OP Offline
Top Banana
goofy

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob:

Co-husband with Luthor? Can Clark stand it? Ewwwww! whinging

Nice job standing this twisted universe on its head.

Queen ... you started this and I still insist you finish it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You managed to out-squick Queen. Congratulations, I think. dizzy

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
In case I didn't make it clear enough the first time, Bob: Bravo! clap

Also, somehow I missed this line before:
In any case, it would be nice to be done with Luthor and back to her nice, normal, boring marriage.
huh

~•~
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Both stories are delightful. BTW

You, one or both of you, could jump over to the Big Apricot and use this same idea as a way to fix "Superman Returns" without killing off Richard.

Framework4
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I have to say I'm pleased that anyone else enjoyed this. If felt fun but sometimes I just can't tell. And the whole thing about three "full" wives plus who-know-how-many social wives might be a little...

Morgana:
Co-husband with Luthor? .... Ewwwww!
Very much so!!!
Nice job standing this twisted universe on its head.
Thank you.
And wow did she!!! smile

Lynn:
You managed to out-squick Queen. Congratulations, I think.
Thanks. But for this kind of story, I would never presume to out-squick Queen. I am only an egg.

Queen:
Also, somehow I missed this line before:
In any case, it would be nice to be done with Luthor and back to her nice, normal, boring marriage.
That's because this was not in the first draft I sent you. I felt like we needed a Lois POV and a comment on the normalcy of the arrangement in the House of El.

This could be the start of a beautiful partnership, you know. You seem to have a way of taking my half-baked ideas and expanding them into these incredibly good fics. We should do this more often.
I like the idea. Many of your shorts seem to catch the attention of my muse. I have certainly enjoyed leveraging on your ideas this year.
What's to finish? Bob came up with a conclusion better than any I could have mustered, so what's left to say?
Well, I guess we know the real answer to this one now. smile notworthy

Framework4:
You, one or both of you, could jump over to the Big Apricot and use this same idea as a way to fix "Superman Returns" without killing off Richard.
Only if there is a way to do it and have it come out fun.

Bob

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Framework4 and bobbart, there actually is a superman returns story somewhere it there that hinted at the reasonJor-El didn't approve of Kal-El's relationship with Lois was that it wasn't "traditional" for Kryptonians (which regularly practiced polygamy and could have many husbands and wives.). It is an NC-17 so I'm not going to mention it here, but it is appropriate.

I adore ths extension of thngs! I have to wonder about the dynamic between Lois and Lana in the beginning (before and during the "birth-bond" marriage.). I'm not asking for another extension but it's so etching that if someone wanted to explore it in a different story.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Christina wave

there actually is a superman returns story somewhere it there that hinted at the reasonJor-El didn't approve of Kal-El's relationship with Lois was that it wasn't "traditional" for Kryptonians (which regularly practiced polygamy and could have many husbands and wives.). It is an NC-17 so I'm not going to mention it here, but it is appropriate.
You have me curious. You can't link to it from these boards, but I didn't think there was a problem naming it. I would think you could even say where to get it. Just don't describe it graphically and don't post a link.

I have to wonder about the dynamic between Lois and Lana in the beginning
I sort of saw them as being natural friends. They would know that they appeal to different aspects of Clark so there would have been minimal competitive friction. In this universe they would see right away that they could support each other. I suspect that they have been close co-conspiritors in deciding Clark's future for a long time.

Thanks for the note.
Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm pretty sure that the fic you're talking about is by Dandello, A Weekend In Lois Lane . Warning: Very Adult. NC-17. It does mention Kryptonian marriage customs in a pretty explicit manner.

Dandello has written a bunch of fics based on the "Superman Returns" movie, as well as based on the "Lois and Clark" universe. Her fics are always well worth reading.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my goodness. Luthor being the co-husband really got me....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooh! A continuation razz

Without releasing Clark, Lois turned and glared at Mayson. “I'm only a social wife. Lex already had his limit of three other full wives.
Huh, what now? Why would a man in a polygamous society go for that? Unless she’s rich or famous. Or really the only wife he can talk with. And the woman would marry without ever getting any nookie? confused

Since you're going to be at home now, you and Mayson need to get along.”
Oy. Clark’s peace and quiet’s gone now for good. And do they already have an extra room available? Or are they sharing a biiiig bed anyway. In which case they’ll need to make extra room in the closets and add another bathroom sink. Oh dear. Oh the logistics!

After a moment Mayson spoke up. “Hey, this means that Lex Luthor is my second husband once removed.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I have to say this makes the first part not so horrible. If Lois is Clark's first wife, well, it is not so horribly bad, maybe.

It at least makes a lot more sense now. Setting it in a society that accepts polygamy makes the whole thing work. Well, maybe, a little, sort of, although I am not still not sure that Lois would have allowed Clark to marry Lana and Mayson. Why?

1-even in societies that accept polygamy, its actual practice by particular couples is normally difficult and unless people have a strong reason to enter it, it often is not done. 2-even if Lois was OK with Clark having other wives, Lana and Mayson?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Framework4:
Both stories are delightful. BTW

I don't think anything can fix Superman Returns. Even if we figure out a way to Clark to leave while telling Lois why, so she does not feel abandoned, his being gone for 5 Years is still just stupid. I mean, maybe he did not think she could have a child by him, but before his stopping being Superman for a week caused huge trouble, why does he think his being gone for 5 Years will not be problematic? Especially when he is needed to testify against Luthor.

John Pack Lambert
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
IolantheAlias:
I'm pretty sure that the fic you're talking about is by Dandello, A Weekend In Lois Lane. Warning: Very Adult. NC-17. It does mention Kryptonian marriage customs in a pretty explicit manner.
I took a look but couldn't get more than a few pages in. The idea of a "very adult" doesn't worry me, but this is an "alternate lifestyles" story that I just could not handle. I guess I'm going to have to learn about Kryptonian marriage customs somewhere else.

Classicalla:
Oh, my goodness. Luthor being the co-husband really got me....
I can just see the conversation that took place:
Lois: Clark, I know it's been a tough year, but I think I can break open the investigation by marrying Lex.
Clark: WHAT!!!
Lois: Don't worry. It's just a social marriage. And it will only last until I can get the evidence on him.
Clark: I understand, but I really don't like it.
Lois: I don't either, but I don't see another way. It's either this or I give up on this and come home now. So, are we good?
Clark: (Grumbles) I guess.
Lois: So I need to get back. Is there anything else you need to tell me?
Clark: Yeah... There's this woman... Mayson.

Thanks for the note. smile

Michael:
Huh, what now? Why would a man in a polygamous society go for that? Unless she’s rich or famous. Or really the only wife he can talk with. And the woman would marry without ever getting any nookie?
I wrote up this whole set of rules for what real and social marriages meant, but I don't know what to do with it. Social spouses are a little bit of "best friend of the opposite sex" where it establishes a basis for doing things together - like movies or social events. It would also be the place where any future/replacement real spouse would come from.
CAT: Hey, why can *he* have multiple wives in his bed but I’m frowned upon when I suggest multiple husbands?
In the rules that I wrote up, there is no gender bias for who can have multiple spouses. So Cat can have her three husbands if she wants. I'm not sure it's a viable system. I can't honestly say that I gave it that mush thought beforehand.

John:
Well, I have to say this makes the first part not so horrible. If Lois is Clark's first wife, well, it is not so horribly bad, maybe.

It at least makes a lot more sense now. Setting it in a society that accepts polygamy makes the whole thing work. Well, maybe, a little, sort of, although I am not still not sure that Lois would have allowed Clark to marry Lana and Mayson. Why?

1-even in societies that accept polygamy, its actual practice by particular couples is normally difficult and unless people have a strong reason to enter it, it often is not done. 2-even if Lois was OK with Clark having other wives, Lana and Mayson?
I hear you. Like I said to Michael, this was a not-well-thought-out piece of whimsy.
I don't think anything can fix Superman Returns.
Agreed. There are just SO many things wrong with that movie.

Thanks again, everyone. This may not be the most logical universe, but it was fun to write.

Bob

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Great stories.

Now I'm trying to figure out who the perfect Luthor trifecta would be. Ariana Carlin and Mindy Church are must-haves for evil and deviousness. But there are possibilities for either Clois or Miranda for the clinging-to-me-and-making-my-life-a-living-Hell-I-need-to-get-away-from-you factor.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Shallowford:
Now I'm trying to figure out who the perfect Luthor trifecta would be. Ariana Carlin and Mindy Church are must-haves for evil and deviousness. But there are possibilities for either Clois or Miranda for the clinging-to-me-and-making-my-life-a-living-Hell-I-need-to-get-away-from-you factor.
Don't forget Luthor also dated Dr. Toni Baines and Toni Taylor that we know about. Either one of them who drive him crazy as well.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard