Pulitzer
Pulitzer
laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What an awesome way to start the day! Quite a shortcut! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute! I concur; a great start to the day. Loved this line
Clark stared in fascination. He understood, now, how people had felt when they saw Superman for the first time.
And the dog's a liar!! smile1 smile1 thumbsup jump
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Io,

A most entertaining way to start the day! rotflol

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Very cute. I totally forgot that Clark was even sleeping! I chuckled a few times and the whole story put a smile on my face. Loved the farmer's closing line.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1
Taking The Shortcut
/decides to interpret this in the Tank way/ wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
I thought it was so apt that, even in his dreams, Clark is following Lois on a story. Even when the story shifts to highly implausible, he doesn't abandon her.

I've always enjoyed the growing affection between LnC in the GGGoH episode. You captured it perfectly, Iolanthe.

Great story!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, IolantheAlias

I'm not generally a dog person, but I love this story and I love Rex.

When I finished the story, the thought crossed my mind that I might write a story like this just to use this sequence:
“By the way, that dog is amazing. How come you’re selling him so cheap?”

Bob looked at them and spat a cud of chewed tobacco on the ground. “That dog is a big fat liar. He never did any of those things.”
I did love the Lois/Clark interaction. The sequence of episodes from the Pilot through ASU (if you include Witness in the right place before HiM) is my favorite sequence of episodes in the entire LnC series.

Anyway, very cute and funny.
Well done!
Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Darth Michael:
Can you imagine if the cops would actually have to go on administrative leave on TV shows every time they shoot somebody? Seasons would just be four episodes long, or 22, with eighteen of them spent following the administratively left cops on their adventures.
Yes, they do tend to leave all that boring stuff out when things are on TV, don't they?

Actually, guys don’t get lost.
/bursts out into raucous laughter/

Sounds like he’s going to chop them up and put them in ye supper stew.
Nah - this fic is just fluff! smile

“Superman never said anything about having a dog.”
“I wonder if he does. You know, Clark, if the dog was Kryptonian, would it be able to fly, too?”
Thanks for the picture of Krypto! I had to admit that I was thinking of him here.

And it did seem a bit farfetched. After all, a dog only lives ten years or so if he’s that size, and to live with various world leaders? Well, he’d probably be sent to the Kremlin mainly.
Bobbart:
When I finished the story, the thought crossed my mind that I might write a story like this just to use this sequence (punchline here)
I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that this is a corny joke all dressed up with LnC WAFF. wink

Female Hawk:
I thought it was so apt that, even in his dreams, Clark is following Lois on a story. Even when the story shifts to highly implausible, he doesn't abandon her.
Wow, I never saw this subtext! Thanks for pointing it out.

Bobbart:
I did love the Lois/Clark interaction. The sequence of episodes from the Pilot through ASU (if you include Witness in the right place before HiM) is my favorite sequence of episodes in the entire LnC series.
I have to agree with you there, Bob.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
LOL. That was hilarious. I also forgot that Clark had gone to sleep! When Lois was doggedly (har har) pursuing this talking animal thing, I thought it was rather bizarre, but I was willing to go with it!

I loved how Lois was volunteering that the dog stay at Clark's apartment--I was already mentally considering how Clark would handle a talking dog as a roommate haha.

And then you hit us with this:

Bob looked at them and spat a cud of chewed tobacco on the ground. “That dog is a big fat liar. He never did any of those things.”
That paragraph is perfect in every way. The chewing tobacco is a wonderful touch, and the line about the dog lying made me laugh out loud! (I did, however, feel a strong urge to defend the dog - haha!)

You did a fantastic job with this! Gotta love Clark wanting to recreate the shortcut, heheh. Cute!!!

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked the detail of the state police investigation of Rachel's actions. Even though it is a pretty clear case, it makes sense there will be some sort of investigation.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
rotflol Especially the farmers line about the dog being a liar.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Which is why we’ve been on the road for three hours, and the last state highway sign we saw had “Arkansas” on it.”
So, she’s on her way to Vegas to marry Clark?
Except Arkansas is south-east of Kansas, and Vegas is west (and maybe a little south). The route goes through Colorado and Utah, or you can go down Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona, but you would never head through Arkansas.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard