Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94751 04/24/13 01:42 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Thanks again to my wonderful (and very patient) BRs, Iolanthe and Lynn.

Corrina.

#94752 04/24/13 02:00 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*jumps on part*

Eeep! And that's where you leave us!

I was afraid something was going to interrupt them - unless the hog's name is Jimmy...? ;D

Looking forward to the next part! (sorry, short blurb here, I'm @ work)

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#94753 04/24/13 02:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

I was thinkinng along the same lines, Diddi is the local Jimmy.

Has Clark recovered enough to be invulnerable?

Has he recovered enough of his strength?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#94754 04/24/13 03:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was so sure that he was going to have to go rescue Lois! (Even though the right thing to do would be to get Diddi safe and send Romaric after her, as he contemplated.) But no, she showed up happy as a clam. And now this! You lulled me into complacency!

#94755 04/24/13 04:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL!!!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#94756 04/25/13 03:48 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Diddi Interruptus this time. lol Great part Corrina, such a lovely scene by the river. Clark is so eager to become a part of this family.
Looking forward to more.

KateB
#94757 04/26/13 07:53 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Superpowers. . . Activate!! dance

thanks!

rkn
#94758 04/26/13 09:20 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
They are getting closer, I like it. I am eager to see Clark opening himself more to Lois. A cliffhanger arghh will we see Clark in rescue mode ? Til the next part : )

#94759 04/26/13 09:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This part was very sweet and romantic. I love the interaction between Kent and Diddi, and how Lois and Kent's relationship is growing.

I'm a little surprised that Lois has changed so much to trust the safety of her son to virtual stranger, a man whom she had only met a week before and who *lied* to her at first. These years with the Bangala have made her too trusting. We, the Readers, know that Kent is trustworthy and would never do anything to endanger Diddi, but Lois doesn't... She shouldn't, no matter how much she feels herself in love with Kent. It's much too soon. She's pushing down her natural instinct as a mother to protect her son to reassure this stranger of her trust, and that worries me. Yes, it's sweet and romantic, but it still worries me.

Would Lois be able to survive if she and Diddi were thrust into the real world again? Would she chose the safety of her son over her love of this man? Maybe I'd feel better about this one scene if I knew that the Bangala village was within earshot, and she could have heard Diddi shout for help, or Lois knew that this swimming spot was close to where Romeric hunted or knew that she had taught Diddi karate and knew he could defend himself or even if she watched them from the woods for most of the time she was gone to reassure herself that Kent was indeed trustworthy. It would feel more in Lois's character if Kent thought she was fully trusting him, but she knew better.

Yes, I know I'm being paranoid, but sadly in this day and age, that's part of being a mother and protecting one's children. One of the key parts of Lois is that she's a horrible judge of character, and that she's susceptible to charm. True, it's possible that this Lois never learned this fact about herself as canon Lois did with Lex, which might explain her taking this risk with HER OWN SON. For some reason, I would expect Lois to demonstrate her trust of Kent in another way that would not endanger her son. Especially when we see in the final scene that a wild boar may attack at any time. What if the boar had shown up when Lois wasn't there? eek Would Kent have been able to protect Diddi without his powers, and not knowing wild boars as Lois and other Bangala adults do?

I'm also worried what's going to happen when she learns that Kent has special gifts, which he didn't apprise her of. After Lois has shown SO much trust in Kent, I could see her doing a 180' and not being able to trust him at all (for a time), or throwing it in his face that she was able to trust him with her son, and he couldn't trust her at all. I see pain and possible irreparable damage in this relationship in the future. This is why one must keeps one's therapy and one's relationships separate. Kent needs to learn to heal himself away from Lois, so that she doesn't become his entire life in that he would rely on her so much that wouldn't be able to survive without her. He needs that to be whole person.

<<steps off soapbox>>

Needless to say, I'm enjoying your story and you've got me sitting on the edge of my seat.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#94760 04/27/13 03:05 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It is very sad that Clark figures he cannot have a child. Although, the evidence would suggest he is probably right. Hmm, of course we are assuming that Lana spoke the truth with her pregnant claim, and that she became pregnant in the normal way.

Lois is doing well at trusting Clark. I think he should tell her about his background, but I see why he is hesitant.

John Pack Lambert
#94761 04/29/13 03:04 AM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
So glad this is back and wow... maybe she finds out?

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#94762 05/02/13 01:13 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kismatt

Eeep! And that's where you leave us!
I wanted to give you time to think about what happens next!

Ken Clark might need his strength ...

Amy I sent Lois back to the village because I wanted to show how out of place Clark is feeling. This Clark never really settled on earth, but the African jungle is different again. He was jumping at shadows.

Laura smile

Kate Yep, Clark can see everything he's ever wanted ... right in front of him.

rkn Superpowers ... uhm.

Hannah Lois is rescuing Kent. No comment regarding other rescues that might happen wink

Virginia

She's pushing down her natural instinct as a mother to protect her son to reassure this stranger of her trust, and that worries me.
Perhaps her natural instinct as a mother says her son is safe with Kent.

Yes, I know I'm being paranoid, but sadly in this day and age, that's part of being a mother and protecting one's children.
This story isn't set in this day and age. It's not even set in this universe.

True, it's possible that this Lois never learned this fact about herself as canon Lois did with Lex, which might explain her taking this risk with HER OWN SON.
HER OWN SON - perhaps part of protecting her son is not contributing to a society where all men are viewed with suspicion and mistrust, simply because they happen to be men.

Would you have been as uncomfortable if Clark was a single father who left his daughter with Lois after only knowing her a week?

Especially when we see in the final scene that a wild boar may attack at any time. What if the boar had shown up when Lois wasn't there?
The boar being close to the village is not usual, and when she left, Lois thought Romaric had killed it.

John More about Clark's ability to father a child soon.

L Maybe she finds out a whole lot of things ... eventually. smile

Thanks so much for all the FDK. The next part is up.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard