C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Huh. Umm. Hmmm..

I got nuthin'.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#94201 04/02/13 04:42 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. Sad that it is a one shot, it would be a fun start to a long tale. I say long tale because it would take quite some time to work things out so Lois and Clark are together.

Framework4
#94202 04/02/13 06:06 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
So, Clark is a bigamist? Or is this a polygamous society? (Unlike some men, the thought of having two women in my bed at the same time makes my navel pucker. You know - squicky?)

And Lois is (was?) married to Lex. How very interesting. I wonder why she's coming to see him - or is she there to see Mayson? Does Clark have a secret identity in this reality or has he been "outed" already? Is Lex still alive and in good health? Who's really running things? Is Lois trying to dismantle the illegal operations without destroying the city's economy?

Oh, please write this! I like this kind of out-of-the-box writing, and this is further out of the box than anything I've come up with so far. I look forward to seeing the epic tale of Clark and his pair of wives (who seem very content, actually).

One more comment:
thumbsup

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#94203 04/02/13 09:52 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Soooooo, Lois Luthor? This is my kind if story! wink

.talk nerdy to me.
#94204 04/02/13 09:59 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It had been a long day of rescues, and he'd been sure that he'd never stop smelling the stench of smoke and charred flesh.
So, Lois was making Thanksgiving dinner?

Now, though, a scent of perfectly-cooking turkey wafted up from the kitchen
confused What kind of prank is this?

and he sighed contentedly as he settled into the cushions, anticipating another mouth-watering masterpiece of a dinner. Married life was good, he reflected.
Is this a Lois with the cooking-ghost memories?

She shook her head, frowning as she ran a finger over the soot and grime on his suit. "You know how much we wish you'd give this up," she told him.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#94205 04/02/13 12:41 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh come on! That's just begging for a continuation! Come back here! :p

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#94206 04/02/13 01:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, this one is just asking for more!

Why did Lois Luthor come to the house anyway?

Where is Lex?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#94207 04/02/13 01:40 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Queen,

Seriously, you aren't leaving it at that!

This has the makings of a much longer story.

All this was, was the set-up. You need to follow through.

Is Lex setting Lois up to take the fall?
Did Lois leave Lex?

Come on Queen, you need to finish this and take us out of our misery.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#94208 04/02/13 05:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What I want to know is how Clark ended up with two wives. Not that he can't keep them both "happy", if you know what I mean - after all, he is Superman. But right now, the legal system doesn't really allow polygamy...

#94209 04/02/13 05:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In Volume 5 of my Matchmaker set Hope Realized I had Mayson asking if Kryptonian marriage customs allowed for multiple wives. Since it is set in the canon Alt universe where everyone knows that CK=SM perhaps something like that would be overlooked that being the case.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#94210 04/03/13 01:28 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I have to say that it confused me at first. But once I understood what was going on, I loved the concept so much that I felt compelled to do a "Bob's version" of the rest of the story.

It is posted - with Queen of the Capes permission - as a reply to the original story.

Not sure this is normal protocol, but I guess if it isn't, Labby or someone can fix it later. smile

Edit:
I went ahead and moved it to a separate thread.

Bob

#94211 04/04/13 11:20 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, knowing that your stories usually have a killer punch line - most often with a bit of a surprise in it - I decided to comment as I read.

Now, though, a scent of perfectly-cooking turkey wafted up from the kitchen, and he sighed contentedly as he settled into the cushions, anticipating another mouth-watering masterpiece of a dinner. Married life was good, he reflected.
Wait, married life giving Clark perfectly cooked dinners? That only means that he isn't married to Lois. Never ever.

As if on cue, his wife came and sat beside him, putting her arms around his neck. "Hey, Honeybun," she said.
Honeybun? Must be Lana. razz Hmm, found a more fitting emote: [Linked Image]

She shook her head, frowning as she ran a finger over the soot and grime on his suit. "You know how much we wish you'd give this up," she told him.
Okay, definitely Lana. Waitaminute, we? Who's we? Lana and kids? (Please no!)

"We know," she said, giving him a sad little smile. She stood. "Go wash up and get changed," she said. "Mayson will be home any minute, and then we can eat."
Wait another minute, Mayson? As in Drake?

It took him less than a minute to shower and change into clean clothes. He resumed his place on the sofa, and was flipping through the channels when the door swung open. "Clark! Lana! I'm home!"

He shut off the TV. "Hi, honey!" he said as his other wife hung up her coat. "How was work?"
Okay, not Drake. Kent. Seriously, what's going on in this story?

"Eh," she said, leaning in for a quick kiss. "It's the same thing: all the signs point to Lois Luthor being The Boss, but she, of course, swears that she's innocent.
Wrong world, wrong world! Where is that imp from the 5th dimension when you need it? Oh, wait, it's not called Mxypltk or something any more, but Mary? Mary Potts? Things get stranger and stranger.

He was cut off by the sound of screeching tires in his driveway. He looked through the wall, and his eyebrows rose into his hair as he saw a beautiful brunette climb out of a still-running Mercedes and march, fuming, up to his front door...
Lois? What is she going to do now? Do I really want to read on? Where are we anway? New Krypton? confused

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#94212 04/06/13 10:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, boy. Let's add Lois and Zara in the mix and watch the fun.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#94213 04/10/13 04:16 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It took me going back to realize you had not mentioned Lois earlier when Mayson yelled at "Lana". In fact, when I first saw Mayson I assumed that Lois and Clark had named their daughter that. I am not sure if Lois would have ever gone for it, but maybe she decided she was a good friend after all.

John Pack Lambert
#94214 04/10/13 04:28 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to point out that while polygamy is illegal in many states, the only states that would even consider prosecuting it are Utah, Arizona and maybe Texas, and even there generally they will not unless one of the wives is under 18.

In New York a few years ago the New York Times outed some Muslim polygamists, but no one called for a prosecution. Even though in the larger article it was revealed that many of the second wives as 17-year-olds from Ivory Coast getting married by phone to men in their 30s.

In the 1930s Utah was a hot bed for prosecuting polygamists, the mainstream Mormons wanted to have nothing to do with the continuation of the practice, but after sending waves of men to jail and the practice continuing, they largely gave up on it until the 1990s, when a new wave started of focusing on underaged marriages instead of plurality in prosecution. No one is sure the courts will even uphold laws making polygamy by adults a prosecutable offense, but no prosecutor seems to want to have the case that would decide it on their hands, so Clark really would not have to worry about prosecution.

Now, Mayson being able to be a polygamist and an assistant DA is a bit less likely. But hey, if we accept guys can fly, I guess accepting the US not having anti-polygamy laws is possible.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard