Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#94593 04/19/13 09:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

This part is dedicated to all of you who wanted to see Lois and Clark embracing in the shower. evil

Comments and tomato sauce always welcome. laugh

<<Side Note: I have now completed as many parts as "Missing Lois" was and still no end within the next ten parts. thud My apologies to any of you who thought this would be a nice short story, like "Another Dimension, Another Time, and Another Lois" was.>>

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 12:31 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Terrific. Lois would probably be in one of her moods, having taken a cab.
Shouldn't he be glad to see Lois. I guess since he does not know that she knows The Secret TM, it makes sense he is hesitant.

As the officer approached, Superman recognized him as the same man who had thought Clark was an escaped felon. Officer Kolson.
I like the reaccurance of another officer. The two Henderson's could not be everyone.

Superman stood more erect and hoped the man didn’t see any resemblance between him and the man pulled from Hob’s Bay.
Did they ever even tell Kolson that man was not a felon?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I didn’t touch it. The store owner Mya Kashnush, is keeping an eye on it for us.”
I have to like your story now just for adding in Indian characters. On the show we almost saw Dr. Banerjee, but he got kidnapped so we never dealt with him. I geuss there was Asabi, but more Indian characters are always appreciated.

“I didn’t have a chance to read this man his Miranda rights, if you could be so kind,” Superman reminded him.
Would it technically count if Superman did so. He is not an officer of the law.

It wasn’t Superman’s modus operandi to do Miranda Rights,
Really I donot think it would count.

but the last thing he’d want would be that robber back on the street within twenty-four hours because Kolson forgot to do his job.
Technically the robber being back on the street in 24-hours is more likely to be related to bail than reading his rights.

He hadn’t forgotten to read Clark his Miranda rights at the hospital
You need to be more careful with convicted felons.

Superman turned away from him, and walked towards Lois. “Hello.”
smile1 Lois and Clark are talking to eachother this part. It counts since Lois knows, even though Clark does not know that lois knows.

“Hi,” she replied.
For some reason her "oh, this won't work" line from The Phoenix is coming to mind.

On the other hand, Clark wasn’t currently Clark; he was Superman.
Lois:Must remember no kissing him. Oh wait, I can't kiss him as Clark eaither. I really hope I get the goods on Lex soon.

He had timed Superman’s arrival into Metropolis to coincide with the court letting out for the day.
So he mainly came to see Lois. He is so lucky that Lois knows The Secret, otherwise he might be shooting himself in the foot.

John Pack Lambert
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> This part is dedicated to all of you who wanted to see Lois and Clark embracing in the shower. grumble Leading me on like that.

Despite not being what I had expected, the shower scene was pretty cute. I also liked Clark's deliberation over whether to go to Lois's place.

I'd like to see Lois slip up and Clark figure out that she knows without her knowing that he knows that she knows. He could really mess with her and get her back for rejecting Superman and messing with his head. But maybe I'm more vindictive than Clark is, and all he would want to do is clear the air. Not that trying to clear the air has worked much for him so far.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The last time Superman had seen Lois, they had kissed on the rooftop shortly after he had returned from stopping the smaller Nightfall asteroid.[Quote]

Fortunatly she knew The Secret then, otherwise he really would have shot himself in the foot.

[Quote]He hadn’t recovered his memories yet at that point, and had said some pretty stupid things for Superman. He hoped Lois didn’t remember.
I am sure she remembers. Although shouldn't he want her to remember Superman's stupidity so she will like Clark more?

“Feeling better?” Lois asked.

So much for that hope.
He should suspect that she figured out from his out of it responces to her on the roof if nothing else. He should assume Lois would try to manipulate knowing the secret to her own advantage.

“Yes, thank you. I’m sorry about the other day…” he started to say, but she waved off his apology.
So either she knows the secret or she is not really mad that Superman kissed her despite her protestations she was in love with another man.

“Let’s not talk about that here,” she murmured, glancing down at her notebook, and he nodded.
It might learn to other people realizing the Secret.

but she said that her husband, Raj, was on the way from his office and that he would take her.
I'm half surprised it is take her and not "give her a checkup". OK, not all Indians I have known have been doctors, the other half were engineers. OK, that is not quite true either, but definately in the late 1990s I would have said so.

He works in the computer software division of LexCorp,” Superman said, getting down to brass tacks.
Now that fits the stereotypes of Indians I have known. Much better than Asabi.

“I like it when you use the human shield move,” Lois murmured,
Has he ever been a human shield for Lois? The thing that came to my mind fastest here was his violating his bail terms during MoSB, but I am not sure he acted as a human shield there.

Is Lois flirting with me? Superman wondered.
Yes, but she knows the Secret, so she probably can't fully help it.

He hoped not.
dance tell her the truth Clark.

but he didn’t want to do so as Superman.
Already failed that plan, he let her know the truth as Superman.

He felt that he should tell her in the persona he truly was, which was Clark, not Superman.
I think telling her which persona is the key, not which persona he is in. Anyway once he says "Lois, I'm Clark", he can speed-change into Clark.

Superman was the fake persona; therefore, he shouldn’t be the one doing the revealing. By saying ‘Lois, I’m Clark’, it felt as if he was telling her that Clark was the fake persona,
Actually I see it the other way around. If SM says "I'm Clark" he seems to be asserting that as the real identity.

and that wasn’t true. Or did he have that backwards? By saying, as Clark, ‘Lois, I’m Superman’ was he telling her that Clark was the false persona?
Actually I think the key is to tell her which persona is real. However he really can't do that unless he tells her about alt-dimension, so he needs to prepare to tell her lots, definately more than she knows.

Anyway, ‘Clark’ was in Smallville visiting the Kents, so he couldn’t show up to have that conversation with Lois at the moment.
But that would be a way to make sure she would have to accept the reality of her knowing. It would make it impossible for her to claim continued ignorance.

Not that she would speak to him after hanging up so rudely on Jonathan this morning.
Clearly that theory fails since she knows CK=SM, and is speaking to him. Although since she is pretending she does not know, it does limit her ability to be make at SM for CK's actions.

“Yes. I also examined his hand with my microscopic vision, and his palm is no more scalded than if he had picked up a pot by its handle and then dropped it when he discovered it was hot,”
You know, I sort of don't think it made sense for Clark to heat up the gun that way. However he did it on occason in canon, so I guess it is in character. Other times he just let the criminals run down their own amunition, and I don't recall that the differences ever really made sense. On the other hand, LnC was strong on Clark, weak on Superman, so I often avoid trying to make sense out of SMs actions in the series.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“No, wait, that’s not right. I came by in early October when I picked up your sister to return her to Los Angeles after the Kerth Awards.”
If Lois had not realized already that CK=SM, she would be very confused that he had forgotten that.

He stared at her, wanting nothing more than to pull Lois to his chest and fly her away, kissing her until she saw reason.
Do it, do it, do it.

“You stopped by before Christmas when Mr. Make-Up was after me and told me that Clark was my soul mate,” she reminded him.
Yes, his forgetting that interchange really would tip Lois off that something was odd, if she did not already know.

Her voice sounded rough as if she wanted to add more, but didn’t.
I guess she can't really say more on that matter until he knows she knows.

“Is,” he murmured so softly it could have been a thought.
smile1 he still has hope.

“Then you also stopped by my apartment before you left on your mission, your initial mission to stop the Nightfall asteroid,” Lois went on.
Yep, Superman should really be worried that Lois is going to suspect.

“I don’t think meeting alone at your apartment is a good idea, Lois,” Superman said.
I have to admit I can't really agree with him here, but this is mainly because I know that Lois knows.

The last time he had been there, as Clark, he had wanted to make love to her and ended up leaving confused and rejected.
grumble at Herb and his stupid idea that the curse covers there two.

“Aren’t you most anxious to make sure the Voyeur hasn’t returned since that time to film me in the shower?” Lois asked wryly.
Superman:I check you place regularly.

Lois:So you violate my privacy?

Superman:No, no, I do it through a friend. Or ah, something like that.

Lois:Yeah, sure. That is because you are Clark.

Superman clenched his fist. Was she taunting him on purpose?
Lois:I have to take advantage of knowing the secret somehow. Come on, I deserve a little fun.

He tried not to let it show how her words had affected him. Did she know how that one sentence had filled him with fury, terror, and desire all at once?
She probably doubts the desire part since she does not realize why Clark will not make love to her.

Clark usually checked for spy equipment every time he went to Lois’s apartment as a matter of routine, but he hadn’t been to Lois’s apartment since dinner the night before last.
She porbably assumes he checked then, so she is really was taunting him with that line earlier.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
That night, he had been so preoccupied with thinking of how he could live without Lois after he had broken up with her that he had forgotten to scan the apartment.
Why does he even go close to such stupid ideas when he knows they will just rip him apart emotionally?

Prior to that night, Clark hadn’t been to Lois’s apartment since she had spent the night alone at the Lexor
So if her going to the Lexor was a ploy to open her apartment up to put bugging equitment in it, he has not checked since then.

– was that only a week ago?
It seems longer, of course that is because it has been about two months of posting-time.

– and they met for breakfast the next morning, the morning of the Nightfall eclipse.
So did he go to her apartment the next morning? So he did check once since she was in the Lexor?

He hadn’t scanned her apartment then, either,
Umm, so much for his scanning her apartment ever chance he gets.

because she had been so distraught about her dream, her vision where something horrible would happen to Clark.
He should trust those visions even more now.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I’d also like to discuss with you what happened before Clark’s abduction,” Lois informed him softly,
Like how he ended up leaving his suit at Clark's place? Where Clark was all day? Clark should be scared.

before raising her voice. “Thanks for the interview.” She set her hand on his arm. “And thank you for saving us from the asteroid. I forgot to mention that the other day.”
Clark:I would have appreacited the thanks for the other day, your interview really confused me.

“I hope you know that you never need to thank me for rescuing you, Lois,” he replied,
I am sure it does make him feel good none the less.

but he’d accept it all the same.
Accepting thanks in important.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> This part is dedicated to all of you who wanted to see Lois and Clark embracing in the shower. grumble Leading me on like that.

Despite not being what I had expected, the shower scene was pretty cute. I also liked Clark's deliberation over whether to go to Lois's place.

I'd like to see Lois slip up and Clark figure out that she knows without her knowing that he knows that she knows. He could really mess with her and get her back for rejecting Superman and messing with his head. But maybe I'm more vindictive than Clark is, and all he would want to do is clear the air. Not that trying to clear the air has worked much for him so far.
That situation would lead to lots of hilarity. Lois knows, Clark knows Lois knows, but Lois does not know Clark knows Lois knows. It would be a love-pentagon built for two, with all sorts of actions meant to confuse the other party.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Oh?” she said, a teasing smile cracking the side of her mouth as she dropped her hand. “And here I thought you saved the world – literally – and not just me.”
Clark:What is the point of a world that lacks Lois?

Lois caught his gaze and said with a deadpan expression, “I alternate between here and Cloud 9.” Then, with a signature Lane move, she cut between Kolson and Superman to ask some questions to the officer, allowing him to escape.
smile1 she is helping Clark. Althogh I guess Clark can see it as maintaining her monopology on SM interviews.

It was probably best, for Kolson’s safety, that Superman wasn’t supposed to have knowledge of that night.
Lois:See, Clark is still keeping secrets from me.

Clark paced the stretch of mountain where he had taken Lois that day when he, as Superman, had broken up with her.
I'm surprised he goes to that place.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He didn’t know what he was doing. He should go find someone to rescue to keep Superman from going to Lois’s apartment.
Then she will just think Clark is even a bigger wimp. Of course he does not know that, but it would probably shot himself in the foot the most of any of his options.

Visiting her as Superman felt deceitful,
Except since she does know, it won't be so bad.

as if he were testing her loyalty to Clark,
Now if he had been trying to do that when he kissed her before, Lois would really have a reason to be mad

only… only she had broken-up with Clark.
But she said it was only a ruse. Of couse since she did not really explain why she was doing that ruse, he has doubts.

Had she done this to pursue Superman again?
No. You know I would have a totally different reaction if I did not know Lois knew The Secret.

His heart ached at this thought.
I do wish Clark did not have this doubt about Lois, but at knowing it is unfounded makes it livable. I guess I have to say as a literary device, Lois knowing and Clark not knowing she knows is fun, but I still feel for Clark.

He should ask her, point blank, but there was a problem. Her answer terrified him.
Stop being such a wimp Clark. Believe that Lois told the truth when she said she was in love with you.

he had dissected their two minute conversation for the past hour. Every smile, every word, every glance, had been scrutinized as he tried to see if and how their relationship had changed. If? Damn straight, it had.
Lois:Well, it would be no fun if I didn't mess with his brain some.

Knowing that he had kissed her while wearing his uniform had removed that as a barrier between them.
Lois:Good. It would have been awkward if my boyfriend has some clothes that if he worse he would not kiss me.

It would be more difficult for him to keep the two sides of himself separate.
Good think Lois altready knows the Secret.

Superman had kissed her, and wanted to do so again… desperately.
I don't think she would let him again in the short term.

He had to resist, he knew, for Clark’s sake.
Fortunantly this is no longer an issue, otherwise I really would be worried.

If Superman pursued Lois, Clark wouldn’t stand a chance, and he knew it.
He really needs to start believing Lois more.

On the other hand, if she had dumped Clark to go after Superman, he could continue to kiss Lois as Superman.
wallbash This is such a lunkhead idea.

This was the stupidest idea under the sun, he knew.
Not any worse than breaking up with her for her own good.

He needed to tell Lois the truth.
Yes he does. Not just that CK=SM, but all of it.

If he allowed her to dump Clark to see where a relationship with Superman would go,
He needs to realize that he is not "allowing" any of this, it happens based on others choices.

and then allowed the relationship with Superman to flourish, would he ever be able to tell her the truth? He doubted it.
Fortunantly or un he no longer has a choice in the matter. She knows The Secret whether he likes it or not.

If he told her that Clark was Superman, after playing her off both men again, neither would be allowed to kiss her.
Considering how many times they have kissed since she learned The Secret, I think he is overly worried. Although considering how mad she is about what he has doen, he is probably right, if Lois did not now know.

He would’ve been lucky if either relationship would have survived such a confession before the Superman kiss, now… now, he had no doubt that he would see Lois angrier than he had ever seen her, and he had seen her mad often enough.
Actually I don't think she will get away with doing the direct anger thing at him over it. Of course it does depaend on whether he tells her of she lets him know she already knows. If he tells her she may go the angry route.

Superman needed to let Lois know that the kiss up on the roof had been a mistake.
But then if he tells her the truth, will she think all his kissing her he views as a mistake?

Only, how would he be able to do that when all he wanted to do was kiss her again?
Tell her that like Clark he was confused at the time?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois pulled her dinner out of the microwave and set it on the table.
I am shocked she did not start a fire in this process.

As she went to get a glass of water, she heard a soft tapping at her window. Glancing over she saw Clark… Superman standing on her fire escape.
frown she does not know that Clark is his real identity.

While she ate, Superman continued to stare to her,
I think that should be "to stare at her".

not with desire or boredom, but with a slight puzzled expression. Had Clark expected her to treat Superman differently since they had kissed? Ha!
Lois:Although his kisses are amazing, still, I can keep up my facade.

After returning home, Lois had gone through every outfit in her closet, trying to decide what would be the appropriate thing to wear when your boyfriend came over,
hyper she is in Clark's arms.

Lois smiled, glancing at him. “Why, yes, it is. It was a gift. Do you like it?”
You know, if she did not know that CK=SM, I really don't see her doing this with SM. So her claims nothing has changed really don't work.

“I feel like such a fool, Superman,” Lois said, dropping to the bed in a huff. “How could I have not noticed them?”
Lois:Or that you are Clark.

Oh, there are so many places where she could drop that line.

He moved to sit next to her, and then seemed to change his mind, shifting back to his normal A-frame position with his arms crossed and his feet shoulder width apart.
Lois:He won't be able to keep up the charade around me much longer.

Was she somehow making him uncomfortable? She wondered.
Does she have no idea how much he wants her?

She gazed at him, wishing this whole ruse was over and done with so she could rush into his arms.
dance she wants to be in his arms. Hmm, I really don't see why she insists on keeping up her pretenses.

She felt bad for yelling at Jonathan so horribly that morning.
dance She is even reassumring Clark, let's hope he listenes.

Lois lifted her head to focus her gaze on him. “Excuse me?” She had heard of role playing before, but this took the cake. Did ‘Superman’ not know of their ruse?
No, he just is not sure if he really believes she still loves him.

“No!” she exclaimed, holding out her hand to stop him.
This makes me pretty sure she did not set this situation up intentionally.

“… it might be a little too much,” Lois finished. She sighed and flopped back onto her bed.
I can totally see Lois wording things this way.

slightly surprised that Jerome hadn’t returned yet.
Making love with Lois is more fun than going back to Kansas.

He had said he was going to Metropolis to have Superman’s presence felt even if ‘Clark’ was officially out-of-town. He hoped to add confusion to anyone who might think they knew he was Superman.
However if you thought CK=SM, then SM being halfway arcoss the country from CK would not really work against that theory.

Martha and Jonathan had guessed the true reason Jerome went was to see Lois.
Jonathan:Most men like to see their wives.

“She’s right,” Jerome had told Jonathan, when they came in for lunch. “I already disappeared without word once this week. I shouldn’t have left town without speaking to her directly.”
I like that they both admit they were wrong.

“But you’ve broken up,” Jonathan had rebutted.
But it was a fake breakup.

“She still loves me,” Jerome had responded.
I only wish I was sure he believed that.

“And I still love her. She deserves the consideration I didn’t give her.”
Maybe he should not take Perry's advice on dealing with women. It never worked for Jimmy.

“How’s Metropolis?” he asked, and they both knew he meant Lois.
Is there any story where Clark regularly calls Lois "Metropolis".

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I saw Lois,” Jerome said, and then corrected himself. “No, I didn’t. Superman did.”
But they are the same person.

“So…?” Jonathan asked. “Does Lois want a relationship with you?”
Clark:Which me did you mean in that sentance?

He should really know the answer from Lois' line about missing Clark.

“I have no idea. It seems I understand Lois less than I thought I did. Women are confusing.”
Well, since he has not figured out that she knows The Secret, he clearly does not understand Lois.

“I think she might have been flirting with me,” Jerome said. “Superman me, but then again, I might have been misinterpreting her words and actions, because a part of me wanted her to kiss me again, no matter who I am.”
I am pretty sure she was flirting, if not fully consciously.

Martha and why she never wore perfume anymore.
Why doesn't she wear perfume?

He wondered if she still had any of that perfume left. It had been years since she wore it.
So it dates back before the accident.

the nice Swedish housekeeper (the one who had barged in on her and Clark making out on the bed, and caused them to inadvertently get back together)
So she considers this women nice. That is good for Clark, if only he knew how much Lois really misses him.

Bingo!
smile1 for more evidence against Luthor.

She now knew how Lex had known about her and Clark.
No, just one of the ways. He had suspected them a lot since September. Well, actually he had been convinced he knew they had done the deed since September.

No wonder ‘management’ had given her and Clark
So Clark was supposed to be there.

Lex hadn’t believed her when she had said that there was nothing going on between her and Clark.
Lex did not become The Boss TM by trusting people.

She would make sure that she and Clark didn’t share any more romantic telephone calls until Lex was securely behind bars.
But since he would sense a bug on his end and she would find one on hers, would it matter?

If she laid her groundwork properly tonight, it was very probable that the Voyeur would be back in action before too long.
hyper her plot is moving forward.

It wouldn’t be as if he would be seeing anything he hadn’t seen before, but still… Lois shivered in disgust.
She really will take one for the team.

She would have to convince Clark not to come to her apartment or he would know that the Voyeur was back.
Of course this is assuming she can also convince him not to check on her apartment while she is not there.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Can't post much now but I liked it. still with you. Keep it up!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for reading. Sorry for the frustration. (Hence note about tomato sauce). wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for filling my inbox with FDK. hyper
Shouldn't he be glad to see Lois. I guess since he does not know that she knows The Secret TM, it makes sense he is hesitant.
He went to Metropolis to see Lois. He'd rather visit happy Lois than angry Lois though.

I like the reaccurance of another officer. The two Henderson's could not be everyone.
Wolfe and I believe the muffin muncher have dropped in too.

Did they ever even tell Kolson that man was not a felon?
Um... no. If he read the DP, he probably figured it out though when Clark's story was told.

I have to like your story now just for adding in Indian characters. On the show we almost saw Dr. Banerjee, but he got kidnapped so we never dealt with him. I guess there was Asabi, but more Indian characters are always appreciated.
I try to make Metropolis more multicultural than in canon.

Would it technically count if Superman did so. He is not an officer of the law.
I'm not sure how that works. Does it HAVE to be an officer of the law? If he's apprised of them by a total stranger or witness, he's still been warned.

Technically the robber being back on the street in 24-hours is more likely to be related to bail than reading his rights.
CLARK: Well, let's hope he doesn't qualify for that either.

You need to be more careful with convicted felons.
CLARK: I have never been convicted of anything!

CAT: Of being adorable.

CLARK: blush

Lois and Clark are talking to eachother this part. It counts since Lois knows, even though Clark does not know that lois knows.
Clark knows he's Clark, so that counts. Right. wink

For some reason her "oh, this won't work" line from The Phoenix is coming to mind.
I don't remember that from the Phoenix.

So he mainly came to see Lois. He is so lucky that Lois knows The Secret, otherwise he might be shooting himself in the foot.
Coming to visit Lois was for purely selfish reasons.

I am sure she remembers. Although shouldn't he want her to remember Superman's stupidity so she will like Clark more?
CLARK: I'd rather not act stupid in either persona, thank you very much.

He should suspect that she figured out from his out of it responces to her on the roof if nothing else. He should assume Lois would try to manipulate knowing the secret to her own advantage.
But that would assume that Clark would understand that Lois is no longer blind. Otherwise, all her responses could be taken in another way.

So either she knows the secret or she is not really mad that Superman kissed her despite her protestations she was in love with another man.
Or she doesn't want to talk about their private business out on the street.

I'm half surprised it is take her and not "give her a checkup". OK, not all Indians I have known have been doctors, the other half were engineers. OK, that is not quite true either, but definately in the late 1990s I would have said so.
Raj is not a doctor, but a computer programer.

Now that fits the stereotypes of Indians I have known. Much better than Asabi.
A stereotype is still a stereotype. frown I'll try to do better next time.

Has he ever been a human shield for Lois? The thing that came to my mind fastest here was his violating his bail terms during MoSB, but I am not sure he acted as a human shield there.
On the roof of the gold repository during Invisible Man. (This story not canon).

Yes, but she knows the Secret, so she probably can't fully help it.
[Linked Image]

It is her getting away with flirting with him without her knowing fully why that was why I just knew you would allow Lois to go through with convincing Clark she did not know The Secret.
[Linked Image]

Yes, although you might be able to still change her mind in the negative Clark if you do something really stupid.
Hmmmm... will lunkhead Clark make an appearance? Probably.

Lois:No. I just need to figure out a way to make him less over-protective.
Well, she IS dealing with her feelings for both CK and SM at the moment, too.

I think telling her which persona is the key, not which persona he is in. Anyway once he says "Lois, I'm Clark", he can speed-change into Clark.
CLARK: clap

Lois:I have to take advantage of knowing the secret somehow. Come on, I deserve a little fun.
laugh And, yes.

She probably doubts the desire part since she does not realize why Clark will not make love to her.
Actually, she was going mostly for fear and desire and a bunch of confusion.

LOIS: <<fist pump!>> Score!

She probably assumes he checked then, so she is really was taunting him with that line earlier.
It's been a few days. Anyway, she wants to get him alone. She misses him.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Why does he even go close to such stupid ideas when he knows they will just rip him apart emotionally?
Being ripped apart emotionally feels more how his life should be than happiness. He doesn't trust happiness, because it always seems to be pulled out from under him at some point or another.

So if her going to the Lexor was a ploy to open her apartment up to put bugging equitment in it, he has not checked since then.
LEX: Good Plan. I wish I had thought of it. But that free night at the Lexor was investigating something else.

It seems longer, of course that is because it has been about two months of posting-time.
Time stands still in Metropolis. Like right now. It's only March 1994.

So did he go to her apartment the next morning? So he did check once since she was in the Lexor?
No, I don't think he had a chance.

Umm, so much for his scanning her apartment ever chance he gets.
CLARK: blush Rub it in, why don't you?

He should trust those visions even more now.
He trusted her vision then, too, but he had already given his word to take care of Nightfall.

Like how he ended up leaving his suit at Clark's place? Where Clark was all day? Clark should be scared.
SUPERMAN: I stopped by Clark's apartment and gave him my suit after the mission and told him that I was going to spend a few days meditating and healing in Nepal. Apparently, he's forgotten this.

Clark:What is the point of a world that lacks Lois?
LOIS: So, you'd stop being Superman should I ever die? Well, if that isn't any pressure or anything?

she is helping Clark. Althogh I guess Clark can see it as maintaining her monopology on SM interviews.
A little of both.

Lois:See, Clark is still keeping secrets from me.
Same secret. Clark would have told her it was the same officer, if he had been there. But he wasn't, so no can do.

I'm surprised he goes to that place.
I needed some place secluded for him to go, and he loves to torture himself, so why not there to remind himself why SM *shouldn't* become involved with Lois again.

Then she will just think Clark is even a bigger wimp. Of course he does not know that, but it would probably shot himself in the foot the most of any of his options.
I'm sure he could have come up with a suitable alibi (rescue) for an excuse.

Now if he had been trying to do that when he kissed her before, Lois would really have a reason to be <mad>
CLARK: Lois being mad is always a possibility.

But she said it was only a ruse. Of course since she did not really explain why she was doing that ruse, he has doubts.
Clark can't believe she loves him, so he'll always have doubts.

No. You know I would have a totally different reaction if I did not know Lois knew The Secret.
You'd think she'd be going after him as SM again? Yeah, and you'd probably be correct too.

I do wish Clark did not have this doubt about Lois, but at knowing it is unfounded makes it livable. I guess I have to say as a literary device, Lois knowing and Clark not knowing she knows is fun, but I still feel for Clark.
He tortured her, now she gets to torture him back.

Stop being such a wimp Clark. Believe that Lois told the truth when she said she was in love with you.
CLARK: Because it was sooooo true when Lana said it?

Lois:Well, it would be no fun if I didn't mess with his brain some.
smile1

CLARK: Unless, of course, she dies. Then not so much.

However if you thought CK=SM, then SM being halfway arcoss the country from CK would not really work against that theory.
Every little bit helps.

M&J know Jerome and Lois aren't married. Lois told them this while they were in Smallville.

I only wish I was sure he believed that.
Clark is trying to believe that Lois really loves him. Does he get credit for that?

Maybe he should not take Perry's advice on dealing with women. It never worked for Jimmy.
clap Thank you for noticing that!

Is there any story where Clark regularly calls Lois "Metropolis".
Actually, I played around with it in one of my stories. I don't remember if it made it to the final draft. Lois called him Smallville, and in return he called her Metropolis.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Clark:Which me did you mean in that sentance?

He should really know the answer from Lois' line about missing Clark.
You can miss someone you don't want a relationship with.

I am pretty sure she was flirting, if not fully consciously.
It's just a given that Lois is always flirting with Superman whether or not she knows he also goes around as CK.

Why doesn't she wear perfume?
MARTHA: Why should I? It's expensive stuff and I spend all day in the heat and dirt and around animals. Any perfume smell will have disappeared within 5 minutes.

EW: Many of us women don't wear perfume on a daily basis. I used to wear it only on special occasions. I'd still only wear it on special occasions but I don't know where my perfume disappeared to on my last move... 8+ years ago. And I'm one of those people who would rather spend money on important things, such as LnC DVDs. laugh

So she considers this women nice. That is good for Clark, if only he knew how much Lois really misses him.
LOIS: Of course she's nice! She got Clark to kiss me.

<happy> for more evidence against Luthor.
Not that it would still be there should she ever get a court order to prove it.

No, just one of the ways. He had suspected them a lot since September. Well, actually he had been convinced he knew they had done the deed since September.
Actually, he's suspected something since right after Superman appeared in June.

Lex did not become The Boss TM by trusting people.
LEX: Trust (from the LexCo Dictionary) What other people do in Lex.

But since he would sense a bug on his end and she would find one on hers, would it matter?
But if they removed the bugs, Lex would be on to them being onto him.

She really will take one for the team.
LOIS: Well, don't think I'm doing this for MY pleasure!

Of course this is assuming she can also convince him not to check on her apartment while she is not there.
CLARK: I'm really not into an invading others' privacy, even if one of those 'others' happens to be Lois.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I try to make Metropolis more multicultural than in canon.
Well they did have African-American looking genrals with Jewish/Eastern European last named (Zeitlin), so it was multi-cultural, just at times very subtle.

I'm not sure how that works. Does it HAVE to be an officer of the law? If he's apprised of them by a total stranger or witness, he's still been warned.
I am not sure if anyone knows the answer, because I am not sure any court has ever considered this question.

Clark knows he's Clark, so that counts. Right. wink
clap

I don't remember that from the Phoenix.
When she hypervenalates about how just him saying "hi" to her causes a hundred thoughts to go through her head, she makes a comment about fearing what will happen when he uses is two-sylable word.

CLARK: wallbash Why didn't I think of that?
I really don't know. I mean since he would only tell her in a private place, speed changing should not be an issue.

CLARK: <<sheepishly>> That seems like a whole bunch to reveal all at once, doesn't it?
But she actually will understand you that way Clark, otherwise she will still be confused like Cat is, and might think you have non-human customs.

Either that or she'd suspect he doesn't remember because he visits lots of other women's windows.
Good point. He is really lucky she knows the Secret, otherwise he would be making big problems for himself once he tells her.

But Clark only really had their break-up on his mind, so naturally he thought of that other break-up, when SM broke up with Lois. And he's been there so often as Clark since then, that they've started to all blend together.
True, but if he was not Clark, none of those facts would be relevant.

It's been a few days. Anyway, she wants to get him alone. She misses him.
If only Clark would realize how much, and that it is him she misses.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He trusted her vision then, too, but he had already given his word to take care of Nightfall.
I still think he should have tired harder to figure out a way out.

SUPERMAN: I stopped by Clark's apartment and gave him my suit after the mission and told him that I was going to spend a few days meditating and healing in Nepal. Apparently, he's forgotten this.
That would probably work. I guess he can claim Clark was doing street interviews all day.

Lois:then why didn't he turn any in to Perry?

Clark:I guess I lost my notes when I was kidnapped.

You'd think she'd be going after him as SM again? Yeah, and you'd probably be correct too.
Well, you could have just avoided any Lois point-of-view sections, so we did not know what Lois really thought. That was what I was thinking about, not Lois actually not knowing The Secret, just us not knowing that Lois knows the Secret.

He tortured her, now she gets to torture him back.
Clark:I never meant to torture her. I was really going to tell her early on, until I got hurt by realizing she was fake kissing me and fake pretending to date me so she could be with Superman.

Reader:So he was mad that she was pretended to be with him so she could really be with him. I still think it would have been much easier to tell her The Secret.

CLARK: Because it was sooooo true when Lana said it?
But Lois has no problem with any part of you, she enjoys the Super-side. I guess to understand Clark we need to in part appreciate how much of a number Lana did on him. Hmm, that what is canon-Clark's excuse for being a total lunkhead in relation to Lois.

Do you really want to tell Clark he doesn't really have any control over his life? eek
Well, he has infleuence, but he is not in control, no one is ultimately in control.

she still thinks of Clark as her boyfriend.
Well, she knows this break-up is just a ruse.
Sadly Clark did not hear that part.

Lois:Or that you are Clark.

Oh, there are so many places where she could drop that line.
evil Oh, she's allowed to say it again, then?
On the other hand, his superheading means she can only do it once. Well, unless she figures out a really oblique way to do it, so he will only half suspect.

He did call her apartment, but she was in the shower. So, he tried her cell phone and left a message there and then at the DP.
That gives me more hope for Clark. ALthough he probably should have left a message on her answering machine.

CLARK: Unless, of course, she dies. Then not so much.
I had forgotten he had told his parents about the curse.

M&J know Jerome and Lois aren't married. Lois told them this while they were in Smallville.
OK, so I should have had that be a line by Thomas.

Actually, I played around with it in one of my stories. I don't remember if it made it to the final draft. Lois called him Smallville, and in return he called her Metropolis.
It would make the most sense if he did that during GGGoH, or someohter time they are out of town.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard