Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

I understand Tank's statement that Lois saying she wanted to be his girlfriend came too quickly. But I'm on your side on this one.

Time is precious and Lois has just been pulled from the jaws of death, been given another chance albeit five years later and, as a result, realized that five years of her life had been snatched away from her as well.

Given the alternative, losing five years or losing her life -- the first is obviously the better one. So, I agree with you, she wouldn't want to lose any more time and her feelings were there -- so go for it girl!!!!!!

A very nice Christmas for us all, Wendy. Thank you!!!

Barb.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was a great ending. I didn't believe that we could have a Happy Ending, given how it started, in only 3 parts, but you did it. And it all flowed perfectly, didn't seem rushed at all. smile
I'm so glad that Clark got to be happy, and also that Lois believed him when he told her about our L&C.

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
I loved it
ditto others
Sorry I'm late posting
Happy Holidays
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sorry that I'm so late coming back to thank you all for your wonderful feedback on this story!! Thank you so much!

I'm not surprised that some people thought the romantic development was a little fast. It's quite true that had this been anything other than a Christmas story it probably would have ended up approaching an epic, given the premise. But I refused to let it become that! goofy

Tank had a problem with Lois's use of 'girlfriend', and I think I agree. At the time, I wasn't sure about that word in the context, but I couldn't think of anything I liked better. Oh well!

But CC expressed what I was really aiming for in the story:
While I agree with Tank that the "girlfriend" thing might have been too fast and a bit unusual for any Lois Lane, I don't care. It's Christmas and this was just exactly what the holidays call for- sweet, warm, and maybe a bit gooey, but in the nicest possible way.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! smile

(Mind you, CC, you do seem to be agreeing with me quite a lot these days... should I be worried about you? goofy )

Thank you all very much again! And I hope every FoLC had a wonderful Christmas.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah well, it's the holidays, Wendy.
Peace on earth, goodwill and all that...still it is a bit weird.

No doubt things will be back to normal fairly soon. wink

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, I know I’m way behind on this promised fdk but here goes.

Well, let’s start at the beginning, the end of part 2 is still as moving reading it the umpteenth time as it was when part two was first posted. goofy

She’d looked so sad, so forlorn, when she’d said she wasn’t ready to meet anyone yet. So lost and alone.
Just like him.
And he wanted to show her that she would never be alone as long as he existed. He wanted to enfold her in his arms again and tell her how much he loved her and how he would protect and love her for the rest of his life.
How wonderfully WAFFy and sad and so very hopeful! I was so happy to see Clark so attuned to Lois so little after she seemed uncharacterly attuned to him. Lovely balance between them that shows how they can be equals in a relationship, should one evolve. clap

He’d seemed worried that she might not enjoy the experience, and for a moment she’d wondered if he was about to withdraw his invitation.
Poor Clark! I’m so glad he got over his insecurity/fear and took LOis flying. laugh

Although... The thought struck her, then, that he did work for the Daily Planet. Now, if she could persuade the new editor, whoever that was, to give her back her job, maybe they could work together? For some reason, the thought of Clark Kent disappearing entirely from her life was very unpalatable...
Good for Lois! Already making plans to ‘snag’ Clark!

He held her in silence for a long time. Then, when she took another deep breath, he murmured, “I lost both my parents when I was ten. It does get better, Lois. I promise.”
Such a wonderful scene, and as usual beautifully written.

Later, after they’d eaten - and Clark had even impressed himself at the way he’d managed to conjure up a respectable Christmas dinner almost out of nowhere - they adjourned to the living room.
I love the way Clark is unwilling to leave Lois even for the few minutes it would take him to get food. clap

She was different. He’d always felt somewhat inadequate next to that Lois. After all, she was the one with experience of Superman; she was the one who’d made him what he was, and to whom he looked to for advice. Even when he’d been in her world, by which time he’d been Superman for over a year, she’d still been the one calling the shots.

With this Lois, they were equals. And he even felt protective towards her, in a way he hadn’t really had the opportunity to be towards the other Lois. He’d even felt awkward about comforting her in the absence of her husband; after all, there had been that dangerous moment when they’d almost kissed.
That is so insightful! notworthy

I... I mean, if it’s all you want, I’m happy to be your friend and nothing more. Just having you around is enough.”
Awwww!!!!!

A cautious smile edging across her face, she said, “Actually, I’m not sure that I could settle for just being your friend, Clark Kent.”
Sounding as if he was barely able to believe his ears, he exclaimed, “You can’t?”
Yes! Yes! Yes! I love these WAFFy moments!

And the end scene is wonderfully WAFFy and very in keeping with the spirit of the season.

I do have one important question: WHERE’S THE SEQUEL??????

Avia (who enjoyed the fact that the fact she didn’t have enough time meant she could re-read this several time and take a few minutes each time to catch her breath wink )

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard