finally acquired more substance for project K is *not* boring.

Other than a kiss to her cheek when she arrived and one more when she left, Luthor was a perfect gentleman…Well, for a lying, thieving, psychopathic, criminal murderer, that was.
Psychopaths are perfectly predisposed to being perfect gentleman. Unless they’re women. Then they’re ladies. Of the night. In Mindy’s case. Anyhow, is there also such a thing as a non-criminal murder?

LEX: [Linked Image] The kind where you don’t get caught for. You know, when they don’t even know it’s been a murder.

He would do anything not to lose this Lois…
LEX: That’s what my alpine fortress is for.

They could never be together, not as a man and wife should, without killing her.
LEX: That’s what I had cloning invented for.

Therefore, he would have to allow her to go find another man who could give her the life she deserved.
[Linked Image]
(Please also note the sleepware attire Lois is clothed in)

and try not to let her see how much of a torture it would be to see her with another man, loving another man, having his children, growing old…
There’s a fanfic about that out there.

Clark grabbed his head and screamed again, so loudly he saw the dust on the moon rise up in answer to his call.
NASA: That was a historic monument.
NEIL A.: Hey! That’s not nice.
Alien from Independence Day: Oh stuff it. If he hadn’t, we would have done it in a couple of years.

He decided that the first chance he got, he would go and speak to Padre Carlos again, but for now, he had a morning meeting to attend.
CLARK: And I want to whine and grind and whine some more.
The Padre: huh

after another glance, realized that she had the more rounded figure of a mother and not the trim figure in the photo Mrs. Dawson had shown them.
LEX: Well…at least until she bears me some offspring.

They had settled out of court.
TEMPUS: And that’s why *I* always win.

He had great sympathy for them built in, especially since he later discovered that it wasn’t the Moskals at all who had snubbed Lana but a different couple altogether.
Maybe Lana was off her meds again that week?

“No. He took both boys,”
laugh

Unfortunately, you haven’t changed a bit.”
No dig about Lois having gone up a dress-size or two?

“You?” Lois laughed. “An investigator? Give me a break, Linda. You and I both know you don’t have the brains to shake your butt on a table, let alone put together a news story on your own.
LINDA: I will have you know I blew up that prostitution ring masquerading as a strip joint without any external help.

Who did you have to sleep with to get that job?”
CARPENTER: Duh!

“He won’t sleep with you. He has ethics,” Lois responded. “And good taste.”
And yet, he won’t sleep with Lois either.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I don’t need him to sleep with me, Lois,” Linda said, implying that Lois did. “I just need him to talk to me.”
LOIS: [Linked Image] So? I’ve got urges, too. Sue me.

Anyway, he was Superman; technically, it wasn’t a scoop to interview oneself, no matter how one spun it.
Will still get him hired at the Met Star, though.

With a quick snap of Lois’s fingers, the band hit Linda in the back of the head, causing her to spill a mouthful of coffee down the front of her and stain her blouse.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
But where’s Witness and Foundling?
We got Witness before Christmas.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Sound is vibration waves traveling through a medium, like air or water or walls. Since there is no air in space, there is nothing to vibrate, so there are no sound waves.
Okay, I'll grant you space isn't full of oxygen type air, but I can't believe it's empty either. There has to be *something* out there. It's not like a vacuum, is it? Because that doesn't make sense.

/insert blonde joke about not needing rockets in space because space's vacuum sucks you where you want to go/

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
EW: We'll get there. Be patient. But I have a requirement to my Readers to show both LnC in each part.
JOHN: I don;t think we have had that requirement meant consistently, although it seems to have been done fairly well of late.
And yet I get a bunch of grumble or clap

If it was not for the Christmas episode I would just argue that the time the episodes are set in and the time they are shown do not mesh. That is also in my mind the best way to make the Wedding Arc/Read wedding time work. The failed wedding was not in February 1996 but in August 1996. Then everything works. At least it works a lot more.
Yes, most high school reunions are during the summer.

But canon Lois knew Clark adored her.
Not during S1. She suspected something...

CLARK: And she calls *me* a lunkhead?

Superman gets sick with Lois showing up. Hmm, that would have prevented her from learning the truth at all.
Possibly. Possibly not.

EW: And here are your two points.
ER: I don't really deserve them. I read other FDK to figure it out.
EW: /Takes back points/
CLARK: He was being honest. You should let him keep them.
EW: Are you EC? No, no you're not. You're just plain good guy Clark. I'm EVIL WRITER here. They just don't give that title to anyone... okay, they do, but the writer has to be willing to torture his/her characters.
CLARK: Well, you got me there. I'm feeling tortured.
EW: Just you wait. evil Just you wait.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Sorry about not posting this last night. I ran out of energy. Also, if you consider 4 pages/day over 4 days equals 16 pages of a first draft part, to be fleshed out in editing. wink I'll be in denial if I'm still at 4 pages come Tuesday morning.

That’s ‘em good ears of his. After all, he can pick out Lois’s voice from across the city if she is really scared, why not pick up on a couple of gas atoms he manages to shake around. But he might think about flying back down now to take another gulp of air, otherwise, we get amnesiac Clark again.

What Lois reads: Useless yadda-di-yadda. We get amorous Clark again. <<does her I'm going to get some dance>>
Well, actually, this Clark as opposed to S1 Clark knows he doesn't need oxygen to breath in space (kind of like canon Clark discovered come Super Mann when he flew to the sun on one gulp of air).

LOIS: /Stops dancing and starts to weap/ Fine. Back to my investigation.

Awww… he and his super senses <<thrilled that Clark still likes Lois and not Glenn, was doubtful for a while>> Ears. Nose. What ever.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

LOIS: I suddenly feel creeped out.
Actually, if you read on, she feels empowered.

CLARK: help

When it happens, he’ll never want to get out of…the bed again.
CLARK: So, it will happen in a bed. Good to know. Avoid going "to bed" with Lois.

CAT: Oh, deary. A bed really is only one of the tools in my arsenal. I'll be happy to give Lois pointers for you.

CLARK: help

LEX: My regaling her about how I finally acquired more substance for project K is *not* boring.
LOIS: Project K? Hmmmm. Kiwifruit? Knitwear? Knishes? Knives? Ooooh. That one has possibilities. Maybe he's discovered a new kind of metal that never dulls.

Psychopaths are perfectly predisposed to being perfect gentleman. Unless they’re women. Then they’re ladies. Of the night. In Mindy’s case. Anyhow, is there also such a thing as a non-criminal murder?
HENDERSON: Being that murder is a criminal offense, I'm going to have to say "no".

LEX: The kind where you don’t get caught for. You know, when they don’t even know it’s been a murder.
HENDERSON: Or that.

LEX: That’s what my alpine fortress is for.
LOIS: Oh? Does it have a maze?

They could never be together, not as a man and wife should, without killing her.
LEX: That’s what I had cloning invented for.
So, would that make the clone for consummating or for killing, Lex?

<<picture of Lois and Dan answering the door in pjs>>
(Please also note the sleepware attire Lois is clothed in)
[Linked Image] Oh, come on. I've only had one cup of coffee. What are you trying to do to my poor nerves?

What Clark sees standing behind Lois: [Linked Image]

and try not to let her see how much of a torture it would be to see her with another man, loving another man, having his children, growing old…
ER: There’s a fanfic about that out there.
Well, that doesn't sound like a happily ever after type fic, so I believe I'll skip it.

Clark grabbed his head and screamed again, so loudly he saw the dust on the moon rise up in answer to his call.
NASA: That was a historic monument.
NEIL A.: Hey! That’s not nice.
Alien from Independence Day: Oh stuff it. If he hadn’t, we would have done it in a couple of years.
Yeah, those ID4 aliens loved their heavy bass music.

He decided that the first chance he got, he would go and speak to Padre Carlos again, but for now, he had a morning meeting to attend.
CLARK: And I want to whine and grind and whine some more.
The Padre: huh
CARLOS: Yea! It will be a while before I get another visit from that man who doesn't listen to anything I say and wants to ruin my life.

LOIS: Join the club.

LEX: I'm a member <<holds up card>>

LEX: Well…at least until she bears me some offspring.
Me thinks that ER presumes too much.

TEMPUS: And that’s why *I* always win.
Because Tempus never settles?

Maybe Lana was off her meds again that week?
LANA: No, just a case of mistaken identity, but that doesn't matter. Whoever they were, they still snubbed me.

“No. He took both boys,”
ER: jawdrop That’s new.
EW: <<fist pump>> 2 points to me for keeping readers on their toes.

Nah, why would the kidnappers ask for money for the help’s kid? They must know that that’s not really that much of an option, unless the Moskals are big-time suckers for their help and one or two hostages doesn’t really make that much of dent when they’re a matched set. So…what’s going on?

LEX: *I* wouldn’t pay five million for Xavior *or* Lex Jr.
Perhaps the kidnappers don't know *which* boy is the real Chris Moskal <<wink, wink>> and returns Nicky, and then accidentally kills Chris or asks for another $5 mil for the real son. clap Burn!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to Darth Michael's FDK --
LOIS: <<blushes demurely>> So? I’ve got urges, too. Sue me.
CLARK: I can sue her for that?
CAT: [Linked Image]

Will still get him hired at the Met Star, though.
Yes, but if he won't admit his secret identity to Lois, why would he during an undercover job interview?

ER: [shock that Linda brings out the teenager in Lois] Very mature.
LOIS: /shrugs demurely/ She deserved it.

Couldn’t Linda file a report for Lois attacking her and also sue for punitive damages, get an injunction, and send her the dry-cleaning bill? Actually, with an injunction, Linda could keep Lois away from any and all press conferences. It would force Lois to move town. Or report dog shows.
I'm sure the others in the press core would hold it against Linda for being so petty; they're a pretty rambunctious group.

Is it possible Lex set this line up as a side benefit?

LEX: I have no idea what you’re talking about there.
Except he set it up in the universe without Superman as well.

CROOK 1: Hey, you, give me that watch of yours.
CROOK 2: Man, Tom, that dame sure looks like the one the boss is squeezing.
CROOK 1: Yah think? [hmmm] Oh crap. Yo, dame, sorry the mess. We’re outa here. Just be a dear and don’t tell the boss, yah?
LOIS: That was weird. And what does he mean I look like a crook’s squeeze?
LINDA: Ooh! Oooh! I can answer that one!
goofy

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John Lambert:
<strong> EW: We'll get there. Be patient. But I have a requirement to my Readers to show both LnC in each part.
JOHN: I don;t think we have had that requirement meant consistently, although it seems to have been done fairly well of late.
And yet I get a bunch of grumble or grumble grumble

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, actually, this Clark as opposed to S1 Clark knows he doesn't need oxygen to breath in space (kind of like canon Clark discovered come Super Mann when he flew to the sun on one gulp of air).
Oh, I thought he just flew really, really, really fast. Although I never noticed that. See, I knew that there were continuity problems with Super Mann.

I do love the interchange when Lois learns Clark can read Russian, although why she is surprised that SM can read all languages I am not sure.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard