Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
I'm hoping that the fanbase for my cross-over overlaps sufficiently to appeal to this audience. I look forward to feedback! smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Poor Clark! These people descend on his life, ruin it, and then disappear again, without any thought to his feelings on the matter. Yes, definitely not a day at the beach for Clark.

Fun little story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol rotflol shock
Oh, really good. Er, should I say, jolly good. I knew it had to be the Tardis landing. Too bad he wasn't with Clara. She could have given Lois a staredown.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Glad you liked it. I thought about using Clara, but I figured I could write Amy better, since Clara is so new. I don't feel like I've got as good a grasp on how Clara would react to things.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It would have been nice to see Rory and Riversong as well.

Nice crossover!

I had been tempted to do a Dr. Who meets H. G. Wells story for some time.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
Fun story! I sure did appreciate the explanation of who the crossover characters were and what were all the devices they used. I've (don't throw anything at me!) never yet actually managed to see a Dr. Who episode.

I have to agree with VirginiaR; Dr. Who definitely managed to top H.G. Wells this time! I guess this puts our Clark about on par with Other Clark after Tempus was finished with him, huh?

--Ultra Lucille

Ultra Lucille
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Originally posted by Ultra Lucille:
Fun story! I sure did appreciate the explanation of who the crossover characters were and what were all the devices they used. I've (don't throw anything at me!) never yet actually managed to see a Dr. Who episode.
I tried to write the story so that it would make some sense even without having watched Dr. Who. That's why I did it from Lois and Clark's perspective. I'm glad that it worked.

Dr. Who is a fun show. If you've got Netflix, it has all the newer seasons and a bunch of older episodes (70's and 80's stuff). And don't worry... I won't throw anything at you. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely amazing. You were spot on with The Doctor and Amy. I could soooo imagine it.

And I agree with everyone else who is saying that The Doctor has caused worse problems for Clark than HG Wells ever did!

Loved it.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
See the new Doctor Who with Clara Saturdays at 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on BBC America. The upcoming episode is "Journey to the Center of the Tardis."

There are also highlights of companions and the previous Doctors on at special times.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
clap That weas really fun. Not that I have ever actually seen Dr. Who, but I know enough about him to understand what happened.

Yes Clark has an awful lot of 'splaining to do.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
I'm glad you guys enjoyed my story. I kept wondering what would happen if the Doctor ran into Clark, and every scenario I thought of ended with Clark being outed. I wanted Clark to comment on the Doctor being an alien (he saw two hearts when he x-rayed him), but Clark couldn't very well announce that in the middle of the newsroom, could he?

I've got several more stories in the works, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish them. I keep working on one and then getting the muse for another. C'est le vie.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All I can say is.... eek

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi there!

"I don't know. I thought I heard..." Clark trailed off as an odd sound reverberated through the room and a large blue box appeared in the space between some desks.
smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard