Once I realized that this was an April Fools' story, my imagination spun up. So, here is my twisted look at this world and the next part of this scene.

Thanks to Queen for giving the go ahead to offer my quick and not-beta-read take on her setting.

Queen of the Capes story is here: Lovable - Part 1

And now, my view of the next part of the story...

------------------------------------------------
Within seconds there was an angry pounding on the door. “What is that witch doing here?” she asked aloud as she started for the door. “If she thinks I can be intimidated...”

“Mayson, wait.” Clark said from behind as she approached the door.

“No way!” she insisted as she turned the knob. “If Mrs. High-and-Mighty wants a piece of me, then that's what she'll get!” Mayson threw open the door to come face to face with her enemy. “What do you mean pounding on my door like that?” Mayson demanded angrily.

As she caught Mrs. Luthor's face, she realized that the woman wasn't angry. She looked scared. Mrs. Luthor pushed past her, ran to Clark, and threw her arms around him. “I can't do this anymore,” Mayson heard her sob to Clark.

Clark lifted his arms and pulled the distraught Mrs. Luthor into a comforting hug. “Then we can end it now,” Clark said as he stroked her back.

As Mayson stood with her mouth agape, Lana came over and closed the door. “Clark, I think it's time to tell Mayson,” Lana said.

Clark looked up at Mayson. “Lois isn't the force behind Luthor's criminal activities.”

Mayson was growing livid. “How can you know that?” she demanded.

“Because Lois is my birth-bond wife,” Clark said solemnly.

Mayson almost collapsed from the shock. “She's your mysterious first wife?!”

“Yes, she is,” Lana confirmed calmly.

“She married Luthor as part of our trying to get information on his activities. We've deliberately avoided each other for more than a year to set this up,” Clark explained.

Without releasing Clark, Lois turned and glared at Mayson. “I'm only a social wife. Lex already had his limit of three other full wives. If you knew your job, you'd have seen Lex was trying to set me up to be the fall-guy for his criminal operations.” Then she turned back to Clark. “Fortunately, Mayson's bumbling caused Lex to try to set me up before he was really ready. I have all the evidence we need to take him down. The investigation is finished and I want to come home.”

“Be nice.” Clark said to the dark haired woman in his arms. “Think about how you probably looked to Mayson based on what she knew. And you've always known that you could come in any time you wanted. Since you're going to be at home now, you and Mayson need to get along.”

Mayson glared at Lois as Lana walked over to their husband. “Welcome home, Lois,” Lana said, putting her arms around both Lois and Clark. “I've missed you.”

Mayson knew what she needed to do. She copied Lana's action so that they were all in one group hug. “Yes,” she said. “Welcome home.”

After a moment Mayson spoke up. “Hey, this means that Lex Luthor is my second husband once removed.”

“Ewww,” Lana commented, “That means that he is for me too. Lois, I'm so glad that you were only a social wife.”

“What about me?” Clark commented. “Luthor is my co-husband.”

“Ewww,” Lana and Mayson said in unison.

Lois smiled at Mayson's attempt at a gesture of peace. Maybe being in a marriage with the blonde woman wouldn't be quite so bad after all. In any case, it would be nice to be done with Luthor and back to her nice, normal, boring marriage.

----------------------------------------------

Bob