Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93821 03/10/13 02:39 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi everyone!

The good news is that the last part is longer than usual. That bad news is that I have no buffer left and I need a break from this story.

I hope to spend the next month re-building my buffer and re-charging my batteries by writing other stories.

Thanks for your continued interest in this story. I will be back with the final 6? parts sometime in April.

In case you were wondering, miracle berries do exist and grow in western and central Africa.

Corrina.

#93822 03/10/13 05:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting about the miracle berries. The story was also sweet. We'll be here when you get back. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#93823 03/10/13 07:11 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois bent down to give him a hug. "Kent and I just went for an early morning walk," she said, taking her son's hand and guiding him into the hut.
I don't know why Clark has even contemplated telling Lois about his origins. Shouldn't he tell her his real name before anything deeper?

John Pack Lambert
#93824 03/10/13 08:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
razz

I loved this part. The whole picnic scene was so sweet, literally. Cool, that such a berry actually exists. The things I learn in fanfic. laugh

I'm glad Kent is still unsure about how he fits into this group. He wouldn't have changed completely because of Lois's pep talk and still been his normal mopey self.

I loved the whole thing about Diddi trying to get Clark to change his underwear. clap No, I can't picture Clark in a loin cloth either. I'm guessing you mean one more like the one Mogli wears (similar to shorts) in Disney's "Jungle Book" than the hanging flap that "loin cloth" can also mean. I'm hoping by taking off of the jeans (where Green K fragments could be embedded) and washing them, Clark will start to feel more like himself. Although, the way things are going, I'm thinking he's okay just the way he is for the time being.

Talking about Lois's writing, I'm a bit surprised that Clark hasn't mentioned that he writes too. And NO, I don't think Lois is going to let Clark read her romance novels. clap

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Lois bent down to give him a hug. "Kent and I just went for an early morning walk," she said, taking her son's hand and guiding him into the hut.
I don't know why Clark has even contemplated telling Lois about his origins. Shouldn't he tell her his real name before anything deeper?
John, I don't see any problem with Clark changing himself to "Kent". He's been reborn, starting life over, why not start with a new name? And it's not like he's telling her his name is "Carl". I'm sure he'll tell her the truth eventually, after he's sure of himself and of her. It's not like she's going to recognize the name unless she read an article about Mating Habits of (Nobbed-tailed?) Geckos while waiting for the gun runners to make their appearance. I'm more surprised from all the stories that Perry must have told Clark about the late great Lois Lane, that he hasn't figured out this woman who was chased by gun runners in the Congo isn't the same woman who disappeared from the Daily Planet. (Or did Perry only tell those stories to James Olsen?)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#93825 03/11/13 05:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
...I'm sure he'll tell her the truth eventually, after he's sure of himself and of her. It's not like she's going to recognize the name unless she read an article about Mating Habits of (Nobbed-tailed?) Geckos while waiting for the gun runners to make their appearance. I'm more surprised from all the stories that Perry must have told Clark about the late great Lois Lane, that he hasn't figured out this woman who was chased by gun runners in the Congo isn't the same woman who disappeared from the Daily Planet. (Or did Perry only tell those stories to James Olsen?) [/QB]
I was kinda wondering that too.

I also find it ironic (and no, I haven't read the rest of the comments on the story, so someone may have already pointed out the obvious pun) that Tempus managed to drop Clark on the single spot on Earth where Lois would encounter him. Or was Wells piloting the airplane? wink

Looking forward to the resumption of posts in a few weeks.

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#93826 03/11/13 06:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Kismatt:
I also find it ironic (and no, I haven't read the rest of the comments on the story, so someone may have already pointed out the obvious pun) that Tempus managed to drop Clark on the single spot on Earth where Lois would encounter him. Or was Wells piloting the airplane? wink
There's a reason for this...

From Part 1:
"Goodbye, Mr Kent." Mr Tempus's voice echoed through the capsule. "After all we've meant to each other, I feel an obligation to give you a fitting burial. And because I'm a man who can appreciate irony, your body will rot near hers."
I'm sure Tempus appreciated you finding his irony ironic. laugh I'm thinking this means that Lois's "gun running" story isn't all that it cracked up to be.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#93827 03/11/13 11:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

Personally, I'm wondering when one or the other is going to let slip that they worked for the Planet. That would start a very interesting conversation.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#93828 03/12/13 03:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Corrina:

Recharge. We shall be waiting.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#93829 03/12/13 12:59 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am glad Clark is continuing his bonding.

John Pack Lambert
#93830 03/13/13 06:45 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
quietly reading this and enjoying every minute. can't wait for you to rest up and return!!

#93831 04/06/13 01:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Corinna, it had been a long time since I commented one of your stories. I am a bad supporter - sorry. But I will add that I follow every one of your fics on the board and this one is yet again a promising one. I hope you're succeeding to recharge your batteries and have time to wind up.
I like this Kent who is so uncertain, fragile, afraid to live again to get over Lana's betrayal - it is making him really human. Trust is so important. I'm wondering about Clark's situation before he got thrown out of a plane, is not it Lois part normally ; ) - and the role of Tempus. Diddi is so cute.

I'll be patiently waiting. I thank you for your fantastic imagination. You have a gift to portray such realistic and fascinating characters.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Hannah

#93832 04/06/13 02:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This commentor is in total agreement with Annalina19. Yours is a genuine talent. We would love to read more from you again.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#93833 04/15/13 01:52 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the FDK and your patience.

Laura I discovered the miracle berries by accident and just knew they had to fit somewhere in a story that is basically about turning bitterness into sweetness smile

John By 'real name' do you mean Clark or Kal? That's the point, Clark feels as if he took on a new name and a new identity as a baby. Now, he feels as if he's doing it again.

Virginia About Clark's former job - I think the loss of that was overwhelmed by everything else he lost. Also, as he has never worked with Lois, I don't think his position at the DP would have meant as much to him as it does to canon-Clark. So, he accepted quite easily that it had gone forever (certainly that was the case once he was dumped in Africa) but he's not upset about it, therefore, there's no real need to mention it.

About Clark being called 'Kent' ...

I'm sure he'll tell her the truth eventually,
What truth? Clark Kent isn't actually his name - it's the name he used in a life that has now gone completely. If M&J were still alive (or had only recently passed) he would feel differently. Although he didn't plan it, 'Kent' keeps a small link with M&J, but allows him to ditch 'Clark' and hopefully, move on from all the pain of loss (his parents, Lana, the baby,) he experienced as Clark.

Kismatt You will get an explanation as to why Clark doesn't associate 'Lois' with 'Lois Lane'.

Ken Yeah. For both of them, it's a part of the life they have left behind. Also, when Clark was talking about his childhood, he said he was from 'Smallville, Kansas'. There is no logical reason why Lois would then think, 'Oh, so he must have worked at the Daily Planet, then.' wink

Morgana Thanks. Recharge is going well.

Sarah Hi - thanks for dropping by and letting me know you're following along.

Hannah Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're reading. Yep, I like Diddi, too.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard