Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Surprisingly, she wasn’t winded, even after her show of bunny hopping after Louis.
Well, almost. She still has to learn to appear winded...
But in MOSB Clark was going around wearing suits when Perry came in in Bermuda shorts. Lois even asked him if he was from a different planet.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
Loving this story. It would be great to see this follow more of the Season 1 episodes, but I wouldn't want to wait two whole years before they got together ...

Now, I wonder what Louis will think of Superwoman when she turns up, and I wonder whether Clara's smll infatuation with Louis will quickly turn to love, or not.

And I'm really curious to see how Lex will respond to Superwoman. I can't see him thinking of her as an enemy, more as a seduction challenge, so would he put her through those tests?

And Jason Trask, would he be as convinced that there was an alien invasion with it being a super-powered woman. Maybe he'd acuse her of wanting to distract all the men of the world with her skin tight costume making them all think with the brain in their pants!

Anyway, keep posting please. smile1
Luthor might change his reaction based on having a female superhero. However I do not see Trask changing at all. He hates aliens. At some level he probably does not even see Superwoman as really a woman at all. He no more would react to her based on her gender than he would react to Godzilla based on his gender.

John Pack Lambert
Pris Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Ok guys: I've gone back and made some changes to one description and one line of dialogue, and properly formatted everything with bold and italics. Thanks for catching typos and helping me improve the story. :3

Now, on to the comment replies!

Lara:

So glad you're enjoying the story, especially the characterization of Cat! I'm trying to do here what I felt like they should have done in the show, if they hadn't been playing her so much for laughs/she'd gotten more screen time. And I think there's an opportunity to show a different side of her here because Clark is Clara. In canon, Clark was always put off by Cat's blatant pursuit of him, and Lois and Cat had something of a rivalry, so Lois wouldn't really have gotten to know Cat that well.

Where, oh where did she pick up that language? At Great-(great-great-)aunt May's?
XD Clara tells me that her mother is a member of the Smallville Red Hat Lady Society, and Clara occasionally plays bridge with them.

Now don't you get any ideas, missy. Luthor is scary with a capital S. And probably a capital C, too.
This cracked me up. smile1 </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Glad you're enjoying it!! laugh And I don't plan on writing past the first season at the moment, so draw what conclusions you will from that...

Louis, I think I can say without really spoiling anything, is going to fall head over heels for Superwoman, and land pretty hard on his face! XD I'm not really sure yet what Lex is going to think. I think I'm just going to have to write the scenes and see what happens. On the one hand, he'll dislike her for the same reasons he disliked Superman - she's as powerful in her own way as Lex is, and she could pose a lot of problems to Lex's criminal empire. But on the other, he might react differently to her being a woman.... Actually, now that I think about it, I think he'll actually hate her more. He's never let gender stop him from crushing other women in his way - Baines, Tony Taylor, etc. - and I think Superwoman being female might actually enrage him more, since he seems to view women mostly as trophies/conquests.

But I think things will go very differently after a while, because in this reality it's Clara he wants, rather than Lois. I'm toying with the idea of having him discover the dual identity in the final episode, because I'm really not sure if his desire for Clara would override his hatred of Superwoman, but I'd like to find out. But again, I think that's probably just going to be something I play by ear.

Trask I don't think will react any differently. He just hates aliens, plain and simple. Though he might think Clara's motivations are different, since she's female. Rather than a conquest by force, he may theorize that she's the advance guard for a race of aliens who want to capture males and breed with them or something, because they ran out of guys on their home world. He'll still want to kill her at any cost, and he'll probably be even nastier to Louis and keep calling him like the Father of Mutants or something, and think that Louis has been chosen to be Superwoman's mate. Which can lead to an interesting conversation, because Louis can bring it up, and Clara will probably just be like >_> because she does want to date Louis.

Thanks for reading laugh New part will be up mid next week.

Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
I like the interaction between Luthor and Clara. I can see him wanting to pursue her, but I hope she doesn't fall for it.

On a totally unrelated note, I've got a question for you, Pris. What does the emoticon you keep using mean? :3 It makes me think of a cat face, but I've never seen anyone use that before, so I'm not sure I'm looking at it right.
Thanks! I think I'm going to have fun with Lex and Clara. I think it's going to turn into something like the Lois-Clark-Mason triangle from S2, at least before Clara realizes Lex is up to no good. ^_~

In case you missed it, I answered your question about the :3 emoticon a few comments up. ^_^

John:

Thanks for reading and for all your detailed comments! I'm so glad you enjoy the story so much. Your enthusiasm keeps me just as enthusiastic. laugh laugh laugh laugh

This way she does not have to change her purse once she marries Louis. Hmm, this leads me to think, Superwoman having a child might cause some problems not posed to Superman. I mean, if she wants to keep her identity secret, she would probably want to not be seen in public for a while. Being pregnant at the same time as Clara Kent would be too suspicious. Not to mention the outrage about a pregnant out-of-wedlock superhero.
I've actually thought about that too. It would probably have to be something like, she would announce that she was traveling to a different planet and would be back in around a year, and in the mean time some of her friends from the Justice League would be filling in. It's always been my head canon that Clark joined the Justice League some time during S2 of the show, since he mentions Gotham City in early S3. I might even pull a few Justice League mentions into this series... But of course, if anything happened that only Superwoman could possibly handle, then Clara would probably show up, pregnant and all, and eventually have to answer questions. And oh man, probably everyone and their dad would be claiming that they were the father, and the tabloids would be alternating between saying it was Louis Lane, who had clearly cheated on his wife, or like... Batman. Because Batman.

This sounds like the one from That Old Gang of Mine.
That's exactly what I was thinking! laugh

This is the best explanation of the lenses I have ever seen.
I actually can't take credit for that. It's pretty common fanon for most Superman fanfiction I've read.

Lou: no I won't, I will bury the message.
Lol, pretty much! XD

Thanks again so much for all your comments! laugh I'm not going to answer anything else specifically right now, because I don't want to ~give it all away~ ^_~

~Pris
==================================
One time, I met Dean Cain. He picked me up and joked it wasn't too late for me to marry Superman. It was awesome.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
or like... Batman. Because Batman.
Oh, my gosh! That would make a great story. (But not this one.) LOL

~~~

As for the glasses, I've seen the explanation about the glass being lead to remind Supes not to use his xray vision many times, but I've never seen the explanation of that being why the glasses were so big and heavy. I think that may have been what John was getting at, but I'm not sure. And as for the idea of Clara not wearing glasses, I think if you have her say she is wearing contacts now that it would work just fine. All you'd need is a very different hairstyle - or even color - and maybe different makeup.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pris Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by Classicalla:
or like... Batman. Because Batman.
Oh, my gosh! That would make a great story. (But not this one.) LOL

~~~

As for the glasses, I've seen the explanation about the glass being lead to remind Supes not to use his xray vision many times, but I've never seen the explanation of that being why the glasses were so big and heavy. I think that may have been what John was getting at, but I'm not sure. And as for the idea of Clara not wearing glasses, I think if you have her say she is wearing contacts now that it would work just fine. All you'd need is a very different hairstyle - or even color - and maybe different makeup.
Lol maybe I'll do a story set in the future at some point, where it's Clara's second pregnancy or something, and they're watching the news, and Clara sees that Bats is in danger and she can't NOT go help, and then because she showed up pregnant to help him, everyone assumes that Batman is the father and Louis is like >_< And Batman is like NO BABIES. ONLY JUSTICE.

I think Clara is going to stop wearing her glasses and claim she got contacts by the beginning of 'Strange Visitor' and wear a mask as Superwoman. I've had a few thoughts about the mask I'd like to explore, but I'll not say what yet. laugh

~Pris
==================================
One time, I met Dean Cain. He picked me up and joked it wasn't too late for me to marry Superman. It was awesome.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Can't wait for the next part.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 2! hyper
I like the cover art. Gives us all a little bit more context laugh
"She's a hick. Little Susie Smallville. I couldn't make that name up!"
clap
[Linked Image] Chocolate. And according to Mouserocks, don’t ask her if she’s got PMS when she accepts them.

But Clara just looked calmly up at Louis, her brown eyes dancing with laughter. “You like to be on top. Got it.”
clap

It kind of reminded her of Daddy.

Oh great, Clara groaned inwardly. Let’s not mention that one to Mom, or she’ll start in with Freud and her psych classes.
evil

As soon as the elevator doors closed behind Louis, Clara sped over to Cat’s desk, grabbed one of her business cards, and frantically punched the listed home number into Cat’s desk phone.

“Cat Grant.”

“Cat,” Clara said with some relief. “Will you help me?”
Awesome!

“Ah,” Cat said, as if everything suddenly made sense. “I was wondering if you’d put a spell on him or something. Louie’s got extreme mommy issues. He pretty much only dates when he has to, for work appearances.
Maybe he’s into guys?

To be honest, I think he’s afraid of what he might do to a woman.”

“What?” Clara gasped, suddenly really glad she was invulnerable. Could she have misjudged Lou that badly?
laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The next day, Claudia was telling everyone about Lou’s mommy issues and claiming he was a one minute man.
evil

The last thing she heard was her father shouting, “You make sure this Lou character knows you’re not that kind of girl!” and her mom admonishing, “Jonathon, it’s a new age. She can be that kind of girl if she wants, and it’s none of our business.”
evil

Clara smiled, and Louis’ heart gave an absurd flutter. Stop that, he told it. We’d ruin her.
Is that Hick for getting her with child?

Clara glared, but said, “Lex Luthor, why haven’t you been returning my phone calls?”

“Perfect! Once he comes over, give him your hand and introduce yourself. Then introduce me. I’ll take it from there.”
And he won’t notice the bait and switch?

He’d always hated it, because ‘Lou’ sounded like the sort of name a plumber or a mechanic might have.
Oh. To me, it also sounds like a film noir detective. Or it could be short for Filou. Both would fit evil

Louis felt his hands curl into fists. “Look, I have been trying to get this interview for over a year, so if you think that you’re just going to waltz in there and – ”
Wouldn’t it be fun if she took it all?

It occurred to him that Clara might not be as naïve as she first appeared. He’d have to keep an eye on her.
laugh

It was weird to think she had any feminine wiles at all. It was mostly the dress, she knew.
No, it would work too, if she were naked and tied to a pole.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lex Luthor was exactly her type. She usually went for older blond men with strong features, and Lex was absolutely that…
wave Michael

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard