Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94649 04/21/13 08:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You can find the story here.

I doubt this works for my April Comedy Challenge, even though I hope I did get a few chuckles out of you. wink But my Betas told me I should post this before I was tempted to change / rework it again.

I wasn't sure if I should call this a 1/1 Complete story or not as I will be posting Lois's POV from the night before (the Prequel) probably in a week. Both stories go together, but also work as one-shots.

Thank you for reading. Comments always appreciated and gobbled up. smile1

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/28/14 12:25 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
While I Slept
[Linked Image] Does this have anything to do with the similarly named movie?

Description: Extended scene from “The Prankster”. Clark’s POV.
[Linked Image]

He had overslept; with Lois asleep in his arms, he didn’t really want to move off the sofa and return to his bed alone.
Right. Duh! Lois stayed over. For some reason I thought the sleeping referred to his frozenness. Also, he could have moved her over into his bed with him and then, the next morning, things could have taken their natural courses.

Another quick scan showed him that Lois was still asleep.
LOIS: *Please don’t let him notice I spied on Superman stripping. Please don’t let him notice I spied on Superman stripping. Please don’t let him notice I spied on Superman stripping. *

“Hey, Clark. Wow, the phone didn’t even ring,” Jimmy said.
Oops?
CLARK: What? You think that’s worse than having Lois wake up from her peaceful slumber and get into danger again?

“Okay. Great!” Clark said. He saw Lois stretch from where she lay on the sofa.
LOIS: *Mmmmm… I smell fresh story…*

Clark explained, watching as Lois picked up a piece of cold pizza and stuck it into her mouth.
CLARK: help

“That’s when I discovered that you weren’t awake. You were actually talking in your sleep,” Lois said.
Oops? She didn’t wake-dream it?

“I was… what? I don’t…” Clark said, shaking his head. No, that would be really bad. Worse than those times he had floated in his sleep. Okay, maybe not worse…
LOIS: And *then* I kissed you on the check and you grumbled and floated us back down to the couch.

“I love you. Present tense, but since I am telling you what happened in my dream, it sounds like the past tense,” Lois clarified, running his tie through her fingers.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
thumbsup

Waiting for Lois' POV

KateB
U
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
U
This was FANTASTIC!! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, wondering what Lois would say next. Can't wait to hear her side of the story!

-- Ultra Lucille

Ultra Lucille
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Thanks for the FDK. smile1
Does this have anything to do with the similarly named movie?
You mean "While You Were Sleeping"? (one of my Favorite movies, BTW), but no.

Right. Duh! Lois stayed over. For some reason I thought the sleeping referred to his frozenness. Also, he could have moved her over into his bed with him and then, the next morning, things could have taken their natural courses.
Lois hitting him in the head with 2x4? [Linked Image]

LOIS: *Please don’t let him notice I spied on Superman stripping. Please don’t let him notice I spied on Superman stripping. Please don’t let him notice I spied on Superman stripping. *
[Linked Image]

Oops?
CLARK: What? You think that’s worse than having Lois wake up from her peaceful slumber and get into danger again?
hyper Thanks, Michael. wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
KateB: Thank you. blush
Waiting for Lois' POV
I'm thinking of posting it late Saturday night or on Sunday. Half-way between Wrong Clark postings.

Ultra Lucille: Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
This was FANTASTIC!!
hyper Sorry, I needed to read that line again. blush

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, wondering what Lois would say next. Can't wait to hear her side of the story!
I'm so happy this worked. Her's is a slightly different tone, which is why I separated the POVs, because together in one story (which they were originally) for some reason didn't sound right. They are both one-shots, which happen to go together.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
clap I love that. Clark should have been afraid once she said she had woken up, even though that does happen in dreams.

I think that is the first in sleep revelation story.

I figured Clark was doomed from the point where Lois said he saved her from the blender.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really enjoyed this story. John is right, Clark's goose was cooked as soon as he flattened the blender. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the FDK and applause. smile1 Hmmm. Yes, that's about when he started getting nervous.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You mean "While You Were Sleeping"? (one of my Favorite movies, BTW), but no.
Yeah.

Lois hitting him in the head with 2x4?
Erm…now I understand why there’s such apparent lack of progress. /talks to Perry about signing Lois up for some biology 101 courses/

But cold pizza is good!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Erm…now I understand why there’s such apparent lack of progress. /talks to Perry about signing Lois up for some biology 101 courses/
LOIS: Clark, what's up with Perry? First he sends us to that never ending Safety Seminar and now Human Anatomy classes. Am I missing something?

CLARK: <tilts down glasses> Nope. It's all there.

LOIS: <swats at her partner>

CLARK: <deftly steps away in time>

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
ER: Clark! <<Shocked>> What about the double standard?
CLARK: Um... er... [Linked Image] Double standard? Right. I'm not supposed to do that, am I? My bad.

CLARK: What? I saw two... Not that they where standard. I mean, yes, they're standard equipment, but they where definitely not standard.

LOIS: <<pulls out bat to keep the competition away>>

CLARK: I mean...
[Linked Image]

/psst. the prequel While You Slept... already up for your viewing pleasure./

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/notices subtle hint/ Alas...Not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest or teleport me off this rock.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana: Ooooh! Bonus FDK! hyper

Its been ages since hearing this song. Thanks for the trip back in time!
I'm a big fan of what is now considered "the oldies" and am often inspired by them. The Romantics did have a good song or two, even if their music videos left much to be desired. laugh

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard